Alien 5 (TBA)

Release date: TBD
    Studio: 20th Century Fox
    Director: Neill Blomkamp
    MPAA Rating: N/A
    Screenwriter: Neill Blomkamp
    Starring: N/A
    Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Suspense

Plot Summary: It’s uncertain precisely what route the new film will take or if Signourney Weaver will be returning to the franchise.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Alien 5 (TBA)

From what I've seen in pictures with Ripley, it's going to stop and destroy some of the past few movies we's seen with her. I always the Alien Franchise and hopes it lands on his feet with this movie.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Rumor is that they're only going to use the back story from the first two Alien movies kind of like how Halloween H20 ignores the later sequels.

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Apparently both Ripley and Hicks are in this.

I'm more interested in seeing Prometheus 2 than I am an Alien 5, but I love the series so I'm down for this regardless.

Here's some concept art released:

​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah I've seen that last pic with Riley in a Alien type of suit and made me get really interested on what they are creating here. Hicks being in the movie I'm so happy for, I always thought Michael Biehn the Actor was a great Actor and should of gotten more roles. He played Kyle Reese in the first Terminator and boy the performance he gave, gave life to the world and horror Sara Connor will have to deal with, if she would not listen to him and follow his lead.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Neill Blomkamp’s Alien 5 is Dead, Says Ridley Scott

In late 2015, it was revealed that 20th Century Fox‘s plans for Neill Blomkamp‘s proposed Alien 5 were in a holding pattern pending the release of Ridley Scott’s prequel Alien: Covenant. Now that we’re weeks away from Covenant‘s May 19 bow in theaters, Scott has been asked by Allocine about Blomkamp’s fivequel and he suggests it’s no longer an active project at all.

“There was never a script,” Scott stated bluntly. “It was an idea that evolved from, I believe, a 10-page pitch, and I was meant to be part of the producers on that. It didn’t evolve. Fox decided that they didn’t want to do it and that was it. I’d already done ‘Prometheus’ and I was planning ‘Covenant’ so I dunno.”

When pressed to say if he thinks the sequel would ever happen, Scott said, “I don’t think so, no.”

So there it is. At the time, Blomkamp had been very public in sharing art and ideas about the sequel, and fans were excited. Rather than coming out right away with the fact that the project had floundered, Fox and Blomkamp went with the more PR-friendly “holding pattern” claim, but the truth seems to be that Blomkamp’s vision for Alien 5 was no longer seemed viable.

In late 2015, Michael Biehn (who famously portrayed colonial marine Cpl. Dwayne Hicks in the 1986 classic Aliens) told Icons of Fright that the sequel would have potentially seen his and Sigourney Weaver’s long-awaited return, as well as Newt.

“They’re planning on bringing me and Newt back, and at this point Newt will be around twenty-seven years old,” Biehn confirmed. “I know that every actress in Hollywood is going to want to play this one, it’s really a passing of the torch between Sigourney and this younger actress who would play Newt.”

Child actress Carrie Henn originally played Rebecca “Newt” Jorden, the sole survivor of the colony on LV-426. Henn retired from acting after playing the role, going on to a career as a teacher, and both Newt and Hicks were unceremoniously killed off at the tippy-top of David Fincher’s Alien 3. Blomkamp’s plan was also to ignore the events of 1992’s Alien 3 and 1997’s Alien: Resurrection for the now-scrapped untitled Alien sequel.
    So this looks like it's totally done, probably a good thing.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I liked the idea of bringing back Hicks and Newt but this always seemed like it was more of a fan (who happened to be a successful director) discussing his latest Alien fanfic than a serious project.

Thread Information