Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BACK IN BUSINESS X PROMO DISCUSSION THREAD

Striving for a B+ in life

Status
      Country                    United States

BACK IN BUSINESS X PROMO DISCUSSION THREAD

If you review promos, any promo whether it's mine or not, I will review your own work. And I swear to God, if the reviews are not well thought-out and constructive, I will lose my shit and show my temper.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Norway

Re: BACK IN BUSINESS X PROMO DISCUSSION THREAD

Goldie, when I get near a working computer, I will most definitely review yours.

Sent from Tapatalk, bitches.

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

Ghost: Your promo from last week and this one were very good. It was not the longest promo but it helped the feud to develop and I am looking forward to the match. That is the main point. Ghost looked like such a great guy in the promo. We had a heroic characters in the past and I have to say that Ghost is my favorite one so far. It felt so naatural and real. Good one.
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

#GrimLove

Status

Shannon O'Neil: Gorgeous. Absolutely Astounding to the amount of storytelling and emotion put in this one. The ending was pretty earth-shattering, Shan finally admitting to having fear made her what makes Gabrielle lack, human qualities. The conversation sounded extremely natural and the description went overboard, but in a good way, as if the scene making helped establish the setting and that is was all in her head. This easily was the best promo of the night! Keep up the great work Goldie, there's nothing I see to change at all, perfect length and perfect storytelling. I patiently anticipate your next piece of work.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfs Rain View Post
    Ghost: Your promo from last week and this one were very good. It was not the longest promo but it helped the feud to develop and I am looking forward to the match. That is the main point. Ghost looked like such a great guy in the promo. We had a heroic characters in the past and I have to say that Ghost is my favorite one so far. It felt so naatural and real. Good one.
    Thank you kindly sir. I enjoyed your Nameless and Lucian promos as well. You captured both of them so well and did such a good job in showcasing them as the despicable people that they are. Your work has always been an enjoyable read and both of those were great, and I can't wait to see what you have in store for Wolf.

TGO: Wow, what an amazing promo for Shannon with such emotion that has me rooting for Shannon to retain (no offense to Taylor Toxic). You have Shannon fearing losing her title just like losing her parent, wow man that's good stuff. It's a good way to tug at the heart strings and get the feels going and to get people to really feel for Shannon, and it shows how much that championship means to her.

Grim: Your Sarah promo was simple and to the point. I like how you portray Sarah as this timid girl, and how she's the only one besides his wife that believes Brian is a decent human being when in reality. he is anything but.

Tim Stone: Short, simple, and sweet. You get straight to the point and sold us well on what Tim's mindset is going into the battle royale.

Stevenson: Amazing work as usual. You never fail to disappoint and this is another one where you knock it out the park. Stevenson showing emotion and how much the match means to him, great stuff man.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

#GrimLove

Status

Boy, I'm really pulling out references to a certain someone that I think only Goldie, Tig, and Jimmy know about.

Horselord. Try me.

Status

Getting ready to finally start my promo... these past weeks have been crazy... but I finished in the 96th percentile globally (58th overall) in my competition and I only have one final left. As long as I score at least a 75, I'll close the semester with all A's again. ::fingers crossed::

Horselord. Try me.

Status

Also: def thought the DL was tomorrow night. Shit.

God of Destruction

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Getting ready to finally start my promo... these past weeks have been crazy... but I finished in the 96th percentile globally (58th overall) in my competition and I only have one final left. As long as I score at least a 75, I'll close the semester with all A's again. ::fingers crossed::
    Neeeeeeeeerd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horselord. Try me.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfs Rain View Post
    Neeeeeeeeerd!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And damn proud of it!

Horselord. Try me.

Status

@TARS-EeL-Ayla: Sorry bud, that was the best I could do with my schedule these past weeks. Hopefully it's enough! Best of luck brother.
    Last edited by Jorah Mormont; 04-29-2015 at 02:09 PM. Reason: I'm dumb

Status

Congrats, bud!

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Depending on what happens tonight I will either do reviews tonight or tomorrow morning. I will be SURE to review anyone who reviews mine tonight.

Status

I want to say I am really impressed with the promos posted so far and extremely proud of the output and participation for our biggest show of the year. This show deserves a certain caliber of work and effort, and you guys delivered that. Phillip A. Jackson's headline made me turn to my girlfriend and say, "Holy shit." And then I read the KAIZEN promo, and it put me on my ass.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

The concept of my promo for Quinn may be slightly hard to grasp - but it basically stems from this:

https://youtu.be/UszT_L4QWII?t=1m41s

As for Rondo, I simply enjoyed writing that promo. It will not mean alot to some of the members here - only the likes of Wolf, JD, ETE, TGO, Matt and a few others will truly understand, I guess. The title of the promo and the particular conversation... it's just a sorry coincidence but I know that for a fact that it would be approved 100 percent by the person himself. Those who understand will know what I am referring to. It's not there as a way to score bonus points, it's not there as a way for anything but to act as an acknowledgement. It was always something I wanted to do when I won the World Title. I was iffy on it because I know that some people may find it disrespectful - but it is an acknowledgment to someone who... if it weren't for them, I wouldn't have stayed in the FWA back when I lost the inspiration many many years ago (think it was after Back in Business V, but not sure.) I wanted to include so much more but couldn't because a) I didn't want it to centre around the person and b) I was in danger of making it longer than it already is. The length is ridiculous for the promo... but the match justified it, Rondo's story justified it and the way I wanted to tell it justified it. I don't care about winning or losing this match, I just wanted to tell the story, I just wanted to make sure that I gave one last nod towards a very special person who the FWA will always hold dear. I will accept any criticism from those who know what I am talking about - I don't care for it because it is what I wanted to do. This is the first time in a long while I have seriously enjoyed just telling the story in a promo.

I will be reviewing promos either tomorrow (pending work stuff) or friday. I don't expect anything in return.

And just in advance, thank you to all who promoed. I echo everything TGO says. Everybody always raises their game for this show. BIB is always an incredibly tough show to call. Good job to everyone.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 04-29-2015 at 11:54 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

@TARS-EeL-Ayla: Sorry bud, that was the best I could do with my schedule these past weeks. Hopefully it's enough! Best of luck brother.
    Bro, I understand your situation and from what I skimmed through, this one could be yours. I'm definitely going to review your rp when I get a chance to and best of luck bud, this is our chance!

Architect of BTB Shield

Status

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to my Tag Team partner Grim as well as Shake and Tig, but I will not be able to finish my promo for Nightmare this week. I do apologize. Real life and various other issues (marital issues) have sidetracked me. I can barely keep my eyes open to post this message. Once again, my sincerest apologies to everyone involved in the match I'm involved in.

God of Destruction

Status

Since it is a title match at BIB I can give you a 12 hour extension if it helps

God of Destruction

Status

I am officially giving Nightmare and ETE a 12 hour extension.

Status

ETE got his promo in on time. He PM'd it to me four hours before deadline. Shame that JD and Nightmare didn't get stuff in.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Thread Information