Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling Podcast Chat

Rusev Day

Status
      Country                    England

Wrestling Podcast Chat

I haven't spotted a thread for this and figured it would make for some interesting conversation.

Personally i enjoy Jericho's the most although i tend to skip the ones with non-wrestlers.

JR and Austin are also very enjoyable.

Just listening to Jericho's today with Christian which is very interesting indeed.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: Wrestling Podcast Chat

Can't bring myself to listen to Goldberg's.

Colt's is the best one not mentioned, but MLW is fun stuff too.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status
      Country                    United States

Haven't listened to Piper's yet but I dig the other 3. Jericho's two parter with Edge and Heyman was great.

Wherever Whores Go

Spoiler:

First Class

Status
      Country                    uk=United Kingdom

I would strongly recommend the Attitude Era Podcast, it's incredibly funny and occasionally informative.

Sweet Meat

Status

Fancasts make me barf generally.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Austin and Jericho's are the ones I listen to weekly during my commute, but I wish Jericho would get a move on, I've usually reached work before he brings his guest on. The three way with Edge and Heyman was excellent.

JR's I'll only give a listen to it he has a guest on I like that's worth tolerating JR's pretentious attitude to hear their thoughts on.

i feel like Colt's run out of steam a little after 200+ episodes, I used to love it even if his guest was someone I didn't know, but now I'll sometimes skip a couple of episodes to make time for other podcasts. There's only so many times I can hear his view on his WWE experience.

Indy Talent

Status

Austin's is great. Unlike the others, he doesn't feel the need to constantly interrupt his guests and try to get himself over. He's also funny, both when he wants to be and unintentionally. His four part discussion with Bischoff has been the best so far.

Jericho's is just unbearable. JR's has only further exposed him as another Foley. Never listened to Piper's. As for Goldberg, when he has a guest on who is at least moderately interesting, I'll give it a go.

Cornette has some good old school discussion on his thing, but it's mostly just a rehash of the million shoots he's done.
    Last edited by J.Lobster; 07-09-2014 at 02:00 PM.

On Vacation

Status

Colt Cabanas is still my favourite but like Ed said it doesn't feel as good as it used to, I don't know whether its because its the same old stuff from him like Ed said or his choice of guests not being the same as it used to be(he hasn't had a current WWE wrestler since before Punk left) or if its because theres so many alternatives.

I feel JR talks down to fans on his and is pretty patronising, it depends who the guest is to whether I listen to his, same with the others really.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Piper's is the best for me. I have every episode of Piper's Pit and I also have episodes of his original Podcast Rod Pod when he was on toadhopnetwork. That one is especially funny the first episode of that one with Jim Duggan needs to be heard to be believed lol.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

You guys hit the nail about Colts, I used to listen to every single one even if it was a Scotty Mac or someone incredibly random. But now I don't know what it is but I don't find the enjoyment of listening to most of his unless it's a wrestler I know

GMT Baby

Status

I like JR's, enjoyed the one with Lance Storm last week, he says what he feels which I like. As I am devoting my time to listening to these podcasts I like to have things pointed out to me that I hadn't noticed myself, and JR does that.

Cheap Heat is a good listen too most weeks, with Rosenberg and Shoemaker.

[Your Name]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by y3j View Post
    I would strongly recommend the Attitude Era Podcast, it's incredibly funny and occasionally informative.
    Yeah, this is the only one I listen to every now and again. The humour is very British though, so American's may not get a load of the jokes & references.

Status

I generally only listen to one or two podcasts a week while I'm mowing my yard. For the longest time the only wrestling podcast I listened to was Cabana's, but I really haven't listened to his regularly for a couple years now. Mainly listen to Austin's and just listened to Jericho's for the first time today. Checked out his latest with Christian since they're my two favorite guys and it was really good. Christian's story about Snooks and the tax collector was hilarious. Will have to check out the Edge/Heyman one soon. Also need to check out JR's podcasts. For those that listen to his, which has been his best one yet?

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I've actually really been enjoying Jericho's much to my surprise. Cabana's is definitely losing steam though he has had some really fun episodes over the past year with DiBiase, Trent?, Rich Swann, Mike Bennett, RD Evans, ECIII, Ambrose, etc.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Yeah, I listened to his Ambrose one a while back. I think that was the last one I listened to.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I still would say Colt's is my favorite based on it having the feel of a conversation between two friends. However, I am usually more interested in the guest on the other shows. Jericho's has a similar feel to Colt's when he has a guest he knows well. It's been said already but JR's self righteous attitude keeps me from enjoying his show. Which is too bad because he does bring up interesting points but it's just non stop complaining every single week.

GMT Baby

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
    Also need to check out JR's podcasts. For those that listen to his, which has been his best one yet?
    The two parter with Michaels was interesting as they discussed the Undertaker/Brock stuff. Also the MVP episode was good, MVP opened up a lot.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

I stumbled onto Piper's podcast by chance and listened to his episode with Jake the Snake which I thought was very good and the one after Mania where they discussed the HOF and he had Duggan call in so both of those I enjoyed. Then I found Jericho's and so far I have really enjoyed the episodes I listened to particularly the Paul Heyman & Edge two parter. That really was ace and I enjoyed Heyman immensely regardless of what they talked about. I listened to the Bret Hart episodes and although Bret's connection wasn't great I enjoyed what he had to say. Also the Drew Galloway (Mcintyre) episode was very interesting as was the AJ Styles episode I listened to. There are a lot more of Jericho's I need to hear like his Austin interviews and his more recent ones. Also I only heard about Austin's podcast from Jericho talking about it so I am definitely going to check it out. As for JR it might be interesting depending on the guests. Does he talk about American football on it a lot? Being Australian it doesn't really interest me, I get European football (soccer) but American football not so much, though I can listen to it if he touches on it but also talks about wrestling.

So I'm just recently getting into wrestling podcasts but I have enjoyed the ones I've listened to. Its nice to hear perspectives from those who were behind the scenes of WWE or WCW, ECW etc and see what they have to say about it all.
    Last edited by Lisette; 07-12-2014 at 01:58 AM.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

Status

Talk is Jericho is the best by far. Loved his interview with Adam Carolla, it was a meeting of two of my all time favorites. His two part interview with Daniel Bryan was pretty informative.

GMT Baby

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lisette View Post
    Does he talk about American football on it a lot? Being Australian it doesn't really interest me, I get European football (soccer) but American football not so much, though I can listen to it if he touches on it but also talks about wrestling.
    If you pick the episodes with wrestling guests then not at all. Only when he promotes his sponsors for a couple of minutes or it is directly relevant to the conversation but they are all wrestling based. I am from the UK so I wouldn't listen if there was a lot of reference to US sports that I have no knowledge of.

The first part of the Kurt Angle episodes was released this week and was very good, Angle opened up and was totally honest, he spoke his mind on TNA and discussed whether he would've gone in to MMA instead of Wrestling after the olympics had the money been better. Good stuff.

Thread Information