Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: NXT General Discussion

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Re: NXT General Discussion

So, I was listening to Bayley on the Austin podcast and he randomly decided to put on her match with Sasha at the first Brooklyn TakeOver and I decided to watch along as they discussed it. Couple of things; first, it's adorable how much Steve Austin fucking loves wrestling still and how big a fan he is of Bayley and Sasha and this match in particular, and second, I miss Bayley and Sasha - the main roster Vince-ified versions suck in comparison to the NXT versions, who were just allowed to go in the ring and didn't have to fuck around with bullshit story lines and angles that waterd down who they are! Sasha starts the match mocking Bayley for her tributes to Dusty and it reminded me instantly of those fucking awful promos WWE fed to Charlotte where she would run down Bayley for being a fan of wrestling (as if that's a bad thing) and what was worse was that Bayley didn't really ever have a comeback - like, fine, if Charlotte hates wrestling fans tell that story and explain why and let Bayley be smart enough to see what is behind the anger, don't have your heel run down your top babyface in a way that also insults your fans and then not have her get her comeuppance!

Basically, I miss when these girls had layers to them and Bayley wasn't getting jobbed out and treated like a little girl that can't cut it when this match proves she can. Legitimately excellent match.

"I'M PICKLE RRIIIIIICCCKKKKK!!!"

Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr

Pain does not lie

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Puerto Rico

I remember hearing excerpts from the Podcast with Bayley and Austin to where they were talking about how she would play a heel right? I think she compared if she were to ever go heel, she would play up similar to Eddie Guerrero in his WCW days. She said to the effect that he was miserable looking and played up his character so well, she would then want to play up the character the same way. Raiz is this the same Podcast to where Bayley talks about changing her look as a face as well?

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

nah NXT bayley still sucked

But the booking for her character was very well done and there's a reason why she's universally adored. I'm far from her biggest fan but I thought her NXT Women's Title reign was a good lesson in booking a good babyface reign.

It's unfortunate where she's at now but honestly I don't care she's getting buried on live television. Not gonna cry about it. Also I have no confidence in her playing a heel character, especially an Eddie Guerrero/brooding type
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I remember hearing excerpts from the Podcast with Bayley and Austin to where they were talking about how she would play a heel right? I think she compared if she were to ever go heel, she would play up similar to Eddie Guerrero in his WCW days. She said to the effect that he was miserable looking and played up his character so well, she would then want to play up the character the same way. Raiz is this the same Podcast to where Bayley talks about changing her look as a face as well?
    I think those are from the same podcast yeah, they did two because Steve is legitimately a Bayley mark and was fanboying out over her... which was adorable because Bayley was doing the same thing with him. The first was mostly her road to WWE right up to now and the second was them talking about how her character seems to be cooling down and what steps she's looking to take from here to get back into the top spot. They ended up watching the Brooklyn match because a) Steve was making a point about how her character worked as kid-friendly but still had fight and fire, compared to how they booked at Extreme Rules being too afraid to swing a kendo stick at someone who'd just spent weeks humiliating her, and b) it's one of Austin's favourite matches of recent years and he has watched it multiple times since first seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    nah NXT bayley still sucked

But the booking for her character was very well done and there's a reason why she's universally adored. I'm far from her biggest fan but I thought her NXT Women's Title reign was a good lesson in booking a good babyface reign.

It's unfortunate where she's at now but honestly I don't care she's getting buried on live television. Not gonna cry about it. Also I have no confidence in her playing a heel character, especially an Eddie Guerrero/brooding type
    I'm not the biggest Bayley fan myself but NXT Bayley was booked well, whereas RAW Bayley isn't. At all. They're missing an opportunity with her all because whoever is writing her stuff just doesn't get her and she's slipping down the pecking order on the roster and getting left behind when she is/was a legitimate draw for young girls, which is an audience they want to cater to but the large majority of their writers have no experience with. Bayley in NXT was plain and simple, a fan who realised her dream and was happy to be there but not afraid to get her hands dirty if needed to keep the dream alive... Bayley on RAW is a little girl in an adults body who just wants to hug everyone and doesn't understand that wrestling is a combat sport.

"I'M PICKLE RRIIIIIICCCKKKKK!!!"

Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

So I've had this typed up and saved for about... two months, before speedwatching though the past two weeks of NXT made me feel like I had to say something.

I feel like there's an issue with NXT no-one really wants to acknowledge. It's not the developmental brand with maybe one or two indy names to draw viewers anymore. Now it's 90% indy names and maybe 10% developmental guys if the moon is full. It's a problem I feel with NXT, in that not one of those indy names feel like they belong or need NXT, they're just down here because there's either not enough space on the main roster, or WWE just doesn't want them competing and bringing attention to anywhere else. It's all indy guys coming in at random times turning NXT into WWE's Indy Lite. Indy Guys arrive with the 'Hottest Free Agent' tagline and that's it for a month or two before the next Hottest Free Agent arrives, all the while the talent that need NXT languishes.

The appeal of NXT, back in the day, was watching promising talent of today hone their craft and improve their skills to become potential stars of tomorrow. Yeah it was sometimes slow, and sometimes the only thing worth watching twice would be the main event, but there was a journey. You watched the wrestlers grow before you, find their niche, find a gimmick that fitted them. Mike Dalton turning into Tyler Breeze. Sasha Banks growing from lackey to boss. Charlotte learning how to work. Jason Jordon finding Chad Gable. Tye Dillinger turning into the Perfect 10. Bo Dallas growing from cheesy, irritating babyface into a delusional heel that genuinely thinks he's a face. There's very little of that now. Indy Guys come in as themselves and that's it. They don't need to find something to suit them, they're already a finished package. There's no development journey. Outside of Velveteen Dream, No Way Jose, and AoP, who's the most regular NXT Developmental Guy in appearances? Buddy Murphy? He hasn't been seen on TV for like a year despite being godamned amazing. Wesley Blake, Steve Cutler? Supposedly tagging but you wouldn't know that because they're never on NXT. Otis Dozovic & Tucker Knight, Heavy Machinery? Cool dudes, but they sprung up out of nowhere and called out AoP with no visible journey for them before losing and disappearing once more. Hell, Angelo Dawkins just got on TV for the first time in like a year with something akin to a fair chance of a solid gimmick. That's something. That's progression in a journey.

This isn't to say NXT right now isn't good, because that's not the point. NXT's great. Arguably one of the consistently good weekly highlights in wrestling, partially due to the aforementioned Indy Guys. And this isn't a slag off on the Indy Guys themselves, despite me not knowing a thing about 90% of them I can quite clearly see that they know what they're doing, they're very good at it, and have brought more attention to NXT than admittedly all of the NXT developmental talent have combined. I already quite like a fair few of them, and those I don't I can probably grow to accept (except for Roderick Strong but that's beside the point).

I still thoroughly enjoy and like it, but the NXT I feel in love with, where I could watch rookie wrestlers grow and find themselves, seems to have vanished amid all the indy signings clogging up the roster. Nowadays, NXT doesn't feel like NXT, and I kinda miss that.
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 08-12-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Thread Information