Thread: After Total Divas Ends

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE After Total Divas Ends

Total Reality
    ​Can Total Diva's be made into a Brand show?

Give diva’s a chance trended worldwide on Twitter and ever since then there has been even much criticism than usual of how WWE handles and portrays their women’s division. Now of course when it comes to their promotion of their E! Network reality show “Total Divas” WWE pushes that further than they do the actual diva’s division on Monday Night RAW or Smackdown which is somewhat demeaning to the division, because throughout the entire match that’s going on all the commentators are doing is pushing the show and not at all talking about what’s going on in the ring.

Once “Total Divas” has run its course as being a reality show maybe WWE should consider working out a deal with the E! Network to turn what was “Total Divas” into a new minor brand show such as Main Event and Superstars, but it would only focuses on the WWE divas. With this concept it would allow more time for the divas to showcase their individual talents whether that being in the ring, even on the microphone, and most importantly help further their developing talents on maybe both subjects.

Currently there are no reports or rumors spreading that WWE and the E! Network are on or heading towards bad terms which is why executing this new minor brand show on that network could definitely happen once the reality show has come to a close. Now currently “Total Divas” is about an hour long reality show which has a steady number of viewers, and if both WWE and the E! Network came to terms about moving forward with a brand show on the channel the timing probably wouldn’t change from it being an hour long. If there was a major drop in ratings for the reality show between now and the time to show came to an end this would defiantly have a effect on the timing of the new brand show, because E! Network wouldn’t want to take a huge risk on an hour long product but would potentially agree to a thirty minute show.

With how well connected both WWE and the E! Network is with multiple different important people and celebrities in the world this could be a very interesting and unique factor into forming this new brand show, because major female figures could stop in for segments helping gain momentum for this female driven show.

Speaking of major and important females this leads into the final and most important part while developing this show and that would be assigning a major female as the head of the show in front of the curtains and also behind the scenes. This woman’s role would be the same as how Kathleen Kennedy and Kevin Feige are both the captains of the ships for both the Star Wars and Marvel movies. This woman would need insight into women’s wrestling and also understands the dynamics behind what goes into making a show like this, because if this going to be a overall diva based show shouldn’t it be overlooked by an actual diva herself?

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: After Total Divas Ends

I think it could be beneficial to the ladies to have an hour dedicated to their wrestling. What matters though is what the WWE pours into that hour. If they book their ladies to be unlikable or how they currently are, then it probably wouldn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Vacation

Status

I'd love a solid hour of women's wrestling. I've been dying for that since NXT Season 3 ended

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

My only grip with the idea is that I don't believe many people would really care about a WWE run divas brand. Unless we get NXT diva level quality it will be pretty woeful viewing.

btw the head would most likely be Steph. Can't see her giving that role to anyone else. Not straight away anyway.

Jobber

Status

I think they'd have to change the name definitely, but this has definitely been something that I have wanted forever and really think would be worth them at least trying on the Network.

Thread Information