Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJPW The New Beginning - February 11th/14th 2014

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

NJPW NJPW The New Beginning - February 11th/14th 2014

NJPW “THE NEW BEGINNING in OSAKA, 02/11/15
    BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM in Osaka

IWGP Jr. Tag Team Championship 3 WAY Match: Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish vs. KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley vs. Nick Jackson & Matt Jackson

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match: Kenny Omega vs. Ryusuke Taguchi

IWGP Tag Team Championship Match: Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows

IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. AJ Styles

NJPW “THE NEW BEGINNING in SENDAI”, 02/14/15
    Sendai Sun Plaza Hall in Sendai

NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match: Jushin Liger vs. Chase Owens

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match: Rob Conway vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan

NEVER Openweight Championship Match: Togi Makabe vs. Tomohiro Ishii

IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Yuji Nagata

-----------------------------
    As expected, AJ Styles gets the next title match against Tanahashi. These New Beginning shows are always weird, they end up being two average shows with a couple of really good matches, but if they cut the crap and put the better matches all on one show they'd have a really strong ippv. Nakamura Vs Nagata and Tanahashi Vs Styles are two great main events.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: NJPW The New Beginning - February 11th/14th 2014

Yeah, both of the main events are really great. Then both shows each have a rematch that could be as good as their WK9 predecessor.

The rest so far is meh.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Yeah, I'm no fan of the NWA being back with a vengeance in Sendai

Status

No Okada on either show? He was probably my favorite guy from WK9. Haven't seen Nagata but Nakamura is great so I'm sure that match will be awesome. But Tanahashi/Styles is the one I'm looking forward to most.

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    No Okada on either show? He was probably my favorite guy from WK9. Haven't seen Nagata but Nakamura is great so I'm sure that match will be awesome. But Tanahashi/Styles is the one I'm looking forward to most.
    Neither card is complete...

Chances are, Okada will be wrestling Bad Luck Fale on one of the shows. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he faces Fale in a tag or six man tag on the other as well.

For me, New Beginning 2015 is all about that Nakamura/Nagata match. Really looking forward to seeing what old man Nagata can do.

Status

Aside from Styles/Hashi & Mura/Yuji, I'm interested to see Omega/Taguchi(even though the outcome there is pretty predictable).

Quote Originally Posted by BenWah View Post
    Aside from Styles/Hashi & Mura/Yuji, I'm interested to see Omega/Taguchi(even though the outcome there is pretty predictable).
    Pretty actually liked that match enough to want to see the rematch? I'm all for Taguchi staying away from the title for the rest of the year. I was absolutely blown away when Meltzer was going through the 4 star matches on WK 9 and casually included Taguchi/Omega.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Pretty actually liked that match enough to want to see the rematch? I'm all for Taguchi staying away from the title for the rest of the year. I was absolutely blown away when Meltzer was going through the 4 star matches on WK 9 and casually included Taguchi/Omega.
    Are you asking if I liked the match, cause I did.
    regardless of the outcome, I think their rematch should be just as good if not better.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Is this a common thing they do, split shows. The above could have been one card but I guess they will be adding to it. Will probably catch one at least. At the moment it would be the second because of the main event and having not seen the other guys on the card yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
    Is this a common thing they do, split shows. The above could have been one card but I guess they will be adding to it. Will probably catch one at least. At the moment it would be the second because of the main event and having not seen the other guys on the card yet.
    They've been splitting up some of their PPV's for the last couple of years, not long after they began having iPPV's. Especially now with NJPW World, it makes all the sense to try and create two important shows rather than just one really important one. It adds interest in a show that wouldn't have had it before and it helps the gigantic shows like Wrestle Kingdom and King of Pro Wrestling feel bigger.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Meltzer's mental disability really shouldn't blow anyone away these days.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

The best way I could describe Nagata is somewhat like NJPW's Kurt Angle (without a lot of bad habits that Angle has kept for a long time that I'm not a huge fan of...but he's sort of like the old #1 who's still well respected and can be a main eventer every now and then) When he's motivated he's pretty darn awesome. Really charismatic and US friendly too I think. Also Jim's probably right about Okada facing Fale and unfortunately, nobody likes him.

If you look up average in the dictionary you'll see a big picture of Taguchi. He's Lou Thesz compared to Omega though and yeah...this match might not be a MOTYC. But you never know! The tag I'm sure will be just like all their other matches. Time Splitters will look good. Young Bucks and reDRagon will add nothing.

Can Meiyu Tag carry these two again? I'm cautiously optimistic.

Tanahashi & Styles should be yet another strong match between the two. Rumblings of a Styles win make no sense to me. Calling Tanahashi to win again.

There's no reason to think Tenzan and Conway will be anything but bad. The other two undercard bouts I expect to be solid yet totally skippable affairs.

Like everyone else I'm really looking forward to seeing what the V-Day main event can bring to the table. I'm kind of rooting for Nagata since Nakamura has held this title almost nonstop for over two years running. Although even then Nagata winning isn't the best fit. Also btw I could easily see Makabe dropping the NEVER back to Ishii.

Should be some good stuff to cherry pick from. Just a general question to new or casual NJPW followers coming off the big WK shows? I had a pretty good idea of who I thought connected the most but Lucas said Okada so I'd like to see who stands out at jump street.

Status

I would say if I had to rank the top five guys that impressed me the most coming out of WK9, I'd go:

1. Okada
    2. Nakamura
    3. Ibushi
    4. Makabe
    5. Tanahashi

And I know that's kinda lane considering 4 of those five were part of the double main event but that's just a testament to how good they are. Ibushi and Makabe were awesome especially that I had literally zero knowledge of prior to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Also btw I could easily see Makabe dropping the NEVER back to Ishii.
    I don't know. It seems senseless to me to even have Makabe win the NEVER Title if you're going to have him drop it back to Ishii before getting a Makabe/Honma match.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

@Lucas: It's funny about not knowing Ibushi because he's usually one of the more famous guys to US fans. (He's wrestled in American indies a bunch) Also want to mention pretty much every new fan always says Makabe's one of their favorites. I think he's got a real old school presence that gets underrated sometimes.

Only reason I said that about Ishii Jim is because that felt like more of a "surprise" title change because both top champs were retaining to me. Like the times La Sombra or Tanahashi won the IC Title and dropped it back to Nak quickly. I just don't know if Makabe & Honma are seen as title-level guys at this point by Jado & Gedo. I'm not saying I can't be wrong though and I'd actually like to be so Ishii could either A. Get pushed up the card or B. Take time off to heal his shoulder. (I think most people want one of those two things) Also a Makabe/Honma title match would be pretty freakin' awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    @Lucas: It's funny about not knowing Ibushi because he's usually one of the more famous guys to US fans. (He's wrestled in American indies a bunch) Also want to mention pretty much every new fan always says Makabe's one of their favorites. I think he's got a real old school presence that gets underrated sometimes.
    Yeah, at least in the US with the IWC, Ibushi became a "Somebody" once he worked ROH in 2008.

Only reason I said that about Ishii Jim is because that felt like more of a "surprise" title change because both top champs were retaining to me. Like the times La Sombra or Tanahashi won the IC Title and dropped it back to Nak quickly. I just don't know if Makabe & Honma are seen as title-level guys at this point by Jado & Gedo. I'm not saying I can't be wrong though and I'd actually like to be so Ishii could either A. Get pushed up the card or B. Take time off to heal his shoulder. (I think most people want one of those two things) Also a Makabe/Honma title match would be pretty freakin' awesome.
    I'm not saying I think New Japan will give the belt to Honma or anything. With their affiliation in the G.B.H. "Faction" and Honma's recent overness, it seems obvious to work that match once before you turn around and have Ishii win the belt back.

The future of Ishii for the rest of 2015 seems really uncertain. Obviously, there's only three real choices of receiving a push, taking time off or winning the NEVER title back, but fuck if I know which one seems the most likely.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Full cards announced:

New Japan Pro Wrestling “NEW BEGINNING in OSAKA”, 2/11/2015 [Wed] 17:00 @ BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM in Osaka
    (1) Sho Tanaka vs. Yohei Komatsu
    (2) Satoshi Kojima, Tiger Mask IV & Mascara Dorada vs. Manabu Nakanishi, Captain New Japan & Jay White
    (3) Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Rob Conway & Chase Owens
    (4) Tomoaki Honma vs. Kota Ibushi

(5) IWGP Jr. Tag Team Championship 3WAY Match: [39th Champions] Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish vs. [Challengers] KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley vs. [Challengers] Nick Jackson & Matt Jackson
    ~ 2nd title defense
    (6) IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match: [70th Champion] Kenny Omega vs. [Challenger] Ryusuke Taguchi
    ~ 1st title defense

(7) Special 6 Man Tag Match: Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga
    (8) Special 6 Man Tag Match: Yuji Nagata, Togi Makabe & Tetsuya Naito vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI

(9) IWGP Tag Team Championship Match: [65th Champions] Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs. [Challengers] Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows
    ~ 1st title defense
    (10) IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: [61st Champion] Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. [Challenger] AJ Styles
    ~ 2nd title defense

----------------------------------------------
    New Japan Pro Wrestling “NEW BEGINNING in SENDAI”, 2/14/2015 [Sat] 18:00 @ Sendai Sun Plaza Hall in Miyagi

(1) Satoshi Kojima, Tomoaki Honma & Yohei Komatsu vs. Manabu Nakanishi, Captain New Japan & Sho Tanaka
    (2) Tiger Mask IV & Mascara Dorada vs. Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish
    (3) Ryusuke Taguchi, KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley vs. Kenny Omega, Matt & Nick Jackson

(4) NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match: [90th Champion] Jushin Liger vs. [Challenger] Chase Owens
    ~ 2nd title defense
    (5) NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match: [90th Champion] Rob Conway vs. [Challenger] Hiroyoshi Tenzan

(6) Tetsuya Naito & Kota Ibushi vs. Toru Yano & Kazushi Sakuraba
    (7) Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Bad Luck Fale & Yujiro Takahashi
    (8) Special 6 Man Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga

(9) NEVER Openweight Championship Match: [6th Champion] Togi Makabe vs. [Challenger] Tomohiro Ishii
    ~ 1st title defense
    (10) IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match: [10th Champion] Shinsuke Nakamura vs.[Challenger] Yuji Nagata
    ~ 3rd title defense

I'm surprised we aren't getting the expected Okada/Fale singles match. I wonder if he's a little more banged up than he originally looked after Wrestle Kingdom.

Status

So I guess NJPW loves tag matches.

So I guess NJPW loves tag matches.
    I'm guessing you're fairly new to puro?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information