Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: MMA Random Discussion Thread

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Re: MMA Random Discussion Thread

Pretty much completely agree with your guys thoughts, fighting is secondary to, well, life really. Hopefully the guy can get himself sorted not just for him but also his family. Sounds like a long road back though.

On a selfish note, this is a damn shame for the lightweight division. I still stand steadfast that Ferguson would provide the biggest challenge to Khabib, but I guess we'll probably never find out now.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Tony Ferguson has always been an extremely erratic/eccentric person. I support him getting help but that sort of behaviour is kind of frightening. If you described some parts to me without context, it'd sound like someone just took some really bad acid or some shit. But forcefully taking his child? Idk about that.

It's weird given the recent Matt Hughes situation too. I suppose people feel that it's a lknown fact Matt Hughes has always been a bad guy so they're quicker to crucify him.

This sucks ass but he was the dude to smash Khabib. He's an absolute monster.

Hopefully there's an advancement in CTE diagnosis methods in order to start getting more help to people.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 03-17-2019 at 08:22 AM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I feel like this is something other than CTE, he's pretty always been a weirdo and his wife has detailed events going back nearly a decade. Of course Tony being so hittable doesn't help matters, but it just seems like this stems from something else with how young he is.

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    I feel like this is something other than CTE, he's pretty always been a weirdo and his wife has detailed events going back nearly a decade. Of course Tony being so hittable doesn't help matters, but it just seems like this stems from something else with how young he is.
    I mean he could have been displaying CTE symptoms this entire time and that might have contributed to some of his erratic behavior.

Status
      Country                    United States

Pretty interesting news now you can only purchase UFC Major events with ESPN+now in the United States. Major blow for the PPV industry.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Major blow to my Foxtel subscription...

Status

lmao, all they've done is take power away from PPV networks and give it to ESPN.

I still don't get how there isn't a model in place similar to what they do with the UK. We get all UFC events for like 30 quid a month max using BT Sport. This includes PPVs.

I really hate the model of having fight pass/ESPN+ but still having to pay for PPVs.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Tony Ferguson has always been an extremely erratic/eccentric person. I support him getting help but that sort of behaviour is kind of frightening. If you described some parts to me without context, it'd sound like someone just took some really bad acid or some shit. But forcefully taking his child? Idk about that.

It's weird given the recent Matt Hughes situation too. I suppose people feel that it's a lknown fact Matt Hughes has always been a bad guy so they're quicker to crucify him.

This sucks ass but he was the dude to smash Khabib. He's an absolute monster.

Hopefully there's an advancement in CTE diagnosis methods in order to start getting more help to people.
    Hughes already was the way he was, but after the train accident, he's gotten even worse.

God's Gift to God

Status

Yeah this really pushes me into a corner of never buying another UFC ppv. Maybe huge cards that I absolutely can't pass on but unless they start shifting the cards way earlier in the day so they aren't ending at 2 am then I'm not gonna even bother.

Status

TJ Dillashaw has pissed hot. Giving up his belt. Suspended a year at least.

Lmao. Lets see what his defence is.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

TJ Dillashaw is basically the perfect example of how to make the fans hate you. Following all that TAM drama they guy could have spun it, and rode it the fans love and adulation. But he couldn't help himself and just acted like a dick, then there's his endless excuses particularly when he got mauled by Cejudo, and now this.

And of course his immediate defence is "I'm so disappointed, we don't know how this happened guys".

It'd be nice to see someone piss hot and just own up to it for a change. Its why I'll always respect Tim Sylvia, when he pissed hot he just owned it and said "yeah, I didn't want to look like crap on TV".

God's Gift to God

Status

I always reserve judgment because supplements are the devil

But doesn't he have his own supp company or something? That's nuts Might be confusing him with someone else but idk

Thread Information