Thread: In-depth Interview With: Tim Stone

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    us=United States

In-depth Interview With: Tim Stone

A welcome into any business is a generic welcome, but when you're welcomed into a professional wrestling company...well you just can't get any better than to hear the roar of the crowd. What can top that? To speak to other wrestlers, they'll tell you there's nothing else but you know you are welcomed when you go out and perform in front of that crowd but return through the curtains and hear that "welcome" that sometimes comes from applause or a verbal welcoming from the men and women who you'll be working with. That time hadn't come yet for Tim, other than management who welcomed him with a handshake when he signed his contract, but would soon come as his official debut was soon to come. When would it be? It wasn't known yet but for Tim, he wanted it to be soon but the only date soon enough for FWA was on Saturday, May 2nd in Pasadena, California when the company would present their live Pay-Per-View, Back In Business X, at the Rose Bowl.

The night at hand already built up Two championship matches where the FWA World Heavyweight Championship and the Women's Championship would be on the line. Would Tim be able to see himself on the card, much less, get himself booked on the card? Well, that would have to wait as Tim finally got a message by management welcoming him to "Fight Night". This suited Tim well as he loved to fight and while he waited to be booked, FWA reached out to Tim to get an interview with him.

=========={FWA Interviews: Tim Stone}==========

Since coming to Fantasy Wrestling Alliance, FWA.com reached out to Tim Stone to get a sit-down interview with him while there was still days left until the company was to have their Back To Business X Pay-Per-View on May 2nd. The interview would take place at FWA headquarters inside a conference room as Tim sat casually on a sofa and FWA's interviewer was behind the camera asking questions. Tim though is noted to be wearing the WWE's NXT Heavyweight Championship over his lap. To begin the interview, those watching would see a FWA logo appear followed by an image of Tim while a computer generated image of his name appeared under his image. The interviewer, before the camera began recording, had told Tim to speak on whatever was on his mind and so Tim did that.

"Hey guys, yes it's me, the real me". "I say that because there's been people on Social Media portraying me but it's not me". "I just recently started getting on Twitter and Facebook so back when I was in ROH and other places, those wasn't me so thank you for understanding and to those who tried to say they were me, there's only One me". "Now with that out the way, let's get down to business". "This was supposed to be an interview but hell, it'll probably be more of a shoot than anything". "Yeah, I'll probably piss people off but it's all true". "I'm not going to sugar-coat anything so if you can't handle what I say, at least you respect what I do in the ring".

Tim opens a bottle of water that's sitting next to him on a night table and takes a sip before he talks to the camera.

"I guess I'll start with where I came from". "I'm from Calgary, Alberta, Canada and I've been wrestling since I can remember". "Growing up where I was, I was surrounded by the sport". "It wasn't just a sport though, it was a way of life". "When you felt like taking out your anger, you wrestled". "When you got punished for something you did wrong, you ran the ropes". "I trained my ass off but as a kid, I would sit back and enjoy the best quality of professional wrestling that was out there". "I can say I saw the best talent that never made it to the main stage and I learned by not just getting in the ring, but sitting and listening to stories and just taking it all in".

"I've been asked and asked where did you come from". "My mom you dumbass but I knew what they were getting at". "The Quebec Wrestling School put me through my training but those ass holes couldn't cut it here". "I could care less if they contacted me now but they're nothing but money hungry up there". "Get this, while they were making money, I was with the rest of the guys having to buy bag lunches while they ate at restaurants". "So yeah, when I say they can go to hell, I mean every word". "We were hungry and they didn't care". "We were their workhorses".

"I love it when promoters take credit for my work". "I put asses in seats and we both get paid". "It's not a One way street where I did the work and you get your pay and mine". "I appreciate my time with them, don't get me wrong, but that's just not me". "I'm not putting over anybody except myself so like me or hate me, I'm in this business to get to the top". "If I get hurt or you get hurt along the way, that's the nature of the beast, but I'm getting what I want one way or another".

"Now the lower 48, they embraced me and I have respect for those who respect the business but I see these backyards and they do stuff that is just stupid". "I'm hardcore but damn, these boys do stupid stuff to get noticed and they'll get noticed when you see their name in the obituary". "Enough about them though, let's get to people that actually matter". "If it wasn't for guys like Carl, Jacques, or Serge, then I wouldn't be here". "They trained my ass off and got me into some great places". "I'm probably going to drop some names here but if it wasn't for them then I wouldn't have made it this far". "So first off, Rami/El Generico was a huge part in getting me my first booking". "We had battles back and forth but it was new for us, well for me, so I went along with it". "He was a business man and along the way, yeah he stiffed me a few times, but I let it ride because I didn't want to lose my meal ticket".

CZW - Combat Zone Wrestling

"It was in 2005 where I had the chance to win a tournament but I lost in the finals which pissed me off". "That's where I learned about the politics behind the curtain". "I mean, I was hot but I didn't have the look or wasn't over with the crowd and that's why I wasn't on top". "See, in this business you have to have it all and be able to be marketable and at that time, I guess I wasn't". "So let's get to a company I had fun in".

PWG- Pro Wrestling Guerrilla

"PWG was a place where yeah I bulked up a little and ended up getting my first taste at a title". "I was on top of the company off and on and held not just the top title but a Tag title with Rami". "We were like brothers because we knew what made each other tick". "I ended up losing a farewell match but I knew I would lose, my contract was up but I didn't want to leave on their terms". "I made sure my contract was up and it actually ended funny". "My contract was up July 26, 2014 at 10:32 PM and my match ended up going on at 9:15 up until 10:31 and the ref counted my shoulders at exactly 10:32". "So I made my good-bye speech after my contract was up".

ROH - Ring Of Honor

"Me and Remi did a lot of spots here". "We didn't really have bad blood but we had our fights". "It was management who wanted it to happen because they didn't have anyone that was as close as we were". "They had brothers but they were hot and needed someone on top that was a good team so we did our thing until we started getting pushed to the top". "He wanted to wrestle without a mask but management wouldn't let him so he had a mask up until his last day there". "I said we had our fights so it wasn't until Jim Cornette came in that we were split". "I guess he wanted chaos but he paid us more for it and we did". "So we go on and when it's time for us to finally battle, I end up walking out the company".

Time Off

"Now I was still with the company but I walked out of a live show on Pay-Per-View and left them without someone to fill my spot". "Hell, nobody there could fill my shoes or have the angle I did with Remi". "So I went back home and did some fishing and still watched the product but I didn't get involved". "It would be easy to get online and draw some heat but I didn't do that". "It wasn't until Remi got his walking papers after messing up a spot with some Japanese dude and ended up shortening his career". "So after he left, I went back but they tell me that there's no spot for me". "I was pissed, yeah, so I said I didn't get involved online when I took time off but now"? "I didn't wait, I jumped online and bashed those bitches and praised every other company I was with". "ROH begged me to stop and even tried to bribe me but I didn't bite". "I took my anger to Ohio".

OVW - Ohio Valley Wrestling

"There was some guys that came to OVW from ROH and they told me what happened when I left". "The office didn't know what to do and let wrestlers start calling their own shots". "They said that's why they left and it all started with me but back to OVW". "Now OVW and the WWE were partners so of course going there was like walking into nothing but gimmick matches every week". "I could remember Ladder matches, Stretcher matches, you name it and they had it". "I had my last match there in July and since they were with WWE, they had a no compete clause in their contract so I couldn't go work anywhere for 90 days". "Now I'm not downing them but they couldn't be there own"? "I will say though that being with the WWE, they did give a few of their guys a feel of how it is to be on their stage". "We'd have a few spots where we'd work as stand-ins on WWE's shows". "When the time was up though, my contract was up and I was asked to come back but I didn't give them an answer". "They're probably still waiting on an answer but you see where I'm at".

He pats his hand on the title belt on his lap and laughs.

"I guess they want this back"? "I guess I should tell you about this to then". "See, I knew I was meant to be champion and I didn't stop until I got what I wanted". "I made it clear that I wanted a title shot and I went after the champion and he gave me a shot and now you see who the title belongs to". "Maybe I could pull a Lesnar and defend the title whenever I feel but yes I'm still under contract with them but it's a limited date contract thanks to Lesnar but thanks to guys like Kevin Nash, we can work part time and still get full time pay".

[FWA] "Now that you're here, you touched on earlier Fight Night". "If I may inform you, that's similar to WWE's Monday Night Raw". "There's Two brands and Fight Night is our Raw while Crossfire is our Smackdown".

Tim laughs before talking again.

"Well, either Crossfire or Fight Night doesn't matter to me". "I love to fight so either place will have hell on their hands but Fight Night is lucky because I love to fight so what better place to be".

[FWA] "It's getting late and you've got a busy week ahead of you but I thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing what you bring to FWA".

"Thank you".

They lean forward and shake hands as the camera shuts off.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: In-depth Interview With: Tim Stone

Nicely done. Great way to give us all a look at the backstory/history of the character.

Fight The Power

Status

Great read. Fantastic insight into Tim Stone and who he was prior to FWA. My only constructive criticism would be to tone down the use of parentheses. They don't need to open and close every sentence if the sentence is part of a running dialog.

Black Lives Matter.
    Trans Rights are Human Rights.
    FUCK THE POLICE.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Great read. Fantastic insight into Tim Stone and who he was prior to FWA. My only constructive criticism would be to tone down the use of parentheses. They don't need to open and close every sentence if the sentence is part of a running dialog.
    You mean quotation marks. Not parenthesis.

But, yes, when it's one long paragraph with five sentences said by the same person, you don't need to open and close each sentence with a quotation mark. You only need to do it when changing speaker or going from talking to describing a setting or action.

"There's Two brands and Fight Night is our Raw while Crossfire is our Smackdown".

Tim laughs before talking again.
    Correct

"I love to fight so either place will have hell on their hands but Fight Night is lucky because I love to fight so what better place to be".

[FWA] "It's getting late and you've got a busy week ahead of you but I thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing what you bring to FWA".
    Correct.

"There was some guys that came to OVW from ROH and they told me what happened when I left". "The office didn't know what to do and let wrestlers start calling their own shots". "They said that's why they left and it all started with me but back to OVW". "Now OVW and the WWE were partners so of course going there was like walking into nothing but gimmick matches every week". "I could remember Ladder matches, Stretcher matches, you name it and they had it". "I had my last match there in July and since they were with WWE, they had a no compete clause in their contract so I couldn't go work anywhere for 90 days". "Now I'm not downing them but they couldn't be there own"? "I will say though that being with the WWE, they did give a few of their guys a feel of how it is to be on their stage". "We'd have a few spots where we'd work as stand-ins on WWE's shows". "When the time was up though, my contract was up and I was asked to come back but I didn't give them an answer". "They're probably still waiting on an answer but you see where I'm at".
    Incorrect.

Also, and this is for everyone, quotation marks to end a statement go outside of the punctuation mark, even if it's a question mark or exclamation mark. It always always always goes outside of the punctuation.

"I went to bed". -- incorrect
    "I went to bed, damnit!" -- correct
    "Why did I go to bed?" -- correct

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Fight The Power

Status

I don't know why I said parentheses. I had sleep in my eyes still and was coming off of a nice dream.

Black Lives Matter.
    Trans Rights are Human Rights.
    FUCK THE POLICE.

Thread Information