Status
      Country                    England

NJPW NJPW Invasion Attack - 5th April 2015

NJPW Invasion Attack 2015
    April 5, 2015

1. IWGP Championship – AJ Styles vs Kota Ibushi
    2. Kazuchika Okada vs Bad Luck Fale
    3. Katsuyori Shibata & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazushi Sakuraba & Toru Yano
    4. Tetsuya Naito & Hirooki Goto & Togi Makabe vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI
    5. IWGP Tag Team Championship – Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. Michael Bennett & Matt Taven
    6. IWGP Jr Championship – Kenny Omega vs. Mascara Dorada
    7. IWGP Jr Tag Championship – Beretta & Rocky Romero vs. Nick Jackson & Matt Jackson
    8. Tomoaki Honma & Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Tama Tonga & Yujiro Takahashi & Cody Hall
    9. Komatsu & Shelley & KUSHIDA & CNJ & Yuji Nagata vs. Sho Tanaka & Taguchi & Tiger Mash & Liger & Nakanish
    Then there's a few road to matches to keep an eye on:

3/21: Tenzan vs Kojima for NWA Title
    3/21: RPG Vice vs Komatsu & Sho Tanaka

3/22: Liger vs Tiger Mask for NWA Jr Title

-----------------------

They're not putting a lot else on to entice people to this show than Ibushi/Styles with the amount of tags going on, I wonder if this is a test run to see how big of a draw Ibushi is to them. Tanahashi seems to be sucked into a Yano feud now that Suzuki isn't around, lame.

Re: NJPW Invasion Attack - 5th April 2015

By Invasion Attacks standards, it's an underwhelming show. Look at Invasion Attack 2014:

Tanahashi vs Nakamura - IC Title
    Ishii vs Naito - NEVER Title
    Bullet Club vs Shibata and Goto - Tag Titles
    Prince Devitt's final match

On the plus side, Styles vs Ibushi looks awesome. Unless I'm mistaken, I believe it's it's a first time ever match. It's also sorta historic as I believe this is the first IWGP Title match without Okada or Tanahashi since 2010.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Over the years usually when NJPW's card to me looks bland outside a match or two, they surprise me and I wouldn't be shocked this show is better than expected. AJ Styles vs Kota Ibushi is going to rock of course, but Beretta & Rocky Romero vs. Nick Jackson & Matt Jackson could be a show-stealer to me.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Ibushi's been super motivated lately, so I'm excited for the main event.

Doc and Karl vs. Bennett and Taven might be the least interesting match ever on paper.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Why are Trent and Rocky together?!?!?!?, I seriously don't get it

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Now I do agree, but FWIW Bennett & Taven were super motivated in the World Tag League and were genuinely a highlight. (In a weak division but they worked hard and did way better than usual) I just think it takes herculean effort out of even the best workers to get something good out of Gallows & Gun.

The 6 man is a safe ***-**** bet and look forward to who pairs up. It's fine as long as Makabe & YOSHI-HASHI are the ones who go against each other.

Omega/Dorada could be excellent if Omega drops everything that's made him a flop thus far.

The main has MOTYC potential but I'm pretty convinced this'll be more of a typical Bullet Club shmoz and they'll also save a bit for the future. I'm more interested in the draw than the match itself but if they do go all out it'll be awesome. Like I said the other day this is clearly the test for Ibushi. If he sells out Sumo the belt's as good as his soon. If it bombs we may see the brakes get put on him the rest of 2015. Either way it's a big show.

Shibata/Honma?

Legend In My Spare Time

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    On the plus side, Styles vs Ibushi looks awesome. Unless I'm mistaken, I believe it's it's a first time ever match. It's also sorta historic as I believe this is the first IWGP Title match without Okada or Tanahashi since 2010.

Should be a hell of a match.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

1. Yuji Nagata, Captain New Japan, Alex Shelley, KUSHIDA & Yohei Komatsu vs. Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi & Sho Tanaka

Team Nagata gets the win when Shelley pinned Tanaka via Kryptonite Crunch. Match was really nothing.

Winners: Yuji Nagata, Captain New Japan, Alex Shelley, KUSHIDA & Yohei Komatsu

2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Tomoaki Honma vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Tama Tonga & Cody Hall

Tenzan, Kojima and Honma get the win when Honma hit the top rope headbutt for the win. This was okay. Nothing memorable here. Honma’s win didn’t get as big a pop as it did at the Tokyo Dome. Hall continues to make steady progress. His discuss lariat does look killer when hit right.

Winners: Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima and Tomoaki Honma

3. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson (c) vs. RPG Vice (Rocky Romero & Barreta)

This was a very good tag match. I’m not sure people expected a title change here. Some very close near falls and even a great count out false finish. RPG Vice get the win with the Strong Zero (double stomp/cradle back-to-belly piledriver). Congrats to Trent Barreta on his first major title win!

***1/2

Winners: NEW IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Champions RPG Vice

4. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Máscara Dorada

Omega retained via One-Winged Angel. Match was fine except there was no real crowd heat. The crowd did not buy into Dorada’s near falls. Dorada seems to have the flashy moves but no real charisma behind it. After the match, Omega called out Alex Shelley. Omega/Shelley should be a hell of a match with much better crowd reaction.

Winner: STILL IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega

5. IWGP Tag Team Title: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs. Michael Bennett & Matt Taven

Taven and Bennett win the IWGP Tag Team Titles via Super Spike Piledriver on Anderson. Maria distracted Anderson prior to the finish. This match had no heat either as this was heel vs. heel. Of course the cameraman was fixated on Maria. Not a lot people will like this decision. This was a very political move. Match wasn’t that good either.

Winners: NEW IWGP Tag Team Champions Michael Bennett and Matt Taven

(6) Special 6 Man Tag Match: Togi Makabe, Hirooki Goto & Tetsuya Naito vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI

Winner: Goto (13:49) following the Shouten Kai on Nakamura.
    ~ Goto with the win over the IWGP IC Champion as he now earned a shot at the belt.

(7) Special Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Katsuyori Shibata [FREE] vs. Toru Yano & Kazushi Sakuraba [FREE]

Winner: Sakuraba (10:51) with the Sakuraba Lock on Shibata

(8) Special Single Match: Kazuchika Okada vs. Bad Luck Fale

Winner: Okada (15:59) following the Rainmaker.

(9) IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: [62nd Champion] AJ Styles vs. [Challenger] Kota Ibushi

Winner: Styles (27:01) with the Styles Clash.
    ~ 1st successful title defense.
    ~ Omega cost Ibushi the match. Okada took out Styles after the match and declared that he will reclaim the IWGP Heavyweight belt.
    So, after the IWGP tag titles match, streams world wide went out. There was technical difficulties throughout the show. So if you wonder why the results seem cut from tumblr and wrestling sites, that's why. A lot of sites just postponed their coverage.

Taven and Bennett won the tag belts. Holy shit
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

They're a much better team than they look on paper. See their matches with Ciampa/Hanson and 2/3 Falls with The Briscoes.

But I can't see them interacting with the Bullet Club being very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Just finished the show:

Bullet Club Vs Tenkoji and Honmania was decent for what it was. Cody Hall isn't good but he has a few moments in a match where you can see potential there, like his discus lariat.

If you like Young Bucks, you'll love their title match. I actually enjoyed this to an extent, because the inclusion of Trent made this feel like the freshest Romero match I've seen in years, hell it was the freshest Jr tag team match in a year, and the Bucks dropping their titles to a parody of their ridiculous finishers was soooooooo satisfying. Trent had one of them set up in that cradle belly to back piledriver, and Romero came out of nowhere to add a springboard double stomp to the move. Strong Zero ftw. Now to run this match 6 more times this year.

Omega/Dorada was probably the best Omega match this year. That is not overwhelming praise because I have hated Omega so far. I you like Dorada, you'll be into this. They set up Shelley for the next title match which I imagine Omega retains and then we head in to the Super Jrs.

4 Bullet Club matches in a row, fucking hell. Gallows and Anderson Vs The Kingdom absolutely sucked and was the worst match on the card by some distance. I get that the 'Besotted by Maria' spot is fairly humourous in opening tag matches against Captain New Japan where you need comedy to elevated a match some, but this was the IWGP Tag Championship match and Karl Anderson was acting like a drooling fool all match, Maria was the entire story of this match. After seeing The Kingdom work a really solid tag team match with reDRagon at Supercard of Honor this past week, I'm more than fine with them winning the titles with the ROH tour coming up, problem is the tag division stinks so I don't know where the quality is going to come from this run.

Chaos 6 man tag was a return to some good action, but the major talking points are what they set up. Ishii and Makabe continued their war and they likely have a NEVER title rematch coming up next month BUUUUUUUUUUUT GOTO AND NAKAMURA IS ON

I didn't really enjoy Shibata and Tanahashi Vs Yano and Sakuraba with the exception of Sakaraba going 'fuck it', taking his shirt off and really laying into Shibata in the closing stretch. Shibata Vs Sakuraba doesn't set my world alight, but for a one off match I'm fine with it, my worry is that it's some 9 month build to a WK singles match like what he had with Suzuki Vs Sakuraba and this is just the start of an endless run of tag matches between the two. Yano Vs Tanahashi does nothing for me, seriously is there nothing better for Hashi to do? Send Yano to NOAH where one more mediocre worker doesn't hurt anything and keep him there.

Okada finally gets his big win over Fale, in a feud that's been more about good storytelling than good action. I thought this was a fairly solid match to wrap everything up, finisher counters as you'd expect in every Okada match, but they really build to him having the strength to hit the tombstone on Fale.

Then the main event which was really the only draw to the show. It delivered. Ibushi continues to lead the way as one of the best wrestlers in the world with another strong showing here. The finish was rad, Ibushi went for a Phoenix Splash but Styles actually managed to catch him and nail the Styles Clash on the counter. I'm didn't expect a title change with the ROH tour coming up, but that title is going to be Ibushi's by the time WK10 is over; he's either winning the G1 or he's going to win it late in the year, my prediction would be Nakamura/Ibushi III to finish that story.

Fairly good show with one standout match that people really need to checkout. They set up a lot for Dontaku next month, Okada Vs Styles, Goto Vs Nakamura, Omega Vs Shelley and Ishii Vs Makabe all look set for the next PPV.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

There was good and bad. More down than up if we're being honest.

I thought both Juniors matches were about the same. If wrestling only required 1 side then Dorada and RPG could have been really good. Unfortunately it takes two and that's where the problems. I mean yeah Dorada brought good stuff and all but man, Omega is just the worst. I can't say I'm looking forward to him vs anybody, especially another US style worker.

The tag titles, Ed summed it up pretty dead on. Only difference is I didn't even like that Maria crap with the Cap. And lets be honest, are G&G and the tag titles really*that*far above CNJ anyway? Either way it was something horrible.

Up to the 6-man I was not digging this show at all I have to say. But then our heroes Goto & Ishii come out to save the day~! Very good match and a lot of action packed into those 12 minutes. The right man won and lost, and I was stunned YOSHI-HASHI didn't take the fall.

I had so many problems with the Yano tag from jump street. Now, I know this feud didn't really get over because of Shibata and the matches weren't that great either (unless you're ***** Meltzer of course) but why are Shibata/Tanahashi just casually teaming up? You still built an entire Summer around this supposed "legit" feud and this is our payoff? Something I've never been fan of in wrestling. The match was boring as you'd expect. Tana gave 5% effort, Yano's awful and repetitive and the other two are...that's another thing right there, Shibata & Sakuraba shouldn't be feuding! I'm sure they'll put on acceptable matches but I can't get behind that. WHAT ABOUT MY SHIBATA AND HONMA!? I say. So yeah, the tag. It sucked.

Was Okada/Fale really good storytelling? This is like the shortest down period to set up a redemption story in history.* *And the matches? Yuck. This one was no exception. Bad Luck Fale, people. He actually gets paid to wrestle.

Ibushi/Styles was a very good match by any standard. But I think they've got better in them. The finish was cool and everything but in the constant theme of this show, seeing Omega being the distracting party on Ibushi to set it up was pretty weak. But besides that it really was a quality match. Really liked Ibushi's callback to his DDT Title win vs HARASHIMA. This point about Styles was brought up to me on twitter, that although Ibushi may have more exciting high-end work. Styles does have something over a lot of people: He is one of the best ever at changing his style based on who he's up against, the promotion he's wrestling in, as well as the wrestler's prestige in said promotion. Truly, Styles is the best "worker" in the world. ...And with all that said, it leads perfectly into the post match with John Cen-Okada killing everyone and setting up his match...3 months from now in July. Because God knows if there's one person who has been underexposed and needs a title shot it's him.**Not a fan of that at all, and I pray a pre-G1 title switch in a 2014 callback isn't what they have in mind.

Overall I have to give the thumbs down for this. Didn't like anything outside of the main event and the 6 man. The junior title was a letdown from what I'd heard. Sucker Zero believing in Omega.

BC/Honma & TenKoji: **
    Jr. Tag: **1/4
    Jr. Title: **1/2
    Tag titles: 1/4*
    6-man: ***1/2
    Yano/Tana tag: *3/4
    Okada/Fale: *1/2
    Main Event: ****

Thread Information