Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJPW World - The NJPW Network~!

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NJPW World - The NJPW Network~!

Watched Tag League Finals last night which appeared a few hours after the show had ended. Excellent quality and didn't lag at all, very impressed. It wasn't the greatest show in the world because.....well it was Tag League.....but it was a fun way to kill a few hours and a good night of build for Wrestlekingdom.

Oh and Maria was there gyrating, Maria in HD ftw.

Decided to go ahead and try out NJPW World for a month. I know there's some airplay options when it comes to the Roku, so I can try it that way.

Just looking around and obviously the biggest drawback is the language barrier. Luckily, there's some English and dates listed, so it's not too difficult to search out what you're looking for. I LOVE that the player is the same type that Youtube has. That's a huge step up from the WWE Network's player. Likewise, they even have an option between high and low quality, something that the WWE Network should have had ages ago.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Welcome to the network brother, you've timed it better than me, I'll have to pay another month to get the Dome show although I can't see me cancelling this any time soon. Interesting to hear your comparisons to the WWE Network, seems like there's a few things they're doing better than the WWE network.

The language barrier isn't so much of an issue when you use Chrome because it translates the important bits to English, I don't think it'll be too long until we get an English version of this though given their growth in America and the upcoming GFW stuff.

I tend to navigate at the moment through the ring button which brings up the shows in a chronological order, but the tags are cool too.

What really helps is if you use Google translate and type in a wrestler's name so you get the Japanese spelling. Type in that Japanese spelling in the search bar and *Bam* you have every Tanahashi match on NJPW World.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    What really helps is if you use Google translate and type in a wrestler's name so you get the Japanese spelling. Type in that Japanese spelling in the search bar and *Bam* you have every Tanahashi match on NJPW World.
    Not really necessary when your browser does this:

But I guess that would come in more handy if there was an obscure wrestler I wanted to watch who'd only have like 3 matches on the network.

I'm doing something wrong then. The problem seems to be that once I sign-in, Google stops translating the page into English.

*Edit* I guess the quick translation only works in Chrome and not Comodo Dragon.
    Last edited by Jim; 12-09-2014 at 01:07 AM.

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Decided to go ahead and try out NJPW World for a month. I know there's some airplay options when it comes to the Roku, so I can try it that way.
    Any update with this? Or is everything still just browser based at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by BenWah View Post
    Any update with this? Or is everything still just browser based at this point?
    If you have a Chromecast, I presume you can just use airplay to watch it on your TV while it's playing on Chrome.

Getting a decent grasp for what's on NJPW World and I'm a little surprised they didn't add matches from some WWE names. Not one Brock Lesnar match, even though he wrestled on a Tokyo Dome show? I would have expected at least something from Bryan Danielson. You do get a decent selection of Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant and even a Dino Bravo match though.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Keep in mind there are still some kinks in the search. Like Alex Shelley is listed as Patrick Martin. Dynamite Kid is Thomas Billington, Jushin Liger is Beast God Liger, Yuji Nagata is Hiroshi Nagata, etc. Maybe Brock's listed under some strange alternate name.
    I'm a good looking guy, but you show absolutely no interest in dating me! But...you're so nice to me.

What was I supposed to do? It's only natural that I'd fall in love...

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Keep in mind there are still some kinks in the search. Like Alex Shelley is listed as Patrick Martin. Dynamite Kid is Thomas Billington, Jushin Liger is Beast God Liger, Yuji Nagata is Hiroshi Nagata, etc. Maybe Brock's listed under some strange alternate name.
    I can't speak for the others, but I know when you click on the Dynamite Kid tag, all of his matches, both the Dyno and the Thomas Billington ones come up.

There is the error of listing Davey Richards as Charlie Haas though.

I doubt Brock is under some other name though. You can look through matches from different wrestlers, years or actual events and in the case of the 2006 Tokyo Dome show, there's only 10 matches and the last one is the Tenzan tag. For some odd reason, Lesnar vs Nakamura just isn't on there.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

There should now be a 'select language' button at the bottom of every NJPWWorld page for even better translations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    There should now be a 'select language' button at the bottom of every NJPWWorld page for even better translations.
    It's not even been two full weeks and New Japan are already starting to fix some of the very few problems? Man, if only other wrestling streaming sites were that fast.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Japs > Yanks when it comes to customer service it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Japs > Yanks when it comes to customer service it seems.
    Meanwhile, the WWE Network still has the shittiest streaming player interface I've ever come across.

On Vacation

Status

I've read somewhere online that they've took a the Brock Lesnar matches offline, any idea why.

It sounds like a pretty dick move to me, it would be like the WWE Network taking all of Pinks matches off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    I've read somewhere online that they've took a the Brock Lesnar matches offline, any idea why.

It sounds like a pretty dick move to me, it would be like the WWE Network taking all of Pinks matches off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess it has something to do with NJPW not being entirely sure whether they freely own (100% ownership that is) matches featuring talents that weren't regulars, but rather special appearances. I imagine the Brock, TNA and Ogawa matches will return in the future if New Japan can tell if they're legally able to show the matches without the other parties needing to receive some pay for them.

Not a dick move, just a legal issue. I imagine it's why the WWE isn't able to show those WCW/New Japan super shows on the WWE Network, yet New Japan can on the NJPW World.

Status

A good amount of the TNA/NJPW stuff is on youtube and hasn't been taken down, so I would imagine that would probably be on the network?

Quote Originally Posted by BenWah View Post
    A good amount of the TNA/NJPW stuff is on youtube and hasn't been taken down, so I would imagine that would probably be on the network?
    Just because it's on Youtube doesn't mean it's legal though. In theory, a NJPW/TNA match that is currently on Youtube could be taken down tomorrow. Not to mention, Youtube is anonymous. If a company finds some of their owned footage on Youtube, who can they sue? All they're going to do is tell Youtube to remove it. Now, that's a big difference compared to a regular company benefiting financially by having another company's owned footage on their network.

Youtube is a poor comparison because a company needs to realize that some of their footage is uploaded to the site before the footage can be removed.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

So WWE's Network cancellation page wasn't the only wrestling network which suffered from heavy traffic today. Apparently NJPW World was down for a bit due to increased traffic, most likely caused by more Royal Rumble backlash; wouldn't surprise me if some of those that cancelled the WWE Network signed up for NJPW World at the same time.

It's also been announced that the network has hit the 20k subscribers mark after just 2 months. IIRC Sugabayashi targeted 30k in the first year, so that's an encouraging start. Would love to know what % of that is overseas subscribers.

Thread Information