Thread: NJPW: “King Of Pro Wrestling", October 13th, 2014 - Card & Discussion

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    es=Spain

NJPW NJPW: “King Of Pro Wrestling", October 13th, 2014 - Card & Discussion

NJPW “KING OF PRO-WRESTLING”, 10/13/14 (WPW)
    Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan
    1. Special 8 Man Tag Match: Togi Makabe, Yuji Nagata, Tomoaki Honma & Kota Ibushi vs. Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga
    2. NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Chase Owens (c) vs. BUSHI
    3. NWA World Tag Team Title: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
    4. Special Tag Match: Toru Yano & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka
    5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title – 3WAY Match: KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley (c) vs. Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson vs. Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov
    6. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Ryusuke Taguchi (c) vs. El Desperado
    7. NEVER Openweight Title: Yujiro Takahashi (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii
    8. Special Tag Match: Shinsuke Nakamura & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
    9. Tokyo Dome IWGP Heavyweight Title #1 Contender Match: Kazuchika Okada vs. Tetsuya Naito

10. IWGP Heavyweight Title: AJ Styles (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
    I believe this will be streamed on Ustream. Looks like a solid card. First half seems passable but from match 5 onwards things look pretty good. Styles/Tanahashi hopefully top their very good G1 Climax match, same goes to Naito/Okada. And please Ishii, please regain the NEVER title. PLEASE.

Thoughts?

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: NJPW: “King Of Pro Wrestling", October 13th, 2014 - Card & Discussion

Aside from Takahashi (who has been a major letdown/drizzling shits) vs Ishii, there's not much on this card I really find myself drawn to.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Hmm looks like a card that will be solid, but I haven't seen NJPW in a little bit so who's Chase Owens? Any particular matches I should maybe research to see some of his skills?

Owens is just some random NWA dude. Pretty sure this is his New Japan debut. Like any of the other NWA guys that have come into New Japan since the relationship between New Japan and NWA began, there isn't any promise that Owens will even be back again.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Just a note on Chase Owens, I actually wrestled that guy once before when he was first starting out. That should tell you about the quality he was 6 years or so ago. Don't know much if he's any good now or anything but he is a champion and not Big Daddy Yum Yum or Tarver so yeah. It's cool to see him make it to Japan and all, but I can't say I'm excited to see more of this NWA stuff continue and the match probably won't be very good, but hey. BUSHI gets to be on the card so that's a net gain.

Probably 4 of the next 5 matches I've seen a million times, with mostly talent I don't care at all about. In particular as the epitome of both, don't let the recent Bella Twins business on Raw distract you from the worst feud of the year in Suzuki/Yano. Oh God why are they still fighting? It's so dumb.

The exception is #6 because Taguchi totally killed it in his match vs KUSHIDA at Destruction. Way overdelivered and imo Taguchi's back as the top flight wrestler he was supposed to be. Desperado's a favorite of mine and this is literally the most excited I've been for a NJPW Jrs match in years. Also I hope Desperado's band gimmick they have with TAKA & Taichi keeps up.

God, let Ishii beat Yujiro and Yujiro get released. Please.

The tag could be really great depending on which Nak shows up. YOSHI-HASHI's has been a pleasant surprise as far as getting over and he/Okada v. Gallows & Gun was one of the better GnG matches.

Okada/Naito's another match I've seen too much of but should be good. The outcome being in so little doubt doesn't help much though and I think it would have been much smarter to book an underdog challenger of some sort that would at least create a fresh matchup, or maybe an outsider similar to win Marufuji came back to challenge Nakamura last year.

I don't think a title change is totally out of the question but AJ probably retains. Last month AJ looked like he was hurting and was noticeably weaker than his G1 run. This could be really good though and is worth watching for pretty much everyone.

It should have a couple of good matches, though some better booking would help things out a lot. This is probably a step up from Destruction and that show was better than I thought it'd be in general.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Just a note on Chase Owens, I actually wrestled that guy once before when he was first starting out. That should tell you about the quality he was 6 years or so ago. Don't know much if he's any good now or anything but he is a champion and not Big Daddy Yum Yum or Tarver so yeah. It's cool to see him make it to Japan and all, but I can't say I'm excited to see more of this NWA stuff continue and the match probably won't be very good, but hey. BUSHI gets to be on the card so that's a net gain.

Probably 4 of the next 5 matches I've seen a million times, with mostly talent I don't care at all about. In particular as the epitome of both, don't let the recent Bella Twins business on Raw distract you from the worst feud of the year in Suzuki/Yano. Oh God why are they still fighting? It's so dumb.

The exception is #6 because Taguchi totally killed it in his match vs KUSHIDA at Destruction. Way overdelivered and imo Taguchi's back as the top flight wrestler he was supposed to be. Desperado's a favorite of mine and this is literally the most excited I've been for a NJPW Jrs match in years. Also I hope Desperado's band gimmick they have with TAKA & Taichi keeps up.

God, let Ishii beat Yujiro and Yujiro get released. Please.

The tag could be really great depending on which Nak shows up. YOSHI-HASHI's has been a pleasant surprise as far as getting over and he/Okada v. Gallows & Gun was one of the better GnG matches.

Okada/Naito's another match I've seen too much of but should be good. The outcome being in so little doubt doesn't help much though and I think it would have been much smarter to book an underdog challenger of some sort that would at least create a fresh matchup, or maybe an outsider similar to win Marufuji came back to challenge Nakamura last year.

I don't think a title change is totally out of the question but AJ probably retains. Last month AJ looked like he was hurting and was noticeably weaker than his G1 run. This could be really good though and is worth watching for pretty much everyone.

It should have a couple of good matches, though some better booking would help things out a lot. This is probably a step up from Destruction and that show was better than I thought it'd be in general.
    You're a wrestler? Or were one? That's pretty cool.

I am the Outlaw

Status

It's certainly an interesting claim.

I've been accused of being a lot of things, inarticulate ain't one of them

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Thanks THG. Was a few years ago when I was a kid. The truth is where I'm from which is Tennessee if you look hard enough, pretty much anybody could "wrestle" even if they're a kid, aren't trained, whatever, as long as pay isn't an issue so don't be too impressed.

It's much more interesting to be Chase Owens and getting a spot on a show with the #2 promotion and in Japan no less after toiling in those dumps, rather than talking about it here though imo.

LK Star

Status

Why is Makabe in this random 6-Man? He's one of the toughest guys around. He should be in one of the main matches for sure.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ShortOrder Ken View Post
    Why is Makabe in this random 6-Man? He's one of the toughest guys around. He should be in one of the main matches for sure.
    He's one of the guys who wants to get rid of the Bullet Club; so there's that~

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

I've yet to watch the show, but Tanahashi won the belt off AJ Styles, so I hope everyone's ready for Okada Vs Tanahashi VII at the Dome.

I like how New Japan and WWE are both running with the never ending series of matches between Okada/Tanahashi and Cena/Orton despite both match ups already working the final billed match ever.

I'm sure Okada/Tanahashi will be great as always, but man, we've seen it a ton.

Chikara Trainee

Status

I've watched everything bar the main event; and there's not really much to complain about other than the disappointing Jr. Title match. Ishii/Yujiro ROCKED (had to give it ****1/4) and Naito/Okada was it's usual good match (****).

Okada/Tana at the Dome is smart, but honestly speaking, I would have preferred Okada to take on someone else.

Backyarder

Status

Nothing of much interest on the card honestly, I'll still be checking it out but I doubt it would be anything close to some of the G1 shows.

Boucheron Baby Boi

Status

Well considering the G1 was probably one of the greatest wrestling tournaments of all time, then yeah it probably won't live up.

Thread Information