Thread: What I've Started To Realize About Brock Lesnar's Booking

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

What I've Started To Realize About Brock Lesnar's Booking

Now you may not care for, take seriously, or even like what I have on my mind and will say. Hell, you may even be surprised I'm saying all of this, but one thing you'll need to do is hear me out here. I get it. There are people that have liked the way that Brock Lesnar has been booked as of late. Getting cheered over Reigns, getting big face reactions for every reason possible, etc. Perhaps the highlight of it all is when he delivered an F5 to Michael Cole. I myself have been a fan of the way he's been booked, but now I'm starting to realize all of the problems it's caused that can only get worse later on. Those affected are the casual fans, (yeah, those fans who don't post on forums and probably have no idea there are wrestling forums, and they also are known to think that everything that happens is real) the WWE Creative Team, and the direction of Brock Lesnar himself. One of the biggest problems I see (or maybe not, depending on how WWE Creative handles it) is that Lesnar is supposedly a face seeing that he's gotten into it with Seth Rollins numerous times, the fans have been and still are cheering him like crazy. Seriously. How do you book a unbeatable, implied to be face monster and which heel do you book him against? They may choose to keep him heel despite the cheers but once again, the face that could or maybe would beat him will be despised. Another problem I see with the way he's been booked is Lesnar's character himself. He's said it in interviews. He doesn't have any respect for anybody, he's the kind of guy that will go and crush all of these "fairy tales" of people wanting to win the title from him, The Undertaker retaining his streak, John Cena getting a win over him and keeping the title, etc. And in my mind, one of the most crucial aspects along with representing the company, (yeah, the "Corporate" guy) kissing up to and standing by the fans, and leading the locker room, respect. If you don't have that, you're not going to really go anywhere as a face. I mean yeah, he'll most likely be over with us internet fans and forum dwellers, but what in the hell would WWE be thinking if they decide to actually make Lesnar a face and keep his character the exact same. It's gonna be damn near impossible for the casual fans to accept it and cheer for him, which is the audience WWE targets anyway. Realistically, he COULD get away with being a tweener, but a full on face? No. Out of the equation. Will not under any circumstances work no matter how hard WWE tries. You just can't have that kind of a top babyface. He neither respects nor cares for the wrestling business and only is there for the money. Now I don't know if anyone else is feeling the same way currently, but I definitely wouldn't be surprised if this changed people's perspectives, and I definitely encourage replies here.

Re: What I've Started To Realize About Brock Lesnar's Booking

I don't see how it's going to be a problem at all. Brock is just an unstoppable beast. It doesn't matter whether he's battling faces and getting booed or facing heels and getting cheers. Lesnar is the same character. I don't see why that won't be able to continue to connect with the fans as time continues to pass.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I don't see how it's going to be a problem at all. Brock is just an unstoppable beast. It doesn't matter whether he's battling faces and getting booed or facing heels and getting cheers. Lesnar is the same character. I don't see why that won't be able to continue to connect with the fans as time continues to pass.
    I think it could be a problem if WWE wants him to also connect with the casual fans. And knowing that audience, they're not going to buy into it all right away as some would think. I've heard people say "Oh, they turned this person face. We all like him/her now! Oh, they turned this person heel. We all hate him/her now!" No. It doesn't always work that way. In some cases, yes, the casual fans are a flock of sheep, but in this case, it's gonna take a lot of effort by WWE to get Lesnar over with that audience if they even want to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
    I think it could be a problem if WWE wants him to also connect with the casual fans. And knowing that audience, they're not going to buy into it all right away as some would think. I've heard people say "Oh, they turned this guy face. Now everyone is going to like him!" No. It doesn't always work that way. In some cases, yes, the casual fans are a flock of sheep, but in this case, it's gonna take a lot of effort by WWE to get Lesnar over with that audience if they even want to do that.
    The WWE won't need to do a single thing to get Lesnar over as a face.

WAKE UP

Status

Those affected are the casual fans, (yeah, those fans who don't post on forums and probably have no idea there are wrestling forums, and they also are known to think that everything that happens is real)
    are there people over 12 years old who think wrestling is real? casual fans are drawn just as much to what is cool as people on forums are. it's 2015 - forums are not exactly a niche any more.

And in my mind, one of the most crucial aspects along with representing the company, (yeah, the "Corporate" guy) kissing up to and standing by the fans, and leading the locker room, respect. If you don't have that, you're not going to really go anywhere as a face. I mean yeah, he'll most likely be over with us internet fans and forum dwellers, but what in the hell would WWE be thinking if they decide to actually make Lesnar a face and keep his character the exact same.
    literally all they would have to do is have lesnar give someone respect. something as small as shaking a dudes hand or giving them a rub after a match, even if he crushed them, would be enough of a show of respect to make lesnar look like someone worth supporting. rememeber taker in 2002?

Mid-Card Champion

Status

It's not like Brock is going to come out cutting John Cena promos now that he's a face. He'll be the same badass he's always been he'll just be fighting different people.

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

First and foremost he's a bad ass in the ring whether face or heel and that's what connects with the fans the most. Mark my words if they choose to turn him face he will be massively over almost instantly. There will be no problems at all.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

HOSS MOD

Status

Brock Lesnar says "screw you" to the face-heel dichotomy. He is neither face nor heel. He is simply Brock Lesnar, destroyer of hopes, dreams, and whatever pitiful little mortal dares step into the ring with him.

Considering that Brock's a special attraction and pro wrestling fans are a bloodthirsty lot who like watching other people get crushed, I doubt Brock'll have any real problems if WWE Creative books him one alignment or another. About the only thing that'd ruin Brock is if he gets booked like a mortal instead of this god/monster that he is now.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Its not really an issue at all. Brock is Brock. He's a once ever in the wrestling business, there's never been and probably never will be another Brock Lesnar with all his physical tools and legitimacy, the guy just has this badass aura about him. He's the only guy that can get away with no selling and just wrecking shit because the fans buy him as a destroyer of worlds. Casual fans know the guy as the UFC HW Champ as well.
    Last edited by ETE; 05-13-2015 at 05:58 PM.

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Brock Lesnar says "screw you" to the face-heel dichotomy. He is neither face nor heel. He is simply Brock Lesnar, destroyer of hopes, dreams, and whatever pitiful little mortal dares step into the ring with him.

Considering that Brock's a special attraction and pro wrestling fans are a bloodthirsty lot who like watching other people get crushed, I doubt Brock'll have any real problems if WWE Creative books him one alignment or another. About the only thing that'd ruin Brock is if he gets booked like a mortal instead of this god/monster that he is now.
    This all the way. He's not really a heel or a face, he's on the grey wavelength where he's simply out for himself and really the way you see him depends on your perspective. Him with Rollins is still the same as he was with Reigns/Cena, etc. A bad ass who wrecks shit. Just let him keep beating the fuck out of anyone he gets his hands on and you're golden.

Thread Information