Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WC Ownership Change Announcement

Shit Into The Fire

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    England

WC Ownership Change Announcement

By now hopefully everyone has read DD's post yesterday where he announced that after 10 years he has decided to sell Wrestling Clique, his days as admin were over, and that a new owner would be announced today. Legit end of era stuff for the forum. However, that wasn't the whole truth of the story. Danny Diamond couldn't resist the temptation to pull one last cheeky joke and throw people off the scent of what was actually happening and who he had sold the site too. Contrary to what Dan told you yesterday, we're not announcing a new owner today.......

We're announcing two new owners today.

As of April 1st 2015, Ed and Nash co-own WrestlingClique.com

The decision of Dan selling the site was one I had been expecting for a long time now; having been on the upper staff team since mid-2012 I'm well aware of the issues Dan has had with being owner of this site (blocked at work, losing ad revenue, disinterest in wrestling, family priorities), and this wasn't even the first time I was offered the site. However when Dan came to me about a month ago, I knew he was serious about packing it in and finally finding a new owner for his baby. At first the option of buying the site didn't appeal to me, but it wasn't until Dan told me about who he was in negotiations with that prompted me to pursue the purchase. The thought of WC drifting into an unknown future with some stranger didn't sit right with me, and honestly I don't think it felt right to Dan either. There was back and forth dialogue between Dan and I over one weekend where we pretty much agreed that there was a mutual interest in doing the deal. Once Nash came up with the idea of going in 50/50, I was sold, and off to the races we went. The deal to buy WC was struck 7 days ago, so it's a weight off our shoulders to finally reveal this.

At this initial stage my message to the site is that WC is in safe hands for the foreseeable future, we don't have any grand plans to re-brand or shift focus away from wrestling. Nash and I have been here for 5 years and we love WC for what it is, that's our big reason for doing this, we want to secure what we have, not lose it and have WC merge into some shitty MMA forum. We were there when Dan needed help with the server costs in 2012 (as were many others <3) and we felt compelled to help out again in 2015 in a bigger way. There will be no big staff reshuffle, Jim is kindly staying on as our US Admin and he'll continue to be an important part of WC just like he's been for the last 5 years as admin. Anyone who believes we have a problem with them should not be worried; we're not going to ban people just because Dan's out of the way now. That's not how I've admined the site the last 18 months, and that's not going to change now.

I'll now pass you over to a super excited Nash to make his first official forum announcement for more details.

Thanks,
    Ed

User Profiles Suck

Status

Re: WC Ownership Change Announcement

Yes, the non-existent rumours are all completely true. Ed and I have finally decided to make the big jump to internet marriage, and are now partners through good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, till death do us part.

Just a bit of detail on the process; I woke up with Ed telling me in confidence that the site was being sold, so I looked into the details behind the site and found out just how much it was going to cost for me to help. I immediately offered to become a 50/50 partner with Ed (if he wanted), and it basically took off from there. The money has now been sorted and the relevant information has been sent on, so it’s official. To be honest, I’m utterly stoked about the whole thing.

However, my time to gloat and powertrip (like only a true black name could) will come. Let’s not forget the reason why this was such an easy decision for me to make, and why we’re all in here reading this thread in the first place, and that’s DD. I know we all joke all the time re: ‘it’s wrestling calm down’ and ‘OMG butthurt it’s just some dude on the internet’, but it takes pure gumption and a hell of a lot of hard work to create anything from scratch. Let alone forging a community together over something as unpredictable as Pro Wrestling, across a burgeoning ‘still figuring itself out’ medium such as the internet back in 2005. It’s a massive achievement, and after looking at some of the stats, I myself am shocked at the level of traffic and I’m (almost) considered an old timer. I’m sure there were countless moments were DD thought about jacking it in, but it’s a testament both to us as a body of fans and Dan as a person that WC is arguably stronger today than it has ever been before. To me, WC is forever DD’s child, Ed and I are now putting it through college.

Every single source I have read regarding how to own and run a community focussed website spends half its actual text content describing how to create and keep an active usergroup. We have that in spades, it’s our strongest asset. We create our own content and we know the audience will actually read and be responsive to the content. Best part for me? Pull no punches, if someone’s being a dick, you can tell them and argue your case and let the rest of the board decide who is right or wrong.

This was one of the reasons I actually wanted to have a hand in ownership, having been part of the user base for so long, I know that the site runs like clockwork compared to most of the comparatively sized forums and outlets I use, and that us as fans are well mannered and knowledgeable. It’s not like taking over some mismatch of half-literate imbeciles who can’t even press post correctly (/avoids eye contact with Mikk). A lot of this credit has to fall at Jim’s feet, as well as the existing Staff and HOFers, who have helped cultivate everything DD has created and kept it thriving when his time was rightfully taken up by his real life family. As many of you know, I’ve always been resistive towards becoming a staff member simply because I was proud of my platinum VIP status (always bought) and being a man of the SB (suck it Duke), and to be honest, I didn’t want to screw up the good thing we have going here.

And I still don’t. Nothing is going to change overnight as a result of this. Of course, Ed and I are excited to try some things out in the future, but none of the upper staff have told me to go suck myself off yet, so the current system will remain as is providing no hiccups. That is, until Jim inevitably takes off into the night on his beatdown horse and cart or Fracto goes all Fatal Attraction on DD or something.

Of course, people may disagree, think the whole place needs a total revamp and that the staff system is fundamentally broken. If you do, tell me (I mean, you can PM Ed too, but why would you do that to yourself) I’m not a prick and will listen to even the dumbest idea. Of course, if I then take the piss out of you afterwards for it, that’s on you

I’m gunna open this thread as up as a bit of an AMA type of thread. We’ll be as open as we can be (obviously no private information or payment details or any of that stuff will be shared), but if you want to know how much Ed or I is into E-Fed, what our favourite pizza topping is (double pepperoni stuffed crust master race), what our WC history is, our motivations, our big regrets, our most hated WC features, any of that stuff is fine. If you just want to rant about that halfwit Newcastle fan who can’t even run Fantrax properly let alone a website – that’s fine too.

Either way, I am completely over the moon that the site is remaining ’in house’, fuck MMA. To all those here that have been good friends, thanks very much for providing a reason to stick around, and eventually grant me this opportunity. To all those I may have offended in my 4/5 years here, consider this me saying sorry and let’s move on with our lives ffs.

Spoiler:

Except you HoHo, you can go fuck yourself.
    [02:12 AM] Dakstang : Nash you act tough because you attempt to talk shit and insult people but if you were forced to pay for your shit talking in person you would cower like that bitch ass pussy that you are.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1\ Fantrax Division 2

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

The Osiris

Status

Congrats, gents. To many, many successes here.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Good luck to the pair of you. Still a wee bit shocking since you informed us but I've no doubt you'll be awesome co-owners.

THE 559

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Deadly news if true. Congrats lads.
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

Smiling Politely

Status
      Country                    United States

Congrats to you both and good luck to you two.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Film Diary
    2017 Movie Log
    2016 MLB Playoff Prediction Pool Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

PLUS ULTRA!!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Congrats Nash first of all, always great to see a person in house get this opportunity rather than someone who doesn't love this place come in and take over. I know Ed and yourself will do fine as the men in charge alongside Jim, I have no worries in my mind.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

[Blank Space]

Status

So what you're saying is that Jim now answers to Ed? Can't wait for Jim to twist this one

Fantastic news, glad to see the site is in good hands. Now let's put Union Jacks everywhere

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

GMT

And he scores goals...!

you're my home

Status

Congrats guys I'm a big Nash fan. Ed's kinda ok too.

When the black man talkin

Status

wait, what?

Captain Hammered

Status

Given that it's April 1, I'll cautiously say congrats!! This is wonderful news, and a huge relief!!

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Fire Baldwin. Make me BTB mod that is all.

Oh Ed, how you have risen from BTB mod to site owner, when you reached admin, I thought there was no where else to go, yet you surprise me again. You make me so proud Eddard. So proud.

Oh. Congrats Nash.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Cool.

Status

assuming that this is not an April Fools Day joke, I am pleased with this news as my biggest concern was that the site would be sold to an outsider coming out of nowhere swinging his dick around. Congrats fellas.

OMB BAYBAY!

Status

This is awesome and surreal.

Congratulations and best of luck to both Ed and Nash. Hard to believe that five years after HBK2NWO signed up with a BTB that he now co-owns the site.

Status

That's rather a relief.

Unreconstructed

Status

Congrats fellas.

I look forward to posting here for a long time.
    Last edited by Stonewall Dakson; 04-01-2015 at 03:28 PM.
    Just as we would not send any of our soldiers to march in other states and tyrannize other people, so will we never allow the armies of others to march into our State and tyrannize our people.

- General Stonewall Jackson, from the movie Gods and Generals

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    assuming that this is not an April Fools Day joke, I am pleased with this news as my biggest concern was that the site would be sold to an outsider coming out of nowhere swinging his dick around. Congrats fellas.
    Instead it's just Nash swinging his dick around. Except now his dick is black.

What?

Status

I'm not afraid of black dick, my friend.

Thread Information