Thread: United States Championship Open Challenge

Freakshow Extraordinaire

Status
    Down At The Bottom Of The Garden, Among The Birds & The Bees.
      Country                    UK

United States Championship Open Challenge

I was thinking last night about how well the Open Challenge has been used to make people look good in the ring with Cena, as with Sami on Monday night, and I was trying to think of a way to incorporate that into Cena's feud with Rusev.

What if somebody like Neville was to answer the challenge on the last Raw before Payback, with Rusev and Lana at ringside. Neville puts on a competitive, back and forth match, and manages to hit the Red Arrow, but at the same time Lana jumps onto the apron, distracting the referee. Rusev then enters, lays out Neville, and pulls Cena on top, ensuring that he will still be champ when it comes to their I Quit match.

It would give a fantastic rub to Neville, and also set up the possibility of a feud after Rusev's millionth loss to Cena.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: United States Championship Open Challenge

I was thinking about this myself recently. I was wondering what would happen if the person who answers the call were to pick up a win over Cena via count out or DQ. Or even causing the challenger to lose the match by DQ after seemingly having the match won. Kind of like, in 1992 when Bret Hart was the IC Champion and was in a feud with HBK, when Bret was wrestling Rick Martel in a title match. Martel had the Boston Crab locked in on Bret, but HBK came into the ring without Martel knowing, and begins pounding Bret in the back of the head causing Martel to lose by DQ.

Rather than continuing the feud with HBK, hart wrestled The British Bulldog, while HBK had a short feud with Martel. So, yeah, I could see this happening the RAW before Payback to set up Rusev's next feud.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    South Africa

Even if it's just something seemingly insignificant (like Undy raising Jeff's hand in that one ladder match more than ten years ago), it can do wonders for a developing guy.

Despite what the pundits think, I refuse to believe that "overness" is a zero-sum game.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Its been the only consistently good thing in WWE lately. Match of the night every week and both guys look good.

Freakshow Extraordinaire

Status
    Down At The Bottom Of The Garden, Among The Birds & The Bees.
      Country                    UK

So close...

Thread Information