Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captain Marvel (2019)

Status
      Country                    United States

Captain Marvel (2019)

Release date: March 8, 2019(3D/2D theaters)
    Studio: Walt Disney Pictures, Marvel Studios
    Directors: Anna Boden, Ryan Fleck
    MPAA Rating: N/A
    Screenwriters: Nicole Perlman, Meg LeFauve, Geneva Robertson-Dworet
    Starring: Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Jude Law, DeWanda Wise
    Genre: Action, Adventure

Plot Summary: Brie Larson is attached to star as Carol Danvers, an Air Force pilot who gains powers after her DNA becomes fused with an alien after an accident. Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury will appear and have both of his eyes, because it will be set in the early ’90s. Ben Mendelsohn’s villain will likely be the leader of the alien race The Skrulls.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Captain Marvel (2018)

I swear Emily Blunt better get this role. You need a lady who carry herself well, and will be convinced that she is a superhero, and Emily Blunt proved to me all of that in Edge of Tomorrow. She could of kicked Tom Cruise's ass in the movie no sweat lol.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Boobage Expert

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post

I swear Emily Blunt better get this role. You need a lady who carry herself well, and will be convinced that she is a superhero, and Emily Blunt proved to me all of that in Edge of Tomorrow. She could of kicked Tom Cruise's ass in the movie no sweat lol.
    I'd mark out so hard for this.

Saddle Sally 3x FWA Womens Champion
    2013 & 2014 FWA Women Wrestler of the Year

The Semi-Published Works of iMatt

"An Affair of the Youth" feature film production journalElsa, The Great (Frozen fanfic)

Walt County

Status

Who Is Captain Marvel?

Created by writer Roy Thomas and artist Gene Colan, Ms. Marvel (the original name of Captain Marvel) first debuted in Marvel Comics in 1977, but it was nine years before that when readers were introduced to her alter ago, Carol Danvers. While serving as a member of the United States Air Force, she wound up being present during the explosion of a device created by the Kree (an alien race you may remember from Guardians of the Galaxy). As a result of this accident, Danvers' human genes are fused with those of a Kree, and the result is that she gains super powers.

Captain Marvel is super strong, can fly, both absorbs and projects energy, and even has limited precognitive abilities. In addition to her own run of comics, she's also been a part of many different teams and organizations over the years in the Marvel world, including The Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

It’s worth noting that the moniker Ms. Marvel has been used by multiple women in Marvel comics – including Sharon Ventura, Karla Sofen, and, most recently, Kamala Khan, but Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has confirmed that the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s first Ms. Marvel will definitely be Carol Danvers.

Who Will Play The Lead?

The casting process is easily one of the most exciting parts of any developing superhero project, but at this point in time there don’t appear to be any real official frontrunners from the gig. Of course, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t many actresses who have been getting asked about the idea of playing Captain Marvel and responding positively to the notion.

So who are these women? Well, one of the most vocal about the part has been Vikings star Katheryn Winnick, who has not only openly talked about her interest in playing the part, but has even gone as far as to post fan Photoshop with her in Captain Marvel’s costume. That being said, other actresses who have talked about joining the Marvel game include Emily Blunt, Jessica Chastain, Katee Sackhoff, and Shailene Woodley.

Who Will Direct?

With a release date not scheduled until 2018, it may still be a while before Marvel Studios officially finds the filmmaker that they want to make their Captain Marvel movie. Of course, that hasn’t stopped the rumor mill from suggesting names that could helm the project. One source has said that Angelina Jolie may be a choice for the film, and if chosen it would be her first time working on a big blockbuster. It would also potentially be the first Marvel film directed by a woman – though Thor: The Dark World was originally going to be helmed by Patty Jenkins.

Another possibility is that Marvel Studios will go "in house" for Captain Marvel. With The Avengers: Age of Ultron said to be Joss Whedon’s last Avengers movie, some have wondered if he could be the perfect filmmaker to make Marvel’s first female-led feature. The director hasn’t ruled out the potential opportunity, but at the same time he also does seem interested in pursuing other creative interests.

What Will It Be About?

As mentioned earlier, it has been officially confirmed that Carol Danvers will be the first ever live-action Captain Marvel in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but what exactly we can expect from her adventure-wise is currently a mystery. It’s worth noting that the studio has been developing a Captain Marvel movie for a number of years now, though obviously that story would have to grow and change in order to stay in line with the constantly growing continuity of the MCU.

The big question about the movie’s plot has been in regard to whether or not we can expect the film to deliver us a straight-forward origin story – though some sources have said that Marvel Studios is done with that route. If that’s the case, we’re left wondering if we might see the heroine’s origins either play out in a different movie, or if the background of her superpowers will be revealed simply through exposition/flashbacks in the solo film.

How Will It Fit Into The Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Captain Marvel actually sits in an interesting position in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and not just because she will be the first female superhero in the canon to get her own movie. The character is also one of few introduced so far who have ties to both the Earthbound world and the universe beyond the stars. To put it bluntly, she has fought with both The Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy, and we could wind up seeing her working with both groups on the big screen.

Exactly when and where her first team-up will come is still a mystery, however. Writer/director James Gunn has confirmed that she definitely won’t be appearing in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, which will be hitting theaters a full year and a half before the Captain Marvel solo movie does. At the very latest we will surely see her team up with all kinds of other superheroes in The Avengers: Infinity War Part 2, due out six months after Captain Marvel.
    Pretty good read by cinemablend. Kind of vague, but it's a start of some info. This character is all over the place though, I wonder how this will play out.

Status

Nbd just the literal greatest news ever

Tap Tap Tap

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Yooooo Mang

Status

This could be legit great

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Now I kinda want to see Civil War II: Robert Downey Jr. vs. Brie Larson.

Status

Captain Marvel bursts onto the scene at SDCC 2017

In a gala Hall H presentation at San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel Studios showcased Captain Marvel and surprised everyone with the setting of her film.

The story of Captain Marvel will take place in the early 1990s, preceding the events of Iron Man (the 2008 film). The Comic-Con panel confirmed that the movie will be the first Marvel Cinematic Universe appearance of the villainous alien Skrulls, as well as Nick Fury — with both of his eyes intact.

In concept art, Carol Danvers (Captain Marvel) is depicted in a navy blue costume with close-cropped hair. Davners was created in 1968 as Ms. Marvel, and gained her super powers in an accident that spliced her genetics with the alien Kree hero Captain Marvel.

In 2012, she assumed the mantle of her fallen associate, and has used the code name Captain Marvel ever since. Her super powers include flight, super-strength and the ability to absorb, project and generate bolts of energy, making her one of the most powerful heroes to enter the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Brie Larson was announced to play the title role in October of 2014, with Nicole Perlman (Guardians of the Galaxy) and Meg LeFauve coming on as screenwriters and Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck as co-directors. Samuel L. Jackson is also expected to appear as Nick Fury in the film.

Captain Marvel will premiere March 8, 2019.
    Pretty pumped for this.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Captain Marvel (2019)

The Skrulls are an interesting pull, they were originally intended for The Avengers but couldn't be used due to their association with the Fantastic Four & therefore Fox controlled their rights.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Please please please give us a Secret Invasion for a big team up movie too. Whether ot be a Civil War style team up or the 5th Avengers film.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Marvel in the 90's vs Skulls with Fury with both of his eyes, yeah they are going to need alot of help to take them out don't you think?

Real Women of Genius

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    The Skrulls are an interesting pull, they were originally intended for The Avengers but couldn't be used due to their association with the Fantastic Four & therefore Fox controlled their rights.
    I knew I didn't make that up. I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I read the news of the Skrulls being involved the other night. Could this mean a deal has been cut between Marvel and Fox for Fantastic Four properties? Fox have tried and failed with FF twice now (same as Sony and Spider-Man) and it only makes sense for Marvel to reach out to Fox about this.

I'd dig it if Phase Four brought the Fantastic Four into the fold of the MCU.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    Please please please give us a Secret Invasion for a big team up movie too. Whether ot be a Civil War style team up or the 5th Avengers film.
    I did it first tbh

Tap Tap Tap

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    Lock it in, it would be perfect to do the Secret Invasion that we saw in the Comics right after Infinity War when the team is going to be at it's weakest. If you think about what happened in Civil War, you can wrap it up perfectly with the Skrulls.

Real Women of Genius

Prince Of Joshi

Status

First look of Brie Larson as Captain Marvel. Don't worry people it's a short term Costume she's rocking, she'll rock the classic one by the end of the Movie mark my words on that.

Real Women of Genius

Prince Of Joshi

Status

On set Photos for the film and damn Brie looking Aces in the Captain Marvel Suit.

Real Women of Genius

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

I'm laughing at how ungrateful the internet is. The second these shots got release everyone started complaining that the trailer isn't out.

That suit is looking badass and it's interesting that Ronan and Korath seem to be on the same side as Carol here. I'm looking forward to this film quite a bit even though I know nothing about the character.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post
    I'm laughing at how ungrateful the internet is. The second these shots got release everyone started complaining that the trailer isn't out.
    The pros of not being on shit like Twitter now is that I don't see any of that nonsense anymore.

For the sake of comparison matching expectations, the first Black Panther teaser (similar release date window for reference) landed in June followed by the full trailer in October. So it's sorta overdue if you go by that timescale, but maybe that just means we're skipping the pointless teaser this time out.

Hail To The King

Status

Skrulls fuck yea! Larson looks good af so pumped

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    The pros of not being on shit like Twitter now is that I don't see any of that nonsense anymore.

For the sake of comparison matching expectations, the first Black Panther teaser (similar release date window for reference) landed in June followed by the full trailer in October. So it's sorta overdue if you go by that timescale, but maybe that just means we're skipping the pointless teaser this time out.
    Have Marvel ever standardised that kind of thing though? Like, have they ever been like, six months out you get set pics, four months out you get a one minute teaser, three months out is the full trailer and after that we'll bombard the world with posters, TV spots and extra trailers like our lives depended on it? If they have, I've never noticed and heard nothing from anyone else about that kind of thing either, so why people on Twitter and tumblr are whining now is beyond me.

Do I want to see a trailer? Fuck yes! Can I wait until it's 100% ready? Of course. I'm fed up of seeing trailer's with half finished CGI.

Thread Information