Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NXT Discussion - March 4th, 2015: I'M GONNA KICK YOUR

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

WWE NXT NXT Discussion - March 4th, 2015: I'M GONNA KICK YOUR

Sasha & Charlotte in Title Showdown

Wednesday on NXT, Charlotte tries to reclaim the NXT Women's Championship from the Diva who pinned her at TakeOver: Rival, Sasha Banks. Who will walk away from the main event with the title? Watch NXT Wednesday at 8/7 C, only on WWE Network!

Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 03-04-2015 at 09:58 PM.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Re: NXT Discussion - March 4th, 2015

I wonder when the last time any WWE show made a women's match the main focus of the show. Good to see it in the main event spot.

Result seems straight forward.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Looking forward to the main event. NXT's top two divas. I know we have seen it before but it should still be good iif given enough time.

I wonder if we'll have any more Rhyno/TBK appearences? Also looking forward to the Owens/Riley thing they have going on. Think this will be Rileys road back into the ring, which is awesome if it keeps him off of commentary. I'm sure I read somewhere that he posted on twitter? that he wanted to be added to the Andre Battle Royal!

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I wonder when the last time any WWE show made a women's match the main focus of the show. Good to see it in the main event spot.

Result seems straight forward.
    It's a shame that the match isn't really much fresh at this point and even with the switch of champion/challenger, is super predictable.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    Canada

WWE better not screw up Sasha Banks when she hits the main roster. If used properly she'll be the next big star in the divas division.. Not many woman have the total package like she does.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

She's still kind of iffy with promos, but I get what you're saying.

After last week's disappointing show, I'm kind of hoping for a good one tonight.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Merry Christmas

Status

I think Charlotte will be the next woman called up, think Sasha will be in NXT for a while yet.

I get worried for any NXT talent going to the main roster, but to be fair with the exception of Bo Dallas, Kruger, they've had success with Cesaro, Wyatts, Shield, Big E...to an extent. Paige, so really I am not too worried for those going up. And I think the current batch has more than enough talent to succeed.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    I think Charlotte will be the next woman called up, think Sasha will be in NXT for a while yet.

I get worried for any NXT talent going to the main roster, but to be fair with the exception of Bo Dallas, Kruger, they've had success with Cesaro, Wyatts, Shield, Big E...to an extent. Paige, so really I am not too worried for those going up. And I think the current batch has more than enough talent to succeed.
    Rusev, who I'd argue has been one the best call-ups in a long while.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    WWE better not screw up Sasha Banks when she hits the main roster. If used properly she'll be the next big star in the divas division.. Not many woman have the total package like she does.
    Well, if she gets called up and changes nothing to her act, she'll be like Emma and just be another body up there. If she gets called up and for no reason becomes over the top with her sexuality and becomes 'crazy', then they might give her a chance because that's the type of diva they love to book.

Until McMahon/Dunn's stubborn views on women's wrestling changes, it doesn't matter how talented Sasha Banks is (and she is), you'll only ever see a fraction of what she can do on the main roster.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Merry Christmas

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Talent View Post
    Rusev, who I'd argue has been one the best call-ups in a long while.
    woops. he was my first guy as well, how did I miss that? But yeah definitely one of the best singles guys to come up.

Legend In My Spare Time

Status

Not the best episode from an in-ring standpoint so far. Still entertaining though.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

- Pretty good interaction between Regal and Riley. If this was the one on WWE.com I didn't see it. New to me here. Plus I could see Riley get thrown over the announce table over and over again. Was hoping Riley wasn't on commentary tonight. >.>

- FUCKING CHRIST WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GUY DOING BACK ON NXT.....

Ugh. Fuck Adam Rose and his pathetic looking entourage. Barf. Fucking such a bummer that he was so over with the NXT crowd. First they continue to make "marking out" a thing, and they go apeshit for Rose and the Rosebuds. Lost so much respect for those dorks. It also kills me that they were trying to hype this up as "first Rhyno, then Kendrick, now Rose!" Barf. Rose got in too much. Only plus of this segment was Tyler Breeze getting disgusted by the Rosebuds and fighting them away with the selfie stick. Yay Tyler. Fuck Rose. Go the fuck back away and don't come back.

- Glad they toned down Carmella a bit and stuck her in a tamer role and abandoned the Cass/Enzo split for now.

- Liked the Bliss promo where she made her intentions set on Banks, title or not. Good stuff.

- Ugh. Sawyer Fulton looks like the biggest fucking dork still. Nice to see them try to do something different with Angelo Dawkins than "dancing black guy number 174". Wesley Blake's frog splash was really impressive.

- Ugh, Charlotte remains a walking character anomaly. And a cringe talker. Curious to see where this upset Emma stuff goes.

- Baron's going back to squashes. >.>

- Holy fuck. A man doing things in support for his wife and kids is straight up bullying a man to put his well being in jeopardy. What a fucking asshole Pretty good shit. Can't say I'm excited for Parker/Riley, though.

- FUCK YES! Crowe's in ring debut! Sorry Bull. Replaced by the CROWE. Alright scrap between Crowe and Dempsey. Once again Dempsey looks better than he did during the Corbin feud. Not huge on the slingshot splash as his finisher, though. Crowd hotter for Adam Rose than they were a man x1000 times better than Rose in Crowe is super upsetting.

- Balor vs. Owens: 3 weeks from now.

- Main event was alright. The animosity was implied, but the drama never seem to come along with it. Plus the things that they tried to choreograph differently from their past encounters were kind of predictable and easy to see though. I'm sure there will be several people that will rate this match much higher than I did. Better than Reigns chant was funny. This Is Wrestling chant was nauseating.

Another kind of eh episode of NXT. Felt sort of the same as last week. A lot of filler/useless stuff and a decent main event. The Owens/Riley stuff is entertaining, but right now, the show needs Owens in the ring, and it's missing Zayn and Neville (who might be done with NXT)
    -------
    Spoiler:

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Re: NXT Discussion - March 4th, 2015: I'M GONNA KICK YOUR

Yeah, decent show. Best part was Owens messing with Riley some more, Crowe's debut match, and Breeze using the selfie stick against the Rosebuds. Main event wasn't too shabby either I suppose.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Letterboxd

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

People's Champion

Status

The Women's Title match was good. I am looking forward to the new stories of the division with Alexa going after Sasha and the whole Bayley and Emma stuff. I like the Owens and Riley stuff developing too.

Merry Christmas

Status

WWE NXT Re: NXT Discussion - March 4th, 2015: I'M GONNA KICK YOUR

Rose vs Breeze
    For the love of god let this be a one off for Rose, I do not want to see him back on NXT. Wasn't he recently fighting his rosebuds on Raw? Now their all pally again? Anyway the match wasn't really there. Once Rose was done dancing around in circles, pandering to a crowd now proven to cheer for anything. Breeze finished him off fairly quickly. Not a good start but I am glad Breeze's run continues, he's been doing really well lately and as I say each week is fast becoming one of my favourites on NXT. The whole Rosebuds not moving out the way thing was weird, and I was disappointed he didn't whack the fat girl with the selfie stick.

Blake and Murphy vs ??
    I didn't catch these guys names and couldn't be bothered to find out. Another quick match, good for the champs to get the win but it didn't really feel like much going other these 2 who I never heard of. I'm still not sold on this tag team, they need to cut some promo's make me give a dam about them, because all I know is one is an Aussie...that's it. Other than that they are as generic as their opponents tonight. Also I'm not big on the frog splash, it's been done by some really popular guys and I would prefer something more original.

Enzo and Cass sounded like they were saying they had to win a number one contender match before facing the champs. This confused me as I though they did that with the Vaudevillians? Hope they take the titles when they do get around to it, but my prediction is, they won't.

*Charlotte/Baley/Emma*
    Charlotte needs to go heel already! I think she plays the cocky "I'm better than you" much better. And like here we keep getting glimpses of it, now the titles out her hands, go for it! As for Emma, I really really dislike her. She obviously bombed on the main roster, hasn't won since being back on NXT and just comes across as a like that girl in college who sits alone in her room and cuts herself if you won't be her bff...she is hot though.

*Rhyno*
    Looks like he is here to stay, I'm all for it. He probably would have got lost in the mix on the main roster so glad he is in NXT. Gonna give the younger guys some good matches and help with promo's and stuff.

Corbin vs Briggs
    Again never heard of Briggs. They seen to be really thin on talent tonight. Corbin still continues to looks stoned and lost. And since beating Dempsey 3 in a row has just gone back to squashes rather than progressing forward. The commentators think it will be a matter of time till he's number one contender. I don't see how when he hasn't beaten anyone credible!

Also I found it great how Owens just popped up behind Riley. He's really got the prison shower thing going on behind Riley, ie. Rileys about to get F****d. Didn't do alot this time but it's led to Riley going back to the ring and coming off commentary, which I think deserves a.....

*Zayn*
    Promo was ok, would have rather he just played up being hurt than having to go home and think. Can;t wait to see him back.

Crowe vs Dempsey
    I dislike Corbin but at least he is winning. Dempsey coming out of that feud with zero momentum stil lcan't find it anywhere and continues to loose. Kind of stuck in purgatory right now, floating about with no direction. The match was alright, again not too long...this obviously is all giving more time to the women later on, which is a good thing. Crowe with the ring, kind of missed his finisher because tubby Dempsey kind of blocked the view, but Crowe continues strong, and not a bad guy to go over.

Banks vs Charlotte - Womens Title
    Now when was the last time a womens/divas match given 15 minutes on ANY show or PPV? I don't know either. Yes we've seen this a few times now but they still pulled out a pretty good match. Sasha was an absolute star! Playing her role as the heel beautifully. First she tries to get out of the match and do a runner. Then she proceeds to for the most part DOMINATE Charllotte, much like Owens has done to Zayn. I mean she was bending and twisting Charlotte in every direction. And to finish she uses the ropes to get the pin! Brilliant. She know;s she is good enough to beat Charlotte but would rather get out of the match or go for the sneak finish. Great psychology from the champ and a deserving winner. I can't see Charlottes rise to the main roster being all that fat away so hopefully Sasha can now move on, Bliss maybe?

Mediocre show, up until a pretty good main event. I think they kept the big guns in Itami, Balor, Owens, Neville off the card to help give the womens match more importance and I am glad it got the time it did. And the end was rather beautiful as I leave you with this image.

Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Want to know yet another difference between WWE and NXT. In WWE, the William Regal/Alex Riley segment would of passed without Riley bringing up NXT history where Regal did what Riley wants to do now and Regal giving a logical reason for why he can't allow history to repeat itself. Because in the WWE little tidbits of historical continuity that aid a storyline aren't important. This was a segment that rewarded viewers for REMEMBERING something that happened in the past. I loved this, and I love Regal's brand of GM'ing. 10 points to NXT for logic!

This show took a nose dive after 1 second after the credits. Why is the cancer of professional wrestling, Adam Rose, back in NXT? It's like the one show we can be free of his Exotic Express bullshit. I also threw up Nicky at them playing off like this was the same as Rhyno and The Brian Kendrick returning to NXT. I did chuckle at him losing within a few minutes to superior talent. Now fuck off and don't come back.

SWEET BOY FROSTED FLAKES WESLEY BLAKE Refreshing to see laid back Enzo and Cass, I liked this.

Bliss is hot, and this is the best she's ever spoke before. Fresh faces needed in the women's division so I welcome her back with open arms.

Angelo Dawkins looks different....although I'm just getting a shit Shelton Benjamin vibe from him now. I wasn't particularly impressed by this tag team match. I still feel like we need more depth to Blake and Murphy than what they are giving us. Looks like Shoot Nation is coming to TV.

Man, I forgot how badly Emma sucked at talking. This segment was bad, all three girls are really rough around the edges when it comes to stuff like this.

Corbin squash Angry Riley though. As much as I'm digging Owens being a dick and am now into seeing a match between the two of them, it's still Alex Riley, and I have a hard time believing he'll be any better than he was 3 years ago when he last tried this wrestling gig.

If Solomon Crowe's finisher is going to be a weak ass slingshot splash, they might as well of called him Joey Splashwater Honestly, that's more underwhelming than Hideo switching finishers every week. Because they will always want him to do that in front of the hard camera, every Crowe match will now end with some lame set up of his opponent falling onto his back in the perfect spot, it'll be the NXT 619. If I wasn't a fan of Sami from his indy days, I wouldn't care about Crowe from what I've seen so far. Disappointing.

Nice main event, I don't know if it was the best Sasha/Charlotte match, but I don't think it was the worst. It was lacking drama because we knew Sasha would win, and the finish is odd because that feels like they aren't finished with them yet, but a good women's match all the same.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Comeback King

Status

I actually enjoyed this week's episode although we are definitely missing Zayn, Neville and in-ring Owens. Adam Rose was so over and I don't understand why but it was all good in the end as Breeze picked up the win. They seem to be pushing Tyler once again which gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Breeze is the man!

Owens and Riley stuff was probably the best thing about the show and I actually am excited about a Riley in-ring return because of this...

WHAT A THEME!

Main event was fine but as people have said we have seen a lot of Sasha Banks and Charlotte going one-on-one so it was a struggle to keep things fresh. Intrigued to see who gets the next shot at Sasha. It could be Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch or Emma in my opinion.

Looking forward to seeing Balor vs. Owens in a few weeks time. Should be all sorts of fun.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Killer opening vingette. Great stuff, acknowledging that 'Hey, Regal did both wrestling and commentating for a bit too, didn't he? Why can't Alex Riley?' Because you can't juggle both successfully without being destroyed in one aspect, that's why. Oh, NXT, I love it when you reward people for having working memories with little tidbits like this. Should set a strong focus on what the rest of the show will be like, eh?

- WHAT. Adam Rose? On MY NXT? This is how you follow up the stunning returns of Rhyno and THE Brian Kendrick? With Adam 'Worst Wrestler of the Year, Two Years in a Row, with Two Different Gimmicks' Rose? THAT Adam Rose? Damn. Disregard the above statement.

My supreme distaste for Adam fucking Rose aside, thank fuck for Tyler Breeze and his antics in this. Almost literally beating Adam rose with one move after the character drama between the two for the duration of the match, and him using the selfie stick as a godamned sword to cleave a path through a group of obviously high Rosebuds are all the more reasons to love this man to bits. Bless Tyler Breeze and everything his gorgeous heart does.

- Huh. An Enzo/Cass promo that sounds semi serious, yet still worked with Enzo's quirkyness and whatnot. Solid stuff.

- I continue to attest to the fact that when it comes to names, Dubstep Cowboys > Wesley Blake & Buddy Murphy > Blake & Murphy. They have first names, guys. Embrace it.

What? Angelo Dawkins, you're not Dancing Black Guy #512? Sawyer Fulton, you're not Awful 2007-era C-A-W? You guys have... matching ring gear? Is this a... sorta new tag team? Okay, I can dig this. Obviously there's far better tag teams in NXT at the moment, but more numbers can't hurt. Plus with Jason Jordan & Tye Dillinger not being bros anymore there's an open slot for WGTG 3.0.

- WHY IS EVERYONE BEING A BUTTHOLE TO BAYLEY. Emma plz.

I mean, Emma does have a point. Wether that point is 'NICENESS WILL GET YOU NOWHERE, BAYLEY', or 'Raw is an empty, desolate wasteland where hopes and dreams go to die and everything that you love about yourself will be exaggerated to the point of flanderization or downplayed to it being nonexistant and your unique, original character will simply become Crazy Chick #34 or, god forbid, Wrestler's Girlfriend #91,' who knows.

Still, though, potential character evolvement for Bayley? Yay?

- Baron Corbin, right back to squashing n00bs. How things change.

RIP Tony Briggs. Lol at the 'BROOD HARDER' sign right next to Carbin's post-match brooding.

- ohhey, Kevin Owens what's up.

Holy shit they actually got a crowd to chant for Alex Riley without sarcasm or irony. Man, NXT is good at giving things I hate something that makes me hate them less. Usually. Interested to see how he fares against CJ Parker next week. Perhaps he's improved offscreen as a wrestler while his commentary drove us all insane.

Also lol at the only person coming close to doing significant damage to Kevin Owens, current NXT Champion and sociopathic destroyer of all things loveable, is local punching bag CJ Parker when he botched an open palm strike and nearly drove Kevin's nose into his frontal lobe. Guy's got a point.

- So, this is Solomon Crowe. I'm not sure how to feel? I mean, it seems like he's all these different ideas shoved into one guy. One guy's shouting for a hacker, another is shouting for a barbarian, another is shouting for a visually poor, telegraphed finisher, another guy has been playing F-Zero all day and wants some representation of that. It's like someone mixed and matched bits and pieces of clashing ideas into one guy and I'm not sure if it all fits. Perhaps he can make it work in time. In any case, it's tough to base this off his debut match against Bull Dempsey. I'll give it time, but I'm not entirely sold as of yet.

- Solid enough main event with Sasha Banks & Charlotte. Fairly enjoyable, not the worst encounter between the two, but hopefully the last for a while. Props to them for trying to bring more stuff to the table that they havn't done in previous matches, that's always a good thing.

Spoiler:

Indy Talent

Status

Was there any follow up to Tye Dillinger and Jason Jordan? I thought Jordan said he was gonna cut a promo this week.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish Billy View Post
    Was there any follow up to Tye Dillinger and Jason Jordan? I thought Jordan said he was gonna cut a promo this week.
    On this week's show? No.

It's not uncommon for a feud or story on NXT to briefly skip a show. It's only a one hour show and there's usually a fair amount of feuds going on at the same time, so it wouldn't surprise me if the continuation of the Jordan/Dillinger troubles, being a relatively minor thing at this point, would be saved for next week.

Spoiler:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information