Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NXT Takeover: R Evolution - December 11th, 2014 - Card & Discussion

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

NXT Takeover Special NXT Takeover: R Evolution - December 11th, 2014 - Card & Discussion

Current card:

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    For Sami Zayn, it all comes down to one match. It’s all or nothing as the fiery French-Canadian challenges NXT Champion Adrian Neville at TakeOver: R Evolution, and has promised himself that he will either win the NXT Title or walk away from NXT.

The rivalry between the two friends has been brewing since TakeOver: Fatal 4-Way in September, when Zayn was on the verge of capturing the NXT Championship, only for Neville to yank him out of the ring, superkick him and go on to retain the title himself.

Since then, a series of tough losses have made the resilient Zayn journey down a road to redemption to prove to himself, Neville and NXT GM William Regal that he’s worthy of challenging for the title, let alone holding it. Zayn defeated Tyson Kidd, Titus O’Neil and Tyler Breeze along the way, while Neville hounded him about not being able to “win the big one.”

Neville eventually agreed to put his title on the line against Zayn on the Nov. 13 edition of NXT. After missing an attempted Red Arrow, the NXT Champion suffered a knee injury, bringing the match to a grinding halt. Zayn joined the referee in checking on the fallen champion, only for Neville to roll him up and retain the title. The move left a stunned Zayn sitting in the ring, having learned a hard lesson in what a champion will do to hold on to his title.

One week later, a dejected Zayn called Neville out and challenged him to one last NXT Championship Match. Neville, not wanting “to be responsible for ending [Zayn’s] dream,” seemed reluctant to accept. However, William Regal made the match official, setting the stage for one of the biggest championship matches in NXT history.

Can Sami Zayn prove to himself and the world that he’s worthy of the NXT Championship, or will Adrian Neville extinguish his friend’s fire and hold on to the title? Find out at NXT TakeOver: R Evolution, LIVE on WWE Network Thursday, Dec. 11 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT!

At WWE NXT TakeOver: R Evolution, two of NXT’s brightest new Superstars, Hideo Itami & Finn Bálor, will join forces to battle the most dominant tag team in NXT history, The Ascension.

This simmering rivalry took root at NXT TakeOver: Fatal 4-Way in September when Konnor & Viktor, incensed over losing the NXT Tag Team Titles earlier that night, spoiled Itami’s introduction to the WWE Universe by ambushing the acclaimed grappler from Japan. Though Itami was able to handle himself that night, The Ascension’s interest in ridding NXT of the newcomer turned into an obsession, with Konnor & Viktor not only viciously attacking Itami but also his mentor and friend, Funaki.

Enter Finn Bálor. With Itami’s back seemingly against the wall, he reached out to the Irish-born Superstar to help him turn back The Ascension, and on the Nov. 6 edition of NXT, they did just that. Mere moments after Itami introduced his friend, the two international fighters cut Konnor & Viktor down to size in an exhilarating blitz.

Anxious to remind everyone — most of all, Itami & Bálor — of their well-deserved bad reputation, The Ascension made a statement weeks later when they trashed two teams, Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady and Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder, in a brutal beatdown and then promised to “rise again.” Then, on the Nov. 27 edition of WWE NXT, The Ascension attacked Bálor during his match against Tyson Kidd, prompting Itami to enter the scene and setting off a wild, pull-apart brawl!

Which team will prevail when NXT TakeOver: R Evolution airs live on WWE Network? Will the dynamic combo of Itami & Bálor prove to be more than Konnor & Viktor can handle, or will they succumb to the Fall of Man? To find out, watch NXT TakeOver: R Evolution on WWE Network Thursday, Dec. 11, at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.

NXT Tag Team Champions The Lucha Dragons will set out to vanquish The Vaudevillains when they defend their titles against the dastardly duo at WWE NXT TakeOver: R Evolution.

Since winning a No. 1 Contenders’ Battle Royal last month by eliminating The Ascension, the duo of Aiden English & Simon Gotch has been out to get inside the champions’ heads and throw them off their game before their title showdown. The Vaudevillains’ mind games began with a vicious attack on a pair of little people in lucha libre masks, showing what little respect they had for Kalisto & Sin Cara’s proud heritage.

The challengers have also taken to the silver screen to get inside The Lucha Dragons’ heads, unveiling an old-timey silent film where Gotch & English ridiculed their foes.

The champions have chosen to do their talking between the ropes. The Lucha Dragons showed that they are more than ready to defend their titles with an impressive victory over Jason Jordan & Tye Dillinger.

Will The Lucha Dragons’ blinding speed be enough to overcome their dastardly foes, or will The Vaudevillains scheme their way to the NXT Tag Team Championships? Find out at NXT TakeOver: R Evolution, live on WWE Network Thursday, Dec. 11 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT!

The careers of NXT Women’s Champion Charlotte and Sasha Banks may have diverged with the splintering of the BFFs, but on Dec. 11 at WWE NXT TakeOver: R Evolution, their paths will intersect in what is sure to be heated and fiercely competitive championship bout.

The self-proclaimed “baddest Diva in NXT,” Sasha has ratcheted up the intensity in recent months, coinciding with her renewed focus on winning the Women’s Championship from her onetime partner in crime. To support her claim, Sasha has made recent examples of Alexa Bliss and Bayley, trouncing both and making them submit to her lethal Bank Statement lung-blower/crossface combination. Bayley, in particular, has suffered at the hands of The Boss, who’s taken up Becky Lynch as her new cohort.

Together, Sasha & Becky — aka, Team B.A.E. (Best At Everything) — have relentlessly bullied NXT’s happy-go-lucky, hug-loving Diva, and the duo’s cruel antics have run afoul of NXT’s premier Diva, Charlotte. The NXT Women’s Champion has taken it upon herself to look out for Bayley and even the odds, when possible.

Declaring herself a genetically superior athlete, Charlotte has been on a roll since winning the NXT Women’s Title at NXT TakeOver in May. Will her luck change when she defends against Sasha on Dec. 11, live on WWE Network? Unlike Charlotte’s previous challengers, Sasha not only has a personal connection with the champion, but she may also have deeper insight into Charlotte’s game plan, given the months they spent together, side by side. Add in the X-factor of Sasha’s new alliance with Becky, and the possibilities are endless.

Watch what happens when the former BFF allies square off with the Women’s Title hanging in the balance at NXT TakeOver: R Evolution, live on WWE Network Thursday, Dec. 11, at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.

Last edited by Jim; 02-04-2015 at 01:08 PM.
    BTB Achievements
    Current BTB - WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

+
    FIVE BTBOTM AWARDS

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: NXT Takeover: R Evolution - December 11th, 2014 - Card & Discussion

This is Zayn's last chance at the NXT Title, no way he's losing and leaving NXT without winning the title. Hopefully I'm right, and we dance naked into the streets if he wins!

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Kevin Owens debut on this night too.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

As much as I'm looking forward to the title match, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Owens ever more. Can't wait for this show.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yes how you could forget Owens debut, we'll see if we see a old rivalry will be brought back to life after that main event won't we?

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Looking good so far. Sami is a sure thing for the title I'd say, and they should put on a quality main event. I'm interested to see where they go after this. Hoping for Itami/Balor vs Ascension, this will be a fun tag. As for Steen/Owen debuting, I am very excited to see how he adapts to the WWE style. I imagine it will just be an appearance rather than a match, but will still be cool to see him.

[be more kind]

Status

So what's with this "R Evolution" nonsense instead of "Revolution"?

Comeback King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    So what's with this "R Evolution" nonsense instead of "Revolution"?
    It's a play on Our Evolution
    Last edited by Order; 11-21-2014 at 05:02 PM.
    BTB Achievements
    Current BTB - WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

+
    FIVE BTBOTM AWARDS

Merry Christmas

Status

^I wonder who came up with that?

MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Status

Pretty sure we'll see Vaudevillians vs. Lucha Dragons for the title, Hideo/Baloe vs. The Ascension, Charlotte vs. Sasha, Corbin vs. Bull, maybe Breeze vs. Mojo too. Should be a solid little event especially with Neville Vs. Zayn and the debut of Owens

On Vacation

Status

Sami needs to win the title, Sasha needs to win the title from Charlotte (and then she gets transferred to the main roster for a feud leading up to WM), The Vaudevillains win the tag titles (sending Lucha Dragons to the main roster) and Tyler Breeze needs to win number one contendership for the NXT Championship.

Sweet Meat

Status

Man this is gonna be so fuckin STELLAR.

Still pulling for Owens to attack Zayn post match

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by EeL View Post
    Sami needs to win the title, Sasha needs to win the title from Charlotte (and then she gets transferred to the main roster for a feud leading up to WM), The Vaudevillains win the tag titles (sending Lucha Dragons to the main roster) and Tyler Breeze needs to win number one contendership for the NXT Championship.
    You don't have to lose your NXT title before you get called up to the main roster, Seth Rollins, Big E and Paige were all Champions in NXT when they got called up, they just did double duty for a while.

Show should be very good, stacked from top to bottom if you read between the lines and work out the full card from storylines, probably the best show of December considering WWE hit a lull this time of year. They've been building most the year to Sami winning the NXT title so it should be a great moment when it finally comes off. Can't see where Tyson Kidd fits in unfortunately. The name of the show sucks though, decent play on words but looks pretty awful spelled out.

Solomon Crowe surely debuts on this special ok maybe not
    Last edited by Ed; 11-22-2014 at 05:51 AM.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Sweet Meat

Status

crowes never coming is he

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Ugh, don't talk about Crowe. That still makes me sad.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Curtain Jerker

Status

My money is on Steen interfering in the title match and that leading to a feud with Zayn. Zayn loses but doesn't have to walk away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Merry Christmas

Status

Owens could come out and help against Ascension creating a 3 man stable?

Belgian Champion

Status
      Country                    Belgium

Maybe Zayn loses and comes back as El Generico for a short while

Merry Christmas

Status

They've built up to Zayn winning and I don't see anything else happening.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
    Owens could come out and help against Ascension creating a 3 man stable?
    Or preferably, not.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information