Thread: Toy Story 4 (2019)

Status
      Country                    United States

Toy Story 4 (2019)

Release date: June 21, 2019.(3D/2D theaters and IMAX)
    Studio: Disney•Pixar
    Directors: John Lasseter, Josh Cooley
    MPAA Rating: N/A
    Screenwriters: Rashida Jones, Will McCormack
    Starring: Tim Allen, Tom Hanks, Annie Potts, Patricia Arquette, Joan Cusack
    Genre: Comedy, Action, Animation

Plot Summary: "Toy Story 4" will be a love story with Woody and Bo Peep, and will pick up where "Toy Story 3" left off, when Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the rest of the series’ toy chest of characters were handed down to a little girl named Bonnie.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Toy Story 4 (2017)

Yeah I don't know to feel about this, the third installment wrapped everything together nicely no need to make a fourth in my opinion. I guess for all the love we had during our childhood watching these films, they want to do it again for this generation I imagine? Why not buy the three movies and show it your kids lol. I wonder where the movie might take the toys, let's hope it's a decent movie.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    Yeah I don't know to feel about this, the third installment wrapped everything together nicely no need to make a fourth in my opinion. I guess for all the love we had during our childhood watching these films, they want to do it again for this generation I imagine? Why not buy the three movies and show it your kids lol. I wonder where the movie might take the toys, let's hope it's a decent movie.
    You could say all that about Toy Story 3 though.

They somehow made a fantastic Toy Story 3 and I'm all for giving them a chance with Toy Story 4.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Not to mention that it would be stupid to pass up the chance at another billion dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Kurt Russell Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Sweet Meat

Status

im mixed, where I know they'll perform as always, but three was literally the perfect ending. So we'll see.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

And to be honest, I think you're taking less of a risk by making Toy Story 4 than you took making Toy Story 3. With over a decade between Toy Story 2 and 3, there weren't any guarantee that kids of today would be interested in seeing Toy Story 3. Now with Toy Story 4, you have a whole new generation of Toy Story fans that will want to see Toy Story 4 because of how much they enjoyed watching the previous one when they were a young kid.

Even when you inflation into the equation, Toy Story 3 still brought in a shit ton more money than the previous two films. So it's not as if it's like most 4th film in a series where the most recent films aren't making as much as the most successful entries in the series.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

We will see won't we, their were a few scenes in Toy Story 3 that made me tear up. We'll see if we see anything new for the fourth installment, maybe Buzz or Woody get married?

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

On Vacation

Status

They can always start it as a new chapter in the franchise. The "Andy" trilogy is over, and now they might end up with a new owner. I think it'd be interesting if they do a storyline where toys are no longer relevant in today's world. As that seems to be the case in real life where kids prefer electronic devices over toys, it might be an interesting subject to touch on.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Toy Story is my favourite franchise ever but I am disappointed by this as I thought the trilogy ended perfectly. No doubt, I'll still go see this and I have no doubt it'll be amazing but personally, I liked the ending if Andy's tenure and believe it should have stayed that way.

Status

‘Toy Story 4′ Will Be a Love Story Between Woody and Bo Peep

Toy Story 3 was a lovely end to the Toy Story movies, and it would have been fine if Disney and Pixar had kept on with just a series of Toy Story shorts so that we could check in with these characters without having to shove them back into theaters. However, since the property is basically a license to print money, it was only a matter of time before Toy Story 4 was forced upon us, and the upcoming sequel was announced last November with a release date given for June 16, 2017.

Back in March, we reported that Toy Story 4 wouldn’t be a direct sequel, and it would be the studio’s first romantic comedy. But between which two characters? Buzz and Jessie have always been cute, but according to GMA’s Twitter, Toy Story 4 will be a love story between Woody and Bo Peep:

I guess this gives Pixar plenty of room to finally develop the Bo Peep character, who has always been a background love interest for Woody. She’s his girlfriend, but rarely an active character, and one who was increasingly pushed to the background in the sequels (she’s not even in Toy Story 3, and apparently in The Art of Toy Story 3 book, director Lee Unkrich says she was given away in a yard sale). If Pixar is intent on making this a love story, hopefully they finally flesh out her character and make her an equal with Woody rather than just putting a love story through his perspective.

Since Bo Peep will now have a significant role, it will be interesting to see if Pixar sticks with voice actress Annie Potts or goes for a bigger name. The studio has always been comfortable with going for the right voice over nabbing a celebrity, but since Toy Story 4 smacks of trying to pull in the biggest gross possible, I wouldn’t be surprised if they recast it. Expect to hear more about the film later today when Pixar has its presentation at D23.
    Well there you have it, Bo Peep's finally getting hers!

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Fuck!

That article was so cynical.

Pixar have always been happy to not just churn out a straight-to-video sequel to make a quick buck and the only film they've created so far that's considered a dud is Cars 2 (which I haven't seen yet) so I'm pretty confident that they haven't just decided to do this for the money - Inside Out more than proved they have the ideas for original films so if this is being made then I'd suggest the reason is that they came up with a good story and felt it a worthwhile to present to a mass audience. Let's face it, Pixar is basically unmatched for quality output; one supposed dud in twenty years of feature films - that's utterly ridiculous.

Status

Re: Toy Story 4 (2019)

It's official Toy Story 4 comes to theatres on June 21, 2019.

Status

Here are new posters.

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

So who is going to die?
    I have a plan so cunning......

Thread Information