Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA Random Discussion Thread

2x UFC Prediction Champ

Status
      Country                    France

Re: MMA Random Discussion Thread

Good ol' days.... Gary Goodrige beating the living shit out of someone by using brutal elbows over and over again man.

#TheCount

I'm your Huckleberry

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Still one of the best endings to a fight, I've ever seen.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Sorry homies about the predictions - I totally forgot about Bigfoot vs Mir happening due to Fastlane and real life shit. The next card will be ROUSEY VS ZINGANO

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

I'm your Huckleberry

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Can't wait for that PPV, should be a better than most people are thinking that it will be average at best outside of Rousey/Zingano.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Status

I advise everyone do their best to watch Invicta 11. What a fucking card. I advise finding Aldana vs Schneider and Grasso vs Inoue. Grasso vs Inoue could be fight of the year...

Also, Cyborg just fucking smashed Charmaine Tweet inside a minute.

BROTHER
    Last edited by RainShaker; 02-28-2015 at 02:30 AM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

2x UFC Prediction Champ

Status

Daaaaaaaaamn Cyborg just SQUASHED Tweet.

#TheCount

2x UFC Prediction Champ

Status

http://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-u...fscom:ufconfox

The upcoming TUF season sounds pretty dope. ATT vs Blackzilians? Defo up for this. #TEAMBLACKZILIANS

#TheCount

Maple Leaf Muscle

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by G6D View Post
    http://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-u...fscom:ufconfox

The upcoming TUF season sounds pretty dope. ATT vs Blackzilians? Defo up for this. #TEAMBLACKZILIANS
    That's gonna be an epic season, I'll definitely be watching.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

The cast list for the Blackzillians/ATT show has also been revealed with some very interesting additions including Nathan Coy and Steve Carl. As well as some very legit prospects like Usman & Nakahara.

American Top Team
    Marcelo Alfaya (16-7) Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Steve Carl (21-4), Belle Plain, Iowa
    Nathan Coy (14-5), Vallejo, Calif.
    Michael Graves (4-0), Toledo, Ohio
    Hayder Hassan (6-1), Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
    Sabah Homasi (8-4), New Brunswick, N.J.
    Uros Jurisic (5-0), Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Steve Montgomery (8-2), Florence, S.C.

Blackzilians
    Valdir Araujo (14-5), Gama, Federal District, Brazil
    Carrington Banks (3-0), Peoria, Ill.
    Luiz Buscape (16-5), Joao Pessoa, Paraiba, Brazil
    Jason Jackson (4-2), Kingston, Jamaica
    Vicente Luque (7-4-1), Westwood, N.J.
    Andrews Nakahara (4-2-2), Mogi das Cruzes, Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Felipe Portela (8-2), Brasilia, Brazil
    Kamarudeen Usman (5-1) Auchi, Nigeria

Status

Giving this season a pass. Think the concept means well but is slightly dumb.

BROTHER

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

I can't really understand your pessimism about this upcoming season. They are taking a chance on a new twist of the format just like they did for TUF 20 with the title being on the line as well as the rankings. And they have a pretty talented batch of fighters who aren't being thrown right out their comfort zone as instead they will be training still with their teams and their coaches. Personally I think it'll be an interesting season which could be a solid watch.

Cheese!

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I'm with Shake here. TUF is long past its use by date, this'll just be fake drama for TV "oh these camps really want to upstage each other" no they're just fighters who want to win for themselves. This isn't the Lions Den vs. Tito.

The only way I'd be interested in a season of TUF is if they do another comeback season. Or if this camp vs. camp season featured ranked and already know fighters currently signed to the UFC and they fight for a Title shot.

Or if there was a Lyoto Machida season that ignored all the TUF stuff and just showed off his helicopter flying, badass, shirtless lifestyle.

Anyone else see the video of Jones and Rumble trolling Dana?
    Last edited by ETE; 03-01-2015 at 05:39 AM.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

2x UFC Prediction Champ

Status

There will be always people complaining. I get that TUF has lost it's touch from back then, but i also wouldn't judge this new concept as dumb or anything. I personally think they already have very great prospects lined up for this. Could be a strong season.

#TheCount

2x UFC Prediction Champ

Status

And of course there is gonna to be tons of "drama", but who cares? That's part of TUF. Personally i watch TUF for it's fights and to see "future" UFC fighters.

#TheCount

Cheese!

Status

The problem is as well is MMA is at a stage where theres 2-3 legit world class guys in every division then an ocean of mediocre fighters. TUF is just adding more mediocre fighters. You look at all the hype Uriah Hall got in TUF, but its clear unless something drastic happens he'll never be challenging top 5 or even 10 fighters. Whens the last time a TUF fighter amounted to something big? They've dredged the talent pools already. Sign guys like Askren, King Mo, Shlemenko who are at least mid level fighters.

2x UFC Prediction Champ

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    The problem is as well is MMA is at a stage where theres 2-3 legit world class guys in every division then an ocean of mediocre fighters. TUF is just adding more mediocre fighters. You look at all the hype Uriah Hall got in TUF, but its clear unless something drastic happens he'll never be challenging top 5 or even 10 fighters. Whens the last time a TUF fighter amounted to something big? They've dredged the talent pools already. Sign guys like Askren, King Mo, Shlemenko who are at least mid level fighters.
    Well i see it differently. Or would you have thought that young TJ Dillashaw with an 4-0 record before coming to the UFC, losing in the TUF finale, would become Bantamweight champion by beating someone who was considered for a long time THE best at 135? Of course you won't get those fighters everytime from TUF, but Dillashaw is just an great example IMO for the whole TUF process. The likes of John Dodson, Tony Ferguson, Kelvin Gastelum, Roy Nelson, etc. all legit fighters no matter if you consider "mediocre" or what not. Personally i'm fine with having "mediocre" fighters in the UFC as long as they're able to put on good fights, which seems to be the case most of the time.
    Last edited by LeBlanc; 03-01-2015 at 08:09 AM.

#TheCount

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I can't really understand your pessimism about this upcoming season. They are taking a chance on a new twist of the format just like they did for TUF 20 with the title being on the line as well as the rankings. And they have a pretty talented batch of fighters who aren't being thrown right out their comfort zone as instead they will be training still with their teams and their coaches. Personally I think it'll be an interesting season which could be a solid watch.

Can you not see why a TEAM vs TEAM idea in a winner takes all tournament is inherently flawed? Especially now it is CAMP vs CAMP? What happens if the finalists are two ATT members? Wedge driving between teammates, campmates and most importantly, who the fuck trains who? I mean, yeah, guys aren't out their comfort zone... but what's stopping me just seeing this in the UFC on a special card or something? I'd much prefer that to the Ultimate Fighter nowadays which is just a contrived show full of manufactured feuds and whatnot. Couple that with the fact that AGAIN this season is just serving to add talent to already stacked weight classes is ridiculous. Might be a solid watch but eh... not interested. The concept is dumb. The fighters might be super talented and whatnot but the idea of it is so stupid. This is a lucrative UFC contract on the line with guaranteed fights... and you might have two teammates fight over it? Yeah. Dumb. Teammates should never fight unless there is a belt on the line, plain and simple.

TUF needs a comeback season more than it needs this stuff - Lawler's story is PERFECT to push it.

and G6D - Dillashaw is an exceptional and yet a bad example to use because TJ was on a TUF season that served to bolster a shallow division. Dillashaw would have been signed one way or another and would have went on to do what he did. At that, this season's winner should be the only person getting a contract. That was the point of TUF.

A comeback season is needed. Either that or a season that actually helps a division... like FLYWEIGHT which has been crying out for a while for some depth.

And yeah ETE, I saw that - fucking lol at Dana, priceless. Jones is growing on me.... I actually like him more now that he embraces the fact he is a huge asshole.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Cheese!

Status

Yeah if they are going to keep doing TUF it should either be to add a bunch of bums to shallow divisions or a comeback season. Not adding a bunch of bums to stacked divisions.

Maple Leaf Muscle

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Yeah if they are going to keep doing TUF it should either be to add a bunch of bums to shallow divisions or a comeback season. Not adding a bunch of bums to stacked divisions.
    A comeback season would be pretty freaking awesome.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Can you not see why a TEAM vs TEAM idea in a winner takes all tournament is inherently flawed? Especially now it is CAMP vs CAMP? What happens if the finalists are two ATT members? Wedge driving between teammates, campmates and most importantly, who the fuck trains who? I mean, yeah, guys aren't out their comfort zone... but what's stopping me just seeing this in the UFC on a special card or something? I'd much prefer that to the Ultimate Fighter nowadays which is just a contrived show full of manufactured feuds and whatnot. Couple that with the fact that AGAIN this season is just serving to add talent to already stacked weight classes is ridiculous. Might be a solid watch but eh... not interested. The concept is dumb. The fighters might be super talented and whatnot but the idea of it is so stupid. This is a lucrative UFC contract on the line with guaranteed fights... and you might have two teammates fight over it? Yeah. Dumb. Teammates should never fight unless there is a belt on the line, plain and simple.

TUF needs a comeback season more than it needs this stuff - Lawler's story is PERFECT to push it.
    Firstly ATT have already addressed the notion of team mate vs team mate fights in that they understand eventually things will happen when you have fighters in the same division. So there are protocols for how they would handle it training rise. And I'm sure the Blackzillians have the same idea. As for the comments made about TUF producing lack luster fighters let's take a look at the facts of fighters produced from TUF. Because yeah whilst not everyone is going to win a world title. There is always talent to be found.

TUF 1: A Light Heavyweight Champion (Forrest Griffin), 4 Former Title Challengers (Koscheck, Quarry, Sanchez, Florian) not too mention the likes of Bonnar, Swick & Leben
    TUF 2: A former Light Heavyweight Champion (Rashad Evans) plus talented fighters like Keith Jardine, Melvin Guillard, Marcus Davis and Josh Burkman
    TUF 3: Michael Bisping, Kendall Grove, Ed Herman & Matt Hamill
    TUF 4: a Former Welterweight Champion (Matt Serra) plus the likes of Patrick Cote, Din Thomas & Travis Lutter
    TUF 5: 3 Former world title contenders (Gamburyan, Maynard & Diaz) plus the likes of Wiman, Lauzon and Miller
    TUF 6: Some decent prospects like Ben Saunders, George Sotiropolous, Mac Danzig and War Machine
    TUF 7: A top 10 Middleweight (CB Dolloway), a top ten welterweight (Matt Brown) plus the talented prospects like Amir Sadollah, Matt Riddle, Dan Cramer and Gerald Harris
    TUF 8: A top 10 Light Heavyweight (Ryan Bader) plus decent prospects like Efrain Escudero, Philippe Nover, George Roop, Sozynski and Tom Lawlor
    Tuf 9: a decent Lightweight gatekeeper (Ross Pearson) plus the likes of Andre Winner
    TUF 10: A top 10 Heavyweight (Roy nelson) plus two prospects in Matt Mitrione and Brendan Schaub
    TUF 11: top 15 Middleweight (Costa Philippou) as well as prospects like Nick Ring, Court McGee, Kyle Noke and Brad Tavares
    TUF 12: A top 10 Lightweight (Michael Johnson) plus a solid Bantamweight prospect in Bruce LeRoy
    TUF 13: A surging prospect (Tony Ferguson) as well as a decent low level gate keeper (Ramsey Nijem)
    TUF 14: Bantamweight Champion (TJ Dillashaw), Title contender (John Dodson) plus fighters like Diego Brandao & Dennis Bermudez
    TUF 15: Top 10 fighter (Myles Jury) plus a rising prospect (Al Iaquinta) as well as the likes of Mike Chiesa & Daron Cruickshank
    TUF Brazil: Decent prospects like Rony Jason, Pepey, Trinaldo, Sarafian, Moraes and Ferreira
    TUF 16: A strong prospect in Neil Magny plus Sam Alvey and Igor Araujo
    TUF Smashes: Robert Whittaker & Norman Parke both are talented prospects
    TUF 17: A top 15 Welterweight (Gastelum) plus prospects like Uriah Hall, Josh Samman & Clint Hester
    TUF Brazil 2: Leonardo Santos & Santiago Ponzinibbio
    TUF 18: Some good prospects like Pena, Holdsworth, Beal & Pennington
    TUF China: Zhang LiPeng, Wang Sai & Ning Guangyou
    TUF Nations: Elias Theodorou, Jake Matthews and Olivier Aubin Mercier all have high ceilings. Chad LaPrise is a decent fighter
    TUF Brazil 3: Warrley Alves, Antonio Carlos, Marcos Rogerio De Lima and Ricardo Abreu all look to be solid prospects
    TUF 19: Corey Anderson looks to be a solid prospect, Eddie Gordon has talent. Dhiego Lima is a decent low level prospect. Pendred is unbeaten in UFC.
    TUF Latin America: Yair rodriguez has a high ceiling.
    TUF 20: Was done to establish a division. Loads of fighters with strong potential.

So I'm sorry but I fail to see the validity in statements that TUF even as of late is producing Mediocre fighters. As what it is in fact doing is producing some solid prospects many of whom have big futures ahead of them.

Thread Information