Thread: Where's Darryl: The Twelve Bar Blues

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Where's Darryl: The Twelve Bar Blues

It's been two months since Darryl Digby appeared in a FWA ring. The internet rumor mill has been running rampant, trying to explain his absence. Was he injured? Did he simply up and leave after suffering yet another loss to Randy Ramon? The best was Darryl contracting pneumonia after inhaling gobs of applesauce.

The last was oddly closest to the truth, only it wasn't Darryl who had pneumonia; it was his mother. Joyce Dobbens passed away a week after his last match. Richie had called while Darryl was working out and relayed the news.

Joyce had always been a wonderful mother. No one had supported Derrick more on his road to wrestling stardom as she did. She would sit and listen to his impromptu interviews as he was growing up. She always had nothing but constructive criticism to help him grow and be better. She had her faults too. She smoked like a chimney ever since she was 18 and more than once this had sparked fights between her and her son.

Now she was gone and the void left in Derrick's heart was expansive.

Derrick had hopped on a plane the next day to travel to New York for the wake. Richie met him at the airport when he touched down.

"I'm so sorry for your loss Derrick. The docs did everything they could to revive her but she had too much fluid on her lungs. They say her heart drowned,or some such."

Maybe it was the fact that this wasn't really his father. Maybe it was that cool matter-of-fact delivery he had. Whichever the case, Derrick found Richie's voice to be like nails on a chalkboard. He ignored the hug that was offered and slumped into the car to go see his mom for the last time.

Derrick couldn't believe she was gone. Even as he looked down at her she seemed more to be sleeping than dead. He held her lifeless hand for what seemed like an eternity. Finally he could no longer stand the chill of her flesh and wiping a single tear from his eye, walked out of the funeral home.

Richie was already in the parking lot. Derrick watched as he pulled a cigarette from his pack. A tension wire snapped in Derrick's mind as he saw this and he was moving even before he realized it.

Derrick didn't say a word at first. He threw a right cross that knocked the cigarette clean out from between Richie's pursed lips.

"You let this happen you miserable piece of sh*t.", Derrick said knocking Richie to the ground and beginning to turn Richie's face into burger.

A couple of onlookers tried to break up the melee but Derrick simply shrugged them off.

Someone must have called the police because they showed up just a few minutes later. A couple of large,burly policemen came and started to pull Derrick off Richie. Derrick resisted, punching one hard enough that the policeman was knocked clean out and then starting to advance on the other before a taser shot left Derrick a quivering mass on the ground.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

Derrick woke up in a New York jail cell. His trap muscles were still convulsing from the taser. He was arraigned the following day, and sentenced to 3 months in jail for battery, resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer.

He was two months into his bid when he was told he had a visitor. He was shocked to see the wrestler known as Syn, someone he had worked with briefly, staring at him in the visitor's room.

Syn extended his hand and began to speak.

"Long time buddy. I wanted to let you know, I'm in FWA now."

"I'm not."

"I can see that. Actually that's what I wanted to talk to you about. I hear you refused to post bail?"

"I didn't see much point. Momma always said you gotta be willing to do the time if you're willing to do the crime..."

"I want to post your bail for you. I want you to come back to FWA."

"Why?"

"Cause you're one of the best I've ever worked with bro and you don't belong in a place like this. You belong in the ring"

"Why do I get the feeling there's a catch to all this?"

"Cause you know me. I always have a plan and you're not wrong. There is a catch. I'll post your bail and smooth thing over to get you back in FWA, but I need you to take care of something for me."

Syn told Derrick what he'd need to do and small glint formed in Derrick's eye for the first time since his mother's passing. It seemed he might have a place in this world and in FWA afterall. With a smile, Derrick shook Syn's hand.

"So it's settled then, huh D?" Syn asked.

"I'll get it done."

"Good. Let's get you outta here buddy."

**End**

Don't Cry Jennifer

Status
      Country                    Norway

Re: Where's Darryl: The Twelve Bar Blues

Nice. This is extremely well detailed. I enjoy your work as always.

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Status

#ThisIsAwesome

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    us=United States

thanks guys.

Fry From Futurama

Status

loved it bro we always did good work together.
    The Name is Frank Blaze ...

Applesauce Bitch

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

This was a cool write up.

Thread Information