Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Order's WWE PPV Catalogue

Olympic Hero Smod

Status
      Country                    England

Extreme Rules Extreme Rules 2014 Review

Extreme Rules 2014 Review

Extreme Rules, the show after WrestleMania usually delivers with a few wild stipulations added to matches and feuds reaching their culmination. After last year amazing WrestleMania with Daniel Bryan having his moment in the sun, the show promised to be incredibly interesting to say the least.
    Here go my thoughts on what happened.

KICKOFF

El Torito vs. Hornswoggle
    WeeLC MATCH
    This was insane and I absolutely loved the WrestleCrap that it was. We had a mini ring announcer, mini commentators and mini weapons. It was just incredible 3MB and Los Matadores took some sick bumps throughout and this has to be the best kickoff match ever. Drew did a flipping senton over the top straight through a table. Jinder went through ladders and tables and Slater went through four stacked tables. The end of the match came when El Torito hit a seated senton on Hornswoggle through a mini table. Epic match!

MAIN SHOW

Rob Van Dam vs. Jack Swagger vs. Cesaro
    TRIPLE THREAT ELIMINATION MATCH

Well nothing says Extreme like a triple threat elimination match now does it? The weird thing about this match is everyone wanted to see Swagger vs. Cesaro one-on-one as the night after WrestleMania, Cesaro turned his back on Zeb Coulter and joined forces with Paul Heyman. RVD was a random addition to the match but in the end it worked out well as the crowd were really into him. Swagger was eliminated after a while thanks to a Five Star Frog Splash and then Cesaro and RVD put on a nice little match with each other in the remaining time. Cesaro would eventually pick up the win with the Neutraliser on a trash can after RVD missed another Frog Splash. Enjoyable opener and Cesaro was seemingly getting the push of his life. We all know where than ended up going.

Alexander Rusev vs. R-Truth & Xavier Woods
    HANDICAP MATCH
    SQUASH

Yes Rusev still had his first name at this point and this was his second ever match on pay per view. He had earlier competed in the Royal Rumble Match a few months earlier. Before the match officially started Rusev took out Woods essentially making it a Singles Match. R-Truth would get some offense in but Rusev soon defeated him with The Accolade. Also, Lana was extremely over with the crowd. After the match Rusev did some more damage to Woods on the outside just to, you know, prove he was the Bulgarian Brute.

Bad News Barrett vs. Big E ©
    SINGLES MATCH
    INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
    **3/4

And yet another match on the card without an extreme stipulation unless having a title on the line has suddenly become extreme? I must have missed something… Bad News Barrett had won an Intercontinental Title Tournament to earn a shot at Big E. He beat Ziggler, Sheamus and RVD to get the show and he was crazy over with the crowd. There was a nice spot where Big E speared Barrett from the ring apron to the floor which looked awesome but other than that this match was nothing special. Barrett would go on to escape a Big Ending and deliver a running Bullhammer for the win to become the new Intercontinental Champion for the fourth time.

Evolution vs. The Shield
    6-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
    ****1/2

This was all sorts of awesome. The match started with a huge brawl where the young upstarts The Shield would hold the ring and get a massive pop from the New Jersey crowd. The match ebbed and flowed nicely with both teams dominating at different points. Evolution were using their old underhanded tactics to control and isolate Rollins and Ambrose but both of them would create separation and rally at different times. Rollins was probably the MVP of the match with some unique moves but Evolution re-uniting was a special moment as well. Roman Reigns would get the hot tag and all hell broke loose. There was action everywhere. The Shield hit the triple powerbomb on Batista but The Game and The Viper would save the match. HHH would then hit a Pedigree but Reigns would kick out and Orton hit the RKO on Reigns but Rollins saved the match. Ambrose would run over both announce tables and take out Orton and Triple H in a memorable spot before everyone but Reigns and Batista men would end up fighting in the crowd. This would lead to Rollins jumping out of the stands and taking out Triple H, Orton and Ambrose. Awesome spot. Back in the ring Roman Reigns would pick up the win for The Shield with a hellacious Spear to hand the Hounds of Justice their biggest victory so far. AWESOME MATCH.

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
    STEEL CAGE MATCH
    **3/4

So the idea of a Cage is to keep people out right? In this instance specifically to keep Erick Rowan and Luke Harper of The Wyatt Family out and to give Cena a one-on-one opportunity against Bray Wyatt. Of course Harper and Rowan were at ringside and caused as much distraction at every opportunity essentially making the stipulation completely pointless. It was very hard to actually focus on the match because of what was going on with Rowan and Harper but Wyatt looked pretty great dominating Cena at every turn. He needed to win this match cleanly if at all possible after losing at Mania and it looked a distinct possibility at various times. This match really dragged and just pissed me off the longer it went on to be honest. And then there was the finish. Superman Cena had taken out all three members of The Wyatt Family before he tried to leave through the door when all the lights went off and a creepy ass child was singing at John Cena! Of course this would petrify Cena, the man who has faced anyone and everyone and done despicable things time and time again. Wyatt would then hit Sister Abigail before leaving the Cage for the win. Absolute utter garbage and one of the worst matches of the year on pay per view.

Tamina Snuka vs. Paige ©
    SINGLES MATCH
    DIVA’S CHAMPIONSHIP
    Man Tamina really sucks. I am a big fan of Paige and think she is one of the most talented women the roster has had in a while so was glad to see here debut the night after WrestleMania XXX and win the DIVA’s Title. This was her first title defence and it was logical that it was Tamina but boy was this an unexciting match. Nothing really got me caring that much so when Paige won the match with the PTO I was happy it was over.

Daniel Bryan © vs. Kane
    EXTREME RULES MATCH
    WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
    ***3/4
    Considering this was Kane in 2014 and Daniel Bryan we no know could only feel one arm this was incredibly fun. The Extreme Rules stipulation helped it loads no doubt and there were some nice spots with kendo sticks and chairs in the early going. They then went backstage and Kane threw a monitor into some water. Why wouldn’t he?! It was as if we were back in the attitude era with Kane punching in car windows and Daniel Bryan using a snow shovel and a crowbar to try and incapacitate the Big Red Machine. Bryan would then use a forklift to cart Kane back to the ring. Ingenious! It took forever but was still pretty cool. Bryan then jumped off the forklift and delivers a flying headbutt. The WWE World Heavyweight Champion decided to go crazy with a chair on Kane before applying the Yes Lock with a Kendo Stick. That wasn’t enough and Kane would chokeslam Bryan through the announce table afterwards. The match would come to a conclusion with a flaming table spot in 2014 in PG WWE! Who would have thought it?! Bryan would win with his running knee to give him a memorable win in what would unfortunately be his only title defence before he had to leave to get neck surgery.

Overall, Extreme Rules 2014 was a mixed bag. Of the three main event matches which were really pushed for the pay per view, Daniel Bryan vs. Kane and Evolution vs. The Shield really delivered. Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena was a major disappointment. The opener was a good way to start the show but other than that the undercard was quite weak although Bad News Barrett winning the Intercontinental Title was a memorable moment. The WeeLC Match was so good though haha.
    Last edited by Order; 01-01-2016 at 12:18 PM.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Order's WWE PPV Catalogue

The WeeLC match was a lot of fun. All of them maximized their minutes. The Shield vs Evolution was MOTN. I liked Paige vs Tamina, but I think Paige should have been killing bitches left and right instead of selling for them. I was real excited for Bryan vs Kane. It had some slow, empty spots, especially when Bryan had to drive Kane back in on the forklift, but I think they did well with the gimmicks.

This was a good PPV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

WeeLC is legendary. Drew Mac's dive is still an epic spot.

You say Cena vs. Bray was absolute garbage but you gave it nearly three stars?

EDIT:

I miss you in wwe drewbby
    Last edited by Darling Nicky; 04-04-2015 at 06:30 PM.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Shit Into The Fire

Status

If the worst match of the year was 2 3/4 stars, then 2014 was a GOAT year for wrestling

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Even when being visceral, Order is a nice guy.

Can't wait to see what you review next, partner.
    -------
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Talent View Post
    Even when being visceral, Order is a nice guy.

Can't wait to see what you review next, partner.
    Haha well the Rowan and Harper stuff and the finish was absolute garbage, Wyatt dominating was decent.

Curtain Jerker

Status

I thought the Evolution vs. the Shield was in the running for MOTY for sure. But loved your analysis, Cena and Wyatt was god awful and definitely makes me not want to see another Steel cage match at Extreme Rules this year.

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

Summerslam SummerSlam 2009

SummerSlam 2009 Review

This was the first SummerSlam to come from the Staples Center in Los Angeles as JR told us as the show came on the air. The opening video package was awful and centred around the reuniting of DX tonight to take on Legacy who they spoofed were in love with each other. This annoyed me as it completely took away from all the other matches on the card. Anyway on to the show.

Rey Mysterio © vs. Dolph Ziggler
    ***1/2

This was a really fun opener with Ziggler getting another shot at the IC Title after coming so close to winning his first ever singles gold at Night of Champions a month previous. From the start this was fast-paced with Mysterio hitting a hurricanrana from the ring apron to Ziggler on the outside who took out a camera man in the process. Mysterio hit the 619 but Dolph moved out of the way of the splash and it took a Frankensteiner from the top rope to put down Ziggler for the three count. Crowd were really into this by the end as the story of the match was very well done. Very enjoyable opener here.

Jack Swagger vs. MVP
    **1/2

So before these two had a match there was an interview backstage with them where they both insulted each other. Basically the story was that it was a culture clash between the pure athlete Swagger and the criminal who had served jail time, MVP. The match was okay but didn’t get given a lot of time and both men looked a bit out of sync in the ring together. It might have just been their styles not meshing but I didn’t care too much for it. I think at this time the lower card feuds were really overlooked and this one suffered because of that.

JeriShow © vs. Cryme Tyme
    UNIFIED WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
    ***1/2

Man first thing to say is I loved JeriShow and their entrance music. A rare good mash up in my opinion. Wow, this was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Cryme Tyme really held their own and it felt like the tag team division meant something here. JTG was good in the ring but never really given a chance. The finish was really entertaining with Jericho locking in the Walls of Jericho on JTG. The Cryme Tyme member somehow made it to the ring only to be knocked out with the WMD by the Big Show as the referee got Jericho to break the hold. Jericho then picked the bones to get the win. If you like your tag team wrestling this is one to check out. JeriShow were involved in a lot of good matches during their reign.

Kane vs. The Great Khali

Thank goodness for Kane. Now there’s a sentence I never thought I would say. I really don’t know what anyone saw in Khali apart from his sheer size. He was so awful in the ring that Kane had to carry this throughout to make it watchable which to his credit it was. Kane finished it off with a nice DDT as obviously he couldn’t pick up Khali for the Chokeslam. I don’t miss watching Khali in any way, shape or form.

D-Generation X vs. Legacy
    ***3/4

Legacy had cost Triple H a number of times when it came to the WWE Championship in recent months leading to The Game calling his friend Shawn Michaels to quit his new job as a chef and come back to the squared circle. This was the first match the reunited DX had and boy did they go huge on the entrance. Tanks, a stage that split in half and a pre-match promo. Well there is now way Legacy are winning is there? Legacy actually made a good fist of it in the early going with Cody Rhodes in particular impressive. The match was long but it didn’t really feel like it dragged at any point. This was the best match Legacy had ever had up to this point and I can’t remember them having a better one. Rhodes was the MVP of the match for me. In the end HBK hit the Sweet Chin Music to pick up the win over DX. Told you there was no way Legacy were winning here.

Christian © vs. William Regal
    ECW CHAMPIONSHIP
    NO RATING

Christian retained with the Killswitch in like 10 seconds after Regal turned around to take his robe off. Ezekiel and Kozlov then attacked Christian afterwards before Regal applied the Regal Stretch. Christian retained but Regal and his Ruthless Roundtable were left standing tall.

John Cena vs. Randy Orton ©
    WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

This match really took me forever to get into. It was really slow and dragged for a long time before Orton snapped and pushed referee Scott Armstrong getting disqualified. Lilian then cocked up massively and announced Orton as the winner before stating Mr McMahon was restarting the match and if Randy got disqualified he would lose the title. So now Orton decides to get counted out and surprise, Mr McMahon decides he will lose the title if he gets counted out again. And finally Orton wins by pinning Cena with his feet on the top ropes. The music plays and this has to be the end of the match now surely? No, another referee comes out and explains what just happened. The match restarts again and Cena immediately gets Orton in the STF. Now just as Orton was going to tap a ‘fan’ jumps in the ring and breaks it up leaving both superstars a bit perplexed as to what should happen now but the ref orders the match to continue. Finally Orton hits an RKO in the middle of the ring to retain after a bizarre series of events. What a strange match and not one I will be in any hurry to watch again. Did nothing for me.

CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy
    TLC MATCH
    WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
    ****1/4

This was all sorts of awesome. Hardy had won the title from Punk at Night of Champions after he was cashed-in on at Extreme Rules when originally becoming the Champion. There were so many amazing spots in this match that I couldn’t possibly describe them but how these two were even able to walk away from this match is remarkable. Punk hit a superplex on Hardy from the top rope and it sounded as if they both broke their backs and that was tame compared to some of the other stuff. Hardy got the most gigantic ladder you have ever seen with Punk on the announce table and he hit the biggest Swanton Bomb in history. The crowd went berserk for it and rightly so. Man I miss Hardy for his sheer craziness. Somehow Hardy continued after this point but CM Punk managed to capture the World Heavyweight Championship after Hardy took another big fall. Epic way to finish SummerSlam with Punk standing tall.

However, CM Punk couldn’t celebrate for too long as the gong sounded and none other than the Undertaker returned as the lights went out. He appeared in the ring and chokeslammed CM Punk straight to hell. Memorable way to finish SummerSlam and move on to the next feud for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Overall a decent show with the main event, the opener and the Tag Team Titles match the highlights for me. The DX match wasn’t bad but I just didn’t feel it that much. Orton and Cena was shocking and whoever chose to book it the way it went down should have been fired. I could have watched Punk and Hardy go at it all day though and the Undertaker returning capped the night off nicely.
    Last edited by Order; 01-01-2016 at 12:19 PM.

On Vacation

Status

This SummerSlam..................... DRAGGED

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

Summerslam SummerSlam 2001 Review

SummerSlam 2001 Review

So SummerSlam 2001 is my next pay per view review and we are right mid Invasion angle. I have to say I don’t remember this show. It was headlined by Stone Cold vs. Kurt Angle and The Rock vs. Booker T, both good matches on paper so I am intrigued to see how they go. JR and Heyman on commentary is always fun as well. Let’s get on with the review!

Lance Storm © vs. Edge

This was a good pay per view opener with Lance Storm controlling most of the match until Edge got himself back into the match. Storm got Edge in the half crab only for Edge to reach the ropes and put Storm’s hold on him instead. Christian would then get involved accidentally Spearing Edge but he still kicked out after Storm tried to pick the bones. Edge would get back on top in the match and hit the Impaler DDT for the victory to win the WWF Intercontinental Championship and bring it back to the WWF from the Alliance. This was a decent little match with some good wrestling.

APA & Spike Dudley vs. The Dudley Boyz & Test

This was as fun as the opening match but in a very different way. The basic premise of the match was that Test had turned his back on the WWF and cost the APA the Tag Team Titles. Spike was bumping like crazy in this match and at the end Test threw him through a table on the outside before Shane McMahon got involved nailing Bradshaw in the skull with a steel chair to give the Alliance their first win of the evening. This was chaotic and extremely fun.

Tajiri © vs. X-Pac ©
    WWF LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP & WCW CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
    ***1/4

I really enjoyed this match between the two of them. X-Pac dominated early on and then Tajiri came back with his unique moveset and the crowd were really into him. The finish saw Albert who was X-Pac’s friend come down to the ring and get involved. Tajiri would mist Albert but this allowed X-Pac to connect with a low blow behind the referee’s back and hit the X Factor for the win. Was a sign of how good the division could be if the WWE allowed it to be. Unfortunately we all know what happened with that.

Rhyno w/ Stephanie McMahon vs. Chris Jericho
    **3/4

I don’t know what it was about this match but I just didn’t connect with what was going on. Jericho eventually won with the Lion Tamer version of the Walls of Jericho. Rhyno was far more impressive than Y2J in this match as Jericho botched a couple of times. Stephanie getting involved was fine but it just felt very formulaic to be honest. Maybe I am being a bit too harsh but compared to the previous three matches this one just didn’t do it for me.

Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy ©
    LADDER MATCH
    HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP
    ***1/2

This was freaking insane in so many ways. How either of these guys walked away from this match in one piece is beyond me. They were given plenty of time which was good as we had a traditional match in the first five minutes or so before the ladders and the maniac moves got underway. This would have been at least a quarter higher if it wasn’t for a bad botch at the end where RVD didn’t get high enough with a spinning kick with Hardy dangling from the belt holder. Tremendous match which the crowd loved which saw RVD eventually unhook the belt and become the new Hardcore Champion. These guys really put everything on the line and it was awesome to see.

Kanyon & DDP © vs. The Brothers of Destruction ©
    STEEL CAGE MATCH
    WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP & WCW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

**1/4

This wasn’t great as most tag team matches inside of Steel Cages struggle to be anything good. The story behind the match was DDP stalking Undertaker’s wife and Regal making this tag team match. The whole story was Taker getting his retribution and it was fine but it just wasn’t that entertaining despite the huge crowd reactions for Kane and Undertaker. In the end they walked away with all the tag team gold after a huge Last Ride on DDP. Kanyon had earlier been allowed to escape the Cage to essentially make it a Handicap Match.

Kurt Angle vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin ©
    WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

This was an awesome match and the only thing that let it down was an awful finish although it did make sense in the Invasion story. Austin was dominated by Angle in the early going before Stone Cold then got on top and busted Angle open by using the ringpost repeatedly. Austin was heinous as ever but Angle eventually got back in it and locked in the Ankle Lock on Austin who sold really well. However, the end of the match really sucked with Austin taking out three WWF referees until WCW referee Nick Patrick came down and disqualified Austin making sure he would remain the WWF Champion. A really good match between these two but it could have been so much better with a proper finish. Angle was always one of my favourites and this match was a prime example of why. He is so good in the ring and makes it look effortless.

Booker T © vs. The Rock
    WCW CHAMPIONSHIP

Similar to the last match this was really good except for this time the finish was great as well. It was a back and forth match with Booker T holding his own and Shane McMahon getting involved at every opportunity possible. Shane got taken out by a huge clothesline from hell by Bradshaw towards the end of the match – a bit of revenge for what happened earlier in the night – and Rock looked like he was going to win it with a People’s Elbow. Shane O’Mac broke up the pin attempt and then received a Rock Bottom on the outside for his troubles. The finish came with a Booker Scissors Kick connecting followed by a Spinaroonie which proved the major mistake as The Rock met him with a Rock Bottom when he was finished to win the WCW Championship.

Overall, SummerSlam 2001 was a fun show from start to finish. There wasn’t a dud match on the entire card and both main title matches delivered. The worst match was probably the tag team Cage match but some of the undercard such as the Tajiri vs. X-Pac and RVD vs. Jeff Hardy were very enjoyable. Overall, if you’re a fan of the Attitude Era and the time when The Alliance guys were getting a chance this is definitely a pay per view I would recommend.

Last edited by Order; 01-01-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

Okay so I have decided to post the reviews as single thread in the General section.

I am looking back at each pay per view last year before this year's event comes up. Payback was fun to watch as was last year's Elimination Chamber which can be viewed [url=http://wrestlingclique.com/showthrea...103613446]HERE![/url]

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

Money in the Bank 2014 Review here: http://wrestlingclique.com/showthrea...post2103618459

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Gave my two cents.

Keep up the good work comrade.
    -------
    -------

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

Battleground 2014 Review is up featuring an awesome 2 out of 3 falls match between The Usos and The Wyatt Family - http://wrestlingclique.com/showthrea...post2103623609

On Vacation

Status

I know you're not a fan but I would love you to do some pre millennium shows.
    Last edited by Order; 06-22-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    I know you're not a fan but I would love you to do some pre millennium shows.
    I don't mind doing something from like 1995 onwards maybe. If anyone wants to recommend something that is good and not a ballache to sit through I will give that s go next as there is a while before I will be doing the next 2014 review.

On Vacation

Status

Do In Your House: Canadian Stampede from 1997, only a two hour show and every match is at least very good.

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

Latest review added! In Your House: Canadian Stampede 1997 HERE!

Feel free to request pay per views you want to be reviewed and I will do my best to get them up.

~Order

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

Thread Information