Status
      Country                    United States

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Release date: April 27, 2018
    Studio: Walt Disney Pictures, Marvel Studios
    Directors: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo
    MPAA Rating: N/A
    Screenwriters: Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely
    Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Mackie, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Jeremy Renner, Chadwick Boseman, Sebastian Stan, Don Cheadle, Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Pom Klementieff, Benedict Cumberbatch, Benedict Wong, Sean Gunn, Tom Holland, Paul Rudd, Josh Brolin
    Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Adventure
    Official website: Marvel.com/Avengers

Plot Summary: An unprecedented cinematic journey ten years in the making and spanning the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe, Marvel Studios' "Avengers: Infinity War" brings to the screen the ultimate, deadliest showdown of all time. The Avengers and their Super Hero allies must be willing to sacrifice all in an attempt to defeat the powerful Thanos before his blitz of devastation and ruin puts an end to the universe.

Trailer:

Last edited by Necro; 03-27-2018 at 05:58 AM.

Status

Re: Avengers: Infinity War Part I (2018)

Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely to Write Avengers: Infinity War

Badass Digest brings word that Marvel favorites Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely are set to pen the scripts for the two-part Avengers: Infinity War, which Anthony and Joe Russo were recently confirmed to direct. The pair have previously written Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and the upcoming Captain America: Civil War. They also did re-write work on Thor: The Dark World and created “Marvel’s Agent Carter.”

“It’s Thanos against everyone,” star Josh Brolin told us about the “Phase Three” capper late last year, which is believed to involve the Mad Titan’s quest to bring together the six Infinity Stones we’ve seen appear throughout the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn also chimed in previously on the idea of the Guardians meeting the Avengers saying: “When I’m asked about the Guardians and their future, and whether they’ll meet up with the Avengers I really don’t have all that much to say, because some of it isn’t decided yet, and I don’t want to give away what is decided.”

Production on Captain America: Civil War is set to begin soon in Atlanta, Georgia with the film targeting a May 6, 2016 release. The third film in the Captain America franchise will bring the classic storyline from the comics to life pitting Cap (Chris Evans) against Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), as well as introducing Black Panther to the Marvel Cinematic Universe with actor Chadwick Boseman ahead of his own film later in Phase 3.

After that, Avengers: Infinity War Part I will see a release on May 4, 2018, with Part II set to follow one year later on May 3, 2019.
    Well this only makes sense. Man being a comic movie fan these days is like following a sports team. So damn complicated haha.

Status

Avengers: Infinity War to be Filmed Entirely with Brand-New IMAX Cameras

On the heels of the reveal of its nine-month production schedule, Marvel Studios, the Russo brothers and IMAX today announced that Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War – Parts 1 & 2 will be shot in their entirety using IMAX and ARRI’s next generation revolutionary 2D digital camera – a joint customized digital version of ARRI’s new large format camera, the Alexa 65. The two-part “Avengers” saga marks the first time a Hollywood feature film will have been shot completely using IMAX cameras and will feature IMAX’s exclusive aspect ratio, providing moviegoers a uniquely immersive experience.

Prior to filming Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War – Parts 1 & 2, Joe and Anthony Russo, who also directed Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier, will use the IMAX/ARRI 2D digital camera for select action sequences on the forthcoming Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War, which will release in IMAX theaters in May of 2016.

“The intent with the Infinity War films is to bring ten years of accumulative storytelling to an incredible climax,” Joe and Anthony Russo stated. “We felt that the best way to exploit the scale and scope required to close out the final chapter of these three phases, was to be the first films shot entirely on the IMAX/ARRI Digital camera.”

“Over the years, IMAX has had the incredible good fortune to work with some of the world’s finest, most talented filmmakers, who continue to push the envelope both technically and creatively,” said Greg Foster, Senior Executive Vice President, IMAX Corp. and CEO of IMAX Entertainment. “We could not be more excited to deepen our partnership with Joe and Anthony Russo, a pair of filmmakers we believe are next-generation trailblazers. Marvel’s Avengers franchise has become a global phenomenon and to have it pay off in this epic way using the IMAX/ARRI digital camera is the very definition of event movie-going.”

The next-generation 2D digital camera – co-developed by IMAX and ARRI – is meant for use by today’s leading filmmakers working in the IMAX format. The joint solution is designed as a complementary tool to IMAX’s high-resolution capture technologies – including its 3D digital and 15perf / 65mm film cameras. Moreover, IMAX worked with ARRI to achieve the highest level of digital image capture for playback on IMAX’s xenon and new laser projection systems.

Set to be directed by the Russo brothers and featuring a script by Marvel favorites Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1 is slated for release in IMAX theaters on May 4, 2018; Part 2 will open on May 3, 2019.
    New technology sounds good to me.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Avengers: Infinity War Part I (2018)

Figured either Infinity War or Star Wars Episode 9 would be the first all IMAX film, so not too surprised by this news. The tech is pretty nuts though and it'll be interesting to see it in action when the movie hits the big screen in...three years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Horror Comedies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

First look of the Infinity War filming! Damn that first shot with Iron Man, Spiderman and Starlord all together talking got me hard. I remember reading the Infinity War as a kid laying on the floor hoping to see a Movie like this and it's happening it's crazy as I think about it. Thank you Marvel!

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

[Your Name]

Status
      Country                    England

First teaser trailer due tomorrow!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    First teaser trailer due tomorrow!

So glad to hear this. If theirs one guy who loves the Avengers as much as me, it's you Dave.

A few days ago I saw a scene or clip was leaked from I guess the Trailer were going to see tomorrow. It was smart of Marvel do this, people have been thirsty for this for quite awhile now.

Real Women of Genius

[Your Name]

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

IT'S HERE

https://youtu.be/mVFhNYe7bIs

I'M HYPED

Yooooo Mang

Status

Fuck yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status

Jesus it's still hard to believe this movie is real. Looks fucking great.

Taptalmatic

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Prince Of Joshi

Status

It's what we all been waiting for since since the day we saw we Thanos show up. People are going to die, Avengers are going to die and the Avengers are never going to be same after this is all but done. I remember the leaked one I saw months ago and their are alot of more violent shots of Thanos vs the Avengers to come can't wait to see that.

Real Women of Genius

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

can you guys believe what did or didnt happen in that trailer we cant discuss?

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Sure why not Bing Bong, here's a few scenes that weren't shown in this Trailer that I saw in the leaked trailer from Comic Con and D23

Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler boboheads
    Spoiler boboheads

Spoiler:

Petey looking up at Iron Man saying I'm sorry, it's truly a emotional scene I saw in the leaked trailer and I can see them using it in the Second one. Even Thanos crushing Thor's head like a Grape is in that Trailer it's scary to watch

Real Women of Genius

People's Champion

Status

Looks mental.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Prince Of Joshi

Status

You know I'm still have it in my head like is this real or not? When I was kid playing with my Figures back in the day, that were TMNT, Wrestling and Comic Book Figures all together fighting I thought one day I could see Thanos in a film. I got my wish, and what Civil War did with the Airplane Scene with the Avengers and Iron Man vs Winter Soldier/Cap and how that turned us upside down, these two films are going to be 2 and a half hours of that and more. Their was one scene that I thought they could of kept out and it was

Spoiler:

Vision getting his Gem getting taken from his Forehead. You know it was going to happen eventually, but I think they could of kept that outta this Trailer maybe save it for the Second would of been better.

Real Women of Genius

People's Champion

Status

I'm curious....I don't read marvel comics and never really have except one Fantastic four comic book that contained the first 4 books.

In the infinity wars, do the Fantastic Four and Xmen play a part?

I like Xmen and Fantastic four ( atleast from what I have seen from cartoons and movies and that 4 book combined comic book) way way more than Avengers, GOTG, pretty much the entire MCU outside Spiderman. ( strictly speaking as far as characters go)

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    I'm curious....I don't read marvel comics and never really have except one Fantastic four comic book that contained the first 4 books.

In the infinity wars, do the Fantastic Four and Xmen play a part?

I like Xmen and Fantastic four ( atleast from what I have seen from cartoons and movies and that 4 book combined comic book) way way more than Avengers, GOTG, pretty much the entire MCU outside Spiderman. ( strictly speaking as far as characters go)
    Yup for both. Their is even a Cover for the Infinity War arc that has Cyclops and Storm fighting for the sake of the world. The Infinity War/Gauntlet probably one of my favs outside of Age of Apocalypse when it comes to the Comic Book Universe.

Real Women of Genius

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Yup for both. Their is even a Cover for the Infinity War arc that has Cyclops and Storm fighting for the sake of the world. The Infinity War/Gauntlet probably one of my favs outside of Age of Apocalypse when it comes to the Comic Book Universe.
    Can one simply pick that series up and read it without knowing anything from past comics?

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Indy, if you like Fantastic Four go out of your way to find the issue #51 story "This Man...This Monster!" It is arguably the single greatest piece of comic book literature Stan Lee ever wrote and one of the finest Marvel Comics stories ever. That being said, I'm not sure how you'd find it outside of torrents but trust me when I say it's amazing.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Horror Comedies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Can one simply pick that series up and read it without knowing anything from past comics?
    I say generally yeah you can. Their might be a few character you might be wondering who is that, but I feel they do a good job in telling their stories and their part in the series. Fuji knows what's up about Fantastic Four still one of my favorite Covers.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information