Thread: NXT Discussion - February 18, 2015: This Is Not A Test

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

WWE NXT NXT Discussion - February 18, 2015: This Is Not A Test

NXT TakeOver: Rival Fallout

After an unbelievable NXT TakeOver event last Wednesday, where Kevin Owens cut Sami Zayn's title reign short in forcing referees and medical staff to stop the main event, how will the new NXT Champion feel about his actions on NXT tonight? He has said he always fights for a prize and he now holds the most valuable prize in NXT. Finn Balor defeated Adrian Neville at the Rival event to become the new number one contender for the NXT Championship. Will the Irishman have a message for the champion?

For a couple of weeks there has been mysterious interruptions to the NXT broadcasts and at TakeOver it was confirmed that this so-called 'hacker' would be present tonight on NXT. Who will it be? Why are they interrupting broadcasts?

Tune in to NXT on the WWE Network tonight to find all this out and more!
    Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 02-18-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Re: NXT Discussion - February 18, 2015

I haven't read the spoilers so I don't know what's coming up.

I can't call how they're going to play Balor as #1 contender, seems like that would be big enough to main event the next NXT Special but that's likely 3 months away, Sami's owed a rematch, but I could see them having Zayn off for weeks again to sell the injures from Owens. My guess would be Balor losses to Owens somewhere in the next 4-6 weeks, and Zayn gets a rematch for the next special.

Pumped like mad to see Crowe debut.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

On Vacation

Status

GORE! GORE! GORE!

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

- I feel like sometime around the summer, we're going to see Owens vs. Regal.

- Kevin Owens promo to open the show was good. Dug the hot crowd during it too. I love Owens continuing the press that he's only destroying everyone for the benefit of his family. So good.

- Fucking Rhino It was cool to see him again I reckon. Crowd went ape shit, which made it worthwhile. Brennan did a good job of selling the appearance, stating that NXT is also the place to go to attempt a comeback.

- Gah, Balor needs saving on the stick.

- I know it's redundant and useless to question Enzo Amore's appearance, but what the fuck was on his face? Jesus. Not the best decision maker. Nice to see them squash the Enzo/Colin beef stuff and push them as the next contenders, though I don't see them taking the titles. Poor Vaudevillians. After that cringe worthy attempt at being heels from Blake and Murphy, you'd wish they would have just rolled with The Vaudevillians as champs. Blake should not take the lead on any promos. Just not a good talker. The hitting on Carmella attempts I think were amusing for the wrong reasons. It's like the crowd was booing Blake and Murphy because you couldn't take them seriously and that they sounded like giant dorks. Blake especially. The Enzo impression was sort of funny, but man. That was kind of hard to get through. Still solid ring performers, but I'm slowly putting the breaks on the Murphy and Blake bandwagon.

- Neville promo >.> Aside from Owens, not a good night of talking thus far.

- Fucking FINALLY. We got Crowe. Dug the crowd popping hard for Crowe crashing Parker's protest. And I fucking love that snapback splash, though I hope that's not his finisher. FUCK. So glad Crowe is finally here. It's been a year and a half overdue.

- The way the production team goes all out for Blue Pants is very amusing to say the least. Can't blame them. She's fucking OVER. More over than Sasha, it seemed. Fun little match between the two. Who the fuck is this Greg guy? Haven't heard his last name yet. He's just Greg

- Main event was a damn good one. Loved Owens trying to start the match the same way he did against Zayn. Both guys looked really good. Neville brought it. The 450 off the ring apron was a fun spot. Fantastic.

Very entertaining post-Rival show. The show established the Era of Owens very well. A lot of crowd pleasing stuff as well. Rhyno's return was good for those who eat up nostalgia and feel good moments. AND CROWE IS HERE!
    Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 02-18-2015 at 10:08 PM.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Re: NXT Discussion - February 18, 2015: This Is Not A Test

Enjoyed tonight's episode looking forward to Balor vs Owens. Really enjoyed seeing Rhyno return. Hope it's not a one time deal for him he could be good for NXT for putting some of the younger guys over. Wouldn't mind seeing him take on Bull Dempsey at some point.

Status

Good episode to follow up Takeover. As stated by other, really looking forward to the Owens/Balor match down the line. Gunna be sweet.

Awesome seeing Rhyno again. Complete shocker and to see the crowd mark out like that made it even better. Good, quick squash.

Good win for Enzo and Cass. Feel bad for the Vaudevillians though. Fuck Blake and Murphy.

Sasha is awesome and her finisher combo is dope. Big fan.

Crowe's debut was alright, but it was way too random and quick. He was gone in a flash. Seems like there could have been a better way to introduce him.

Main event was rad. Neville's deadlift german suplex was insane.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Good start to the new era.

- Lovely video package from NXT Rival

- Regal's anger at Owens has been slowly growing since R Evolution, if ever Regal is going to lace up his boots again, it's gonna be to face Owens. Such a great GM.

- They seem to be going down a Walter White direction with Kevin Owens whereby he's doing bad things to earn more money, but it's all for a better life for his family. The applause he was getting when he mentioned his family was surreal, he's the #1 heel, but I think there's a lot of people who can relate to his motives (and just love Owens from the indys)

- Rhyno's a huge shock, that's a real shift away from calling NXT the developmental brand if they're now playing up this idea that old superstars are seeing NXT as their way of getting their career back on track. Crowd were molten for Rhyno. I'll need to see how this plays out first before passing judgement, because as much as people can say 'he'll put the young guys over', that's fine but he's also taking up the space of the younger guys who made NXT what it is today. I just worry about bringing in vets like this is going to reduce the TV time of the likes of Tyler Breeze even more.

- good win for Enzo and Big Cass, I was hoping they'd be next in line to challenge the tag champs. Speaking of which, man that was a weird way to start a program between them. They are not good on the microphone and just looked like 2 dorks, they're like 2 Bo Dallas', given a surprise title push when their characters weren't developed and they're gonna have to evolve them during the reign as they go along.

- Greg is weird.

- I'm just happy Crowe is finally here, even if his debut didn't set the world on fire. Hopefully that rebound splash isn't his finisher and more of a signature move.

- I can't believe Blue Pants got an official match card graphic That is so awesome. We need her Big Cass entrance music back though. Fun match for Sasha to start her reign off on the right note.

- Really good Main Event, that dead lift German suplex was a thing of beauty. NXT IS OWENS.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

WWE NXT Re: NXT Discussion - February 18, 2015: This Is Not A Test

*Neville/Owens, I'm down with that. Am I right in saying this is Owens 4th match in NXT? Looking forward to it.*

Opening - Straight forward address by Owens. I like his style, short sweet and to the point. A lot of respect for him. It would seem odd if he moved on to Balor now. I know he is number one contender but obviously Sami has unfinished business and will get a rematch, he will probably be off tv for a little while to sell his injuries but I wouldn't mind him coming back and turning the title match, presumably at the next Takeover in to a triple threat.

RHYNOOOOO! Wow I marked out. And I thought I got excited when Bubba showed up at the Rumble...this tops that! GORE! So pumped to see Rhyno, don't expect him to have a long run on NXT before slipping behind the scenes as a trainer or something. Awesome moment. Stare down with Balor, future tangle?

Enzo and Cass vs Gotch and English -
    Been a little while since the Vaudy's been in the ring, even longer for Ebzo/Cass. Nice to see them on something other than promoting Carm. I wasn't surprised they won, but did not expect it to be so quick. I guess they are being lined up for the titles now. The tag division needs a bit of work a the moment, Ascension gone, Cara and Kalisto could be going separate ways. So you need to make teams like this look strong, I'm glad Enzo/Cass got the win but you can't run a division on 2 teams, they need to do some work on building the Vaudevillains back up as they are stuck in a bit of a slump.

- It's Crowe time!!!!! That was cool, quick beatdown, little talk, can't wait for more. It's about dam time.

*Love the Mania theme!*

Banks vs Blue Pants - Blue Pants gets a real entrance, kind of. Awesome. Love Blue Pants. Kicking Sasha out the ring was a cool move. Although predictably the champ picked up the win. Looked good doing it. I wonder when Charlotte gets her rematch? I just had a brain wave of Sasha vs AJ on the main roster, man that would rock.

Neville vs Owens - Match begun and I thought this would just be a slow picking apart of Neville, but he put up an incredible fight. Moonsault outside the ring 450!!!! off the apron. Incredible. Took Owens as far as anyone has. Came out of that looking so good. But Owens turns into the machine, hits a big power bomb and wins it. Number 2 NXT TV MOTY so far behind Neville/Zayn rematch? I think so. Great ending to the show.

Comeback King

Status

WWE NXT NXT Review

Good episode this week with a real shift to new stories after TakeOver.

Regal is such a great GM and I can really see him facing Owens in a few months if the tension keeps building. Owens' opening promo was simple but effective. He really is impressive on the mic.

Rhyno! I had read the spoilers and saw he had returned but man did it come off amazing. That pop from the Full Sail crowd was better than anything I had imagined. As Ed said the jury is out as to seeing what happens with him and anyone else they might bring in like him. Intrigued to see if he faces Balor after their backstage altercation.

Enzo and Cass picking up the win was fine with me and it is about time they get a tag team titles shot in NXT. I am really not sure what to make of Blake and Murphy at the moment. They were good in the ring at TakeOver but I am really not getting or enjoying their gimmick or character. Are they suddenly heels? It would seem so.

Sasha Banks is my new favourite thing in life, I want to be her friend. Blue Pants can suck it. Sasha rules the world.

Main event was awesome and right up there as one of the matches of the month in my opinion. Neville looked great throughout but we all knew Owens wasn't going to lose. NXT booking of the main event scene is so consistently good! Wonder if that might be Neville done in NXT now as I don't know where they could go with him to be honest.

NXT rocks my world.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I hope he sticks Around a bit longer, consistently great performer. I'm really worried his character will get lost in the shuffle when he goes up, or they change his character and it doesn't click

MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Status

Ooooooooooooooollllllllllllll...

BLUE PANTSSSSS

HOSS MOD

Status

*Wrestler. Commentator. GM. Is there anything that William Regal completely sucks at? Short intro promo to this new age of NXT is short and very effective. I'd ask why this man isn't doing something on the main roster, but that would imply that I want him to leave NXT.

*Speaking of efficient promos, our NEW NXT Champion's pretty darn good at that too. Kevin Owens is going to make NXT his bitch and it's going to be a fantastic ride. Best booked character in wrestling? Best booked character in wrestling.

*GORE. It's cool to see Rhyno back, and with all the well-deserved hype that NXT's been getting, I'm not surprised they're branching out as not just a developmental for the newer talent but a wellspring for returning talent to revitalize their careers. However, I much like Ed hope that they don't go too far with that. Although the prospect of Finn Balor vs Rhyno is rather intriguing.

*There. Crowe debuted. You motherfuckers happy NOW? Pretty solid debut. Beating up hippies is always a win.

*Hopefully this prospective feud between the Realest Guys and Blake and Murphy will reel back some of the whole "Carmella's bitchiness is overshadowing Enzo and Cass's awesome" that has been permeating and threatening to break up the most entertaining duo in NXT. Solid match with the Vaudevillains.

*Blue Pants = Still the most over wrestler on NXT. She even got to wrestle for more than a minute this time, so kudos! Sasha still owns, though.

*Man, that main event between Owens and Neville was good as fuck. Owens being the delightfully dickish family guy and Neville being the pintsized master of DA POWAH! and aerial assaults was a helluva blend. This was a Takeover-quality main event.
    Something Witty!

Cyrus Truth
    4x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    1x FWA North American Champion
    2x CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    1x PnH International Champion

Konchu Hao
    1x FWA X Division Champion
    Ground Zero Winner (Season 2)

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Man, look at me, all fashionably late for the party.

- William Regal is, like, the best person ever. I can taste his fatherly disappointment in Kevin Owens.

- Kevin Owens, masterfully turning 'having a family' into 'being an effective heel'. Dude's walking that fine line between violent sociopath and well-meaning family man, and I love it so much. Plus, a heel actively calling out his next opponent is a refreshing change from the cowardly delay tactics I've come to expect with heels.

- RHYNO. Man, oh man. I saw the rhino graphic right at the beginning and thought 'oh, are they retooling Bull Dempsey? Can't blame them after he's been made to look like a goober for the past few months.' BUT INSTEAD IT'S RHYNO AND OH MAN, THIS IS SO GOOD. Notice the father covering his son's ears as he and the entire arena chant 'HOLY SHIT' at this. So, so good.

Balor/Rhyno at some point in the near future? Man, did my pants get tight all of a sudden or what.

- VAUDEVILLLAINS! Oh, I missed you on my screen, you loveable dorky jerks.

REALEST GUYS! Not shilling Carmella and actually competeing as a tag team! Oh, joy of joys... Enzo, why are you trying to adopt Erick Rowan's beard.

Man, I want nothing more but to watch Vaudevillains vs Realest Guys battle for a good fifteen minutes straight rather than four, buteh, time constraints and all that. I mean, it was fun for what it was worth, but painfully short considering how much I love these two.

RIP Blake & Murphy's first names. They now join the exclusive club with Cesaro & Rusev as 'we used to have first names.' They meet every second thursday to cry over losing part of their identity. For the record, when it comes to team names, Dubstep Cowboys > Wesley Blake & Buddy Murphy >>>> Blake & Murphy.

I don't know how to feel about the new personas of Blake & Murphy. For one, I'm still convinced they're super in love with each other and are just attempting to use Carmella to cover this. That aside, it's always hard to actively get behind a pair of sleazy horndogs, but then again, Blake & Murphy never really were portrayed as faces. At best, they were neutral against Vaudevillains. So, really, I can't quite shout down any character evolving no matter how cheap it seems. For now, at least.

- CROWE! About time. Wow, was I not prepared for how wild his hair is. Goodness. He doesn't look like what you'd assume a hacker would lok like at all. I don't think the hacker thing will work for the long run, but it should be a solid enough thing until he can get over on his own merits, which by the sounds of it he already half is.

Man, poor CJ Parker. I bet every new employee has to punch CJ at least twice as a hazing before they can actually start work. Like, there's a new group of interns arriving, and CJ's just cowering in the broom closet because he's NXT's punching bag. That said, he's got solid low-card heel nailed down.

then again I can't feel sorry for anyone who wears a doo-rag like that. Is that what modern day hippies wear? No wonder they're made fun of so easily.

- BLUUUUE PANTS. I love Blue Pants as NXT's in-joke.

I love Sasha Banks even more as NXT Women's Champion. Fun squash match.

- Goodness, what a fucking great main event. No surprise considering who it starred. That deadlift German Suplex, combined with Owen's panicked reaction, was pure gold. Neville is surprisingly mighty for a small stature.

Spoiler:

Legend In My Spare Time

Status
      Country                    United States

Not sure that Rhyno is moving towards a program with Finn Balor or he was just walking through a promo in a "anyone could be next" sense. Would love to see Rhyno vs. Hideo Itami.

Thread Information