Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable - May 20th, 2015 - Card & Discussion

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

NXT Takeover Special WWE NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable - May 20th, 2015 - Card & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    It’s official! The next generation of Superstars and Divas are set to hijack the WWE Network with their high-octane brand of sports-entertainment on Wednesday, May 20, when NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable airs live at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT!

The last NXT live special, February’s TakeOver: Rival, featured a show-stealing epic between Neville and the enigmatic Finn Bálor, Sasha Banks capturing the NXT Women’s Championship, and Kevin Owens’ shocking NXT Title victory over Sami Zayn.

The latest chapter in the long friendship-turned-rivalry between Sami Zayn and NXT Champion Kevin Owens will be written at NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable on May 20, live on the award-winning WWE Network, when the two clash in one of the most anticipated rematches in NXT history.

Their last encounter came at TakeOver: Rival on Feb. 11, when Owens absolutely demolished Zayn. Two months to the day after his arrival in NXT, Owens silenced the NXT Universe as he picked his former ally apart, powerbombing Zayn into the canvas five times, leaving the referee with no choice but to stop the match and award Owens the NXT Championship.

Zayn did not appear inside an NXT ring for a month after the brutal match. Upon his return in April, however, Zayn made it clear that he was out for retribution and to regain the NXT Championship. After turning away the challenge of the raging Rhyno, Zayn set his sights on the man he once considered his best friend. Thwarting Owens’ attack on Alex Riley, Zayn set off a brawl that could not be contained by the NXT locker room. Owens was seen scrambling away from the chaos, looking vulnerable for the first time.

Owens emerged the next week, looking to finish the fight, but NXT General Manager William Regal stopped the two before things could escalate and made the match for May 20. At first, Owens refused to put the title on the line, until Zayn used Owens’ old tactics against him, saying that the prize wasn’t fighting Owens at TakeOver: Unstoppable, but the NXT Championship. Owens reluctantly agreed, but promised that Zayn would regret asking for the rematch.

Later that night, Owens interjected himself into Zayn’s match with Alex Riley, attacking both Zayn and Riley in ruthless fashion. After surveying his damage, the NXT Champion walked away from the carnage with a sick smile across his face.

Will Kevin Owens have reason to grin after TakeOver, or will Sami Zayn get the payback he desires and reclaim the NXT Title? Find out at WWE NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable, live on the award-winning WWE Network on Wednesday, May 20 at 8 ET/5 PT!

Three of NXT’s brightest Superstars will battle for the opportunity to challenge for the NXT Championship at TakeOver: Unstoppable, as Finn Bálor, Hideo Itami and Tyler Breeze will meet in a No. 1 Contender’s Triple Threat Match. Each Superstar is more than worthy of a title match, but they’ll have to prove it inside the ring during the live broadcast on WWE Network.

Bálor emerged victorious from an eight-Superstar tournament earlier this year to win the No. 1 Contendership, defeating Curtis Axel and Itami en route to a showdown with Neville in the finals at TakeOver: Rival. Donning his demonic war paint, Bálor defeated the high-flyer with the Coup de Grace to earn a title match. The Irish Superstar came up short against NXT Champion Kevin Owens, but is eager for another crack at the title.

At last May’s TakeOver, Breeze defeated Sami Zayn to become the No. 1 Contender to the NXT Championship. Prince Pretty’s only one-on-one title match came in August 2014, when he challenged Adrian Neville, only for Sami Zayn and Tyson Kidd to interfere, setting the stage for the Fatal 4-Way scramble that WWE.com placed among the best of the year. Since then, Breeze has been immersed in a rivalry with Itami, defeating the Japanese sensation in a grueling 2-Out-of-3 Falls Match. He recently set his sights on Bálor, making this Triple Threat Match a bit undesirable for Prince Pretty.

Itami may be the wild card in the equation. Since arriving in NXT, he has made his presence felt in high-profile bouts against The Ascension and Breeze, in addition to appearing on The Grandest Stage of Them All, WrestleMania. However, the Japanese star has yet to challenge for a title in NXT. Hideo Itami is on quite a roll as of late. Could this be his golden opportunity?

Who will become the No. 1 Contender to the NXT Championship? Find out at NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable, live on the award-winning WWE Network on Wednesday, May 20, at 8 ET/5 PT!

Two of NXT’s brightest stars will clash for the NXT Women’s Championship at TakeOver: Unstoppable, when Sasha Banks defends her title against Becky Lynch.

The rivalry between the two Divas can be traced back to last October, when Lynch joined forces with Banks. Known as Team BAE (Best at Everything), the two ran roughshod over the NXT Women’s division, doing everything in their power to make sure Banks captured the NXT Women’s Title. However, their friendship began to fracture after Lynch made it clear she aspired to be more than a lackey to The Boss.

Their tenuous friendship seemed to be a positive as they entered a Fatal 4-Way Match against Charlotte and Bayley for the title at TakeOver: Rival in February, until the championship dreams of both Divas led to a furious butting of heads. At the end of the epic match-up, it was Banks who walked out with the title.

On April 22, Lynch defeated Charlotte and Bayley in a Triple Threat Match to become the No. 1 Contender to Banks’ championship. The Irish Diva let The Boss know soon after that it wouldn’t be long before the title was around her waist.

The two Divas met in the ring on May 6 to sign the contract for their showdown at TakeOver. Before signing her name on the dotted line, Lynch detailed the journey that started when she was 15 to that very moment, explaining that she didn’t come to just be a part of NXT, she came to be a champion. After putting her own stamp (literally) on the contract, Banks attacked Lynch, eventually stepping on Becky’s head while holding her title high. However, The Boss took a little too much time to gloat, giving Becky an opening to lock on a devastating armbar that forced Sasha to tap out in the middle of the ring.

Will Becky Lynch’s dreams come true, or will Sasha Banks show why she’s The Boss of NXT? Find out at NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable, LIVE on the award-winning WWE Network on Wednesday, May 20 at 8 ET/5 PT. New subscribers, get WWE Network for FREE the entire month of May, including TakeOver: Unstoppable and WWE Payback. See what you’ve been missing and sign up now!

Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady will have the opportunity to prove they truly are the “realest guys in the room” at NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable on May 20, when they challenge Blake & Murphy for the NXT Tag Team Titles.

Enzo & Big Cass became No. 1 contenders for the titles by defeating former champions The Lucha Dragons on March 11, quickly drawing the ire of Blake & Murphy. Rather than focus on their top challengers, the champions began to focus their attention on their rival’s running buddy, the beautiful Carmella. The Princess of Staten Island got a little too close to the action a few weeks later, when she was knocked off the ring apron during a match between Cassady and Blake.

The NXT Tag Team Champions spent the next several weeks trying to woo the bombshell, presenting her with lavish gifts of jewelry and flowers, even serenading the Diva, much to the chagrin of Amore & Cassady. Though their overtures went unrequited, Blake & Murphy persisted, and it cost them a non-title match against Enzo & Big Cass, losing after Murphy spent a little too much time blowing kisses at Carmella.

Embarrassed by the loss, the NXT Tag Team Champions brutally attacked Amore & Cassady in front of Carmella on May 4, preventing the “realest guys in the room” from taking part in their scheduled match. Blake & Murphy’s meddling didn’t stop with their challengers, though. The champions interrupted Carmella’s bout against Alexa Bliss, distracting the Princess of Staten Island and costing her the matchup. After the bell, a furious Carmella vowed that Enzo & Cass would be walking out of TakeOver with the NXT Tag Team Titles.

Will Carmella’s promise come true, or will Blake & Murphy show that they’re not “sawft”? Find out at NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable, live on WWE Network on Wednesday, May 20 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT! New subscribers can try WWE Network for free the entire month of May, including TakeOver. Sign up now and see what you’ve been missing!

Former NXT Women’s Champion Charlotte will join forces with Bayley to take on the brazen pair ofDana Brooke & Emma at NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable.
    Retribution will be on the mind of Bayley, who’s grown uncharacteristically aggressive in her effort to shake off Emma once and for all. The WWE Diva, who once approached competition with the same lighthearted demeanor of Bayley, has targeted NXT’s most huggable wrestler ever since Bayley neglected her advice to shed the fan-friendly attitude. Emma has gone so far as to steal Bayley’s headband and T-shirt, as well as conspire with Dana to further provoke Bayley.

Powerhouse newcomer Dana Brooke, meanwhile, has drawn the ire of Charlotte — arguably the most dominant woman in NXT history — for already claiming to be NXT’s top female athlete. Debuting weeks ago to much fanfare, Dana has wasted no time gunning for second-generation wrestling virtuoso.

With neither duo particularly experienced as tag partners, the WWE Universe is left to wonder how team chemistry will factor into this bitter matchup.

Will Emma finally pay for pushing Bayley too far, or will the WWE mainstay succeed in breaking the dewy-eyed Diva’s spirit? Can Charlotte silence Dana, or will the arrogant rookie back up her boasting? And to what degree will teamwork, or the lack thereof, influence the outcome? Watch the high-octane, highly athletic action when NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable airs live, only on WWE Network on May 20.

Two of NXT’s mightiest forces will collide at TakeOver: Unstoppable when towering colossus Baron Corbin answers the challenge of The Man Beast, Rhyno

In what could possibly be the most hard-nosed confrontation of May 20, The Lone Wolf — an inexperienced but fearless blue-chip brawler whose few losses have come at the hands of NXT’s most elite — will find out if he can match up to the battle-tested ECW Original who called him out in the first place. Confronting Rhyno on the May 13 edition of NXT, Corbin showed no signs of intimidation, delivering a right hand to Rhyno and setting off a wild, pull-apart brawl. Enraged, Rhyno took out his frustrations by Goring two security members.

From the moment he first stepped foot inside NXT’s yellow ropes earlier this year, Rhyno shredded any doubt that he could hang with the Superstars of Tomorrow. A 20-year veteran, the master of the Gore continues to decimate without discretion.

Though the experience gap is significant, it also emphasizes the similarities between Corbin and Rhyno. Corbin’s straight-ahead attack earned him a string of decisive victories in a way not unlike Rhyno running roughshod over the ECW roster.

Benefiting from a reach advantage and possessing the ever-conclusive End of Days, will Corbin be able to assert his dominance over the warrior who excelled in WWE’s hallowed Attitude Era? Or will the practiced and hardened Rhyno tear through NXT’s young sensation and prove he deserves to be in the conversation of potential NXT Championship contenders?

Find out when The Lone Wolf and The Man Beast go at it hammer-and-tongs at NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable, live Wednesday, May 20, at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on the award-winning WWE Network.
    Last edited by Order; 05-15-2015 at 09:07 AM.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable - May 20th, 2015 - Card & Discussion

Judging by last nights and previous weeks NXT's I think its fair to assume that Enzo & Big Cass vs Blake & Murphy, Sasha vs Becky, Bayley vs Emma and Corbin vs Rhyno will be added.

The undercard doesn't excite me as much as previous Takeovers but it should still be a good card, the two top matches are great.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I agree with Crocks card Of course I am looking forward to the main event. The Triple Threat should be awesome also. Balor had a shot recently so it's beetween the other wo, who have both had great runs recently. I tip it to Tyler as Itami is going to have many more chances in the future where as I think Tyler is heading up this year.

I hope Enzo and Cass get the titles, love them two. I'm also into the womens title match. So yeah pumped for this card.

I really like the name also. Kind of makes me lean to an Owens win, but it's just a name so might not matter.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Yeah, the two matches announced are big ones, but the undercard looks like it's shaping up to be pretty weak. I really don't have a lot of interest in any of those matches.
    -------
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

For A Better WC

Status

Looks set up to be a pretty great show.

They've done the Owen Lesnar'ing Zayn angle in the last match so I'm expecting this to be the more competitive and better match between the two, so I'm hyped for that. The backstory for the triple threat was non-existent but on paper it looks fabulous; I'm tipping Itami to walk away with the #1 contendership there.

Two women's matches for the first time on the NXT specials, fancy that, running two different angles in your women's division at the same time. The title match at this stage still seems a little odd, who am I supposed to cheer for in that match? I think they made an attempt at positioning Becky as the babyface, but it wasn't a strong one, unless they force the issue leading up to it, Sasha's gonna end up the crowd favourite because everyone appreciates her. Match could rule though. As for the other match, Emma's acting has been pretty dreadful, but she's a great hand in the ring and the crowd will put heat on her for fucking up their girl Bailey; I think that'll be a good undercard bout.

Corbin Vs Rhyno is whatever, it won't be as bad as the Corbin/Dempsey matches and will be the most interesting match Corbin's had since the Neville tournament match.

My only downer is on Blake/Murphy Vs Enzo and Cass because I just don't see a good match there, although that's par for the course for Takeovers, not many good tag matches. last night's tag didn't excite me for a rematch.

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

The two matches announced are going to be great!

And while the undercard in theory looks weak I am sure at least two of the matches will surpass my expectations. Sasha always delivers and Bayley and Emma will probably end up being fun as well.

Even Corbin and Rhyno has potential. I agree with Ed about the tag team match though. Not been impressed with what I have seen so far.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Lynch vs. Sasha officially added to the card.

Also, you have to help but wonder the status of the main event and the triple threat now.
    -------
    -------

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I think the logical way to go is to have a contender match with the winner going into the main event. Keeps the two matches on the card. Only downside is that it uses up the new contender on the night rather than holding his match for a tv taping.

Your Graphics Heel

Status

Just don't send Neville down to take Sami's spot in the main event (although it would be humorous if they called him Adrian Neville again). Use someone from the current crop. If they want to be really convoluted, then have the winners of Balor/Breeze and Rhino/Corbin face Owens. You can save Balor from losing and let Corbin (or Rhino) take the loss. Just bad timing for Sami and Itami to be out.

Other than that, Banks needs to retain over Lynch, Uhaa needs a good debut match, and Crowe needs to do something or be set free. Solomon Crowe has to be the biggest waste of talent since Kassius Ohno. Ohno brought some of that on himself with the boring matches (compared to what he's doing in the indies now), but the bookers left Crowe on the sideline so long that nobody in Florida seems to care about him anymore.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sabin Shelley Army View Post
    Other than that, Banks needs to retain over Lynch, Uhaa needs a good debut match, and Crowe needs to do something or be set free. Solomon Crowe has to be the biggest waste of talent since Kassius Ohno. Ohno brought some of that on himself with the boring matches (compared to what he's doing in the indies now), but the bookers left Crowe on the sideline so long that nobody in Florida seems to care about him anymore.
    As well as a few injuries apparently Crowe had some time off due to a family illness.

Your Graphics Heel

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    As well as a few injuries apparently Crowe had some time off due to a family illness.
    Ah, okay. Didn't realize that about his family, and I also forgot that he had surgery at some point, didn't he? It's too bad his hacker gimmick didn't get off the ground the very first time that someone released footage of it in 2013. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN86lsAvH0U

For A Better WC

Status

Opening post updated with 3 new matches.

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

Triple H announced at Tuesday’s NXT Takeover media conference that Sami Zayn has been cleared by WWE doctors to participate at Wednesday’s event. Zayn hasn’t wrestled since sustaining the injury weeks ago.

He also confirmed Hideo Itami has been pulled from the event.

So we are getting Owens vs. Zayn then.

GELLING IS GOD

Status

So is it just Balor vs. Breeze or is there a replacement?

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    So is it just Balor vs. Breeze or is there a replacement?
    Nothing announced yet but I assume it would be.

GELLING IS GOD

Status

Joooooe's gonna kill you!

On Vacation

Status

To be fair the Zayn vs Owens match was confirmed on last weeks episode.

I've just listened to the conference call and HHH said Itami would be represented at the show, he played down the Samoa Joe talk.

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    To be fair the Zayn vs Owens match was confirmed on last weeks episode.

I've just listened to the conference call and HHH said Itami would be represented at the show, he played down the Samoa Joe talk.
    Itami's going to be represented?

Time to bring Funaki back out of his cage.

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

Tyler Breeze to Periscope entrance at WWE NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable on WWE Network

Want to get a closer view of a live ring entrance during WWE NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable?

Using Periscope, the new app that allows you to live stream video from your Twitter account, you can get a very special look into Tyler Breeze's entrance later this evening.

Get Periscope now in the app store, follow WWE, NXT and, of course, Tyler Breeze, then jump into the app while watching TakeOver: Unstoppable tonight, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network.
    This is pretty cool

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Periscope app sounds dope.

Kung Fu Naki to win the triple threat and then beat Owens at the next special!

As for Joe, he's taking Indy bookings now apparently so doubt we will see him
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Thread Information