Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead Discussion

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Re: Fear The Walking Dead coming to AMC

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I seriously hope it gets renewed.
    There's already been confirmation of a second, longer season, and given how good episode two was I can see it winning people over and pulling out another season after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Alicia is the one I want to die... i'm pretty fucking annoyed by her.
    You and I are going to fight. Alycia Debnam-Carey is fucking awesome! As is Elizabeth Rodriguez, who plays Liza, Travis' ex-wife. I don't want either to die, but I can definitely see Liza being the first death. Personally, I would much prefer Christopher to be the first death. He's a total shitbag asshat and it'll really rock the dynamic between Travis, Liza and Madison - whereas Liza's death just brings Chris and Travis together in mourning, and that'll be dull as shit.

I really liked how they made a point of showing Tobias stabbing at Artie's head and not managing to actually puncture his skull too. It's always so easy in The Walking Dead and it bugs the shit out of me, but here they outright showed that sometimes you can hit the target and still not get the money-shot.

Very, very good second episode.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I like Alycia Debnam Carey but the character she's playing was a bit of an assclown to start with. Just seemed stuck up and bitchy to start off with. It's only two episodes in though and my mind's changing. I would just chalk it up to the face that she has that teenager angsty attitude but she should mature as the series goes on. I expect her to come face to face with her boyfriend zombie.... will probably be her first kill. Hope she doesn't get bitten or anything. And yeah, Christopher seems like an assclown too but Liza will die for the exact reason you have mentioned. It's clear that Travis and his son will go through a relationship change at some point. Although I agree, Christopher dying makes the survival situation extremely interesting as Travis and Liza would bond over the death of their boy. It could go that way but idk, feel like Christopher's gonna be around longer.

As for the barber and his family, they are toast. I can see them all banding together, one will end up bitten and not reveal it and they'll all meet up and shit will hit the fan when the bitten person turns. Who knows though. It's clear that the barber's family are not making it far though IMO.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Alicia is the one I want to die... i'm pretty fucking annoyed by her.
    YES, PLEASE. Probably the most annoying character by far. Fuck, I don't care, keep the character alive and recast her with the actor who plays Tobias, I don't give a shit. Get her off my TV.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Also... has anyone noticed the amount of black dudes that get whacked in the TWD universe? Holy shit, the only two deaths so far are black dudes and then you have a look at TWD where you can't have more than 2 black dudes in the group...

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

The Osiris

Status

Also... has anyone noticed the amount of black dudes that get whacked in the TWD universe? Holy shit, the only two deaths so far are black dudes and then you have a look at TWD where you can't have more than 2 black dudes in the group...
    Try telling zombies that #BlackLivesMATTER...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Legendary OG Kid
    Nerds like Nicky, Peepshow and Yeezus are considered cool here and a morbidly obese Booty is considered an OG here. Nicky is a tranny and he got more balls than you.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

And yeah, Christopher seems like an assclown too but Liza will die for the exact reason you have mentioned. It's clear that Travis and his son will go through a relationship change at some point. Although I agree, Christopher dying makes the survival situation extremely interesting as Travis and Liza would bond over the death of their boy. It could go that way but idk, feel like Christopher's gonna be around longer.
    I just want Liza to stick around because she's in Orange is the New Black too and I love that actress. That and the cliche path of mum-dying-brings-father-and-son-together is tired as shit, and I just find it way more interesting if the kid dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    YES, PLEASE. Probably the most annoying character by far. Fuck, I don't care, keep the character alive and recast her with the actor who plays Tobias, I don't give a shit. Get her off my TV.
    Now we are for sure gonna fight, you leave Alicia alone... and you definitely leave Alycia alone!

I know I'm throwing hate on Christopher, but let's face it, we're only two episodes in, we can't really judge how good a character is from the time we've spent with them so far. From my personal perspective (and I admit I may be bias due to my love of The 100 and Alycia's involvement in that show) Alicia seems like a far deeper and more interesting character in the long run than Christopher does. Basically I feel that way about all the younger characters we've met, the adults are okay, but the teenagers all seem to have more to offer when it comes to individual character development (even the ones that have died/are dying) except for Chris who just seems whiny and annoying.

See where it goes though, I'm interested enough to be happy to ride along and let them do what they want without bitching too much about it.

It's actually becoming a tad disturbing how regularly they dispose of black characters like that. The original show was forever killing one black guy off just as they introduced another, and this show has had 3 black characters "die" within the first two episodes...

By the way people, do yourselves a favour and DO NOT look at the IMDb page for the show at the minute; there's confirmation of characters that are carrying on into next season and it could just be a case of who has said something in public and who hasn't but if not you may find yourself spoilered and not happy about it.

Status

LMFAO that's what my girlfriend said.

"Why did the only two black guys die first?!?"

In The Walking Dead game, you play as a black guy and (SPOILER ALERT STOP READING) even he get's it.

The Osiris

Status

He even puts his hands up in the game and the zombies still ate him indiscriminately. Racists.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Legendary OG Kid
    Nerds like Nicky, Peepshow and Yeezus are considered cool here and a morbidly obese Booty is considered an OG here. Nicky is a tranny and he got more balls than you.

Status

No new episode tonight, but since they were re-airing the first two episodes thanks to Labor Day, I decided to get caught up.

Really enjoyed the first two episodes. Not sure why a lot of people seem to be sour on it or what more they could have wanted. It's intense as fuck, has great music, perfect vibe, and solid acting, especially by Franke Dillane. Dude is great. Also, fat Carl is smart as shit. If there were a zombie apocalypse, I wouldn't mind being by his side.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Re: Fear The Walking Dead Discussion

I'm really digging how they are making a big deal out of the moral consequence of killing a walker. Not knowing if someone if just too sick to realise what they are doing or if they are actually gone. That's cool.

I also really enjoyed the fact that we're gonna get to see a little bit of how the authories try and deal with the situation before it inevitably becomes way too much to handle for them. It's got me wondering why they decided to give us a show that is essentially another Joe Public dealing with the outbreak though; I would've loved to have seen the perspective of the government dealing with it, from the top to the bottom... so we'd get everything from sitting in meetings with the President trying to work out what the hell is going on, to the soldiers and emergency service workers on the front line just trying to survive and keep the general public alive. That would've been cool too. Hopefully with the army now on the ground with our families, we'll at least get a little bit of that insight.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    I'm really digging how they are making a big deal out of the moral consequence of killing a walker. Not knowing if someone if just too sick to realise what they are doing or if they are actually gone. That's cool.

I also really enjoyed the fact that we're gonna get to see a little bit of how the authories try and deal with the situation before it inevitably becomes way too much to handle for them. It's got me wondering why they decided to give us a show that is essentially another Joe Public dealing with the outbreak though; I would've loved to have seen the perspective of the government dealing with it, from the top to the bottom... so we'd get everything from sitting in meetings with the President trying to work out what the hell is going on, to the soldiers and emergency service workers on the front line just trying to survive and keep the general public alive. That would've been cool too. Hopefully with the army now on the ground with our families, we'll at least get a little bit of that insight.
    The President deal is a pretty cool idea.

Strong contrast to the pace set from the start, civilization does fall fast.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Am I the only person still watching this show and enjoying it enough to wanna talk about it after?

I didn't expect it to happen so quickly, but the mistrust of the military is something I think we all knew was coming. I personally thought we'd get at least one episode where everyone just did what they were told until someone caught wind of something not quite right... but I guess the idea is that all happened off-screen and over the nine days we've not seen people have gone from grateful to put out by the lack of information and progress on the part of the guys in charge.

Splitting the group already is pretty cool, especially when one of those dragged off is the character that has been treated most like a lead to the whole show. I'm wondering how they look at handling this from here? There's only six episodes to this first season, so will they spend the whole next episode with Nick at the military "hospital" site or will it be split between the two different locations for the next two episodes, leading to a possible reunion?

Any thoughts on who was shining that light that people kept seeing from the roof? I'm pretty certain it's a character we've not met yet, but I would love for it to be Tobias. He was top.

Status

I've been watching it, but I really don't like any of the characters, minus Daniel. But with his wife's situation, I imagine he'll be dead soon.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Daniel's such a miserable, cynical old git. I don't hate him or anything, and I'm not even going to suggest that his misery and cynicism isn't well-founded, but good lord he's such a grumpy bastard. He's like the anti-Dale.

FIGHT OWENS FIGHT

Status
      Country                    Australia

Yeh i'm still loving this show. A couple of the characters i'm not mad on, but on the whole a very entertaining show. I think Tobias is a decent shout for the light shiner, as we certainly haven't seen the last of him in my opinion. Nick is one of my favourite characters across both versions of the show, and the dynamic with his mum is becoming more and more interesting. Can definitely see myself being a long-term viewer of this show.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Daniel's such a miserable, cynical old git. I don't hate him or anything, and I'm not even going to suggest that his misery and cynicism isn't well-founded, but good lord he's such a grumpy bastard. He's like the anti-Dale.
    Hahaha, anti-Dale! I like him though. Specifically the scene with his daughter. "Their good people. Good people end up up dead." Everyone else so far has just been really annoying to me, but when I heard that I was like YEAH!

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpool View Post
    Hahaha, anti-Dale! I like him though. Specifically the scene with his daughter. "Their good people. Good people end up up dead." Everyone else so far has just been really annoying to me, but when I heard that I was like YEAH!
    That's exactly the scene I was thinking of too. I do like him as a character, but he's the kind of person that would annoy me in real life. I imagine if he's got any kind of longevity in the show he's only gonna get darker as well; when you start in such a hard place and are presented with the kind of hardships they are all gonna go through, you're not likely to get more light-hearted and inclusive... at least not until you're huge death scene when you sacrifice your own life to save a basket of puppies and babies.

formerly TE
    The One True King

Status

I actually love this show so far. It has a nice slow build and is really taking it's own time and own pace and not falling into the trap of becoming like The Walking Dead, at least not yet. I mean if I wanted to watch TWD I would just watch re-runs of that show. I know the characters aren't all loved but in my eyes that is kind of the point, the apocalyptic world of TWD is what made those super bad asses like Rick and Daryl we know and love today. Rick was just a normal cop with a family and a best friend who had the hots for his wife. Daryl was just your every day redneck burn out going nowhere in life. I wanna give FTWD a chance to build these characters as the breakdown of society increases and see where we are at in awhile before making decisions. People don't just become bad asses who chop off zombie heads like it's nothing over night. I admit the character could be better done and the most likable character for me is a junkie who stole a dying man's IV drip so it's pretty fucked up right now so that says a lot. The latina or w/e mom who took off and abandoned her son if a fucking biiiiitch. IDC if you're trying to help, your son comes before you playing nurse when you barely know what the fuck you're doing. As a father that has almost condemned her character for me. Then she sold out Nick's bad habits for no apparent reason which got him snatched up.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

To be fair, she didn't sell Nick out, she advised a medical professional of a "recovering" addict that may need medical assitance at some point due to that recovery. Granted, she's naive for assuming that the check-up would be simply that after the world went to shit, but that wasn't a her being a bitch, that was her trying to help. As for her son, I'm fifty-fifty on it; he's basically an adult at this point and he's got his dad and a whole other family around him... meanwhile a doctor has asked for her help and she can keep an eye on the woman she just helped out and the kid she had no idea she'd just got into (what looks like) a shit-ton of trouble. You can call it abandoning her kid, but it seemed more like she genuinely just wants to help get things back to normal as quickly as possible and took what looked like the best opportunity to do that.

I'll be honest though, I'm never gonna hate on her, she's in Orange is the New Black and that's basically my favourite show of recent years, so until her inevitable death - probably from simple naive optimism - I'm all about that lady being a great addition to the group.

Status

Good finale and really good first season. Was happy with most things and I'm excited with where next season goes. If I have one complaint, it was how fast the infection spread. Would have liked to see it take a bit more time, but with only six episodes, I guess it's not too surprising. Looking forward to more backstory on Old Spice Guy next year and how he became as wealthy as he is. Still seems kind of an unknown. Should be interesting to see how they differentiate themselves from The Walking Dead now that the infection has spread pretty much everywhere. They've gotta find a way to make it feel different so that it's not the same show.
    Last edited by PeepShow; 10-05-2015 at 02:05 PM.

Thread Information