Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Lucha Underground - TV Discussion Thread

Sangre por Sangre

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Lucha Underground - TV Discussion Thread

Part 2 of Ultimata Lucha Tres was good all around. Nice to see Mack get a win and he has two great partners that nearly killed each other last week and their emotions are going to high, hopefully The Mack can keep them in line if so we've got new Trios champs coming. Man watching Catrina vs Ivelisse I'm still upset with the whole Sexy Star situation, and remembering her winning the Lucha Underground World Title they made a horrible decision there. They should of had Ivelisse win the title, you can see the people are behind her and she really did well making Catrina seem like a true threat. Catrina being with WWE in NXT in the early beginnings wasn't really know like that for her Wrestling, but seeing these two made me happy. Ivelisse is a hell of a talent I feel she deserves a signing in one of the big companies as does Catrina who is a great performer when the Camera is on.

It's interesting where this is going with Crane involved is Catrina going to split away from Muertes for Crane? I mean Crane came out and attacked a bloody Ivelisse after the match, but you deserved that ass whopping she gave you after calling her a bitch. Never..never...ever a call a lady a bitch especially a fellow Puerto Rican like myself. This one of the storylines I look forward to seeing more of in the next Season and hopefully theirs a great pay off especially since I heard Crane is getting major interest from GFW/Impact.

Poor Marty he got suckered in by Melissa, then he gets hit across the head by his own Sister to have his hair cut by Fenix. Unlike Catrina/Ivelisse which had little build, this match had plenty of it towards their matchup. Marty is so great at being creepy one moment and then making you love him the next. More blood was spilled and damn Fenix poured it out like a River. I think Marty is going to turn even more insane after his haircut look out Fenix he was going to cut you up with Scissors he might to do even more and not be the one to do it.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Just finished the third installment of episode three and man has ultima lucha been delivering this year. In truth I skimmed through the opening match. Nothing against taya who I think is fantastic. But I cannot stand sexy star. The match seemed alright and the crowd was hot for it. Which is the main thing. But I really hope this is it for star in lucha underground now. While I had my doubts last week. Thoroughly enjoyed the trios match. Fox, mack and killshot make for a solid team and I'm glad they got the win. Thought the main event was a fantastic contest and I'm thrilled that pentagon got a much needed win. Hope they go all the way with him soon. As for the closing segment I'm intrigued by vampiro and his master. Comes off that he has been using puma.. I wonder who his master will be.

Sangre por Sangre

Status

To me compared to the last two weeks Lucha Underground Part 3 was meh to me. Maybe because from what I saw before this matches were so great, and these matches this week weren't on their levels. Taya vs Sexy Star was a good bout and I was pulling her, but what will they do with Sexy Star in the next Season? She's had feuds with every lady on the roster, where does she go from here? I'm really happy Mack, Killshot and Fox won the titles all three had a wonderful year and they truly deserve it. I'm glad they took the titles away from Reptile Tribe, they provided nothing as Trios champions that won't be the case for Killshot, Fox and Mack.

I don't know how to feel about Pentagon Dark now holding the Gift of the Gods Championship. I'm happy he's getting another title shot when he wants it for the Lucha Underground World Title, but really don't really see him beating Mundo or Puma. I do remember Vampiro wanting Puma to take out Pentagon Dark so it makes sense, but meh he's had title shots with more momentum they he did going into that match. A solid match, with some sick spots, but it wasn't like I thought he wasn't going to lose to Son of Havoc.

Finally hmm who is Vampiro's Master???

Real Women of Genius

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

It's time for part four of Ultima Lucha Tres and I've got to say I'm kinda sad it's ending. As while yes the season did fall into a slump midway through, this finale has been fantastic for most part. Kicking off with Matanza/Azteca was a wise move and while the match wasn't anything special. It wasn't like it was really expected to be in the run up. Matanaza was all over Azteca as he should have been and I was happy to see the return of Black Lotus. Can't help but wonder though where the rest of her triad are. As they were bad ass. The post match was also a cool conclusion as Lotus realized that Cuerto was lying. Definitely if this show gets a season 4 would be down for the Black Lotus Triad vs the Cuerto family. In the run up to Ultima Lucha I can't lie I was most hyped for the triple threat match between Cage/Muertes/Crane. No complaints about the match as it was a brutal contest and I actually enjoyed the added elimination match twist. Muertes winning was a surprise but then holy fuck King Cuerno returned! Wondered whether we'd see the hunter back and it was great to see him return after Muertes. Cuerno with the gauntlet is also a story I'd like to see more from.

Also Holy fuck was the Johnny Mundo documentary fucking brilliant. I loved it haha. Main event time and have definitely been looking forward to this match. Johnny Mundo is a fantastic heel and character in Lucha Underground. So surprising how bland he was in WWE. Marked the fuck out for the return of Angelico as well as the dive from Rick Knox. Glad the interference got out the way so Puma/Mundo could do this on their own. As I'd say there has been a lot of interference ending finishes in LU lately. Thought the match was absolutely fantastic especially with the closing stretch. Surprised to see Puma win as I genuinely expected him to lose this match as a means to finish his character up. Wondered if something may happen as there was still a lot of time left.

Totally down for Pentagon vs Puma and there we go.. Career vs Career! Thought this last week but did not expect it to play out as it did. Vampiro screwing Puma surprised the shit out of me I can't lie. Pentagon finally got the belt so no complaints. Have to say if this is the end of Puma. He went out on two great showings. Thought the closing montage was cool. Cuerno looked a bad ass with the gauntlet in his possession. Can't lie not thrilled to see Sexy Star in it. Loved the rabbit tribe bit, they are great. Wonder if we just saw a tease for Carina/Crane vs Santos/Fenix, I'd be down for that. Daga returning was alright but holy fuck he just killed Pindar! Matanza/Mysterio being caged together was interesting and HOLY SHIT! did Dario just die? WTF. Did not expect that at all. Who was he calling?

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    England

Pentagon the new champion? Thank god, this is most likely the last season because it will be hard working getting the title of Pentagon now he is no longer wrestling for AAA.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Yeah Lucha Underground to me is going to come back. I know they are rumors the product might be ending, but this show is too good of a damn show to let just leave this world like that plus they are storylines that need to be wrapped up after what we saw from the Finale.

Azteca JR vs Matanza in the Cage was a good start for the show and damn I didn't expect that spot with the Suplex through the side of the Cage Wall he lucky he didn't get KO'ed from that alone. Black Lotus isn't someone who I'm really all that into, the only interest I had in her was her Stardom ladies who I all support, now with her alone she has nothing special going for her. Let's see who LU brings in for her new Triad to help aid and get revenge in Season 4.

The Gauntlet of the Gods Match was fucking amazing if it wasn't for what happened in the Main Event this Match would of easily of been the best Match of the show and probably the top three best Matches of Ultimata Lucha Tres in general. I was actually hoping for it to end with Crane who I think is a top flight MVP for the Season with Muertes with all the Catrina stuff this Season it would of made sense, but Crane looked great even getting eliminated. Easily my favorite spot of the Match was Crane stabbed the top of the head of Cage with Wooden Skewers Caga KABOB anyone!!! That was so sick to see and the blood poured like the Rivers of Babylon baby. Even when Muertes thought ha I'm even stronger now, Cuerno fucks shit up and kicks the shit outta Muertes. Muertes doesn't need the Gauntlet Glove it would of made him OP in LU, with Cuerno holding onto it it gives him a fighting chance versus him going forward.

The Johnny Mundo Documentary was so funny and we need some laughs after what we saw with Muertes, Cage and Crane to ease our emotions. Lol Jack Evans did you forget how to talk or what?

Career vs Title. Man this Match was amazing even with the interference of the Ninja Turtles, April O'Neil and Angelico during the Match it made sense so it wasn't a scar on the Match for me. Puma had a great arc leading to winning the Lucha Underground World Title and they threw down the Toilet with Pentagon Dark winning the title with the help of Vampiro. So last Season Vampiro got nearly murdered by Pentagon Dark now were good again with each other? I would say their was so momentum and reason for him to win it, it was more so with Puma aka Ricochet leaving and remember the shows are taped many months in advance and at that time of the taping people were talking about how he was WWE Bound and it was going to happen after this Season. What sucks is you can't even have a return Match well maybe you can don't know what the situation is with Ricochet so where does Pentagon Dark go from here? I thought LU missed the boat on Dark winning in the right way and it I'm being honest for all the toughness Dark talks about, it's a step back when you need Vampiro to help you win the title, while doing it after he had a war with Mundo just saying.

The ending Scenes were perfectly done, but damn is Dario dead or were going to see him return in Season 4 maybe towards the Midway part of the Season. Alot of questions a great second half of the Season for LU here's too more in the future!

Real Women of Genius

[Your Name]

Status
      Country                    Germany

Checked out Killshot/Fox Hell Of War match as it has quite a bit of buzz as the best match of the season. Gloriously violent, but done right. It slowly escalated throughout, they made the big spots matter, and gave the whole feud a real sense of closure (if that did indeed finish it). Both guys deserve a lot of respect for some of those spots, real good street fight/borderline death match.

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Checked out Killshot/Fox Hell Of War match as it has quite a bit of buzz as the best match of the season. Gloriously violent, but done right. It slowly escalated throughout, they made the big spots matter, and gave the whole feud a real sense of closure (if that did indeed finish it). Both guys deserve a lot of respect for some of those spots, real good street fight/borderline death match.
    This.

If their is one thing Lucha Underground does right is when they want to go "hardcore" they know how to do it in the right way. People usually just keeping spot after spot after spot and what the Wrestlers do in those type of Matches make no sense, but Kllshot vs Fox did it right way like you said and then some. Killshot/Fox easily in my top favorite Matches from 2017.

Real Women of Genius

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    I too checked this out because it seemed to be the most highly recommended match of LU's return. Got to give them both a lot of credit for wrestling that kind of a match for 30 minutes or so, especially when they broke the glass in the ring so early. It was a spectacle for sure. Some of the stuff they did where the match slowed down to set up the big spots through glass or tables I didn't like but that's more of a bigger point of why I don't like deathmatches. Always takes me out of the moment where a match that is supposed to be about hate filled brawls turns into just trying to pop the crowd with an OTT stunt, even more so when it's wrestlers like Fox and Killshot who have to cooperate with each other in those high risk, athletic moves. Also fuck Matt Striker putting as many war puns into his commentary as possible. I liked the match, but I don't think it's making my top 100 list.

How was the rest of Ultimate Lucha Tres to those that watched it? anything else I should check out?

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Fenix vs Marty and Puma vs Mundo are must watch IMO. Definitely would recommend those matches.

The Boneless

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Fenix vs Marty and Puma vs Mundo are must watch IMO. Definitely would recommend those matches.
    Agreed.

Sangre por Sangre

Status

https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/statu...23post71334673

So happy to post this. It's official Lucha Underground is going to continue on with a Season 4 hooray. I know alot people were fearing that this show wouldn't come back, but I had no doubt it was going to continue. 2018 come faster I need LU back in my life.

Real Women of Genius

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Interesting, glad they are back though.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Sweet Meat

Status

Was really surprised to see them picked up for another season. Maybe, just maybe, there's hope for them yet. I won't likely catch up any time soon, but I'm happy for another place to work for talent, producers, etc etc

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I’m seriously asking, who would even be back around for a new season? Seems like most of the bridges were burned during the airing of season three and most guys already found life preparing for it’s demise?

Also I’m gonna start watch Cueto Cup/Ultima Lucha stuff this weekend.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sangre por Sangre

Status

One thing about Lucha Underground Season theirs always a influx of new talent, and what happens LU knows what to do with them so I have no fears that with new people coming that the show won't be awesome to watch.

Real Women of Genius

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Also fuck Matt Striker putting as many war puns into his commentary as possible.
    finally got around to watching this and i very much liked it but jesus christ this, this, this.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

I liked the first season of Lucha Underground but I found it hard to get any access to the S2 and S3 and I got way behind on it. I'm hopefully going to try and keep up with this upcoming season.

Haven't read any spoilers or know who's going to be in LU, so it's quite a thrill not knowing anything going it.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Count me in for Season 4. This is the only wrestling related show I've watched religiously in years. I'm hooked on it.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

​Totally down for season four. Always loved Lucha Underground

Thread Information