KUSHIDA
    Alex Shelley
    Mascara Dorada
    Rocky Romero
    David Finlay
    Bobby Fish
    Nick Jackson

---------------------

That looks a more interesting tournament than it was last year, reDRagon in singles on either side of the blocks really help, as does the inclusion of some of the young lions and Gedo. Wonder why no Sho Tanaka, does he count as heavyweight?

KUSHIDA's winning guys.
    Last edited by Jim; 05-07-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Re: The Official Puro Discussion Thread

Yep, this pretty much confirms what I think most suspected that Tanaka would be placed as a heavy. Too bad, instead we get Nick. (Why 1? It should have been both or neither.)

Pitting KUSHIDA & Shelley on the last day was weak. No drama at all in Block B. Block A's more wide open but lacks the two best workers like Block B has. The division as a whole is probably at it's lowest point ever besides when Devitt was BC Champion so that makes it hard for me to be excited. Still, Cavernario & Finlay were both unexpected and welcome surprises. Though Finlay's had under 60 matches total so it was strange bringing him in. My expectations for his work is low, though some callback spots to his dad should be fun. Cavernario could easily be the most fun guy in the whole tournament if CMLL Cavernario shows up. But with the tact NJPW's shown with "entertainment" lately he could also be the worst.

Wish I felt stronger about someone besides KUSHIDA winning but he looks like a pretty safe bet right now.

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

I believe Matt Jackson's partner is due to give birth during the tournament so he's not involved.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm curious to this year's BOSJ as well. Singles Trent, Fish, and O'Reilly are all nice to see and we're bound to get some cool quality from those guys. I'm into some Young Lion's being in this and adding some freshness as well.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Re: NJPW BOSJ 22 - Begins May 22nd

I didn't realize that Finlay had a son in wrestling. I'd be curious to see what he's learned in his brief time wrestling.

What's the story on this Barbaro Cavernario fella?

Out of the two blocks, I think Block B looks a little stronger, although that may just be because of my supreme hatred of Taguchi.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Cavernario's right up your alley, Jim: He's literally a caveman. He plays a really fun gimmick, & he's also a highly rated wrestler by many, though I am looking forward to seeing him in Japan where I might actually be able to enjoy him. In Mexico, I always watch Lucha with the girl and she hates Cavernario and his caveman-ness, always complaining about how stupid he is. Even insulting Cavernario's manager, Barbaro. (A stuffed monkey who hangs from a stick) Here's a match of his I watched by myself and did enjoy quite a bit. His hair vs hair match at CMLL's biggest show last year vs an underrated wrestler named Rey Cometa. Match itself isn't overly long.

(Entrances start at 3:13)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc1gdn394m8

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Every BOSJ show will be available on NJ World, although the majority won't be live, they'll be up a day later. Hopefully that's an indication that the same thing will happen for the G1 and we'll get all those shows on the network as well.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

So I just finished up with Night 1, a fun little opening to this tournament, nothing too great, but I wouldn't say anything sucked.

I really enjoyed the aggression of Komatsu in his match with Liger, he jumped Liger during his entrance and took the fight right to the legend. He also did the best count out tease you'll see this year; Liger brainbusters him out by the guard rail, he rushes to the ring at about 16, at 18 he collapses into the ring apron and falls over like he's exhausted and I completely bought that they were doing a count out finish, and then at 19.9 he rolls back in. Awesome spot. Liger finishes him off with another brainbuster later. The young lions inclusion in the tournament is vindicated after one match.

Singles Nick Jackson is slightly better than tag Nick Jackson because there was actually points in his match with Tiger Mask where he was selling, normally in a young bucks match he just keeps popping right back up and climbs the ropes with ease at the finish, but here it took him about 30 seconds to climbs the turnbuckle and settle himself for a 450 splash. Was really surprised by this result tbh, Tiger Mask pinned him with the Tiger Suplex.

Finlay Jr looks like he's got some potential but he's quite rough round the edges, I thought his match with Shelley was one of the weakest of the night. Finlay didn't really impress much.

Cavernario I'm going to have to pass judgement on until I see him against a good opponent, but I wasn't too impressed with him against Chase Owens. Looked like he belongs in CHIKARA.

Interval 10 man tag was good, standard house show stuff where everyone pairs off against the opponent they're feuding with. I don't remembering Tanahashi bumping once.

Fish and Romero was alright, had some good comedy involved when Fish stole Romero's eye patch and wrestled half the match with it on.

Trent and KOR got involved after this match to immediately run into their tournament match which I felt was good, but KOR was doing some silly overselling on the little things like an armwrench and chops which was taking me out of the match a little bit. Trent is awesome though.

Dorada/Kushida I felt was really good and probably should of main evented the show. Solid stuff from both guys.

Gedo Vs Taguchi was ok, I don't think it should of main evented the show, but Okada's excitement on commentary for his manager's performance was cool. I'm excited to see what Gedo can do in this tournament, just not against Taguchi

Get on Liger/Komatsu.

Standings after Night 1:

BLOCK A
    Bárbaro Cavernario (1-0)
    Gedo (1-0)
    Jushin Thunder Liger (1-0)
    Kyle O’Reilly (1-0)
    Baretta (0-1)
    Chase Owens (0-1)
    Ryusuke Taguchi (0-1)
    Yohei Komatsu (0-1)

BLOCK B
    Alex Shelley (1-0)
    Bobby Fish (1-0)
    Tiger Mask IV (1-0)
    KUSHIDA (1-0)
    David Finlay (0-1)
    Máscara Dorada (0-1)
    Nick Jackson (0-1)
    Rocky Romero (0-1)

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    So I just finished up with Night 1, a fun little opening to this tournament, nothing too great, but I wouldn't say anything sucked.

I really enjoyed the aggression of Komatsu in his match with Liger, he jumped Liger during his entrance and took the fight right to the legend. He also did the best count out tease you'll see this year; Liger brainbusters him out by the guard rail, he rushes to the ring at about 16, at 18 he collapses into the ring apron and falls over like he's exhausted and I completely bought that they were doing a count out finish, and then at 19.9 he rolls back in. Awesome spot. Liger finishes him off with another brainbuster later. The young lions inclusion in the tournament is vindicated after one match.

Singles Nick Jackson is slightly better than tag Nick Jackson because there was actually points in his match with Tiger Mask where he was selling, normally in a young bucks match he just keeps popping right back up and climbs the ropes with ease at the finish, but here it took him about 30 seconds to climbs the turnbuckle and settle himself for a 450 splash. Was really surprised by this result tbh, Tiger Mask pinned him with the Tiger Suplex.

Finlay Jr looks like he's got some potential but he's quite rough round the edges, I thought his match with Shelley was one of the weakest of the night. Finlay didn't really impress much.

Cavernario I'm going to have to pass judgement on until I see him against a good opponent, but I wasn't too impressed with him against Chase Owens. Looked like he belongs in CHIKARA.

Interval 10 man tag was good, standard house show stuff where everyone pairs off against the opponent they're feuding with. I don't remembering Tanahashi bumping once.

Fish and Romero was alright, had some good comedy involved when Fish stole Romero's eye patch and wrestled half the match with it on.

Trent and KOR got involved after this match to immediately run into their tournament match which I felt was good, but KOR was doing some silly overselling on the little things like an armwrench and chops which was taking me out of the match a little bit. Trent is awesome though.

Dorada/Kushida I felt was really good and probably should of main evented the show. Solid stuff from both guys.

Gedo Vs Taguchi was ok, I don't think it should of main evented the show, but Okada's excitement on commentary for his manager's performance was cool. I'm excited to see what Gedo can do in this tournament, just not against Taguchi

Get on Liger/Komatsu.

Standings after Night 1:

BLOCK A
    Bárbaro Cavernario (1-0)
    Gedo (1-0)
    Jushin Thunder Liger (1-0)
    Kyle O’Reilly (1-0)
    Baretta (0-1)
    Chase Owens (0-1)
    Ryusuke Taguchi (0-1)
    Yohei Komatsu (0-1)

BLOCK B
    Alex Shelley (1-0)
    Bobby Fish (1-0)
    Tiger Mask IV (1-0)
    KUSHIDA (1-0)
    David Finlay (0-1)
    Máscara Dorada (0-1)
    Nick Jackson (0-1)
    Rocky Romero (0-1)
    - Holy fucking shit. My MOTN, honestly. I thought Liger looked motivated as well and was good being annoyed and pestered by Komastu. I've had an admiration for Komatsu for a while, but this match kicked it up a notch. This is how you get noticed. That count out spot was done really fucking well. I hope Komastu is able to remain eye-grabbing.

- And Jackson beat KUSHIDA today. Round Robins are fun I was kind of impressed with Nick in this match. One, because who he was up against. And two, he was actually building a sensible match structure. Like you said, he was actually putting a single person over beyond just taking the fall. From watching night one, I surprisingly am eager to watch more Nick Jackson than anyone else because of how sensible he was on Night One.

- I thought Finlay Jr flat out sucked Didn't really enjoy this.

- I'm with you on Barbaro, but considering his next opponent was Taguchi, that might be a while. The character is great though. I'd probably enjoy him more than most CHIKARA characters right now. He won't out-do Gulak or Silver Ant or Hallowicked, that's for sure, but he'd be a refreshing welcome over Volgar, Condron, Icarus, Nokken, Jakob (I wish Jakob was better), and some of their more stale acts (Throwbacks, The Portal). Owens is still....just there.... to me.

- Me neither but I really didn't pay much attention to this. >___>

- Eh, I would have been more into that spot if people stealing Rocky's eye-patch or Kozlov's hat or spots or whatever weren't done a whole lot prior. The comedy wore thin. I really wanted this to be better. Fish was great as a personality but he can do much better in this tournament overall.

- Haha, I remember when the biggest problem with O'Reilly was how when he sold, it could hardly be considered selling and played to the DR/fighting spirit stuff we all accused him of copying. Now his biggest problem is Curt Hennig selling. Once you think he finally is able to make progress, Kyle's still streaky. It didn't really take me out of the match as much as you probably. I enjoyed this a good deal. Kyle's been much more distracting in recent performances. Trent is getting awesome again, and that's great to see. Breaking away from Gabeland and promotions where his offbeat comedy hinders his true ability has been a wonder. He's motivated again.

- I thought this was very good as well. After kind of losing interest in Kushida a bit, this is what I was looking for. Really good stuff between probably the two best guys in the tournament. Some iffyness, but still good. Second favorite match behind the opener.

- Was not into Gedo/Taguchi at all because I didn't see any drama or areas to invest into. Not a good main event choice.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I don't know why this Komatsu showing is so surprising, to me you can easily say he's the best worker in Block A. But a solid showing from him and old man Liger.

Jackson & TMIV looked like a horrible idea on paper but actually wasn't that bad in reality. I won't go nuts praising it but they did alright. Surprise win done in a good way too.

I told y'all Finlay was green as grass. He's got a long way to go and his tats are horrible. Shelley pulled a Nakamura and phoned it in a bit too. WMOTN.

It's hard to judge anyone as a worker in Block A with this terrible group. Bad styles clash here for Cavernario & Owens though, match wasn't any good. Pretty disjointed all around. Also now I think I know why I dislike him so much usually. He belongs in CHIKARA.

YOSHI-HASHI fighting hard on Goto and getting killed at the end was awesome. Crowd was surprisingly hot for this.

Fish/Romero I actually thought was also a bit of a styles clash and not in a good way. Pretty bad showing here, Fish continues to add absolutely nothing positive and Romero I wanted better from. Black Tiger que?

O'Reilly continues to add nothing positive and I also thought this was honestly not that good. I like Trent usually and I know he's an Ed favorite but this really didn't feel like some special performance to me where it's like "OH". Would like to see him against some better guys. That stuff on the outside with the chair and seated kick that took too long took me out of it.

Dorada/KUSHIDA was good but it was too short. Out of all the matches to gip for time it's this one and the opener. Because God knows Gedo needs his shine. *eye twitch* This was about the best you could hope for but a missed opportunity for a legitimately great match.

Weak main event and I know everyone harps on Taguchi but there's really no reason Gedo should be getting wins in this at all outside of Komatsu & maybe Chase. With that said I'll never like Taguchi as long as he's doing his butt offense.

So yeah, thought the show kinda sucked and it ended on a sour note for me. Even the good was probably two of the shortest matches of the night and the meaningless 10 man tag. Might have to start picking and choosing from here on. Not a good effort.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Alex Shelley's out of the tournament after 1 match. Lame.

Day 2 had nothing worth seeing. Gedo Vs Komatsu was ok, they did about 3 teased count out spots.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

They might as well have not even shown Day 2 if that was all the wrestlers had to give. Especially that Cavernario/Taguchi match. Talk about a miss, 'comedy' for most of the match and then Taguchi suddenly just hits him with his butt?

Feel bad for Shelley. He seemed destined to have a great showing and set up the final night Time Splitters match. Feel for him.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I binge watched a few of these matches and there wasn't anything that was something to jump through hoops to see, but there was some nifty little matches. Liked those Cavernario/Trent from Night 6 and Fish/KUSHIDA matches on Night 7, and thought all 4 men had their best showings thus far, in particular this was the first time one of reDRagon contributed positively to a singles match, though I also think KUSHIDA provides a nice mix of styles against that kinda worker. Good job all around.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Wait a minute? I've only just spotted that there's no semi-finals this year, it's just straight out A1 faces B1 in the finals.

*checks tables*

Ok Kushida is in the finals, no-one can catch him now. He's either going to face KOR or Taguchi who have 10 points each at the top of Block A.

Sigh, it's going to be Taguchi isn't it? If I had to cast my vote for worst wrestler in the world right now, it would be the Japanese Mojo Rawley himself.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Wait a minute? I've only just spotted that there's no semi-finals this year, it's just straight out A1 faces B1 in the finals.

*checks tables*

Ok Kushida is in the finals, no-one can catch him now. He's either going to face KOR or Taguchi who have 10 points each at the top of Block A.

Sigh, it's going to be Taguchi isn't it? If I had to cast my vote for worst wrestler in the world right now, it would be the Japanese Mojo Rawley himself.

Yeah, I actually noticed that change the other day.

And it will be Taguchi, which will fucking sucks. I agree with you slightly. There probably is worse but Taguchi fucking blows hard.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status

It wasn't Taguchi, it was KOR.

Just watched the finals, Kushida/KOR went 30 minutes and was pretty damn good. They went all out.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

The idea of KOR and thirty minutes doesn't really sound that appealing at first I'll try to check it out, though. I have a lot of the tournament I have to catch up on. Might just skip around and watch on name value alone.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Status

Just finished watching Kushida/KO. What a great match, it had a really nice big fight feel throughout the entire thing. Both men really went all out.

Thread Information