Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Captain Marvel (2019)

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Captain Marvel (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post
    Have Marvel ever standardised that kind of thing though? Like, have they ever been like, six months out you get set pics, four months out you get a one minute teaser, three months out is the full trailer and after that we'll bombard the world with posters, TV spots and extra trailers like our lives depended on it? If they have, I've never noticed and heard nothing from anyone else about that kind of thing either, so why people on Twitter and tumblr are whining now is beyond me.

Do I want to see a trailer? Fuck yes! Can I wait until it's 100% ready? Of course. I'm fed up of seeing trailer's with half finished CGI.
    Sort of. Take the end of April tent pole movie for example, full trailer for that is consistently end of October/beginning of November, with only Civil War's December debut to be considered "late".

It's not a huge thing, just the minor inconsequential sort of trivia I'm a nerd for.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Slap me and call me Susan fucking great first Trailer for this film. I loved that shot where Marvel who I think punched a Skull who was disguising itself on the Bus. Is she the only one who can figure out who is Human and who is a Skull as they seem to be starting an INVASION!!

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status
      Country                    United States

Yeah pretty cool trailer, gave you just enough to get you hooked.

Status

Looks great, happy to see Nick Fury back in the mix too.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Some people are worrying about how Brie Larson is acting in this Trailer saying it feels robotic or Terminator like. People gotta understand they give it off the Trailer of her feeling like an Alien even though she's Human. She doesn't remember her past life before what happened to her, so it would make sense everything is feeling new to her again. I would say though it's just the first Trailer we might see more of that charisma shine off in a future Trailer.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Here's an official poster.

Heel Champion

Status

Really excited for this movie. Enjoyed what I saw from the trailer. Gonna be trippy to see younger versions of Fury and Coulson

Status

Here's a new poster.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

If you didn't watch Monday Night Football you missed this. A few new Scenes it was better than the first Trailer to me, loved the beating up the Skull I knew it was a Skull it had to be. Probably my favorite moment has to be when she's in Space tearing and wrecking shit up as she uses her powers.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Here are two new sweet posters.
    Last edited by Necro; 01-07-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Status

The latest trailer made Danvers seem playful at times. We have enough super serious Marvel superheroes, so I dig that. Brie Larsson seems to do that kind of dynamic pretty well as well.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Sort of. Take the end of April tent pole movie for example, full trailer for that is consistently end of October/beginning of November, with only Civil War's December debut to be considered "late".

It's not a huge thing, just the minor inconsequential sort of trivia I'm a nerd for.
    I've never noticed this before at all. Clearly I'm less of a nerd that you, which makes me happy as that means I'm less of a nerd than someone at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post

Here are two new sweet posters.
    This films poster game is on point!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    The latest trailer made Danvers seem playful at times. We have enough super serious Marvel superheroes, so I dig that. Brie Larsson seems to do that kind of dynamic pretty well as well.
    I think you're thinking of DC, surely? I can't think of a single, super serious superhero in the MCU.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post
    I think you're thinking of DC, surely? I can't think of a single, super serious superhero in the MCU.
    I was being sarcastic. But only partly.

The Marvel movies have all had funny moments. Some have been outright hilarious. They have some amazing interactions between the characters. But what feels like a playful interaction doesn't actually mean the characters themselves are all that playful. Someone being playful is doing things for amusement and being lighthearted and on a somewhat regular basis. That's.... not really most of the MCU.

I'll leave aside the Guardians of the Galaxy, because they are kinda their own deal. But someone like Thor might seem playful in nature because he creates a lot of humor. But its really mostly awkward statements and interactions because he has a different way about him. He is a god, after all, and he has a self-awareness of his heroic nature. Similarly, Iron Man is hilarious at times.... but because he is sarcastic and he masks his overt narcissism in that sarcasm. Even when there are playful moments, they are not really playful characters. Which is honestly a credit to the writing.

In terms of characterizations, I wouldn't apply "playful" as a description to any of them. No, that doesn't mean they are all super serious characters. They can have some playful moments, but.... snark, sarcasm, witty banter... not automatically playful.

going by one or two moment in the trailer and assuming that's what they are doing with Captain Marvel is a pretty big leap. Again, part of being me being sarcastic. But if I remember correctly, Danvers was a bit that way in the comics, but she wasn't a character I read a lot of, so....
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I see what you're saying. Yeah, Thor's funny but mostly because of his "Other"-ness, and pretty much everyone else uses sarcasm as a defence mechanism in some form or other. Everyone has specifically playful moments but probably couldn't be characterised as playful. I'm watching Agent Carter at the minute and while a lot of her stuff could be dismissed as sarcasm, I think she's the closest to actually playful within the wider MCU - but I don't think I'd have said that based purely on her character in First Avenger.

Danvers looks like she's serious (that's the Kree in her) but able to find the humour in her incredibly weird situation, and there's a couple of moments in these trailers that certainly feel playful - whether or not that's an actual character trait or just an occasional impulse for the character is an entirely different matter.

Status

Here's a new poster.

Status

Here are two new posters.

Status

Here's a new poster, this movie is getting pretty solid reviews so far from what I'm reading.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Really enjoyed it. Got it a nudge above the midtier movies like 1st Avenger and Dr. Strange. Probably helped that I really like Brie Larson but it was a fun movie overall. I doubt it gets the love that Wonder Woman got but it was for sure better than WW in my opinion. Obligatory comparisons.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    Really enjoyed it. Got it a nudge above the midtier movies like 1st Avenger and Dr. Strange. Probably helped that I really like Brie Larson but it was a fun movie overall. I doubt it gets the love that Wonder Woman got but it was for sure better than WW in my opinion. Obligatory comparisons.
    I agree it's fun. However, I honestly would have Wonder Woman above it at first viewing. The opening act is a bit messy but once it hits Earth it settles down nicely. Would've liked some more Coulson but that's a fan wish more than anything. I agree it's in that same area as Dr. Strange quality wise, that's a fair comparison. Banging soundtrack too.

1st Avengers mid-tier though? Behave yourself.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    I agree it's fun. However, I honestly would have Wonder Woman above it at first viewing. The opening act is a bit messy but once it hits Earth it settles down nicely. Would've liked some more Coulson but that's a fan wish more than anything. I agree it's in that same area as Dr. Strange quality wise, that's a fair comparison. Banging soundtrack too.

1st Avengers mid-tier though? Behave yourself.

Sorry, I meant First Avenger as in the Captain America movie

Wonder Woman sort of bored me quite a bit and as everyone knows, that third act was pretty underwhelming.

Thread Information