Thread: WWE Fastlane 2015 - Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan (Winner faces Lesnar at Mania 31)

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

Fast Lane WWE Fastlane 2015 - Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan (Winner faces Lesnar at Mania 31)

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    Roman Reigns may have won the 2015 Royal Rumble Match, but Brock Lesnar’s opponent at WrestleMania won’t be known until Feb. 22, when Reigns and Daniel Bryan square off at WWE Fastlane for the right to challenge the beastly WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

WWE Fastlane’s huge matchup was made on the Feb. 2 Raw after WWE COO Triple H — in an effort to address The Rock’s controversial involvement in Reigns’ Royal Rumble win “head-on” — proposed that Lesnar’s WrestleMania challenger be decided in a bout between Reigns and the winner of that night’s match between Bryan and Seth Rollins. The WWE Universe’s favorite “Yes!” Man went on to defeat Mr. Money at the Bank, thanks in part to The Big Dog Superman Punching Rollins. With that, two of WWE’s most popular Superstars will meet one-on-one at WWE Fastlane, with the coveted title opportunity up for grabs.

For Reigns, the 2014 Superstar of the Year, the bout marks perhaps the penultimate hurdle on his quest to become WWE World Heavyweight Champion, an accomplishment that some suggest is almost a birthright. Born to the iconic Anoa’i family— a sports-entertainment dynasty that counts The Rock and WWE Hall of Famers Yokozuna and The Wild Samoans as members — the Superstar with the Superman Punch has been touted as a future main eventer since arriving in WWE as a member of The Shield in November 2012.

Bryan, however, is every bit as hungry for a WWE World Heavyweight Title Match at WrestleMania, if not more so. The bearded warrior shocked the world when he captured the WWE World Heavyweight Title at last year’s WrestleMania, but a serious neck injury sidelined him just as his title reign was getting underway, prompting The Authority to strip him of the championship without being beaten. Now, Bryan hopes to bring the “Yes!” Movement to even greater heights by defeating Reigns en route to challenging The Beast Incarnate.

Which WWE fan favorite will rise to the occasion in WWE Fastlane’s game-changing match? Will the juggernaut Reigns Spear his way past the absurdly skilled and double-tough underdog? Or can the fiery Bryan scratch and claw his way into the WrestleMania title match for a second year in a row?

Find out when WWE Fastlane airs live Feb. 22 on WWE Network, which is FREE for February to new subscribers!

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: WWE Fastlane 2015 - Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan (Winner faces Lesnar at Mania 3

This is WWE putting Reigns against Bryan, hoping its a great match giving Reigns more credability and making it look like he earned his spot over Bryan. In reality he's still gonna get boo'd if he beats Bryan which I think he will.

Le Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: WWE Fastlane 2015 - Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan (Winner faces Lesnar at Mania 3

I would really love it if Bryan won but I don't see them doing this two years running with him, unfortunately.

Comeback King

Status

I have no problem with Reigns beating Bryan and I have no problem with them trying to keep him face. I actually think it could work if he has the intensity he did on RAW going forwards and cuts out the cheesy Cena-esque promos. If Bryan does win I will be equally as happy. I think Reigns versus Lesnar could be a lot better than what people are expecting.

Merry Christmas

Status

I'm fine with Reigns/Lesnar. Especially if we get Bryan/Ziggler out of it. I think Reigns will get heat now no matter what. But him and Lesnar will be one hell of a match.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

What'll probably happen is they'll have a really hard fought match with Reigns coming out on top. Then they can have Bryan shake Reigns hand after the match as a show of respect. Once Bryan gives Reigns his approval the crowd may still not like it but it'll be better than how it was going into the match.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

This is exactly what Reigns needs, a longer singles match with one of the best guys in the business who can make him look better. Win or lose, this is a million times better than sloppy TV matches with The Big Show, I'm done with seeing those two wrestle for the time being.

I don't expect them to have Bryan win and switch the mania main event, I think this is Vince cleverly pouncing on the Rumble fallout to make this Feb PPV sound more attractive to fans. It works, I'm looking forward to Fastlane a lot more now.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I think this is Vince cleverly pouncing on the Rumble fallout to make this Feb PPV sound more attractive to fans.
    Vince really does need to learn though, he's the one that exposed the business and re-dubbed it sports entertainment, he's the one that showed us all that it's a work... so when guys don't get over on their win record alone it's his fault. Sure, by this point we'd all know by now, obviously, but Vince opened Pandora's box and showed us all what was inside, so now we know the inner workings - we know that the guy getting the push is getting that push because someone in the back with stroke sees something in them rather than them actually having the skill and charisma to have convinced the crowd they deserve that spot already.

What's really sad about this situation is that Reigns has the potential. If WWE hadn't got trigger happy and shot him out of a cannon when the Shield split, and then again after the hernia, then this might not be happening at all. The minute Roman went on the injured list they should've shelved the idea of him headlining 'Mania because they knew they'd be force-feeding us Reigns the same way they did Cena, and just like with Cena it's turned the crowd on him. I certainly wouldn't have brought Bryan back in time for the Rumble; all that did was show the fans another option, and it's one that they prefer.

This will be a really good match, but if Reigns isn't met with a shower of boo's when he wins I will be stunned. The fans want Bryan in the main event of 'Mania, they want him to get his proper title run, he's won their loyalty and that's not going to change just because he does the job for Reigns.

Considering the idea that Bryan does win here though, I fully expect him to be leaving 'Mania without the belt. A Bryan win here guarantees a Rollins cash-in at WrestleMania, regardless of who wins that match.

God's Gift to God

Status

Bryan beating lesnar and being cashed in on is a fucking money idea. That's what pisses me off so much.

Bryan has his moment last year. Gets injured, dad dies, career nearly over. Comes back and gets into mania again. Beats lesnar in the best David vs Goliath match in history. Celebrates in the ring. On his knees kissing the belt then CURBSTOMP out of fucking no where. Rollins leaves mania the champ. A complete 180 after last mania. Bryan is screwed by the authority again. Rollins gets nuclear heat. Bryan and rollins headline ppvs and put on MOTYC every single night. STORY. CONTINUITY. IN RING EXCELLENCE.

But nope. Let's push a guy who hasn't even been a solo act long enough to be chasing the us title let alone the Heavyweight title. Let's force him into a rumble, damage his image and credibility, then put him over the most over guy in the company and do that even more. Then have him beat the beast even though he needed rocky to help him with KANE AND BIG SHOW.

ily

Merry Christmas

Status

Doesn't help his cause getting slightly distracted by Sheild 2.0, and choke slammed by Big Show for the loss. Which by the way was his first singles loss and this was never mentioned.

Status

Welp...

(SPOILER for the match)

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan4Ever/Reddit
    I have been told and it has been 100% confirmed that Roman Reigns is indeed defeating Daniel Bryan at WWE Fast Lane.

I was also told the only reason this match was made was to quiet the "marks" for a few weeks while they try to get Roman over. Regardless of the reaction in the next few weeks, Roman is the man and will be headlining WrestleMania and defeating Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship.

I've also been told that despite his smaller size, Bryan is considered one of the more physical in ring workers in the WWE. Thus he has been picked to work with Roman to get him ready for the physicality that is Brock Lesnar. It is comparing Bryan to Curtis Axel. Bryan is the Curtis Axel to Roman's Rock.

The last reason I was given is that WWE knows full well that people are going to watch WrestleMania no matter what. I was told they could've put Doink vs. Brock Lesnar and the fans would be watching. At this point, WWE considers the WrestleMania name bigger than any of the superstars on the show.
    Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircl...wwe_fast_lane/

Merry Christmas

Status

Spoiler:

Brock vs Doink would be Amazing, never seen a clown killed before.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    Bryan beating lesnar and being cashed in on is a fucking money idea. That's what pisses me off so much.

Bryan has his moment last year. Gets injured, dad dies, career nearly over. Comes back and gets into mania again. Beats lesnar in the best David vs Goliath match in history. Celebrates in the ring. On his knees kissing the belt then CURBSTOMP out of fucking no where. Rollins leaves mania the champ. A complete 180 after last mania. Bryan is screwed by the authority again. Rollins gets nuclear heat. Bryan and rollins headline ppvs and put on MOTYC every single night. STORY. CONTINUITY. IN RING EXCELLENCE.

But nope. Let's push a guy who hasn't even been a solo act long enough to be chasing the us title let alone the Heavyweight title. Let's force him into a rumble, damage his image and credibility, then put him over the most over guy in the company and do that even more. Then have him beat the beast even though he needed rocky to help him with KANE AND BIG SHOW.

ily
    Bryan/Lesnar is money. Bryan getting screwed isn't... at least, I don't think so personally. He's just returned from a career threatening injury that followed nearly 12 months of nothing but being screwed over by the Authority at every turn (never mind the two years since WrestleMania 28 where he was legitimately the most over act on the planet and got diddly squat in return for not resting on his laurels and phoning it in while the crowd ate him up) so I honestly can't help but fear the possibility of yet another screw-job turning the fans off so much they tune out, either from Bryan himself (read; they stop believing in him) or just from the shows in general. I know if I saw Bryan get so close but miss out yet again I'd have to take a break from WWE for a while. I couldn't take another story of how the best wrestler and most over talent in the business doesn't cut it in the Authority's eyes, because that's the fact of the matter as it is - Bryan puts on the best matches, has the most fire, gets the biggest fan responses, yet he's just seen as the workhorse to put other guys over. That bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    Welp...

(SPOILER for the match)

Spoiler:

I begrudge spoiler tagging my response to this because I don't really see how that's a spoiler; it's basically exactly what we all know anyway... and unless fans actually take a stand and don't buy the show, or cancel their Network subscriptions, Vince and company will continue to believe that WrestleMania sells itself (which to be fair - it does) and as such, they could book the entire show to be a Miz TV special and people would still watch it. The hardcore fans that buy shows regardless of the content are doing nothing but punishing themselves when they're the ones shitting on the company's current direction.

Merry Christmas

Status

I understand the annoyance of Bryan continually getting held back and not treated as the top guy in the company when he is by far the most popular guy on the roster probably since Austin? His time out with injury didn't help much BUT when he is fit and healthy he is getting matches twice a week on Raw and Smackdown more often than not in the main event. He is on PPV's, he had the amazing Mania last year. He is massive over with the crowd on the mic and in the ring. He may not be holding the top title, he may not main event Mania this year. But creative must be behind him to give him the shear amount of exposure he does get. Bryan is MASSIVE over and I think it's because of this constantly being held back. Personally I would love to see him get to the top again, Reigns aside, which is a different issue. I am enjoying the slow burn, watching Bryan work his ass off every week. So when he does get to the top again, AND HE WILL. It will be 1000000000x better than just rushing him into the Mania main event now. I know it's been the worlds slowest burn but it will be worth it. We have had a brief taste of Bryan at the top. We will get the real thing with a lengthy reign to follow. And i'll be here watching ,waiting until we do.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I 100% think Reigns-Lesnar can be a great match and this is exactly what Roman needs. He has to be facing top-tier guys - and beating them - regularly if he is to seem even remotely believable as a Lesnar slayer.

Him going over Bryan clean gives him the credibility boost he needs, and the match should end with Bryan shaking his hand - as previously mentioned. No more screwy finishes, no more Kane or Show vs Reigns, just let Roman do the business in the ring. He'll get mega over if he does that imo.

As for Bryan, I'd love him to be winning every night and for him to win the belt at Mania (again) but they can't just redo last year's storyline. Bryan will win the belt again and I can see him holding it for a while, too. Bryan + belt = MONEY.

Status

Ha, what a poll...

Roman Empire (3/29/15)

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Reigns beating Bryan one-on-one would be great for Roman's development and solidifying himself as a real contender. Plus, Bryan should bring the best out of Reigns. This is obviously Roman's first singles match at WrestleMania, so it's going to take the day of Mania to see how Reigns really does.

How WWE could mess this match up though, is if Triple H adds Seth Rollins. I know Rollins is talented, but another triple threat where Seth thrives and yet loses? Seth's got the Money in the Bank, but he can't do that again. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they add Rollins in here.

Thread Information