Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA Random Discussion Thread

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: MMA Random Discussion Thread

If Yachi had dropped down without dragging Gomi down, it could have been. Lotta refs jump on body shots quick af.

Suuuure you do bud. That's what we all care about. Maika too much of a big girl for me. The intermissions almost done... Hopefully. And don't hate on Kyuuri, she is the future torchbearer for Ice! Mark my words. She'll be a bigger draw than Io by next year, guaranteed.

Yeah, if thats the stip then that match is never happening bud. Gabi would break any scientific instrument used to analyse her samples for sure.

I haven't looked but yeah flights will be in the 1000 range for me. Sucks ass. Shits too far away.

I don't know. I don't think RIZIN accommodates them and all this stuff is done from FITE's side. For last events they were clearly just using a green screen of the arena behind them and shit.

Alright im falling asleep, these fights need to start now. It's been over an hour.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

I can't believe they had over an hour intermission though that fight was better than I thought it'd be. That armbar was a trip.

I tried to process you bigging up Kyuri but I don't think I can at this hour. RibbonMania was successful and the card looked great. Can't wait to see the show.

If you ever follow through on going to Japan lemme know and I'll see what I can do to find you a deal through my contacts for the flight, man. It really would be epic to go.

TK make me proud
    I'm a good looking guy, but you show absolutely no interest in dating me! But...you're so nice to me.

What was I supposed to do? It's only natural that I'd fall in love...

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

TK did worse than Nagata why God why
    I'm a good looking guy, but you show absolutely no interest in dating me! But...you're so nice to me.

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status

Lol I think intermission was so long because they had to wait for times to match up with their tv slot in Japan.

Thought that TK would get wrecked. He had no chance lololol.

I did not expect Tenshin to flatten Fujita like that. Fujita gave him such a tough fight in their MMA bout but he got deleted there.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I don't believe what we've just witnessed. What a night

Status

That'll be RENA doing KB only bouts now. At least she didn't tap

Bollocks. Gave her the choke too easy. Fuuuuuuuuck. Some money to be made on Kanna in future.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Fell asleep right after the semi-main. My bad. At least I watched TK get wrecked and RENA losing. Went ahead and watched the main. Good moment with Horiguchi getting the title. Tenshin was the best one on this whole show imo, I give props for Fujita using Takada's theme but he didn't stand a chance against that boy.

Was bummed RENA lost but if you think about it, should she continue in MMA it actually could benefit the fed. RENA is still just as over and now Kanna gets a huge win, after being pushed for 2 years by Rizin. That said, and all my training is strike based martial arts not grappling or submissions, but even I noticed Kanna cut through her like a knife through hot butter on the ground. When she set her up on the ground it was too easy. Put the lights out. I was still proud of RENA's heart trying to fight out. She had the lights turned out but she didn't tap.

Horiguchi was awesome, wanted to finish the show. It played out like I thought it would.

Was a fan of the show and the one 2 days ago honestly. All finishes for the most part, some exciting matches. I definitely like the tournament format and I like the attention to the different styles of the fighters rather than just all BJJ guys up and down the card. Only complaint was the crazy long intermission. Even Trigg was saying "I wanna hurry up and see this fight!", probably the most fired up he got all night. It was a lot of fun watching with ya, Shake. Look forward to doing it again next time Rizin is up. (Or UFC if Syuri fights)

Status

I've only just woken up from my post event nap. Already started drowning my sorrows.

I'm quite shocked at how easily Horiguchi went through Ishiwatari. It's utterly insane that Horiguchi is fighting a weight class above and beating champs of JMMA promotions with ease. Guy's unbelievable. Likeable as well with his personality. Hope this is a star making moment for him. Tenshin was insane as always. Sky's the limit, truly, for him. Guy still has to put his hand up to ask to go to the toilet in school I don't think his parents give him his winnings either. He's going to be soooo fucking rich down the line. He's final boss material already. I am surprised how easy he beat Yamato Fujita standing. If you see their MMA fight from earlier this year, you'll see why people thought Fujita had a good chance. He frustrated Tenshin's striking in that fight and ran him really close. Decimated here. Knocked down 3 times in 90 seconds

RENA will likely have enough money thrown at her to continue... plus she trains with enough talent to be able to get somewhere. With regards to RENA on the ground - it's a combination of freezing and panicking with not having enough technique to counter the opponent. Kanna's a very accomplished grappler and I think RENA just panicked. She's usually okay on ground situations but I think the fact she's familiar with Kanna might've played a part. She just made a really stupid mistake of trying to post with her hands rather than defendiing her neck when her back was taken. Fight was over the moment she done that. I think if she wasn't so panicky and clearly desperate to get to her feet then she might've relaxed and rode it out. It's a good storyline and I still think RENA beats her in a rematch. She needs to be quicker and not let herself be pushed back. Kanna is a panic wrestler when she's pressured - you saw it when she failed on a few TD attempts. RENA just needs to learn to keep her base low and avoid. Good win for Kanna but she will lose the belt to anyone with decent grappling chops. And to be fair, Kanna has fought at 115 and is a decent size for 105 atomweight whilst RENA's still quite small at that weight. Still, I thought RENA shrugging off Irene like it was nothing would be a good sign. Life goes on. Getting put to sleep like that sucks. I think she thought about tapping but was going out. A learning experience for sure. Kanna's experience shined.

It was a good series of events - a good starting point for anyone wanting to get into RIZIN tbh or see something different from UFC. More personality to the shows and less emphasis on skill and more on entertainment. Even the decisions were all really good minus one. Just needs better link up with the English side of presentation and we're good to go. I can't see how Sakakibara can fuck this up when he's got Kyoji, Tenshin, RENA, Kanna, Yachi, Gomi, King Reina, Cro Cop amongst others.

A great series of events to end the year. Horiguchi with 3 finishes in 2 days... what a guy. I want my sleeping pattern back though.

Still can't believe that Tenshin flying knee. Unreal. I guess I know what my next sig/av gimmick is........

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Man is that a record? Suspended before debuting.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

That's kinda ridiculous
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

White Iverson

Status
      Country                    Australia

USADA should have a rule where we give them X amount of Brazilian fighters to suspend and in return we get TRT Vitor Belfort back. A nice trade system where crazy head kick landing, juiced to the ready, TRT Belfort gets to compete.

Sometimes I write stuff on the internet and people like it (sometimes).

Blade Runner

Status

A division full of massive dudes all roided up and juiced to the gills would pretty sweet.

YOU CAN'T ESCAPE.

PSN- DojoBF XBL- DarthTonfasands Steam- Dojo McMuscles

Status

Fuck that.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

White Iverson

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SWITCHBLADE View Post
    A division full of massive dudes all roided up and juiced to the gills would pretty sweet.
    Pride was good for that.

It might not be fair but TRT Belfort was one dangerous dude. There was that solid stretch where he looked like the baddest man on the planet. Love me some TRT Belfort!
    Last edited by EZ3; 01-12-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Sometimes I write stuff on the internet and people like it (sometimes).

Status

So Dana White said that UFC is giving CM Punk one more fight, and he is confident that Brock will fight again.

God's Gift to God

Status

Neither is surprising. Always said there's still money in a second punk fight because the element of possible improvement. When he gets smashed again it's game over tho

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

I really don't see Brock fighting again.

CM Punk will fight again, lose, and that will be it for him in the UFC. Now he may get another shot in Bellator or something.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

So what is the deal with Valentina Shevchenko vs. Priscila Cachoeira?

Was the refereeing really that bad?

Status

It was bad. You knew the fight was over way before it was over. Priscila was doing nothing.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

It was actually a bit uncomfortable to watch how badly she was mauling her. Terrible refereeing, and atrocious match making. A newcomer who's never competed anywhere near the top level shouldn;t have been thrown in there with one of the best female fighters ever in MMA.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

Thread Information