Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Road to Wrestlemania Discussion

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Road to Wrestlemania Discussion

With the Rumble Main event set and contenders arising to win the Rumble the road to Wrestlemania has begun.

For me the WWE Title picture is very exciting. By the end of Wrestlemania any number of people could be champion.

Contenders

Roman Reigns - The hot favourite to win the Rumble to go on and win the title. But is he ready? The answer is no, imo they are pulling the trigger too soon. Reigns has potential for sure but they need to let this be a slow burn.

Spoiler:

Daniel Bryan - He's back and in the Rumble. Now this seems a logical choice. His title reign was cut short, he should have faced Brock at Summerslam and we know he is worthy of a Mania main event. But will WWE change their plans for a second year running in favour of Bryan?

Dolph Ziggler - Has been in a hot streak since Survivor Series and is an outsider to win. But he has paid his dues, mega over with fans and is surely ready to take that final step to the top.

Rollins - Mr Money in the Bank is always a threat and could cash in any time between now and Mania. Should never be forgotten

Ambrose - Was hot in late 2014 but this has since fizzled. An outside shot at a surprise win.

Orton - Highly likely to return face and could be an outside shot if they want a more veteran feel to the Mania main event.

Cena - Super Cena beats Brock and goes into Mania as champ. Always a possibility.

Mid Card

Dolph is currently the IC champ so will he defend at Mania or is he moving on to bigger things? The WWE Title or a high profile match. With
    Spoiler:

Barrett returning
    could be set up to take over from Dolph. Or set up a nice feud between them. We also have Harper who recently won the title who may want another shot.

Will Rusev defend the title at Mania or is he heading for a bigger Russia vs 'Merica feud possibly against Cena or The Rock?

Tag Division

With a great depth to the division any team could be involved going into Mania. Long time champs The Usos are always in with a shot. Mizdow have been well accepted but will they make it into Mania as a team? The Rumble could begin their demise. Gold/Star Dust and New Day are both hot contenders as well as NXT call ups The Ascension. I think a multi team match at Mania would be a good bet.

Marquee matches

Sting is looming and likely going up against HHH following their Survivor Series match. BUT if Taker his fit this is surely the money match the fans want to see.

Hogan has been hinting at one more match, could he get it at Mania and who would his opponent be? Cena, Rusev? A lot needs to work however for Hogan to be cleared.

Rock and HHH was likely teased earlier this year and could be an outside match, especially if they go with Sting and Taker

The rest of the pack

There is a wealth of talent needing spots on the Mania card. Ambrose, Wyatt, Harper, Rowan, Ryback, Cesaro, Show, Henry, Kane. What will their roles be?

All this and more to come...
    Last edited by Negan; 12-30-2014 at 08:40 AM.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Road to Wrestlemania Discussion

This is going to be one hell of a Road to WrestleMania if things go how they should. (Lesnar beating Cena, Reigns winning the Rumble so Rollins can cash in on him immediate after Reigns wins at WM, Rusev beating Ryback and then Rusev losing at Mania, Ascension quickly becoming Tag Team champions, Barrett getting the IC title back)

I don't know where else to post this but [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]I honestly think that putting Rollins, Mercury, Noble, Show, Heyman and Lesnar together was pure genius and I personally hope WWE rolls with this as a group until Lesnar leaves, then they can go their separate ways, because they (WWE) have a gold mine with them all together. They don't always have to appear in segments together since it appears that right now they all have their own focus, but they could really involve Rollins, Mercury, Noble and Show in some way with the Lesnar/Royal Rumble winner feud. Just my suggestion, because I like the thought of those guys together[/COLOR]

[Run]

Status
      Country                    England

Thanks to Bryan's return last night, and based upon rumours and whatnot, I think the top half of the card will look similar to this:

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns
    Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins

Reigns & Bryan are easily interchangeable based on how Reigns' push goes. My only concern is that I don't have much faith in the quality of Brock/Reigns.

John Cena vs. Rusev
    The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt
    Triple H vs. Sting

Sting vs. Taker would be preferred, but Sting's involvement in the Authority angle makes me think that's not happening. And to be honest, it may be for the best, as I have more faith in Triple H making Sting look good than old man Taker at this point.

Still plenty of quality guys like Ziggler & Ambrose left to fill out the undercard too.

I am the Outlaw

Status

We're on the road to Wrestlemania and the big guns are back, baby.

Orton, Bryan, BNB, Lesnar. They're all fucking back.

I've been accused of being a lot of things, inarticulate ain't one of them

Comeback King

Status

Right I thought it would be a good idea to do my predicted card right now then after the Royal Rumble and after Fast Lane and see how they change and see how close I get. Others are welcome to join in. I am intrigued to see what people think. Here is what I am going for as of January 9, 2015.

Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan
    WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Triple H vs. Sting

Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt

John Cena vs. Rusev

Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose

Bad News Barrett vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Harper vs. Ryback
    Intercontinental Championship

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

Goldust vs. Cody Rhodes

The Usos vs. The Ascension vs. Tyson Kidd & Cesaro vs. The New Day
    WWE Tag Team Championship

DIVA Clusterfuck match
    Obviously some of these will prove to be way off. So what do others think?

Merry Christmas

Status

I mostly agree but i'd swap Miz and Mizdow for the Dusts

[Run]

Status

I think it's pretty accurate tbf, I dunno about Goldust/Cody though. People have been going on about that match for years so I don't have a lot of faith in it happening. I could see the Shield triple threat being for the WHC too, but as said in my post it all depends on who wins the rumble, & I guess now who wins the triple threat match there too.

People's Champion

Status

Yeah, Miz vs Mizdow over Cody vs Goldust. I don't see Orton vs Sheamus as a match at the moment.

I am the Outlaw

Status

I'd love it to be Ziggler vs Triple H, but I think the Sting/Trips match is a lot more likely, and it does seem like Bray is being built up for something big with his wins over Ambrose. A match with Taker would be pretty great.

Something about Sting vs Triple H would just seem odd though. Everybody wanted to see him wrestle Taker if he ever signed with WWE, and I'm still holding out hope for Taker vs Cena next year.

Merry Christmas

Status

We don't even know that Taker IS wrestling this year. He could be done. I hope not.

I am the Outlaw

Status

People say every year that he's not going to be wrestling. He always wrestles.

I don't think this year will be any different despite the end of the streak.

Merry Christmas

Status

They also said he'd always have the streak. Anything can happen. He may not know himself yet if he is coming back. Getting on now. Personally I think he will. But I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't.

I am the Outlaw

Status

You wouldn't be shocked if he missed this year's Mania or if he never wrestled again?

Cause if the latter allow me to chuckle to myself.

Merry Christmas

Status

This year. I think he might take a year out then come back for his big send off match. Dude's gotta go out on a win. I think he might prefer that extra year.

I am the Outlaw

Status

Not sure he'll go out with a win to be honest. It's traditional to lose your last match and Taker strikes me as something of a traditionalist.

I also think it makes for a more emotional/dramatic moment when the guy wrestling their last match loses.

Merry Christmas

Status

He did the biggest loss of his career when he lost the streak. I think it would be nice to repay him with a win.

I am the Outlaw

Status

It's not about 'repaying him'.

He'll probably win this year if he wrestles and might win his last match too but I think there's a good chance he won't. It's not like Taker would feel bad about losing. Like I said he's old school and old school wrestlers tend to think losing your last match is the right way to go out.

People's Champion

Status

If he lost, that one loss at Wrestlemania wouldn't be that big anymore. He should win his next match for the sake of putting Lesnar over as the monster beast, the ONLY one to beat him at WM.

I am the Outlaw

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Austerio View Post
    If he lost, that one loss at Wrestlemania wouldn't be that big anymore. He should win his next match for the sake of putting Lesnar over as the monster beast, the ONLY one to beat him at WM.
    His next but not his last.

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Honestly if Lesnar leaves it doesn't really matter.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information