Thread: NXT Discussion - April 29th, 2015: Kevin Owens Lives In Sami Zayn's Shadow

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

WWE NXT NXT Discussion - April 29th, 2015: Kevin Owens Lives In Sami Zayn's Shadow

CAN ZAYN & OWENS BE CONTAINED?

Sami Zayn finally got his hands on Kevin Owens last week in an all-out brawl! Can the two bitter rivals be contained this week? Find out on WWE NXT, Wednesday at 8/7 C, only on WWE Network!
    Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 04-30-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: NXT Discussion - April 29th, 2015

No matches have been announced for this week yet ?

Comeback King

Status

Nope but here are the matches which will air for those interested.

Spoiler:

Enzo Amore & Colin Cassidy vs. Blake and Murphy

Dana Brooke vs. Bayley

Adam Rose vs. Hideo Itami

Becky Lynch vs. Local competitor

Sami Zayn vs. Alex Riley

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Not looking at spoilers for this set of taping's, makes a nice change.

I am glad Owens/Zayn is back to being the main storyline again, love these two together in any capacity.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Enjoyed most of the show as usual but. I hate Enzo and Cass more and more each time I see them I hate their look and hate their gimmick even more. Really looking forward to that Triple Threat at the next Takeover special and Owens/Zayn 2 is gonna kick ass.

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

The whole Bayley/Emma interaction throughout the show sucked

She lost because she didn't have her headband

Really ?

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

- Enjoyed the opening segment for this week's NXT A LOT. I really enjoy Regal and Owens' dynamic with one another. Regal's approach to these segments are always emotionally spot-on. Man, you have to figure that they pull the trigger on Owens/Regal later in the year, right? Zayn's promo was really awesome and the subject matter was great. It actually sounded kind of heelish at first, which was even great. May 20th. Save the date. Rematch of the century.

- Byron Saxton. Bleh.

- Greg Hamilton. Bleh. Wesley Blake's hair tied up GOOFY LOOKING RAPUNZEL GUY. Really awkward segment once Bliss came in.

- A-Ry going SAYITTOMAHFAAACE all on Zayn was amusing. Interesting main event for the night.

- Wesley Blake is getting more and more amusing. Already a decent in-ring worker. Slowly getting a better personality. SLOWLY. But it's coming. Colin Cassidy is a really fun hot tag to watch. Decent little tag match.

- "How important is it for me to win the NXT Womens Champion" Oh, brother. N-Becks-T is still gross.

- Alarming that they haven't abandoned Baron Corbin yet >.>

- The context for Emma and Bayley's feud is still really dumb and is reaching abysmal levels. Bayley's character is so terrible to me now. Hopefully Emma's new alignment actually clicks pretty soon. So far, also pretty bad.

- Number one contender's triple threat should be a nice one. I see Hideo winning that one.

- Ugh. Adam Rose. What's with all these lame people on NXT? Itami's facial expressions to Rose's entrance was pretty great. Fun to see Itami go ham on a jabroni.

- ugh more emma/bayley bullshit goddammit

- Becky's match was alright. Want to see more of that new signee she was with. And Becky's looking less shaky.

- Rhyno's promo was fine, but fuck. Not really into the idea of him and Baron Corbin working a program.

- Main event was kind of frustrating. Seeing Riley in control for so much was kind of nauseating. Owens' commentary was decent. Lame joke attempts ftl. His bully role is fine but it got repetitive with him saying "shouldn't you call the match" a bunch. Post-match was great.

Great opening segment, then went straight to an average episode. Good focus on the Zayn/Owens feud. Right now, that's all I kind of want.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Re: NXT Discussion - April 29th, 2015: Kevin Owens Lives In Sami Zayn's Shadow

That show was largely boring outside of build to Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens; great opening segment (these 10 minute opening promos pack more of a punch when they're sporadic and saved for special occasions not every fucking week without fail because that's the Vince McMahon/Kevin Dunn formula for WWE programming), awesome call backs to their Takeover Rival build where it was Regal who wouldn't put the title on the line because Owens didn't deserve it, and Zayn pinching Owen's reasoning of 'I fight for a prize, and you aren't the prize, it's the NXT title' was a lovely touch. Match with Riley was w/e, but good to see Owens get some heat before the show was out. PS loved Kev ripping on the commentators for not commentating on the match.

A side note on Regal, you know Takeover's around the corner when this guy keeps popping up on the show from his office with match announcements.

I'm really struggling to think of anything else I enjoyed on the show. Dana Brooke obviously was good

Fucking Adam Rose man, can't this turd lose a 'loser leaves NXT' match like Bo did.

heel Alexa Bliss? She's the sweet glitter fairy chick and she's going to be positioned as the heel against the unlikeable babyface Carmella. I don't see good things happening there.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Re: NXT Discussion - April 29th, 2015: Kevin Owens Lives In Sami Zayn's Shadow

- Ah, what a delightful opening video package. Great tone and expertly produced, and damn this opening confrontation between Owens, Regal, & Zayn is so, so good. Three of the best things about NXT with their own wonderfully unique personalities clashing and playing off each others past. Not to mention the subtle switching of roles while sticking within alignments. Zayn turning Owen's own words against him when he said he'll fight for a prize just sparked something terrific in me.

- I'm amazed that Dubstep Cowboys don't have their own t-shirt considering how they're the tag champs. Just whack a silhouette of a cowboy rockin' out behind a DJ booth and there, they seem less like generic nameless guys and more like actual people now. Plus I'd buy a shirt like that in a heartbeat. I want to enjoy them, but it seems like there's no effort given to do so outside of their matches. Such a shame.

Alexa Bliss heel turn? Well, that depends - Has Carmella changed ever so slightly is is she still the scrappy heel Carmella that makes it hard to enjoy Enoz & Big Cass? I don't recall a moment where she turned face. I'd say Pixie Queen Alexa Bliss's staying a face for now, though a six-tag featuring face Realest Guys & heel Carmella vs the heel Dubstep Cowboys & face Alexa Bliss is something I didn't realize I wanted in my life until now.

Subnote: Where the shit are they? The NXT Performance center? Backstage? It looks too much like someone's expensive summer home for that. New idea: Every NXT Star lives under the same roof in a Reality-Show-Esque sort of way but no-one really wants to send someone out to the Wasteland every week, they just sorta deal with it all. Coming to the WWE Network next month: NXT House!

- Alex Riley's more obsessed with Kevin Owens than Sami Zayn is. What a delusional creeper. No wonder Owens wants nothing more to do with him.

- I love talk-along time with Enzo & Big Cass and always will. Forget y'all.

Huh. Distraction finish, having the PPV match on a throwaway nothing episode to hype said PPV match. Did the Raw writers get their hands on this one?

- Yeah, N-Bex-T as a phrase sucks taint, but you know what? That aside, the Becky Lynch sit-down talk was pretty alright. If RAW took just three minutes out of their three hour show to sit down with someone - no, not Triple H, he already has enough talk time, I'm talking someone low on the totem pole - and have them explain who they are, their motivations, and why we should give two shits about them, then I'm pretty sure it would help anyone get over that much moreso. Yeah, I'm liking Becky Lynch. What can I say? She seems pretty solid.

- Bayley/Brooke was eeeeeeeh.

I wonder how much convincing it took Emma to agree to an angle in which she causes a distraction finish by stealing things, knowing she's going to be the one who has to look at her Twitter the next day.

- Ew Adam Rose.

Subtle best: Hideo turning a crowd from chanting Rose's theme to his name with a single glare.

- New NXT Diva? Woot. Pity she's just been Pentagon Jr'd by Becky Lynch.

- Kevin Owens being a condescending shit on commentary and completely no-selling everything Alex Riley does is so wonderful.

I'm going to need gifs of Owens demolishing Riley with that apron powerbomb please and thank you.

- So, this seemed like a very... Raw inspired NXT. Two distraction finishes, two jobber squashes, and a main event that ended in a no-contest. The literal highlights were the opening segment and most of the closing segment. So much treading water. Makes me sad and disappointed. You don't need to be Raw, NXT. Be yourself. That's why we love you.

Spoiler:

Thread Information