Thread: FWA.com Exclusive.......

Mid-Card Champion

Status

FWA.com Exclusive.......

We got a chance to get thoughts from Alana Allure on the recent comments of Shannon O'Neil.

AA: You know, all things considered, I see both sides of this argument. Consider this, if Gabby retired today, where does that leave women in the FWA? All in the women's division and nowhere else of note. Is that Gabby's fault? No longer being GM, that answer is now no. See at one point and time she could have allowed opportunities to women who have graced this company. Yet she did not.

The fact remains that Gabby is not the only woman who can compete outside of the women's division and has not been the only one during her tenure. I think it is a horrible slight to see comments made that women in the FWA don't try. Over the Edge could have seen tag team champions in myself and Dinorah, but people who are not wrestlers did not like that direction. I personally was drawn to signing with the FWA because of seeing Jillian, Moira, and Gabby. Sure not Evey woman wants to compete against men. But when I asked about opportunities outside of the women's division, I was flat out condescended to. Let me just ask a question here, if nor given a chance to improve myself outside of then women's division, how can I prove I can compete?

At the end of the day, I know I could be the X-division champion, hell if allowed the chance, I can become much more than just that. I hope this is the organization I always thought it was. I hope the FWA is really the one company who would not be biased and limit any woman's right to compete for whatever level of success they wanted to climb to. I for one expect no hand outs, but in fairness In did not see women in the mix for the X division title, I'll say it right here and now if there is a woman who wants to go after the tag titles, I'm not hard to find. Marcus Thane I back up what I say, anytime you want to test your skills, let me know. You don't even have to defend your title, me beating you will say enough all on its own. People ask why I left, I left to pursue all the greatness I want to achieve, outside of just beating up the women. I will fight anybody, man or woman, any time and any place.

I don't see anything as a personal attack on Gabby but she should not let her own success blind her to then plight of her fellow women on the roster. Oh or should I just aspire to beat Beatrixx now, oh wait, I already did.

Boobage Expert

Status

Re: FWA.com Exclusive.......

Shannon has really lit a fire under people and all for different reasons. I love it!

Saddle Sally 3x FWA Womens Champion
    2013 & 2014 FWA Women Wrestler of the Year

The Semi-Published Works of iMatt

"An Affair of the Youth" feature film production journalElsa, The Great (Frozen fanfic)

Walt County

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: FWA.com Exclusive.......

Everyones getting in on it.

Thread Information