Thread: Ibiza

THE 559

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Ibiza

So I've been to just about everywhere I've wanted to go in Europe since I turned 18; Santa Ponza, Magaluf, Prague, Budapest, Amsterdam and Berlin. I've been to Hideout, I've been to Tomorrowland and I'm going to Lost & Found next year. The one place I've yet to be (but have always wanted to go) is Ibiza. I'm 21 now and I think this is my last summer of a "lads" holiday for a variety of reasons; a lot of the lads are in relationships now and planning to go away with their significant others next year, a lot of them are leaving college and entering full time employment and a few of them wanna try out the States next year. With that in mind, we booked Ibiza for 10 days on Monday. We're going mid-July and got flights for 200 quid which is reasonable seeing how late we left it.

Anybody been before? Do's/Don'ts? Where to eat? Particular bars/clubs? Basically an Ibiza version of Nash's Amsterdam thread. Thanks in advance.
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: Ibiza

Never been. But potentially going this summer during July i think (13th maybe, unsure).

My friends have been and pretty much say its all great. Mentioned Amnesia which I think is a club there although apparently it is packed as fuck. Where abouts in Ibiza you staying?

Also, lookie lookies EVERYWHERE as well as hookers too. Apparently Ibiza is a more grown up location compared to Zante etc.

BROTHER

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

THE 559

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Never been. But potentially going this summer during July i think (13th maybe, unsure).

My friends have been and pretty much say its all great. Mentioned Amnesia which I think is a club there although apparently it is packed as fuck. Where abouts in Ibiza you staying?

Also, lookie lookies EVERYWHERE as well as hookers too. Apparently Ibiza is a more grown up location compared to Zante etc.

BROTHER
    We're staying in San Antonio for sure, exact accom hasn't been locked down yet; pretty slim pickings from what I can gather unless you're willing to pay through the roof for somewhere like Ibiza Rocks. A few people we know stay in Playa Den Bossa (I think that's what it's called?) which is nearer some of the super clubs and Bora Bora beach but apparently that's the more high-end/expensive part of the island and it's 20 minute taxi to the San Antonio Strip. Yeah I've been hearing reports about the likes of Amnesia/Space that they are incredible, packed and very expensive. Something like close to 20 euros for a Vodka/Redbull. I'm pretty sure I won't be in the financial situation to be getting fucked in places like that every night for a week+. I'm always wary around the lookie lookies and the hooker thing hopefully won't be an issue as that isn't really my port of call.

Yeah I've heard that it's for a slightly older clientele which is partly the reason to why I never went before but I think I'm mature enough now (hopefully) to handle myself in Ibiza. Apparently it's dead easy to lose control of yourself over there

Another thing I've been worrying about is drugs. People we know that went before brought their own through ... various methods ... but I'm not ashamed to admit I wouldn't have the bollocks to do that. Be too paranoid about being caught. I don't wanna pay through the roof for stuff over there plus I'm a bit anxious about what I'd be being sold. My friend sent me an article last night which was basically saying the dealers over there use the tourists as guinea pigs to test out their new drugs.

Don't wanna bottle doing drugs at least a few nights in Ibiza but I'll put my hand up and say I'm very nervous about it.

You know where you're planning to stay?
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

San Antonio is where my friends went and where they want to go this year, apparently it's really fucking good. Can't remember which hotel it was but it wasn't a super expensive one, it was decent, not sure, i'm letting my friends sort me out if I'm going but I'm not too sure yet.

The hookers are disgusting i've heard but i've heard some of the lookies are quite decent guys. And yes, my friends went to Ibiza when they were 18 for the first time and they said they felt too young at the time, although they've been every 2 years since and say it gets better. Oh and yeah... it's easy to get fucked - i've heard loads of stories. And I mean fucked as in wasted, obviously. You should buy a drug testing kit or something and take it with you. It's what I'd do. I always test any drugs I get that i'm suspicious of. I have it on good authority though that there is good stuff there... its just about whether you can not be paranoid and have a good time.

Don't know where i'd be staying but most likely, San Antonio would be the place since my friends have been there everytime. A few of them have booked up and are ready but me and a few others havent yet. We're still looking into it and its a question of money for those people - as well as those already going, theyre people who prefer to just get drunk so i'm not going to pay for myself then none of my close friends go and instead im stuck with people who dont smoke weed or take pills or anything but get drunk which would be dull. I want to go. But I don't want to go to JUST get drunk, that'd be shit. It's also probably the last time any of us go on holiday together.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

I've been matey, went 7 years ago when I was 18 (Jesus Christ that's depressing). It's basically what got me into Dance, which turned into House and more low key stuff away from the lasers! lasers! lasers! stuff that people more often associate with the genre.

I've heard it's changed MASSIVELY from then, but it's probably the best holiday I've ever been on in my life. Got me into drugs (for better or for worse) and prepped me very well for Uni in terms of getting on with people and learning when to shut my mouth.

The clubs were absolutely mind blowing, particularly Privilege and Amnesia. We stayed in an apartment 15 mins walk from the main strip in San An. If you wanna go get drunk, that's the place. Don't buy into the first 'FREE BOTTLE OF PEACH SCHNAPPS AND 2 SHOTS' offers that the reps are selling outside every bar, wait until you've heard 3 or 4 offers and blates pick the best one. There's a myth that you have to go and take drugs because drinks are expensive, but I'm sure you're familiar with the standard practice of getting as tanked as possible before going in to a major club, and that's definitely doable.

We were young and naive at the time, but here's a few tips.

- I've heard the prices have gone from extortionate back in 08 to just down right stupid. It was like 40 quid for a ticket to see a top DJ, and maybe 8-10 quid for a tiny bottle of water once you get inside. I can't imagine that's changed much, and that's why most people stick to the harder stuff.

- Pills used to be 3 for 10 euros, but I'm hearing one good one for a tenner is about right these days and should last you a while. Obviously don't overdo it, but you're a smart lad. Cocaine has tendency to be terrible and way off weight if the dealers see you're a clear tourist they'll stuff cotton wool in a bag with one rock and call it a gram. Most dudes hide their wares in their gums, don't be put off, there's a reason why they do it and that reason is...

- The police are fucking nuts. We saw one dude get carried out of Es Paradis who was clearly spangled out of his mind, and 4 unmarked police guys were waiting outside and basically nightsticked him to a pulp in front of the whole queue waiting to get in. Do not get caught doing anything, not even smoking a joint in the street.

- The populace is 90% tourists, 10% Spanish guys who live there basically for the scene. The locals are pure entitled twats, but that's the same almost anywhere in the world for a tourist. The English people are very much SnapBack vests and banter lads, what you'd expect.

- if you're on the Gary Abblets, you probably won't have much an appetite. We hadn't even gone to Uni at the time so we were very much one meal a day where you can find it, so can't help much on food.

- Taxis take liberties. If you can, try and remember the main routes to and from places so you can call them out if they detour and charge you 30 euros more or something

- Picking up is the easiest thing in the world, we never went more than 5 minutes in the hunt for a dealer. Record is 20seconds, guy was stood at the entrance to our apartment building just shouting 'Charlie' at everyone.

- I really really really recommend hitting the beach when the clubbing is over. It's normally packed at like 4am and it's the place to try and get a girl if you fancy it. If you hear talk of Ket Cove, do not go there. Seriously, don't.

Otherwise, have a top time mate. Oh, and pack your sun cream, it's absolutely boiling and we don't want a blistered Tig now do we
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Truthfully Duke I probably did a boner at times. I took School after I was held back in the 3rd Grade seriously maybe too seriously at times. I wished I would of enjoyed it a bit more. I think my path is still being made to be honest.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall

LARIATOOOOOOOO

Status
      Country                    England

Ah ket cove, that takes me back.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Gotta do Ket Cove at least once.

I went last year, fucking brilliant week. I did 3 nights in big clubs, rest of the time just stayed around the strip for the night. Was a 5 minute walk for us lads.

DC10 was my favourite club, hit that shit up for sure.

And he scores goals...!

THE 559

Status

So basically the coke is dirt? Sounds like you had a hell of a time Nash. How did you find the 15 minute walk? Too far or was it fine? Are the hotels/apartments strict with bringing people back? You said the superclubs end about 4?? Is it the same for the bars on the strip? I know in magaluf you'd still be served til 6am in the morning. Yeah the eating thing I can foresee being a problem, im not a great eater as it is but if I don't eat I seriously deteriorate. Burgers and kebabs kind of thing is it? thanks for the lengthy response.

mixed reports about Ket Cove, is it a night club? Any of you guys go ocean beach club?

also ps dc10 the place out at the airport right? Do they run buses to these sort of places or is it all taxis? Also anyone give a rough recommendation spending money wise for a week? (We're meant to be going for 10 but few the lads having trouble with work)
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    So basically the coke is dirt? Sounds like you had a hell of a time Nash. How did you find the 15 minute walk? Too far or was it fine? Are the hotels/apartments strict with bringing people back? You said the superclubs end about 4?? Is it the same for the bars on the strip? I know in magaluf you'd still be served til 6am in the morning. Yeah the eating thing I can foresee being a problem, im not a great eater as it is but if I don't eat I seriously deteriorate. Burgers and kebabs kind of thing is it? thanks for the lengthy response.

mixed reports about Ket Cove, is it a night club? Any of you guys go ocean beach club?

also ps dc10 the place out at the airport right? Do they run buses to these sort of places or is it all taxis? Also anyone give a rough recommendation spending money wise for a week? (We're meant to be going for 10 but few the lads having trouble with work)
    Bro, the walks fine. Few mates and a couple of litre bottles of beer for like a euro each, not even a problem. I wouldn't recommend a quad or anything like that unless you're happy handing over your passport details - personally I say fuck that for a laugh.

Superclubs end about 8am realistically, the headliners will play about 3-5, and we usually just left after they did their sets. 10 hours in those steaming hot clubs is a long old day in the field. Everywhere's open all night really, there's people milling about everywhere at all hours. Bring whoever you like back, it's obviously a case by case situation but I can't imagine they'd have a problem with it provided you didn't break anything or cause a scene all night or something.

It most certainly isn't a club. It's a cave pretty much on the beach where everyone goes just to fall into a K-hole and mong out on ketamine for like 5 hours. Weirdest place i've ever been to, hands down. Never went to beach club, or pascha for that matter, which is probably my biggest regret. Everyone says it's pretty fking good.

Also, you say this is probably your last chance for a 'lads' holiday - I wouldn't count on it mate. I still do trips and long weekends with my mates and I'm 25 now. If anything it's far better now than when we were younger because we're more battle hardened
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Truthfully Duke I probably did a boner at times. I took School after I was held back in the 3rd Grade seriously maybe too seriously at times. I wished I would of enjoyed it a bit more. I think my path is still being made to be honest.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall

Thread Information