Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJPW World - The NJPW Network~!

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

NJPW NJPW World - The NJPW Network~!

New Japan Pro Wrestling just announced their Network, NJPW World~!

Have access to live streaming of future NJPW events like the G1 Classic, Fantasticamania and the biggest show in professional wrestling, Wrestlekingdom~!

Watch VOD matches from NJPW archives dating back to 1973~!

No commitment, you can subscribe for just one month at a time~!

and best of all, it's just 999 YEN~!

Now if you're a legit pro wrestling fan like Tommy Rage, I'm sure you'll be subscribing to this fantastic service. How can you argue with that price with Wrestlekingdom around the corner. I'll be subscribing tonight, and why can I subscribe tonight, because it's available in England right away~! Wow what a way to treat your customers fairly~!

Re: Calling all legit pro wrestling fans - The NJPW Network~!

Awesome to see that NJPW followed through with their Network idea. If they have an in depth catalog on demand and some of the big shows of 2015 are offered for free, it'd be more than worth that insanely low price tag. In fact, 999 yen is less than 9.99 USD.

Admittedly, the one thing that could deter me from getting NJPW World is the lack of being a Roku channel. I don't really watch anything on my computer, so it'd be a bit of a pain in the ass to have this be a computer only type service.

Still, I'd be interested in hearing more about this as the days pass.

Sweet Meat

Status

yuck this is gonna suck. only adding the live shows and past shows? wheres the original content

in all seriousness this is cool for jap fans.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

The Osiris

Status

I'd lay down 9.99 for just a backlog of All Japan. Not too "in-the-know" with Puro since Misawa died, but have heard NJPW is where it's at these days and Puro matches always rock and would be cool if they subtitle the commentary for the English speaking fans to get acquainted with the product.

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Grimes View Post
    yuck this is gonna suck. only adding the live shows and past shows? wheres the original content

in all seriousness this is cool for jap fans.
    Details are sketchy because the conference was only a few hours ago so not everything's been translated, but apparently there might well be original content. Yano's DVDs better be on.

no total divas or special Olympics though which would of been a real draw.

The price point of 999 yen is hilarious though.

On Vacation

Status

I actually thought that this might be some kind of spoof or something lol. I'm happy for the NJPW fans to get this. I think this is good for wrestling as a whole. Maybe this is the next frontier of the wrestling business? Rather than competing on TV, they compete online? Although, I'm not sure if there's that much to compete with, but rather just providing the best wrestling experience for fans. This is a good day for pro-wrestling

I am the Outlaw

Status

Look who showed up late to the party.

The Japs, that's who.

I've been accused of being a lot of things, inarticulate ain't one of them

Indy Talent

Status

Love this, just wish I could navigate the bloody page and understood Japanese.
    signature.

People's Champion

Status

I might get it just to annoy Tommy and Ken.

Awesome news for Puro fans. Original content is overrated. Besides the best stuff ends up on DVD anyway.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Here's a line by line translation of the "create account" page for http://njpwworld.com :

First line: email address
    Second: confirm email

Third: password
    Fourth: password confirmation

Fifth: "Secret" question
    Sixth: answer

Seventh: Username

Eighth: Birthdate

Ninth: Sex (first is male, second is female)

Next step:

Click the box under the text, and make sure you click the BOTTOM box that says confirm. The confirmation page will then come up, and you click "next" obviously. Then the payment page will pop up. Top option is credit card. Click it.

Then on the credit card page you will have the following fields, that should be pretty intuitive even if you don't know Japanese:

card number
    expiration date
    security number

Then you should be good to go after that

WAKE UP

Status

Wonder what the old content will be like.

I haven't watched NJ for like 2 years so guess I'm not legit enough of a fan. Cool that they are doing this though.

On Vacation

Status

If I watched the product(Like Ed does with the WWE) I would get it but Its not a product that I'm interested so I will decline, although I wish them well.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

I think I'm being a complete idiot but I signed up for it.....and have no idea how to access anything because the banners obviously don't translate? Any help?

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status

I'm in. Only took a minute and no need to create a false American address just to do so. I'd recommend using Google chrome as it translates the majority of the text for you.

Watched a couple of matches already, good quality streams, better than the ones I'm used to watching. Not having the WWE Network, I'm not sure how it compares at all, but I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Wonder what the old content will be like.
    I'm not sure if this will work, but see if you can view the content listing without signing up:

http://njpwworld.com/tag/year

The archives goes back to 1973 at the moment, but the further you go back, the less there is. Although strangely there's more 90s and 80s than 00s. Inoki has the most matches up. Apparently every Dome Show is on, but everythings split into matches only it's hard to confirm that. Hopefully they'll eventually upload full tournaments.

I haven't really got it for the original content, that's the nice plus. I've got it so that I can watch the upcoming shows in good quality. The fact I can get the G1 next year for just over a fiver when it would of been almost pushing 100 quid for the whole tournament is fantastic value.

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestEarth View Post
    I think I'm being a complete idiot but I signed up for it.....and have no idea how to access anything because the banners obviously don't translate? Any help?
    Use google chrome would be the easiest way. Here's how mine version looks, the banner with Captain New Japan that splits into Age (years), Venue etc is how I navigate.

قلبيlهذ

Status
      Country                    Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo Malenko View Post
    I'd lay down 9.99 for just a backlog of All Japan. Not too "in-the-know" with Puro since Misawa died, but have heard NJPW is where it's at these days and Puro matches always rock and would be cool if they subtitle the commentary for the English speaking fans to get acquainted with the product.
    It's not AJPW but the 90s NJPW Jrs have an awesome back catalog with Kanemoto, Liger, Ohtani, Benoit, and Guerrero. Dynamite Kid and Tiger Mask too if that's your thing. For heavys early Vader and Hashimoto, are there too. The backlog is what interests me most and it's a bit hit or miss it appears. But will always get better.

Doubtful subs come. The president of NJPW said it himself. They're trying to be bigger than WWE and they're making their move in the West. With the TV deal and upcoming PPV you're more likely to see them get English speaking commentators (JR's already signed to do the January 4th Dome Show and could easily be brought on to do more.) do their shows from here on. Not really keen on redubbing old shows. Even if you're a good commentator it always sounds horribly canned and the emotion doesn't come through just like the dailymotion dude.

Don't know why people are saying there's no original content btw. There's already a full fledged documentary about Tanahashi up and more coming and again, probably English language content isn't far off. Obviously the wrestling is better and compared to the network it's just ran a whole lot smarter and will actually be profitable.

Even if you're not a fan, giving the Dome Show and NJPW World a look is worth it for the wrestling business since they're the most legitimate threat to actually make waves against WWE in years. I hope a PS3/PS4 app is around the corner.
    صفر يحب الحرير ~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

قلبيlهذ

Status

Re: NJPW World - The NJPW Network~!

Just curious, what all have you guys watched so far from this? (Of note I do have recommendations now if you're looking, specifically double checked to ensure they're there. )
    صفر يحب الحرير ~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Just curious, what all have you guys watched so far from this? (Of note I do have recommendations now if you're looking, specifically double checked to ensure they're there. )
    All I've watched so far is Destruction in Kobe because I was on holiday at the time it aired, plus the first Okada/Tanahashi bout because I've never seen it before and wanted to work through the six matches again before the Dome show. I don't plan much binge watching this month because I'm doing that best WWE matches from the past 5 years list which I need to focus on more, I was just swept up in the excitement of them having a Network I subscribed right away

Leave your recommendations in here though and I'll get around to them eventually in January.

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm gonna look into getting this, like right now. F the language barrier though.

قلبيlهذ

Status

I'm just going to keep this to matches involving current guys for the sake of not overloading y'all and just being relevant. BUT both the UWF vs NJPW feud and the UWF-i vs NJPW feud in the 80's & 90's are really great and worth looking into. Okay, stuff with current guys and not quite super current:

Naomichi Marufuji vs Tiger Mask IV - Jan 4th, 2010
    Yuji Nagata vs Minoru Tanaka - Jan 4th, 2009
    *Hirooki Goto vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - Nov 11th, 2007
    Yuji Nagata vs Minoru Suzuki - Jan 4th, 2007
    Shinsuke Nakamura vs Toshiaki Kawada - Jan 4th, 2007
    Taiyo Kea vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - Jan 4th, 2007
    Osamu Nishimura vs Satoshi Kojima - Jan 4th, 2005
    Yuji Nagata vs Kensuke Sasaki - Jan 4th, 2004
    Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Yoshihiro Takayama - Jan 4th, 2004
    *Yuji Nagata vs Yoshihiro Takayama - May 2nd, 2002
    Yuji Nagata vs Jun Akiyama - Jan 4th, 2002
    Keiji Muto & Hiroshi Hase vs Yuji Nagata & Jun Akiyama - October 8th, 2001
    *Toshiaki Kawada vs Kensuke Sasaki - October 9th, 2000 (I'm making an exception to the current guys rule, but trust me, you want to watch this)
    Shinya Hashimoto & Takashi Iizuka vs Naoya Ogawa & Kazunari Murakami
    TenCozy vs Genichiro Tenryu & Shiro Koshinaka - Jan 4th, 1999
    *Whatever they have from the original Super J Cup, one of the greatest shows ever - April 16, 1994
    *Jushin Liger vs Naoki Sano - Jan 31st, 1990
    Jushin Liger vs Naoki Sano - July 13th, 1989

So, that's what I cobbled together from a fairly limited list, but it's all pretty much guaranteed to be enjoyable and the tip top stuff to look out for I put an asterisk to just in case. May add on more when it becomes PS3 accessible and I get it or get another update from my reliable source. ;D
    صفر يحب الحرير ~

Thread Information