Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Wrestlemania 31 - 2nd Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

WWE Wrestlemania 31 - 2nd Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    The legacy of WWE Hall of Famer Andre the Giant will loom large at WrestleMania 31, as a legion of Superstars will enter Levi’s® Stadium with the goal of winning the 2nd Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

The prestigious over-the-top-rope Battle Royal — a tribute to the iconic “Eighth Wonder of the World,” who was also known as “The King of the Battle Royal” — premiered at last year’s WrestleMania 30. There, 31 Superstars duked it out for the right to win a gigantic trophy created in Andre’s likeness. The wild brawl culminated when Cesaro unforgettably bodyslammed the 425-pound Big Show over the top and to the floor to become the inaugural victor.

So far, the following competitors have added their names to this year’s Andre the Giant Battle Royal lineup:

-The Miz
    -Curtis Axel
    -Ryback
    -Fandango
    -Adam Rose
    -Zack Ryder
    -Jack Swagger
    -Titus O'Neil
    -Darren Young
    -Big Show
    -Kane

-Erick Rowan
    -Damien Mizdow
    -Sin Cara
    -Goldust
    -Heath Slater
    -Mark Henry
    -Konnor
    -Viktor

Which other Superstars will join the fray as the WWE Universe races down The Road to WrestleMania? And once the match field is final, which Superstar will find the strength and intestinal fortitude to outlast the pack of grapplers, brawlers and juggernauts at The Show of Shows?

Find out when the 2nd Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal takes place at WrestleMania 31, which airs live on WWE Network Sunday, March 29!
    Last edited by Order; 03-26-2015 at 05:32 AM.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: WWE Wrestlemania 31 - 2nd Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

Hate this for a Mania match, I think it's lazy booking just giving a load of guys a spot on the card for the sake of it. Ryback is my early favourite, wouldn't be surprised with an Axelmania win!

On Vacation

Status

I hope this gets moved to the pre show.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

I wish that the winner of this would actually get a decent rub, or at least get some sort of title match in the future. It just seems that Cesaro won it last year, and carried a trophy around for a few months, and didn't do anything really special. Its kind of like the Royal Rumble was (in my opinion) before 1992 when the winner was crowned the WWF Champion. Then it seemed to finally meant something, and the following years guaranteeing a title shot made it sweeter. I'm in no way saying give the winner a WWE title shot. Maybe an IC title shot.

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

It didn't do much for Cesaro last year but in theory winning the Battle Royal should be a way to elevate someone who is lost in the shuffle

Possible Winners.....Ryback....Ziggler...Harper...Rowan

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Ziggler won't be in it. Prob IC title match

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Ziggler won't be in it. Prob IC title match
    Pfft, you say that like you actually believe the IC belt is going to be defended at the show. They'll probably just stick the current champ and his contenders in this so they can save time for Sting and HHH's entrances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Pfft, you say that like you actually believe the IC belt is going to be defended at the show. They'll probably just stick the current champ and his contenders in this so they can save time for Sting and HHH's entrances.

Lol, you have a point there. Also, if we get a United States Championship match, I wonder if they would even do the IC match? Not very often both Mid Card titles are defended at WrestleMania.

GMT Baby

Status

It all depends how it is used, but there is so much potential for something like this to give somebody a big rub, the same goes for the IC title and the US title.

They mean nothing because we are taught that they mean nothing, and it is a vicious cycle because we think of them as irrelevant, and don't react to the matches, and so they think we don't care about the titles and so they make us think they are meaningless with crappy booking. And then the cycle repeats.

Imagine if Cena were to beat Rusev and celebrate it like he had won the WWE title, instantly it would mean more and subsequently whoever beat Cena to win it would get the knock-on effect of that.

But nope, not gonna happen, not no way, not no how. The Battle Royal winner will forget he won it, and so will the commentators by 2 weeks post-Mania.

Legend In My Spare Time

Status

I'm sure most of us have the similar feelings for this match etc, but nothing is ever going to top this...(maybe not even you Andre, sorry)

and the MONUMENTAL FAILURE that followed...

Team Canada

Status

Just thinking of another way to book this

Sandow finally stands up for himself and either eliminates Miz or ignores Miz's instructions and wins the match

Roman Empire (3/29/15)

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps View Post
    I wish that the winner of this would actually get a decent rub, or at least get some sort of title match in the future. It just seems that Cesaro won it last year, and carried a trophy around for a few months, and didn't do anything really special. Its kind of like the Royal Rumble was (in my opinion) before 1992 when the winner was crowned the WWF Champion. Then it seemed to finally meant something, and the following years guaranteeing a title shot made it sweeter. I'm in no way saying give the winner a WWE title shot. Maybe an IC title shot.
    Funny you say that... They're thinking about making it for the Intercontinental Championship.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Mouth View Post
    Funny you say that... They're thinking about making it for the Intercontinental Championship.
    Is there some kind of source on that?

Seems odd to do when the trophy is already a prize, albeit not as important as a title of course. Then again, given how poorly the winner of the trophy AND the IC champ have been treated, maybe there shouldn't be a prize at all.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Scoundrel

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post

Would you care to revise this statement Fooj?

Scumbag Role Model

Status

To be fair, it wasn't really the idea that winning the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal didn't do anything to help Cesaro, because it did in a sense. It's still a pretty solid bragging right and his elimination of Big Show is still an epic moment. It was killing a pending face turn by pairing him with the most villainous person in the WWE at the time that didn't help Cesaro and the booking team fuck botched the perfect opportunity to elevate Cesaro to the next level, which is what the Battle Royal victory was done for.

Waiting for more names to be announced before I try to actually pick a name. My guess was this was going to be a platform to help a returning Sheamus, but who knows. Harper's a good shout because he's kind of in the same place Cesaro was around this time last year: consistently solid in-ring guy, kind of in a yield section right now. My only fear is could a Harper revival not get botched like the Cesaro victory.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Regal or Riot View Post
    Would you care to revise this statement Fooj?
    Sure, I'll admit I was wrong. It's not like it was ludicrous to think that they wouldn't have a match for it though, given their track record and all. That being said, at least it puts to bed the equally ludicrous, non-sourced rumour that the BR was going to be for the IC Title.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Legend In My Spare Time

Status

Also, Adam Rose and Fandango are entered for the Andre.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Can't help but feel this is Shemus's match to win right now

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Talent View Post
    Harper's a good shout because he's kind of in the same place Cesaro was around this time last year: consistently solid in-ring guy, kind of in a yield section right now.
    No he's not. The only thing similar about the two is that they're solid in-ring guys. Both are at opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of where they were at this time last year. Cesaro was winning quite a few matches, was in the main event of for the world title the PPV before WM, beat the champ prior to that PPV, etc. Harper hasn't done shit. The only guy he's beat on TV this year has been Erick Rowan.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

So... here's a thought I just had; not knowing the status of Lesnar's contract negotiations, this would be the perfect opportunity to create a number one contender for Extreme Rules. The winner of this can use it as bragging rights on the RAW following 'Mania and insert himself into the champions (Reigns) eyeline. Personally, I'd like to see Cesaro "defend" his trophy this year, regardless of his team with Kidd. I'd also like to see him win and take on Reigns at Extreme Rules, purely for the fact that he and Reigns could have a stellar fucking match in any environment, never mind one that has in built gimmicks to it.

It's not going to happen... but I like the idea of it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information