Thread: FWA.Com Vblog Diary- KAIZEN #2

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

FWA.Com Vblog Diary- KAIZEN #2

On FWA.com, new beat correspondent Kelvin Hockensmith files a video diary entry from Tokyo, Japan. The first two entries in this video blog can be found here.

SEP 12th, 13:45PM, Tiga-gun Gym, Tokyo, Japan - The audio comes on as the screen is still black. The sound of plywood boards creaking and smacking against each other is heard echoing from a seemingly far away location. From the same distance, muffled yells resound over the noise of the smacking and stomping. As time goes by, the sounds get louder and louder until the camera finally turns on. Kelvin Hockensmith's feet are shown slowly walking. The camera angle swivels up and we see that we are back in the hallway of Tiga-gun gym, leading back to the exclusive area where three days prior, KAIZEN had returned to train where his apprenticeship had began.

The camera swings around again as Kelvin Hockensmith aims the lenses at himself, appearing on camera for the first time.

Kelvin Hockensmith: “Hi, FWA Universe, this is FWA.com correspondent Kelvin Hockensmith filing another report from Tokyo, Japan... my assignment was to record KAIZEN these past few days, but the whole time KAIZEN has been here at Tiga-gun, I have been refused entry back into the gym ever since the first day we were here... I've been keeping myself occupied in Tokyo, its a magical place really, but today is the day we leave to go back to America, so..."

The camera arrives at the end of the hall and focuses on the ring. Inside the ring, glistening with sweat and with a few noticeable bruises on his body, KAIZEN is sparring with Basilisk” Eamon Harindoquay. KAIZEN stands over Eamon, who has latched on to KAIZEN's right leg and is looking for a heel hook.

KAIZEN crouches over, and at that moment Eamon decides to roll and try to turn his grip into a kneebar. However, he has taken the bait; as soon as Eamon rolls, KAIZEN takes his hands down on Eamons back, bouncing Eamon's forehead off the mat. Using that momentarily distraction, KAIZEN grips Eamons waist and deadlifts him up into a giant revolver German Suplex.

"SWITCH!"

As Eamon rolls out of the ring clutching his head, “Goliath” Tau’a Whitlock enters the ring. Whitlock charges KAIZEN, who ducks a clothesline from the 7 footer. As Whitlock bounces off the ropes, KAIZEN barrells forward with a European uppercut. As Whitlock puts his hands up to defend it, KAIZEN pulls out of the maneuver and instead leg sweeps Whitlock off his feet.

Tau’a Whitlock: “Oof!"

Whitlock sits up, only to take a vicious PK from KAIZEN. The impact of the kick echos throughout the room and draws a smile from the watching MINORU the Tiger, who notices that the camera is now present.

MINORU: “STOP..... haha, finally turning it on when the camera arrives.... America has messed with your head, you diva!"
    KAIZEN stops and looks at the camera.

KAIZEN: “Is it time?"

Kelvin Hockensmith: “Uh... yes, we have to fly soon.... but whenver you're ready..."

KAIZEN takes a huge breath and waves away the camera. Taking the hint, the camera leaves the room.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SEP 12th, 14:11PM, Tiga-gun Gym, Tokyo, Japan - the camera turns back on to reveal the outside of Tiga-gun gym. The door opens and KAIZEN walks out with his bag slung around his shoulder. The camera appraches him, but suddenly stops when another man is seen doing the same from the side.

KAIZEN stops and looks at the approaching man. He is caucasian, bald and muscular with piercing blue eyes. The man is wearing a grey shirt with a Union Jack on it, with the words "Grey Britain" under it. The man is the 'ace' of the Pankration Gym and SJP Wrestler "Blue-Eyed Samurai" SHIRO.
    KAIZEN smiles and extends his hand as SHIRO approaches. SHIRO shakes his hand and gives KAIZEN a few slaps on the back.

SHIRO: "I didn't even find out you were back until today mate, you plannin' on just sneaking in and out like this?"

KAIZEN: “I was training hard, Jim. Sorry I didn't have enough time to do a victory lap around town... "

KAIZEN stops smiling and gives SHIRO a hard look.

KAIZEN: “Seeing as Masato-kun already flew off to Mexico, I assume someone at Pankration sent you here... so what is it this time?"

SHIRO shifts uncomfortably. KAIZEN is right on the money. The camera focuses on SHIRO's face as he contemplates his next words.

SHIRO: "Well... obviously you don't have time right now... but the higher ups, you know... Ikamen and them... they still want a meeting with you. I don't know too much about it mate, I assume you know what they're talking about... they want to mend fences with you. They sent me here to see if I could set up a meeting sometime later between them and you."

KAIZEN sighs and puts his hands in his pockets. He gives off a smarmy laugh and then looks back at SHIRO.

KAIZEN: “Heh... a meeting, huh. The Pancrase board wants to 'mend fences'? Funny how they weren't interested in any of that until after I won the Young Lions Cup and then went to the US. They had plenty of chances... even before that..."
    The muscular SHIRO, wider and slightly taller than KAIZEN, squirms a little and winces. It is apparent that whatever KAIZEN is refering to is distressing him.

KAIZEN: “Listen... you know I respect you. They know it too, seeing as they sent you. You are not a fruad or a deciever, SHIRO. Your pursuit of our craft is pure and honorable, just like myself.So, please bring this message back to the Pankration board for me..."

KAIZEN peers at SHIRO from the top of his eyes, emitting a look of malice.

KAIZEN: “Tell them... they sure have some nerve to ask me for anything."KAIZEN and SHIRO exchange a few more words that the camera does not catch. They shake hands one more time, and SHIRO leaves on his way.

"What's that trash doing here?"

KAIZEN and the camera turn around to see MINORU the Tiger standing by the gym door.

KAIZEN: “Heh... he was just saying hi. That's all."

MINORU: "Still haven't forgotten or forgiven?"

KAIZEN: “No."

"Never."

MINORU: "... well, before you go back to the States, maybe you should give your mom a visit, no?"

KAIZEN: “...."

MINORU: "When was the last time you were even back to see her? What a terrible son you are! Terrible!"

KAIZEN: “.... I am too ashamed to see her without the X-Championship belt..."

KAIZEN recieves a playful slap on the head from MINORU. The camera recoils nonetheless.

MINORU: "Always with that mopey smart ass talk... what have I told you ever since day one, when you arrived at the door of this gym? Tough times don't last!"

KAIZEN: “.... tough people do."

MINORU: "TOUGH TIMES DON'T LAST!"

KAIZEN: “Tough people do!"
    MINORU pats KAIZEN on the shoulder.

MINORU: "You're going to be fine, kid... go visit Io, it'll do both of you some good. Trust me."

KAIZEN bids his mentor goodbye and enters a taxi that Kelvin Hockensmith had called. They drive off.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SEP 12th, 16:00PM, Narita International Airport, Tokyo, Japan - The camera turns back on at the airport. The camera approaches KAIZEN from behind. KAIZEN is watching a video on an IPad. The camera catches a glimpse of what he is watching: The Ultimate X Match. Just like in training, KAIZEN replays the part where he stares at the belt and then is felled by Marcus Thane. The segment is replayed over and over on the IPad.

KAIZEN: “Kelvin, we are taking a detour."

Kelvin Hockensmith: “Wait... what?"

The camera cuts out.

SEP 13th, 09:28AM - The camera turns on to reveal the inside of a van. KAIZEN is sitting in the front seat, staring out the window. Outside, lush green vegatation meshes with unpaved roads and ramshackle houses where children run up and holler at the van as it passes by. As they go further, the taller and more cosmopolitan buildings of Salvador City fade away on the horizon and is replaced with an expanse of green earth and blue sky.

A new timestamp appears at the bottom of the screen.

SEP 13th, 09:29AM - Pelourinho, Bahia, Brazil.

-End Entry #2-
    Last edited by KAIZEN; 09-18-2014 at 03:11 AM.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: FWA.Com Vblog Diary- KAIZEN #2

read these a while ago and i think this series is the best ive read from ur character yet. loving it so figured id let u know

Circle Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TheMonarch View Post
    read these a while ago and i think this series is the best ive read from ur character yet. loving it so figured id let u know
    thanks!~ i ended up using the last part for my FN promo a couple of weeks back because i forgot the FN deadline and panicked.

Status

Resurrecting this, because I know from experience what it's like taking time out your life to pump out quality work that goes ignored. This was a great read and it offers a stark contrast to the Kaizen of recent days. Tight work.

Circle Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Resurrecting this, because I know from experience what it's like taking time out your life to pump out quality work that goes ignored. This was a great read and it offers a stark contrast to the Kaizen of recent days. Tight work.
    why thank yew~ KAIZENs backstory is pretty huge, and one day i hope to get it all out there

Thread Information