Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: MMA Random Discussion Thread

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: MMA Random Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    This hate on UFC/Dana via Cyborg is people projecting. Since when did Cyborg suddenly become a hero on the MMA scene? She's made a career out of being roided up and beating up naturally smaller women. People are just using this shit to beat Dana/UFC with and will find something new once Cyborg's released.

I don't disagree that Dana sucks but Cyborg/Tito are on his ass all the time. Both sides are just as bad as each other. Cyborg says she never lies one day then releases an edited video to make Dana look bad and then admits it when caught lmao.

Also, people who think comms were biased are morons who can't use their ears properly. The commentary team clearly knew Cyborg was winning. They were just shocked at Spencer's surviving the fight.

Nunes vs Cyborg was great, ill watch it again but it means nothing to me in the long run. Cyborg will always attract viewers because of her look and style so I dont really feel Dana was trying to devalue her - if he was, its a stupid angle to take. I also dont think Dana would give a shit about re-signing her now she's lost. Nunes is the girl now.

If im Cyborg, I want that UFC contract. You fight Budd outside of UFC, predictably smash her, and then what? Fight the cans that Budd fought? All youre getting is Cyborg in the UFC v2 except its Bellator this time. Boring as shit.

You dont build 145 divisions when Cyborgs involved. You kill them.
    I mean the UFC 145 division is no better. I'd say its worse. The only fight for Cyborg is Nunes, other than that all the UFC have done is find a bunch of 135ers no one has ever heard of and fed them to Cyborg.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    I mean the UFC 145 division is no better. I'd say its worse. The only fight for Cyborg is Nunes, other than that all the UFC have done is find a bunch of 135ers no one has ever heard of and fed them to Cyborg.

True. I don't think Nunes is even a true 145er, she's just a skilled female fighter ahead of the WMMA curve... or she's also on the juice.

WMMA is not developed enough at higher weight classes for multiple MMA orgs to try and implement weight divisions like that. Anything above 135 is not going to be deep enough. When Arlene Blencowe is considered a top 5 145er WW then you know the division is not good or deep.

I'm not shitting on WMMA here but it's younger compared to the male version of the sport and is more shallow. The skill gap is much higher right now because WMMA is about a generation or so behind MMA.

Like I said, either UFC or Bellator, all you're going to get is Cyborg being a can crusher for the most part. Bellator has one interesting fight in Budd. After that, Cyborg would just fight the people Budd has beaten already and probably smash them. UFC has one interesting fight in Nunes. After that, it's finding randomers to lose to her. It's practically the same thing.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status

I harbor no love for Cyborg and she honestly seems like a pretty shitty human being in a lot of ways too. I don't really have a problem about what was done but much moreso about the how.

When I was passionate about MMA, I used to brush off the behavior of Dana White and the UFC a lot more. Now that the passion has faded and I'm just interested by it, it really stands out to be me. Hard to think of another major organization where its figurehead acts out in the same way except Trump
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status
      Country                    United States

Connor McGregor sucker punching an old man, certain people won't ever grow up.

Status

Well, if the UFC has taught us anything, nothing at all will happen to McGregor.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Firstly, what a clown that dude is. Just a complete prick.

Secondly, the old man barely moved- Doesn't say much for Conor's punching power Completely no sold Haha!

"LET ME IN.."

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

From the looks of it, there is little reason to respond with violence. Just shows what type of person Conor is. Shame.

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

I already was off the McGregor bandwagon when he started bringing Khabib's wife and religion into their spat, but fuck me mate, really? You're swinging at someone because they don't want your whiskey?

Impact 2014: Rebranding When It Mattered
    Vinny Ru's Black & Red Kru: WCW 2000.....Help.

Fearless University

Status

I dont see how anyone could defend Conor in this.

He's a hell of a fighter who accomplished incredible things but that and the money has gone to his head and he's just a spoiled brat/douchebag thesedays.

Sucker punching someone because they don't want your shitty whiskey is beyond pathetic. He actually waited until the guy turned his head away to punch him, just pathetic.
    Last edited by ETE; 08-17-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Status

Don't really know what was said or the story but that doesn't really defend McGregor. He's clearly lost the plot.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post

Connor McGregor sucker punching an old man, certain people won't ever grow up.
    Connor McGregor is a total asshole, childish, and horrible person. This is a well established fact.

Also, DC just got knocked the fuck out.
    Everything will surely be alright.

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

Fair do's to Stipe. I love DC but Miocic defo deserved this rematch and fair play to him for coming back. Nate looked great and Romero vs Costa was awesome

Impact 2014: Rebranding When It Mattered
    Vinny Ru's Black & Red Kru: WCW 2000.....Help.

Fearless University

Status

I didn't expect Nate to look that good. No ring rust at all, how long had it been since he last fought; 3 years? He looked like he hadn't been gone a day and just lit Pettis up. Pettis for his part basically just gets shut out of so many fights, pressure him at all and he cant do much.

I'm interested to see what DC does now. He's said he doesn't want to be one of those guys who hangs around too long and goes out on their back. And he originally wanted to retire before 40, stayed around a few months longer than that to get one alst fight in. Will he be happy walking away on a KO loss?

Status

- Cyborg has signed with Bellator not surprising.

- The Kamaru Usman v Colby Covington 170 title fight is far from done, multiple sources say. In fact, negotiations have hit a snag and UFC is now looking at other options, sources say. Those options include a different welterweight title fight and/or a different main event. (this was going to be on the November 2nd MSG card)

- BJ Penn will not fight in UFC again according to Dana White

- Dana White: ‘If Tony Ferguson’s ready’ he will face the winner of Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Dustin Poirier

Status

God bless for Dana White for remaining utterly on brand.

BJ Penn gets in a scrap and does something shitty? Banned for life from the UFC.

Connor McGregor does another shitty thing and sucker punches a senior citizen? "Gee, shucks, that was a less than ideal development but some situations are simply unavoidable and what can you do?"
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    God bless for Dana White for remaining utterly on brand.

BJ Penn gets in a scrap and does something shitty? Banned for life from the UFC.

Connor McGregor does another shitty thing and sucker punches a senior citizen? "Gee, shucks, that was a less than ideal development but some situations are simply unavoidable and what can you do?"
    Yeah def all about the money, hypocrisy at it's best.

Status

Lol unless BJ was cut and his contract rescinded, he will fight again.

Also, Dana probably doesnt want him to fight again because he got KOed bya a random bar guy. I don't see how that compares to McGregor at all. Dana clearly doesn't give a fuck about people's morals as evidenced by Greg Hardy getting a push. Not to mention BJ having a restraining order against him by his wife for various forms of abuse. And he still was being matched.

I think Dana's a huge tool but it's disingenious to use this to bash him re McGregor.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Fearless University

Status

Does anyone care about Usman v Colby? Like despite their trash talk against each other and Colbys desperate attempts to be Conor McGregor lite no one really gives a shit about Colby and this fight doesn't interest me.

BJ will fight again. Was him getting KO'd in a bar fight any sadder than his performances in the cage over the last decade or however long its been since he was still half decent.

Status

I don't care about Usman or Colby tbh with you. The only reason to watch Colby fight is to see him get smashed. But that fight does nothing for me.

Tbh Colby is just playing a character. No way hes friends with Masvidal otherwise.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Fearless University

Status

Even then, how many people care enough about Colby to want to see him get smashed? Seems like most people just dont give a shit about him full stop because his whole act is so obviously phoney and desperate cry for attention.

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread Information