Thread: NXT Discussion - March 25, 2015: Hideo-us Itami

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

WWE NXT NXT Discussion - March 25, 2015: Hideo-us Itami

BÁLOR FACES OWENS FOR THE TITLE!

This week on NXT, No. 1 Contender Finn Bálor finally gets his opportunity at Kevin Owens' NXT Championship. Can the enigmatic Irishman make the most of his golden opportunity? Find out Wednesday at 8/7 C, only on WWE Network!

Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 03-25-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: NXT Discussion - March 25, 2015

I would imagine that Zayn will be the one to eventually beat Owens for the title so I think Balor will look good but come up a little short

Is this a 2 hour special, or a regular 1 hour episode ?

Comeback King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    I would imagine that Zayn will be the one to eventually beat Owens for the title so I think Balor will look good but come up a little short

Is this a 2 hour special, or a regular 1 hour episode ?
    It is a regular hour. Yeah I reckon Owens retains here, who knows maybe a Zayn return? He seems to have been gone forever.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I hope there aren't too many matches on the show. Would be nice to see what they can do with a 30 min match
    Last edited by Negan; 03-24-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I bet that the show I thought we were going to get last week was the show we're going to get this week. Two matches and a shit load of WrestleMania hype.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

Nice heel turn by Emma

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Their segments are odd.

Down for the return of NXT's favourite stipulation 2 out of 3 falls for Hideo Itami/Tyler Breeze.

They've done a great job in this first half an hour in building the main event.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Scumbag Role Model

Status

- GLITTER. GLITZ. SPARKLE. BULL---errr----BLITZ. Three weeks in a row that we get Alexa Bliss matches. Good thing or bad thing? I don't know yet. Thought the Women's Title match was pretty boring. Only highlight of the match was Alexa's hard smack on Sasha. Aside from that, hardly any excitement and no chance in hell for Alexa to win the title.

- Both Owens promos were rad, although his backstage promo pretty much had everything he ended up saying in the video package. Nonetheless, it was a good promo and I enjoyed Owens thrashing Balor painting himself.

- Emma/Bayley angle is pretty interesting, although I feel like this more of an angle to set up a character change for Emma than Bayley. Bayley REALLY needs a fucking change.

- Tyler Breeze promo started out hilarious, then got kind of unintentionally hilarious with Hideo's broken English. Excited for 2/3 Falls for Hideo and Tyler.

- Is this Dana chick supposed to be like the Chris Masters or Lex Luger of NXT or something?

- Really wish they would quit saying that Roman Reigns will attempt to be the first NXT alum to become the WWE WHC. Pleasantly surprised that there was only one section of the show to run down the WM card. They put a bigger emphasis on their NXT Title main event rather than what will happen Sunday. What a nice thing.

- Finn promo was short, sweet, and had a bit of emotion in it. Better than usual promo.

- <3 Drake Younger. This has got to be one of the longest NXT matches ever. Or at least it felt like it. Pretty good main event but A LOT of dragging in the middle sections. A few rally spots but died kind of anti-climatically. Match got better once Owens worked less methodical and more like a savage.

Good promos, decent action. I'll have to rewatch the main event again, but while I thought it was pretty good, I probably won't rate it as high as others. Women's match was boring.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: NXT Discussion - March 25, 2015: Hideo-us Itami

Hideo-us Itami was hilarious

I see Batley becoming more aggressive, more than I see Emma turning Heel because of the Slap

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Bliss... is really green, it seems. Either that or her moveset is a clusterfuck. It's bad that I can't tell whether she's botching or it's supposed to be like that sometimes.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Overall the show was ok, but it felt like it really lacked in variety. Last week we had a Banks/Bliss match, a Kevin Owens match, Enzo Cass/Blake Murphy build and a bit of Tyler Breeze for good measure, and this week we got..........pretty much the same thing just with Emma and Bayley thrown in for a minute. There's no Sami Zayn or Adrian Neville leaving the main eventers light, the Vaudevillians have disappeared, where's Solomon Crowe at in his debut month? what's going on with Rhyno and Kendrick? what the hell happened to Jason Jordan turning on Tye Dillinger a month ago? I don't know why they put the order of the tapings this way around, there really needed to be a different set of matches in between last week and this week's shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Bliss... is really green, it seems. Either that or her moveset is a clusterfuck. It's bad that I can't tell whether she's botching or it's supposed to be like that sometimes.
    She's better than she used to be when she was around first in her 'I'M WEARING ALL MY BLING BLING (BLING BLING)' days, her matches were just moving form one over the top spot to another, nothing was fluid. She reminds me of Trish in the early days, super hot, good potential in the ring, it's just not all there yet. I think in a few years she'll be really good.

I agree with Nicky on the main event, thought it was good in the end, but I'm sure it's been overrated and hyped up by some people as great. Not a knock at all on Owens because it fit's his character, but there was too much stalling for time, keeping Balor in headlocks, the match really felt like it dragged. It was over 20 minutes, there's not many TV main events that have ever gone that long in NXT and boy that was noticeable watching it. I don't know if anyone else feels like they rushed to this match, but for me they've spent the last month building up Owens/Riley a lot more than they built up Owens/Balor, and then as soon as Riley is destroyed they jump to the title match a week later, I think a couple weeks buffer between the two matches just to let the rivalries breath would of been beneficial.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Comeback King

Status

I pretty much agree with Ed to be honest.

The DIVA's Match was okay but Bliss is still really green. I wonder if that is it for her for now and we are moving onto a Bayley versus Emma feud which Sasha could get involved in after. If not I think they should go with Banks versus Becky Lynch as I think she is more solid in the ring. Anyway you know someone is green when the BOSS can't even carry you to a good match. Hope Sasha has a better opponent up next.

Finn versus Owens was good but I felt it was given far too much time. I do like the story of Finn not bringing the Demon as I am almost certain he will get another shot with the pain maybe even at the next special. A lot depends on what is happening with Zayn. It feels like he should stay on NXT to finish this feud with Owens but it wouldn't surprise me if WWE debuted him on Monday and shocked everyone. It is the sort of move they would love and the IWC would go mental

Anyway good episode but it was always going to be a little bit of a struggle in Mania week.

Status

I'm getting caught up with the last couple shows so instead of posting in the previous thread, I figured I'd post my thoughts for both shows in here.

The road show in Columbus was solid. Great live crowd. Enzo and Cass are over as fuck. So good. And the main event was decent. I'm not nearly as big of a Riley hater as most, but this new RAGE thing is just so cheesy. He's supposed to be this big babyface against Owens and the fact that the crowd seemed to give no fucks about him was hilarious. And Owens mimicking him by hulking up and saying RAAAAAAGE was golden.

As for this week's show, the Women's title match was good. Bliss impressed me. She has room to improve, but she's much better than I thought she'd be. And Sasha was BOSS as usual. <3

Great promo by Owens. He's the best. Him and Zayn are phenomenal. Speak of Sami, he was absent yet again and that saddens me. The shows aren't bad by any means, but when he's not there you can tell something's missing and that says a lot.

Another classic Enzo/Cass/Carmella segment. SHOULDA WENT TO JARED BRO.

The main event did run a little long, but it was still good, especially the last five minutes. Solid couple of shows.

People's Champion

Status

I haven't caught the NXT Title match just yet, but: I really enjoyed the Women's Title match. I love both Sasha and Bliss's theme songs too. Breeze and Itami's confrontation was funny. Enzo and Cass were funny too when Blake and Murphy gave Carmella the jewelry. Not sure what Blake and Murphy's goal is with her.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

- I'm digging the opening video package, recapping last week. Makes it seem like a massively big deal. Which, for all intents and purposes, it was. Plus it helps recognize the storylines currently going on, neatly condensed in a three-minute package. Solid stuff.

I say, is this a two-man commentary booth I hear? Corey Graves and Rich Brennen? Awww yeah. I can dig this.

- GLITTER, GLITZ, SPARKLE, BLISS. As green as Alexa Bliss is, I can see some potential in her. Sure, in nearly every way she's outclassed by Sasha Banks, but keep in mind NXT is a developmental brand, first and foremost, so she's not going to be Queen of the Gymnast Roll-ups forever. Plus, let's be honest, that handspring backflip into a double-knee looks beautiful. Remember when Charlotte first debuted and was green as goose shit? Now she's one of the most entertaining women on the roster. Sasha Banks, too. She wasn't always THE BOSS, she worked hard and improved herself to where it became less of an egocentric nickname and more of a fact of life. I'm sure, in due time, Bliss'll be the same way. Maybe not to the point of Banks, but at the very least a solid, reliable talent whose skill is not limited to gymnast roll-ups and GLITTERGLITZSPARKLEBLISS.

Give her time. She's only in her first year of NXT. There's nowhere to go but up for her.

- Oh, Kevin, I do so love your promos. So confident that he can beat Finn Balor's +DEMON POWERUP self, even when Balor's undefeated. Such a good change from the atypical squirmy, coward heel. Straight up asshole who knows he can get it done.

- EMMA NO. why is everyone such douchnozzles of Bayley. =(

That said, jaded, bitter, Raw-ized Emma is such a good character and I legitimately want to see more of her. THIS IS WHAT RAW DOES TO THOSE FROM NXT. I hope next week The Ascension appear and explain there's no hyperbole when they call Raw the Wasteland. Then they Fall of Man Bayley because apparently being douchnozzles to Bayley is today's thing to do.

- Hideo-us Itami... Oh, Tyler. You're perfect. Never change.

Itami/Breeze next week, 2/3 falls? Ooohhh, man. That sounds utterly delicious. Can't wait.

- Man, Dubstep Cowboys seem so awkward during their segment, I'm entirely convinced they don't give two shits about Carmell, are in love with each other, and are only keeping up this hetero charade because MIND GAMES. Yeah. Admit it, NXT, you made a loving gay couple the NXT Tag Team Champions.

Plus, let's be honest. No-one wants Carmella.

- I think I've finally realized why I'm so fond of Kevin Owen's Pop-Up Powerbomb Finisher when I've seen others so lukewarm on it due to how anticlimactic it seems. It's a dick move. After a 20-minute back and forth match, it's not a complicated sequence of events resulting in an ending. It's a simple 'Woop, caught you, match over, go home.' Which, for a dick character of Kevin Owen's caliber, is PERFECT. It's like saying 'Sure, you can wrestle a 20 minute technical masterpiece all you want, but at the end of it I'm still going to crush your body in half a second like it means nothing.' It's a perfectly dickish, let legitimate finisher for a dickish, yet legitimate guy.

'C'MON, BALOR. CATCH YOUR BREATH.' - Kevin Owens, being meta as fuck.

As for the actual match, loved it. Great stuff. Bit long for my tastes, and could've used more buildup after all that Riley filler stuff, but fuck it, it was a fun bout regardless.

Spoiler:

Legend In My Spare Time

Status

This was a great show all around just catching up now. The only thing that could have used improvement was the commentary and less commercials in the Owens/Balor match.

I love how during the recaps from last week they included Owens' final kick to Alex Riley. Alexa Bliss isn't really getting over as a babyface at all. Fans love Sasha. That's great. I think she's going to be huge in the WWE. Great match between Banks and Bliss. They even got a LETS GO BLISS chant going. Even the announcers were surprised by that. What a great promo from Owens. Bring the demon. Dat slap from Emma! That was unexpected. Breeze is gold on the mic. Dana looks to have some personality. I'm hyped. Great video package on Finn Balor. The fans doing Balor's pose along with him during his entrance was AWESOME. Great match between Owens and Balor it was perfectly booked and both men delivered.

This show is firing on all cylinders so far. I wonder when we'll see Sami Zayn again. Breeze vs. Itami next week should be great...

People's Champion

Status

Watched Owens vs Balor. I liked the leg work by Owens. Especially when he was standing on it and then hit a senton. What a dick. Good build up to him hitting the pop up power bomb. Overall, a good match I'd say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information