Country                    United States

Re: Lucha Underground - TV Discussion Thread

Jack Swagger & Laurel Van Ness

Jerimah Crane needs a longer feud with mils

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

So apparently the season four premiere of Lucha Underground started today.

I admittedly fell off the LU wagon between seasons and forgot most of what's happening, so when I get some free time I'm gonna re-watch Ultima Lucha Tres, then get started on Season 4. That's a pretty big 'when' though.

Hope it's as good as I remember.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Watching Aztec Warfare 4 now. Not bad but it feels off.

Tommy Dreamer is seriously the most depressing wrestler of all time.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Demon Bunny

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Nicky View Post
    Watching Aztec Warfare 4 now. Not bad but it feels off.

Tommy Dreamer is seriously the most depressing wrestler of all time.
    Gonna watch it later

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

You know if someone told me that Season 4 would start of with Aztec Warfare I would of called you a liar especially with the Lucha World Title on the line. Aztec Warfare this week was overall fun and entertaining, but their was so weird decisions and talent in there to where I was like why in the fuck is that person in there. Like come on Chavito eliminating Fenix with a Suplex and beating King Cuerno two of the best talents in the company with ease hell naw. I didn't expect Pentagon Dark at all to lose the title, especially when I saw that he was eliminating a good majority of the people in there. I did like how some of the interactions are setting up future Matches and we got to see Catrina and Daga so overall they got the job done.

New Temple home..same vibe, and I bet over time Dario erm..Antonio's voice is going to be wrecked and needing of some Halls, but hey we got Matanza vs Pentagon next week expect Pentagon Dark to retain most likely.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Demon Bunny

Status

That was a fun ep that antonio shit is bad tho they will prob say dairo is him incoginto fake his death etc.

I love the elimnation of Mil that was great and a intresting story to be played there im guessing its Crane/Mils feud which is ok by me Fenix losing by suplex was shit. Marty the moth no sells the haircut and Johnny Mundo buddy is losing shit

Good show tho

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

I thought it was the worst match I've seen all year, certainly the worst agented match all year. Camera cuts so rapid it puts WWE to shame, people coming in not 20 seconds after the last person entered, the ref fast counting everyone, LOL VINNY LIKES PIZZA spots and everyone not named Pentagon being a geek. Joey Ryan comes out with handcuffs, takes the handcuffs off after a couple of minutes and then gets eliminated, great plan Joey. The amount of people that came in only to do nothing but quickly get eliminated was shocking. Here comes Mariposa....and she's gone.....Here comes Hernandez on his big return.........and he's gone......here comes Daga.....and he's gone......here comes Mil....and he's gone. The trios champions all eliminating each other fell flat too. Tommy Dreamer playing Tommy Dreamer was one of the only people in the match to get any spotlight in the match. idk, this was so so bad compared to the first couple of Aztec Warfares where everyone felt like they had an important role in the match. This was just Pentagon Vs 19 wrestlers, it felt cold because they had barely any storylines to play off being the season opener in a match that traditionally is heavy on storylines and call backs. I hated it

And Dario being dead and his dad (played by Dario) now running the show is peak goofy Lucha Underground. I gave them a chance, and I don't think I'll be watching again unless a match gets highly rated to me.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Peru

Aztec Warfare was okay. Not great. Nothing offended me but it wasn't very noteworthy. In fact, Joey Ryan unlocking the handcuffs to attack Pentagon Dark was the highlight of the match. Damn you, LU making me like a Joey Ryan spot.

Why the hell is Dario Cueto plying his dad it's utterly ridiculous. Just have him live if you want to keep the actor. It's not hard.
    Spoiler:

Demon Bunny

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ZinEdine Zidane View Post
    I thought it was the worst match I've seen all year, certainly the worst agented match all year. Camera cuts so rapid it puts WWE to shame, people coming in not 20 seconds after the last person entered, the ref fast counting everyone, LOL VINNY LIKES PIZZA spots and everyone not named Pentagon being a geek. Joey Ryan comes out with handcuffs, takes the handcuffs off after a couple of minutes and then gets eliminated, great plan Joey. The amount of people that came in only to do nothing but quickly get eliminated was shocking. Here comes Mariposa....and she's gone.....Here comes Hernandez on his big return.........and he's gone......here comes Daga.....and he's gone......here comes Mil....and he's gone. The trios champions all eliminating each other fell flat too. Tommy Dreamer playing Tommy Dreamer was one of the only people in the match to get any spotlight in the match. idk, this was so so bad compared to the first couple of Aztec Warfares where everyone felt like they had an important role in the match. This was just Pentagon Vs 19 wrestlers, it felt cold because they had barely any storylines to play off being the season opener in a match that traditionally is heavy on storylines and call backs. I hated it

And Dario being dead and his dad (played by Dario) now running the show is peak goofy Lucha Underground. I gave them a chance, and I don't think I'll be watching again unless a match gets highly rated to me.
    It was different I will say that the arena seemed smaller

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Andre MCarrillo View Post
    Aztec Warfare was okay. Not great. Nothing offended me but it wasn't very noteworthy. In fact, Joey Ryan unlocking the handcuffs to attack Pentagon Dark was the highlight of the match. Damn you, LU making me like a Joey Ryan spot.

Why the hell is Dario Cueto plying his dad it's utterly ridiculous. Just have him live if you want to keep the actor. It's not hard.
    This is LU, it's going to turn out that Dario isn't dead, what we saw was a dummy in the coffin, he faked his death to take the heat off him and he's just pretending to dad because he misses running an underground wrestling promotion so much and had to find a way to return.

There's no way this old man gimmick is going on until this show finally ends.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

There's no way this old man gimmick is going on until this show finally ends.
    If this season has more bad matches like the first one then I’m pretty sure it will.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

I Want It All!

Status

If I had that attitude I would of quit Stardom on the first Show I saw from them Yeah I would agree it came off cold, it would of been better if this was in the Mid-way point of the Season with feuds getting momentum no doubt.

Real Women of Genius

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Strange to start with an Aztec Warfare. Enjoyed it enough tho.

Return of the Super A ++++ SHOW BAYBAY

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Watched the season opener last night.

I love LU but this felt less like the Lucha Underground I remember and love and more like someone trying to recreate everything people love about LU and missing the context that makes it so. 'You like gritty melodramatic telenova soap opera shit? Great, here's Old Man Dario. Aztec Warfare is the most-hyped, entertaining, and important match the show usually has around week 9? Cool, here it is to open the show.'

Like, the gritty meledramatic telenova storylines that aced the mark between cheesy and awesome really fell flat so far. Dario Cueto with a mop on his head is a far cry from so many other segments, and I genuinely hope he's faked his death and is masquerading as Antonio for some end-game plan because damn, that Antonio get-up is going to take time to getting used to.

The way they solved the Trios Titles thing really didn't sit right either. Dario would've just shrugged and said 'Welp, Dante's MIA, sucks for you guys right? Defense tonight btw.' Instead Son of Havoc becomes champion by doing nothing in a missed opportunity. Son of Havoc babyface hero, just slides into that spot without a fuss? That's a perfect spot for a slimy heel to slide in and go 'gee thanks for the gold bruv, I worked hard for it.'

The most traditionally important match they have, Aztec Warfare, is the season opener because dot dot dot? Seasons 1, 2, & 3 all had Aztec Warfare as the midway point that tied early season feuds into late season feuds and here it was thrown out with zero hype, zero traction, and zero sense of importance. It might as well have been a gauntlet match instead of Aztec Warfare. And where was the importance of entrants? Peeps would beat the shit out of each other just for an entry, and here there's slots just given to Tommy Dreamer, who I'll always pop for sad bod or no, Mr Pectacular who I'm at least 30% sure is Tino Sabbatelli, Vinny Massaro and his pizza, and the grand returns of Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez? Not to mention how many wrestlers barely lasted a minute before getting eliminated without doing anything of note. Even El Mariachi Loco back in the first Aztec Warfare got to swivel his hips and superkick a few dudes before getting trucked into oblivion. Far too quick eliminations, I get you don't want too many guys in the ring at once but I don't think there was ever a time when there were more than six dudes in there at once. Sure you don't expect the likes of Mariposa to be a big-time player but Mil Muertes taking a fraction of the offense he used to before getting pinned felt super jarring. At least Hernandez's only spots were his dumbass gangster strut and getting his arm snapped like paper mache, that's probably the best use of him.

The whole thing felt awkward. It's not just the new location, or the snappy camera cuts. It's everything. Yeah it had the Lucha Underground roster, the Lucha Underground match, and the general idea of what makes Lucha Underground Lucha Underground, but the whole thing felt so off and inorganic that it didn't feel like Lucha Underground, if that makes sense.

Maybe I had too high hopes for it, but honestly? I'm just disappointed.

I Want It All!

Status

Big Papa Cueto is now in charge of Lucha Underground in his first week he makes a Aztec Warfare Match and now he's using his new found power to give us Matanza vs Pentagon Dark. I think I remember both of these guys faced each other before, when Matanza was World Champion now the roles are reversed! I wonder though how will Matanza act now with his brother not control of him? Does Matanza have a great relationship with his Daddy, because he really didn't have a good one with his brother, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him go nuts and make a mistake and Pentagon Dark continues as Champ.

Also Famous B is back though I wonder what antics will be looking to get away with, or possibly new talents under his Management hmm??
    Last edited by Sadio HoHo; 06-20-2018 at 12:16 AM.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information