Thread: NXT Discussion - May 6th, 2015: Stamp On The Dotted Line

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

WWE NXT NXT Discussion - May 6th, 2015: Stamp On The Dotted Line

ZAYN & OWENS SPEAK OUT!

This Wednesday at 8/7 C on WWE Network, hear from both sides of NXT's most heated rivalry as Michael Cole sits down with Sami Zayn and NXT Champion Kevin Owens for in-depth interviews ahead of their battle at TakeOver: Unstoppable.

Matches taking place on the show:

Spoiler:

Charlotte vs. Emma

Rhyno vs. Bull Dempsey

Tyler Breeze vs. Hideo Itami

Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 05-08-2015 at 06:17 AM.

People's Champion

Status

Re: NXT Discussion - May 6th, 2015

So I've just been watching NXT from last night and had a couple of thoughts from it.

~ Really, really happy to see that Uhaa Nation vignette airing. I've always been a massive fan of Uhaa and I think he'll make a fantastic add to the brand. Whilst his mic work may need a little bit of work the things he can do in ring for a man of his size are incredible and I hope we don't have to wait long to see him debut. #TeamNation

~ Absolutely loved Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn's interviews with Michael Cole. Especially Kevin's as he continued to show off why he is one of the best heels in wrestling today. I can only hope Zayn's injury is not serious so that we do get to see their rematch at Takeover.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Well I thought this was a much improved episode which snapped NXT out of it's malaise and got a lot of matches hyped for Takeover.

Emma Vs Charlotte felt like a no win situation because Emma probably needed the win to establish her heel turn, but should that come at the expense of Charlotte? in the end it all made sense with Bailey being able to tease friendship to the fallen Emma only to Belly-to-Bailey her; good undercard feud for the special. Lovely leg work by Emma btw.

The Kevin Owen's interview was masterful, the best mic work he's done in a few months. I'd have much preferred to keep this in house and have Corey Graves interview the Champ, but Cole you could argue makes the interview feel a bigger deal.

Really nice video package on Becky's career path, even mentioning the shitty Irish dancer gimmick. I'm surprised they aren't telling the story that she retired for a few years and then made a comeback.

Hi Bull, Bye Bull. Simple set up for Rhyno/Corbin, fans still seem to be treating Rhyno like the babyface in this feud.

Sasha's promo on Becky was strong as well, good promos tonight so far.

Very surprised at how quickly Uhaa Nation has debuted on NXT, so quickly they haven't thought of a name for him yet! Nice to see them treat signings as important.

Backstage attack!!!!!! Decent build there for the tag titles

Sami's interview was Cole was equally as good, it really picked up when he looked to the camera to address Owens head on. Loved the line about if Owens is such a good father then he should set an example and tell Zayn the truth.

The highlight of the contract signing was Sasha Banks having her personalised stamp rather than use Regal's pen. Do it like a boss!

ok promo from Riley, you're damn right you going away is what I want.

Dana Brooke Vs Charlotte actually sounds like a logic feud to run, there's a story there to be told and it keeps Charlotte busy outside of the title picture.

Itami/Breeze was ok but it feels like we've seen these two have so many matches against each other in 2015 that they're all blending into each other. The finish was the most interesting thing, I liked that they didn't just jump to Balor attacking Itami because of a mistake, I hate that spot where it's so obvious it was an accident but the victim always attacks them for payback. I need a promo from these three guys next week to hype me for their match because at the moment that's all about the action in the ring and nothing else.

but yeah, two thumbs up for this episode.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Very strong show from start to finish

In reality Riley really has no choice but to come back as a heel after his surgery
    I wonder if this was the plan all along, or they are just going by the reactions he has received since his return

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

NXT Review 6/5/15

Charlotte vs Emma

I'm sorry but I just can't get behind Emma, she's hot and all but I just find her irritating. No surprise that Charlotte got the win. Post match Bayley got her stuff back. This feud started ok with Emma trying to toughen Bayley up, but turning into stealing her stuff...it's just juvenile and is all this feud seems to be riding on right now. I'm happy that there are two womens story lines running, but this one doesn't hold my interest at all, and won't until they are fighting because of something more than taking hair bands.

Owens Interview
    Really happy that Owens gets an interview with Cole. Both played their parts brilliantly. Owens as always cut a great total dick promo. I really enjoyed it and I think it says something that he isn't just interviewed by say Renee again but Michael Cole, makes him feel more of a big deal.

Ryno vs Dempsey
    What happens when you put a Bull and a Rhyno in a ring? Rhyno wins and the Bull continues to fade into irrelevance. Rhyno calls out Corbin, actually someone I like less than Dempsey, but this is the feud they are going with for Takerover presumably. Can;t say I'm excited for this one.

Uhaa signing
    Great to see this guy finally signing for NXT, looking forward to his debut. I don;t imagine he will be carrying over the Uhaa Combination which is a totally rad combo finisher if you haven't seen it. But still excited to see what he brings.

Blake/Murphy Attack
    Easily the most interesting thing the champs have done since winning the titles.The link is a bit blurred going from flowers for Carm to attacking the Jersey Boys. BUT still a great move and finally made them somewhat interesting. They need to build on this aggression. I would have them do this each week till Takeover, then when Jersey finally get's their hands on them, it will fell even more important.

Zayn Interview
    Zayn gets the Cole treatment. He does well, but Owens won this round for me. I love everything about this feud, the interviews, all good. Zayn calls out Owens next week, looking forward to that. Oh and I am still reeling from my boy on Raw, what an incredible match. Which makes his injury and unknown prognosis more frustrating, for this momentum to be cut again would seriously suck.

Sasha/Becky Contract Signing
    I don't EVER recall a female contract signing in WWE, maybe I'm wrong. But since Owens/Zayn already did this, I think it's a great move to give the women the spot this time round. I AM looking forward to this match, Sasha is great I love her. But I think Becky has come along a lot recently and am more than ready to see her go for the title. Oh and yes I did like the less than subtle STAMP of approval by Sasha, very cool. Once again NXT comes up with a unique way of doing a signing. No flipping of the table just a folder to the face and then standing on your challenger on the table..,nice! Oh no the table did go over for shits and giggles, more of a spoof of most signings so it was fine. Yeah I'm looking forward to this now.

Riley Spot
    It's a shame when anyone gets injured, hope he recovers. I hope they use his time off to work out a legit plan for what to do with him.

*Dana going after Charlotte, great start up feud for her.*

Itami vs Breeze
    I enjoy these in the ring, but seen it a few times now. Would have preferred Balor/Itami or Balor/Breeze...but maybe they are still to come. Good match, not their best. Not surprised Itami won. I liked the spot of Itami accidentally putting Balor through the barrier, easing heat between the two which we haven't seen before. Breeze cleans hous before we see what happens. I am really into this match up, although recent events mess it up somewhat. Any way good end to the show, and they have built this match up really nice. Balor vs one of them next week?

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: NXT Discussion - May 6th, 2015: Stamp On The Dotted Line

Watching this episode kind of sucked now knowing that Itami and Zayn are probably going to be on the shelf for the special.

Haven't had time to do any sort of big notes or anything. I'll just say I enjoyed this episode a lot more than last week's as a whole. I like how the focus last week was on Zayn and Owens, but everything else was below average or average. Things were better.

Really good night for promos and segments. Owens' sit-down with Cole was really, really good. Sasha's promo and the contract signing were very good as well.

Yeah, quick turn around for Uhaa to be on TV. His last indy match was during WrestleMania weekend and he just reported to camp two or three weeks ago Excited to see him there, but you just can't help but notice the rush. Plus his vignette felt like you could have put ANYONE in that vignette. Just didn't feel unique.

Still not into Emma/Bayley. Bayley's acting still sucks. I thought the feud development was a step up, though. And Charlotte/Emma was good.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

- Bitter disillusioned Emma continues to be a solid best. It helps when you think of Emma as an alternate version of Bayley. That aside, her work on Charlotte's leg here was superb, and her selling Charlotte's Bow Down to the Queen finisher like it's a DDT rather than a cutter makes it look 10 times better than usual. Still though, in the pecking order Charlotte > Emma, so the Flair victory was expected, but fine enough nonetheless.

Poor Emma, though. Like, I totally get Bayley offering her a hug then Hugplexing her into dust - after the past month of Emma belittling, demotivating, attacking and stealing from her it's more than warranted. But Emma's a sad, broken-down woman lashing out at what she sees as a slightly more happy version of herself, yet to be ruined by the RaWasteland. She's the most pitiable person in the company. Look at her face when Bayley offers the hug - she's genuinely touched and moved by this woman she's been tormenting for the past month looking past all that to see the sad, depressed woman that used to be her friend beneath that. What if Bayley kept with the hug and didn't turn it into a Hugplex? Sure, chances are Emma would've attacked her afterwards, but... But maybe she wouldn't've. Maybe that would've been the turning point where she realized being this bitter, unhappy jerk wasn't solving anything, and it's never too late to make amends and start over. Who knows.

Sorry, just some rambling here. Crippling Depression Emma brings out relate-able feelings in me.

- This Becky Lynch vingette is great. I love these short promos where Wrestler A explains who they are and what they're here for. It turns them from 'forgettable Wrestler A' into Actual Wrestler Personality I Know.'

Bonus points for her completely admitting the Irish Jigging was fucking stupid and she was only doing what she thought she should be doing. Be yourself, kids. Go snap some arms.

- That NXT Championship on Owen's shoulder looks pretty smudged. I hope when Prince Pretty wins it he polishes it daily to make it as shiny and pretty as him. Shut up, I can dream.

Nervous, insincere Kevin Owens knowing that the walls are closing in and his time is running out so he'll dodge the truth of his actions as much as he can is a godsend. The man makes a Michael Cole interview - nay, everything - great.

- dunka dunka dun dunnka dunka duh
    BULL

Remember when Bull Dempsey was the big monster in town? Now he's a meaningless plus-sized prop to make a Baron Corbin/Rhyno confrontation seem more important. Such a fall from grace. Can we get him a character retool? Poor guy's sunk faster than the Titanic. Someone suggested pairing up Rhyno & Bull, probably based off that subtle animal motif. Can we stick Baron Corbin in there too, play up his Wolf motif and make a trios team based off animals that will crush you? They could be the SHIELD of NXT, except less SWAT guys and more Zoo Enthusiasts.

Rhyno/Corbin should be... something, I guess. I just hope it leads to something other than SIX MORE MONTHS OF BARON CORBIN SQUASHING NOBODIES.

- "Fabulous Moolah, the greatest diva in the history of the WWE... Until I came along." Oh, Sasha. You're great. Never stop being great.

- No Big E on the video of past NXT champions. Ouch. Fuckin' no-sold.

Ohhey, it's that Uhaa Nation you lads are on about. Cool.

- The Mechanics! Dawson & Wilder! Nicky should be happy about this.

I like how the contingency plan for no-shows is to play their theme again. Like, maybe they're just having a nap backstage and this'll wake them up.

Yay for Dubstep Cowboys for doing something.

- The Sami Zayn interview is such a great contrast to the Kevin Owens one. So honest and truthful. Sami is great. God I hope the injury isn't too serious.

- Becky Lynch is pretty nervous on the live mic. Can't entirely blame her, biggest moment of her life coming up, but it shows.

Sash Banks has her own BOSS STAMP. My god. Someone give her all of the victories.

Good to see a contract signing that was used to improve and expand the characters and personalities involved rather than have it descend into brawling for the sake of it. NXT gets contract signings.

- Godamnit Alex Riley you whiny jealous shit. Like, yeah I hope you're not seriously injured and you make a healthy recovery because I don't wish injury on anyone no matter how much I dislike them, but godamn you're a whiny sack of entitled shit blaming everyone else for your own average shortcomings. STOP MAKING IT SO EASY TO DISLIKE YOU.

- Man, Dana could use some work on her talking. Words, words, words, GASP INTO MICROPHONE. Very offputting.

- Ah, Hideo ITami and Tyler Breeze, the ol' NXT Fallback Plan. I mean, I loved it, but I've seen it so many times in a row it seems meaningless, y'know? Like, I hate saying that because I love both guys and love their matches, but repetition breeds familiarity, and familiarity breeds eeeehhhh.

Balor & Itami being bros and not instantly assaulting each other over an obviously accidently attack is nice, though. Keep them as bros for the rest of time, please.

Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I was very happy to see the Mechanics, Punky

Good to see that Scott Dawson still exists. I might be that guy's biggest fan and he was the best when he was getting a little more featured a couple years ago. Would have been nice to see them actually have a match though, even though I enjoyed Blake and Murphy's attack. Blake and Murphy, slowly getting more comfortable in their roles. Things still feel awkward at times, but it's slowly getting better.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

HOSS MOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Punk Wolf View Post
    Poor Emma, though. Like, I totally get Bayley offering her a hug then Hugplexing her into dust - after the past month of Emma belittling, demotivating, attacking and stealing from her it's more than warranted. But Emma's a sad, broken-down woman lashing out at what she sees as a slightly more happy version of herself, yet to be ruined by the RaWasteland. She's the most pitiable person in the company. Look at her face when Bayley offers the hug - she's genuinely touched and moved by this woman she's been tormenting for the past month looking past all that to see the sad, depressed woman that used to be her friend beneath that. What if Bayley kept with the hug and didn't turn it into a Hugplex? Sure, chances are Emma would've attacked her afterwards, but... But maybe she wouldn't've. Maybe that would've been the turning point where she realized being this bitter, unhappy jerk wasn't solving anything, and it's never too late to make amends and start over. Who knows.
    Punk Wolf: Champion of Friendship and Making Amends.

Bit behind on my NXT viewing. I'll have to get caught up, especially because DAWSON's back.
    Something Witty!

Cyrus Truth
    4x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    1x FWA North American Champion
    2x CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    1x PnH International Champion

Konchu Hao
    1x FWA X Division Champion
    Ground Zero Winner (Season 2)

Thread Information