Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NJPW World - The NJPW Network~!

FUCK FACE

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NJPW World - The NJPW Network~!

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    Wait, so they don't have full shows? You have to watch match by match with different videos?
    No, they do have full shows.

On almost every 2015 show, the first video you can pick will be the full event. You then get an option of match by match as you scroll down.

The archives are more match by match and less full shows though.

Momoiro Nekketsu Seinen S-Mod

Status
      Country                    United States

NJPW Re: NJPW World - The NJPW Network~!

Lucas, have you watched anything from this yet? Did Ishii and Honma go "too far" in their match?
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

FUCK FACE

Status

Tenryu retirement show was a lot of fun.

I really enjoyed the joshi tag match, thought it was one of the better ones on the night. Zero, who do those girls work for?

Takayama/Fujiwara Vs Suzuki/Murakami was pretty good and was a revisit to the Takayama/Suzuki NOAH feud from earlier in the year. Fujiwara is amazing for his age! I love how he stood toe to toe with the GHC Champion and wouldn't back down, especially the part when Suzuki whacked his head off the turnbuckle post and he just shook it off. Props to Suzuki for keeping this match together; I'd never seen Murakami before, thought he was shit and glad he spent the majority of the match outside of the ring. Fujiwara getting the win was a nice moment.

Suwama/Okabayashi Vs Sekimoto/Fujita was fucking incredible. I don't know what the beef with Suwama and Fujita was, but they wanted to kill each other after that intense staredown at the start of the match. You know you're in for a treat with Strong BJ, and those two certainly didn't disappoint, but the extra dynamic of Suwama and Fujita destroying each other, even outside the ring when they weren't the legal men, made this such an exciting watch. MOTN hands down, and one of my favourite tag matches of the year.

The main event was about as good as it's going to be with Tenryu in 2015. Not really a good match, more of a spectacle than anything and it might be the only Okada match in years that broke away from the same old routine. World's slowest rainmaker . Very cool ceremony afterwards with Hansen and Funk.

Status
    Satomura's the one who had those great matches with Hojo earlier in the year and actually had a World Title match earlier in the day vs. Mayu Iwatani which I have no doubt was very strong. Her partner was Cassandra Miyagi who is above average but not as good as the other 3. DASH Chisako & Sendai Sachiko were the winning team are a longtime tag team, being real life sisters and all. Would suggest checking out the September Tag vs. Shirai/Iwatani in Stardom, that's a great match, top 100 material. Agree this was a good match, 2nd or 3rd favorite on the show but felt bad because the crowd died on them likely because of them being unknowns to most (All 4 work for the 2nd biggest Joshi promotion, Sendai Girls) and being sandwiched on the card between two horrible indy tags. Poor Sendai Girls. Poor Liger.

Can't believe Kojika worked so hard in that 6-man at his age. KAI also looked really good and was happy that he got a good reaction despite W-1 screwing him over so bad.

Talk about a spectacle, that Kashin/Ogawa vs NOSAWA/Arai match was something else. Bad in a highly entertaining way.

Actually really liked the the Team Nakajima 6-man. All 3 members of his team looked good and they pulled things together.

Arashi/Koshinaka vs. Taiyo Kea/Aijima was a very boring match...can't remember much.

Murakami was really great from '02-'04 for the record...not now though. He's pretty much a poor man's Suzuki at this point. Really loved Fujiwara here. One of the best in his prime and ridiculously good now. Suzuki and Takayama looked good for their roles as well with Suzuki doing a lot of good for his team. Lots of crowd heat.

Kawakami had a serious injury and shouldn't have been wrestling, but did anyway, helping BJW's rep. Would love to see him and Ishii have a singles match when he recovers. Choshu & Saito added

little but were very over, especially Choshu.

Here's the thing about that tag. The reason they were so intense is because Fujita pulled his typical garbage and "shot" on Suwama, no doubt making his mentor Inoki proud and on Tenryu's retirement show no less. (They have a rivalry going back for years and years without ever having a big match or anything that more or less turned real) And for what? An MMA challenge? Screw that and I'm not as harsh on Suwama because he at least did try but the men who really won were Strong BJ. So happy the crowd booed Fujita/Suwama and chanted BJW. As entertainment though, I can't deny it was one heck of a spectacle. I just wish half the match was more interested in wrestling than promoting RIZIN and trying to put themselves over everything. (And even if this does somehow happen. From Ibushi to Tanahashi to these two? What a MMA fed.)

Agreed about the main, was enjoyable. Not a good match. I bet NJPW nearly had a collective heart attack when Tenryu destroyed Okada on the Powerbomb. Tenryu seemed like he wanted to go out leaving a mark on Okada who worked hard and took what Tenryu gave. My only wish is that Tenryu would have won just for the crowd reaction. Knew Tenryu would get a huge reaction. Didn't think Okada would get booed so much. The post was very cool and a great send-off.

As a show on the whole, for the good and the bad, I'm not sure there's been a more fun and memorable show this year.
    Last edited by Zero; 11-16-2015 at 02:12 AM.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

FUCK FACE

Status

New Japan World is now Chromecastable.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

General thoughts on New Year Dash -

I like Sydal/Ricochet together, they've got some fun offense and they were probably my favored team in that four way tag. Not a big fan of Ricochet's faux swag but otherwise, I like the two. Devid Finlay and Jay White weren't too shabby either, despite their very bland look, I can only assume that's because they're Young Lions/in the undercard at the moment. Overall a fun match.

I dunno why you hate Jay Lethal, Zero. I do think he has some stale performances (his title win wasn't really great and the Elgin match was boring) but I really enjoyed him vs. O'Reilly last year. This match against Juice Robinson was actually better than Elgin vs. Lethal Though I agree, the Lethal Injection is pointless jobber theatrics, yet still funny to see him and the crowd all call it out like he's an anime character. Don't know why an ROH World Champion needs help against an easy undercard guy, that's the sort of match where he shouldn't need the help of Martini to win.

Why is poor Yosh still on commentary?

My goodness. Pretty sure theres only like 3 guys I like out of these ten folks. Hate Makabe, Tenzan, Kojima, not a fan of any of the Bullet Club members sans Tama Tonga and don't care for Haku. Match wasn't totally offensive, and KUSHIDA got to bad ass on the entirety of BC and Haku was nice. Why does Karl Anderson copy the entirety of Randy Orton mannerisms for the RKO? Just add in Tonga's slithering and he's basically Bald Orton. I wonder what finisher he'll use in the WWE though. Honma did not get nearly enough offense in this one.

Plastic scythe and stupid light show makes EVIL look stupid. I can't really get behind Los Ingobernables since all of their matches end up wittled down by the cheap tactics. If they toned it down for the legitimately big matches, I'd be cool with it but since it's a constant, its just frustrating. EVIL/Elgin and Dorada/BUSHI matches seem like they'd be fun to watch, looking forward to what looks like a BUSHI/KUSHIDA match. Obviously I don't understand whatever they said but would it be a title for title or unification match between JR Heavyweight and World Welterweight? Still, if we can get a clean match without much interference should be fun. Oh and a Naito/Tanahashi match again would be great, pretty sure I enjoyed their G1 match.

Lol, the foreshadowing with Omega is better now that I know what's happening. A.J. needs to trim his hair, looks horrific straight and slightly long like that. Go back to the late TNA length. I don't like YOSHIHASHI's look, which for my shallow self, is a big deal for getting into someone. I enjoyed the match itself. And I'm still not on board the Omega hate (particularly because whoa - NO INTERFERENCE!?), I enjoy him, and even though he's got the whole weird mannerism shtick going, it's weirdly endearing. Don't even mind him on the mic either. I'm not sure about the whole 'faux anime villain' description someone gave him since I don't get any anime at all out of his character. YOSHIHASHI wasn't bad and every A.J./Nak interaction made me want another match between the two. Was Styles trying to get Omega away from Nak in a sort of "respect you too much for post-match attack" or was he just desperate to give Omega some love? Also, random, if not for the hair, Omega would look like a very generic NJPW undercard gaijin a la Finlay/White. I am curious as to how they're gonna deal with Gallows/Anderson out of it too. Or maybe they did it intentionally since the duo will probably end up with Balor. I can see Omega challenging for the IC, I don't mind him as much as everyone else. I can't see him taking the A.J. Styles role and being NJPW's ace gaijin. I don't know who else they could get for that role though. Elgin isn't the for me, especially after the mediocre Lethal match. I'm super interested to see which kind of gaijin come in with Styles/Gallows/Anderson gone. Something fresh would be neat. Loved the post-match standing ovation.

In direct contrast to the other tag matches in this show, this is like a hall of my favorite NJPW wrestlers. Love pretty much every guy in that ring. Why does Okada have the leg he refused to sell, bandaged? Shibata murdering RPG Vice when they tried the apron attack I cringe anytime Shibata and Ishii start throwing forearms at each other, looks and sounds so brutal. This match was fun as fuck, it was great to see everyone clash, would love an O'Reilly vs. Ishii match even though I doubt I'll ever get one. Though Okada could've used more in-ring time, him vs. Shibata seems like it'd be great to watch. Really wish I could understand japanese for those post-match promos. Are we getting a Shibata/Ishii rematch? Looks like it.

Skipped the ME, seemed pointless.

It was actually a really fun show. Watched it without commentary though.

From what I'm getting, it's looking like

Okada/Goto, BUSHI/KUSHIDA, Shibata/Ishii and Nak/Omega? Maybe a Tanahashi/Elgin vs. EVIL/Naito?

Status
    Jay White's awesome and Finlay's pretty good. I also like Ricochet/Sydal as a team but do agree that Ricochet doesn't really pull off being cool or whatever.

Lethal just hasn't ever clicked with me on that level. But I wouldn't say I hate him, he's not someone like...on NJPW, I'd probably say the worst wrestler is Juice (Poor Elgin. ). He's someone who I feel like is an awful pro wrestler and has no business on this stage. The Bucks are terrible not necessarily in their execution but because they make a mockery of every match they're in and they have no intention of having sound psychology or making their matches interesting in a wrestling sense. Lethal isn't like either of those, he's just kind of meh when I watch him. (FWIW I'd rate Lethal higher than nearly every other ROH guy in NJPW)

Bald Orton. Orton's been bald at points too tbf, totally should be a team in WWE.

I wouldn't say I hate Omega deep down either, but his matches in this past year have been horrendously bad. If he works a less cartoonish version of himself with his facials and cut his shenanigans he can be decent, just like on 1/4 he was actually pretty legitimately good. But people have been saying this for awhile now and more of the same won't make me happy. Thought that tag was pretty good all around and the post-match came across really well, and he's probably who we're getting as top gaijin since he's the only one under contract. Much like BC before it or Naito, if he does his schtick over and over it won't work longterm. (Omega's gimmick in DDT was essentially a nerd, one of his moves was the Hadouken from Street Fighter and all that but that's way different than now and stopped years ago)

I think your predictions are right on the money, only caveat is BUSHI's probably dropping his title back to Dorada on one of the FantasticaMania shows before he goes back to México. TNB should at least be fun.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Jay White's awesome and Finlay's pretty good. I also like Ricochet/Sydal as a team but do agree that Ricochet doesn't really pull off being cool or whatever.

Lethal just hasn't ever clicked with me on that level. But I wouldn't say I hate him, he's not someone like...on NJPW, I'd probably say the worst wrestler is Juice (Poor Elgin. ). He's someone who I feel like is an awful pro wrestler and has no business on this stage. The Bucks are terrible not necessarily in their execution but because they make a mockery of every match they're in and they have no intention of having sound psychology or making their matches interesting in a wrestling sense. Lethal isn't like either of those, he's just kind of meh when I watch him. (FWIW I'd rate Lethal higher than nearly every other ROH guy in NJPW)

Bald Orton. Orton's been bald at points too tbf, totally should be a team in WWE.

I wouldn't say I hate Omega deep down either, but his matches in this past year have been horrendously bad. If he works a less cartoonish version of himself with his facials and cut his shenanigans he can be decent, just like on 1/4 he was actually pretty legitimately good. But people have been saying this for awhile now and more of the same won't make me happy. Thought that tag was pretty good all around and the post-match came across really well, and he's probably who we're getting as top gaijin since he's the only one under contract. Much like BC before it or Naito, if he does his schtick over and over it won't work longterm. (Omega's gimmick in DDT was essentially a nerd, one of his moves was the Hadouken from Street Fighter and all that but that's way different than now and stopped years ago)

I think your predictions are right on the money, only caveat is BUSHI's probably dropping his title back to Dorada on one of the FantasticaMania shows before he goes back to México. TNB should at least be fun.
    You're not on the Strong to NJPW bandwagon. Who would you like to see from 'Merica come in as a top gaijin within NJPW's reach?

If BUSHI is going back to Mexico, how much of a lifeline does the whole Los Ingobernables have? Or did you mean Dorada would take the Welterweight title on his way back to Mexico. Would make me much happier if it was BUSHI leaving and the coming death of Los Ingobernables. Naito worked infinitely better on his own. This whole EVIL nonsense doesn't even work from my perspective. Naito's personality when he started it for me was just that he doesn't give a shit. The EVIL/BUSHI part of it just feels so off :/

Status

I wish Strong would come in and be this year's AJ! But I doubt it will be that way outside of a potential G1 run, he's an indy staple. Strong would be my number 1 pick and a lot of the guys I like on the indies wouldn't work for various reasons (Jay/Sydal/Shelley are already there, Hero's in NOAH, Thatcher and the other grapplers are all EVOLVE affiliated) PJ Black has done a lot of good work on the indies, has the WWE connection, is bigger than Omega, and would fit right in in NJPW's current style which is tricky. As odd as it is to say for NJPW he'd be someone that would be worth a look. In ROH I don't see anyone of interest who could outside of Roddy really.

Dorada's going back to México. He's getting replaced by another Luchador for a year. (Rumored to be Cavernario...a caveman) Ingobernables will probably all be in and out of México at some point sadly I doubt that means the group's ending anytime soon. And speaking of wrestlers I do hate EVIL's right at the top of my list so I'm with you.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Status

Okada welcoming CHAOS newest member.

and here's a spreadsheet someone did with every match on NJPW and what matches were recommended to watch.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...oa7pI/htmlview

FUCK FACE

Status

Just reading my first post again, completely forgot that I was going over the top with my enthusiasm because Tommy and Crocker were insufferable over how great the WWE Network is and how every wrestling fan should have it.

#DayOneSubscriber

Status

NJPW Owner Kidani interview: NJPW will be able to pay more money to wrestlers and he wants to get more wrestlers with a relationship WWE involved in New Japan. He says he's going to do that until "the other side" says: "Let's get along."
    Pretty interesting development. A lot of people saying WWE doesn't have much to gain from this, but seriously I think they do.

Would be pretty amazing seeing WWE Network have a new level for a combo deal with this.

NJPW could certainly improve from the English side.

Also, with WWE having some guys that need more seasoning, or a revamp would be amazing seeing them go to Japan. In the past with WCW New Japan would pay some of those guys big bucks over there.

Anyway, could be a pipe dream right now, but seriously would be great to me.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

It will never happen IMO.

Either I'm dumb or that quote is horribly translated. There's no way I can tell what he means when he says this shit. Does he mean he's going to start taking people from WWE?

New Japan really don't need to go after WWE. I suppose, it's retaliation to some degree.

But I think NJPW is comfortable where it is, pushing out a product that mainly focuses on the casual Japanese wrestling fan. Similar to how WWE mainly caters to western casuals. I think there's a lot of problems to be had for NJPW if they start trying to cater to a global audience.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 01-08-2018 at 03:00 PM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

FUCK FACE

Status

Big chat from the man that wanted to go to war with them after the 2016 raid

I'm thinking something must of been translated wrong and what he means is he wants to explore more signings like the Chris Jericho where everyone assumes he's WWE for life, but New Japan are an attractive proposition and they make the switch. I think it's more a point about being as competitive financially in what they offer wrestlers and can sign people from under WWE's noses now.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Big chat from the man that wanted to go to war with them after the 2016 raid

I'm thinking something must of been translated wrong and what he means is he wants to explore more signings like the Chris Jericho where everyone assumes he's WWE for life, but New Japan are an attractive proposition and they make the switch. I think it's more a point about being as competitive financially in what they offer wrestlers and can sign people from under WWE's noses now.

Yeah, that's what I think too. Kidani doesn't like WWE

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Following the success of Shin Nippon Pro Wrestling's annual maximum entertainment, the success of the Tokyo Dome Convention on 4th January, Kiyotaki Takaaki owner said, "It was a great variety and it was good that we could have enjoyed any fans of any layer. In particular I did not think that Maine and Semi.Jericho could do so much.Junior was also good.The mobilization was 34,005 people? As for the dome today's figure was supposed to be two years later, so the plan is 2 It is ahead of schedule two years later, I would like to have the outfield perfectly.The most important task is to train Japanese young star players.I want you to have a star in their 20s in the heavyweight. I remember it,There were 1,890 fans club members six years ago. It is now over 12,000 people. The base is rising. Various synergies are occurring. Sales of New Japan are also rising. I will be able to pay more (fight money), and I also want more players involved with WWE to appear. I will do it until I say "Let's get along" from the other side. It has not become an adversarial relationship yet. It is also important to build a foundation in the United States. "
    That's the full story, and definitly google translated.

This is the link to the original story.

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prore...prores/877789/

Status

I think you guys are right about bad translation. and I certainly think like you guys said he's more interested in signing away big time WWE talent.

Status

I don't think NJPW will ever be in a position where they can threaten WWE like his quote implies. But it's an interesting thing to think about.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

After the success of signing Jericho, doesn't surprise me that he wants to sign more WWE talents. He does need established talents to be able to fully expand into the US.
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

Status

Here's a video talking about the schedule for NJPW Make sure to have CC on to fully understand.

Thread Information