View Poll Results: Who is the better Pro Wrestler?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shinsuke Nakamura

9 52.94%
  • Biff Busick

8 47.06%

Thread: WC's Best Wrestler Tournament 2015 1st Round - Shinsuke Nakamura Vs Biff Busick

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

WC's Best Wrestler Tournament 2015 1st Round - Shinsuke Nakamura Vs Biff Busick

~~~SHINSUKE NAKAMURA~~~

~~~BIFF BUSICK~~~

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WC's Best Wrestler Tournament 2015 1st Round - Shinsuke Nakamura Vs Biff Busick

You're a piece of shit, Ed.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Re: WC's Best Wrestler Tournament 2015 1st Round - Shinsuke Nakamura Vs Biff Busick

There is NO Way I'm voting against Nakamura in this one In fact I hope he wins the entire thing.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Naka is awesome, but Biff had a monster year. Proved all the haters and doubters wrong. Started rightfully branching out. One of WWN's most consistent workers. He has found a home in PWG. Him being out of CZW due to shitty DJ Hyde decision making has made the promotion obviously worse. That's how much of an impact the guy has. I get such a Danielson in the mid 2000's vibe from this guy.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Nak has one match that's better than anything Biff's done and the rest of the resumé's pretty empty, including being actively bad in multiple matches in the G1 and his match vs Nagata in February. He has his style that he's done to absolute death regardless of opponent or situation on the card, he'll keep doing it, and then he'll sprinkle a performance that makes you think "This guy's hands down the best in the world". Overrated as crap, but understandably so I suppose.

Biff has his flaws. He's a big offender of being a cosplayer and doesn't really have good timing when he tries to do Japanese "epic" spots (Dude when you're 2nd match in in front of like 100 people, it's not the time for a chop battle like you're maining Sumo Hall or something). He also falls into traps way more often than the upper echelon of his style. A great example being in his match vs Ciampa in PWG where they pretty much set the standard of good ol' fashioned indy dick waving in a match I was very let down by. BUT, those are criticisms that in the end despite me usually hating guys like that don't take away from his overall skillset and list of matches which is totally fantastic. That's also taking into account I'd rather fuck a tranny from Thailand out of wedlock than watch CZW or Beyond so there's probably a lot I'm missing that's great. Absolutely loved his match vs ZSJ at EVOLVE 35. Loved his match vs Thatcher at 32, liked him vs Gulak at 33. And consistently brought it in PWG in pretty much every different scenario and stood out. (Multiman, tag singles) Can't wait to see him vs. Mike Bailey. Simply put, Biff's the man, and a great wrestler that's clearly one of the highlights of the indy scene and despite those flaws I said, I also forgot to mention he's probably the most charismatic of these US indy guys and is the best at fusing his things together with the native style. Nak isn't in his league as far as I'm concerned.
    C'est Magnifique~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status

Not going to lie. I had Nak pegged as one of the best in the world when I watched WK9. Everything about him was fucking great. Literally everything.

Probably going to get shit on for this, but I haven't seen anything from Biff nor heard anything about him whatsoever except on here because of that stupid emoji, so I hope we're not voting for him because of that.

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

I gotta disagree with this 'one great match and the rest of his resume is pretty empty' opinion on Nakamura's last 12 months, for me he was pretty strong in 2014. He had a great match against Tanahashi when he won the IC title back, I think he's the only guy in the world that can get good matches out of the terrible Fale, but I will grant you the Gracies stuff was shit, but then again it would be. His G1 was full of good shit as well, Vs Ishii, Vs Shibata, Vs Tanahashi, Vs Kojima, Vs Honma and then the final against Okada, 6 matches right there that were all enjoyable to watch; The only bad match I remember was when he main evented a show with Gallows.........GALLOWS! The rest of his year was filled with fine Chaos tag team matches. For me I thought there was a LOT to enjoy about Shinsuke last year, but then again I'm nowhere near as critical as Zero is when it comes to Nak.

I've never sipped from the kool aid like some people on this forum, I've seen him have a couple good matches and that's about it. Nak maybe inconsistent, but on his good days Biff can't touch his matches.

Here's a few Nak matches from the last year I'd recommend to people:

Vs Okada w/ English commentary

Vs Ishii

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    Not going to lie. I had Nak pegged as one of the best in the world when I watched WK9. Everything about him was fucking great. Literally everything.

Probably going to get shit on for this, but I haven't seen anything from Biff nor heard anything about him whatsoever except on here because of that stupid emoji, so I hope we're not voting for him because of that.
    no one's voting him because of that. and even if they did, voting for biff based off the emoji will never be worse than voting for a wrestler because you haven't seen the other guy
    -------
    Spoiler:

Status

Maybe if he was as great as a lot of you are saying he is, I would have heard of him in passing somehow.

Go to YT and pick out his best match that's on there. I actually do want to see what this guy's all about.

Maple Leaf Muscle

Status
      Country                    Canada

Went with The King of Strong Style on this one, he's been one of my favorites from NJPW for a while now, and he's great in the ring too!

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    Maybe if he was as great as a lot of you are saying he is, I would have heard of him in passing somehow.

Go to YT and pick out his best match that's on there. I actually do want to see what this guy's all about.

sorry jesus of wrestling didn't know we were your apostles and had to confirm every great wrestler with you.

There's not a lot of high profile stuff on youtube from the past year obviously. There are these two solid matches; one with the Mike Bailey, who is a lot of fun and if he continues to improve could very well be in this tournament next year (and from what I've heard, the PWG match with Bailey is better than this). Other is with Thatcher on a Secret Show. It's a fun fight. They've had better with more substance to it but this is still a good treat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQXOCgJooz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlihuzEUfmI

I'd say a lot of his stuff is worth downloading/pirating/buying though. Zero was pretty right. Biff isn't as perfect as I make him out to be. He'll fall into those overdramatic grooves of doing epic encounter spots when he's the second or third match on the card. He has the cliché bad habits you see now or days A lot of people on the US scene are guilty of some of Biff's most noticeable flaws, though. He's not as terribly guilty or outputting compared to others. You get so invested in when this guy hits and strikes because he actually seems fucking pissed off and comes off really intimidating and lethal rather than a goober. He's methodical, not a moves generator, and makes everything look brutal as shit. It feels more genuine and more in the moment than when most other people do it. His overall talent level is off the charts. Copycat guy? Debatable. But he does what he does so well, that comparing him to the great mid 2000's guys that were doing that style like Danielson and Nigel isn't an accusation. It's a tremendous compliment. Because a lot of others are guilty of copycatting, and then turn what made those early indy pioneering matches great into laughable time wasters today. Biff is a cut above in a really annoying time for indy wrestling. A nice tribute, if anything. And he proved it with a great 2014 to back it up.

I actually really enjoyed the PWG match with Ciampa, contrary to Zero, and thought it was one of my favorite PWG matches of the year. His debut at BOLA was good. Got a good first round match out of Roddy during one of Roddy's world famous cool down phases. And it actually had a story in it. And the fatal four way at Black Cole Sun was just mindless fun. I've been more open to Beyond and CZW more than Zero has but both promotions have been a bit of a chore to watch through. So it means a lot that Biff gets people turned off from those promotions back with impressive work. The CZW show at the Fete last April (To Infinity) had arguably Biff and Gulak's best match together and quite frankly, the title change should have taken place there and not at the next show with the shitty crowd and the terrible booking. Then another good title match at Deja Vu. Biff owned Best of the Best last year. These were his opponents: Caleb Konley and Azrieal, Chuck Taylor, and Drake Younger. Had good performances with all four dudes. And all four of those guys are arguably sub-par to average. I was actually quite into seeing Chuck actually get annoyed enough to want to work on the same level as Biff. Biff killed Bailey again at New Heights and really helped create a legit aura about the guy. And Biff deserves a FUCKING LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD for having to drop the title to Sozio just so DJ could make Sozio feel good about himself and Biff actually making me invest in watching a fucking Niles Young match. And he's one of EVOLVE's top guys. In a land of shitty booking and pompous overdoing, he makes me enjoy what I'm investing in. All three matches Zero pointed out are gems, and I'll also add the Trevor Lee match from earlier this year. And I also downloaded SMASH wrestling stuff and his tag with Gulak is a highlight there.

Naka is great. Good big match guy. I actually praise him more than I should usually. I think Zero got mad at me because I said he was the Andrew McCutchen of NJPW But I do fall into long stretches where I just don't find anything from him that appealing. I might have liked the Ibushi match more than any of Busick's catalogue, but I think (and I'm really not trying to troll or play bias or be ridiculous or whatever) even Biff's low points and inconsistencies in the past year were more enjoyable than Naka's low points and inconsistencies.
    Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 04-11-2015 at 12:23 PM.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I didn't get mad at that McCutchen comp, I just thought it was crazy.*

Those Fale matches he no doubt worked super hard in and the Ishii match was a great match and that Tanahashi from the G1 he did much better in. Kojima was good. But were any of these, probably his top matches, better than any of these Biff matches we're talking about? The Ishii one you can make a case, the rest I don't think were resumé builders. I particularly disliked him in that April Tanahashi match. Much of the match was Tana working his leg, presumably to stop the Boma-Ye. Cool, good story. And then suddenly decides "screw this" and then starts shuckin' & jivin' & comes back with like a half dozen knee strikes. I hated him there, and he did pretty much the same thing vs Shelton in G1. Took a match that was on it's way to being pretty awesome and just had to get his stuff in. He was much better in the Tana G1 match since he didn't focus on the leg as much. That Shibata match was technically sound, but not a great one at all imo. Especially considering they're supposedly two of the best guys around and seemed lacking. He's good. I don't want to make it seem like he's bad. But he's also up and down. And when I said empty resumé I didn't mean nothing to like, I was talking ****-level matches/performances. And even to a Nak fan, would there really be that many in the last 12 months? That's all I'm saying. I don't hate the guy, he used to be one of my favorites in fact. But nowadays these matches we're talking about, that's not a "best in the world" run. Like I said, besides the Ibushi match, and maybe the Ishii one (2 of the 3 or 4 best guys in NJPW right now btw) I personally wouldn't rate above a bunch of these Biff matches and in the end Nak just does a lot of stuff as a wrestler I simply don't like or has grown stale. The stale part goes double for his gimmick in general which I know for sure I'm an outlier on.

I'm letting Nicky take the reigns a bit on Biff because he's for sure right about what he said. I would never support CZW, DJ Hyde, or Beyond so he's seen even more great stuff than I have. But outside of that really one specific match and some nitpicks here and there, he's been quality pretty much every time I've watched him and I will definitely vouch for him.
    C'est Magnifique~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Thread Information