Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling Podcast Chat

Indy Talent

Status

Re: Wrestling Podcast Chat

Granted, I've only listened a few times and it might have improved, but Jericho's podcast is just unbearable.

For starters, you've got his never ending opening monologue where he says nothing of interest. Then there's the cringeworthy references to "TWITTAH". And to top it off, he seems to work under the assumption that all of his listeners are the lowest common denominator and have no understanding of how a podcast is made.

The difference between how Jericho and Austin present themselves on their respective shows is astounding. Austin's often sounds like two guys talking, with the microphone nothing but a fly on the wall, whereas with Jericho, it's the complete opposite.

GMT Baby

Status

If you don't want to listen to the opening section then just skip it? That's what I do, saves listening to them talking about Draft Kings and True Car.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

I love wrestling podcasts of all kinds. If I have free time and I'm not watching wrestling I'm usually listening to a wrestling podcast of some sort.

Agreed with everyone about Colt. Was good, can still be good with the right guest, usually doesn't catch my interest much anymore.

All of the Podcast One shows are all in the same category with me that I can only take so much of the host's various "gimmicks" without it wearing. JR's "Old School" or Jericho's "obnoxious egomaniac" or Stone Cold's ...He's actually almost always pretty good. Also the fact that the advertisements, despite being skippable are so blatantly worked make me laugh and shake my head. (Don't tell me they all have that one friend who needed to go to True Car)

MLW's easily my favorite among the wrestler hosted ones, and that's coming from someone who HATES drug use or references of any kind. The combination of humor, constant burying of WCW/TNA, and the lack of political correctness never let me down. Just a great show.
    C'est Magnifique~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Psymmo View Post
    If you don't want to listen to the opening section then just skip it? That's what I do, saves listening to them talking about Draft Kings and True Car.
    I do this with certain podcasts. I'm that way with Cabana's too because his monologue tends to be the same time after time. He's pretty much fallen into the Marc Maron mold where the monologues pretty much feel the same and you just want to get to the interview (which sometimes feels empty too)
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    Granted, I've only listened a few times and it might have improved, but Jericho's podcast is just unbearable.

For starters, you've got his never ending opening monologue where he says nothing of interest. Then there's the cringeworthy references to "TWITTAH". And to top it off, he seems to work under the assumption that all of his listeners are the lowest common denominator and have no understanding of how a podcast is made.

The difference between how Jericho and Austin present themselves on their respective shows is astounding. Austin's often sounds like two guys talking, with the microphone nothing but a fly on the wall, whereas with Jericho, it's the complete opposite.
    Could not disagree with you more. Jericho goes into ring psychology, politics, ect. Asks his guests insightful questions that lead them into some engaging conversation. Austins podcast is almost the exact opposite of that, and his saving grace is that he pulls the best guests due to his name value. Seriously, he had Paul Heyman on there, and he spends how much time discussing the color of Damian Sandows tights? Or responding to every name drop Heyman made with "Oh yeah, uh huh, him too"

Indy Talent

Status

Steve Austin's is my favourite out of all of them. He's effortlessly entertaining and gets the best out of his guests. Talk is Jericho is good when you actually get into the interview, I can't bare him talking by himself with his lame gags. Cabana seems to be sick of doing AOW, JR annoys the fuck out of me.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I don't know if stone cold still does it but icant listen to phone calls during podcasts, it's a complete turn off

MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Status

I listen to Stone Cold and Jericho's usually when I'm at work. Means I can't skip the commercials though :'(
    Both their podcasts are mint. JR's is actually quite boring, and he came across as a real creepy old bastard in the Ronda Rousey episode he had two weeks ago.
    I've listened to Goldberg's podcast when he had Terry Crews on but thats it and never listened to Piper's or Colt's. The Attitude Era podcast is what I'm getting into now it's bloody mint

EDIT: Recommended podcast episodes:
    Talk is Jericho: Paul Heyman and Edge (two parter), Daniel Bryan (two parter), Drew McIntyre, Chris Nowinski, Rey Mysterio (two parter). RVD's two parter is alright when he talked about marijuana legalisation but apart from that he's pretty annoying to listen to

Stone Cold Show: Vince Russo (two parter), Jim Johnston, Josh Barnett, John Cena
    Last edited by Vagina Magnet; 07-14-2014 at 05:37 AM.

GMT Baby

Status

I don't think JR's is boring, it depends what you want. I listen to podcasts to learn about wrestling, and JR does for the most part try and be informative. I find myself skipping a lot more of Austin's than I do Jericho's or JR's.

Apparently Rosenberg and Shoemaker are going to have Josh Matthews on soon which should be an interesting one, I've always dug him, especially on commentary.

Indy Talent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    Oh, sure, but that doesn't overcome all the other crap I referenced.

Surprised Foley hasn't jumped on the podcast bandwagon. But I suppose he's too cheap/lazy.

Status

I really hope Punk's new podcast is on Podcast One, but I highly doubt it will be.

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
    I really hope Punk's new podcast is on Podcast One, but I highly doubt it will be.
    Maybe he's just starting a band and a fire tho

Wherever Whores Go

Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Maybe he's starting a band called Fire.

i love moms

Status

This fire burns, always.

But yeah Art of Wrestling is pretty much the only one I listen to, but like everyone else I've lost interest a lot lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Lghikas View Post
    I basically live out my internet life to gain Jake's approval.
    [10:54 PM] Yeezus: these bitches love Jake, hit em with that cobra now that boy slumped ova

GMT Baby

Status

Surprised Foley hasn't jumped on the podcast bandwagon. But I suppose he's too cheap/lazy.
    Foley is on the road non-stop doing shows and appearances, I wouldn't say he is lazy.

Its Rock Or Bust!

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Does anyone know why the audio changes about halfway through part two of the Edge and Paul Heyman episode on Talk Is Jericho? It goes from them being in the hotel to what sounds like a phone call without any warning.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Jerichos podcast today with DDP and Jake Roberts was awesome.

Indy Talent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    Foley is on the road non-stop doing shows and appearances, I wouldn't say he is lazy.
    Too cheap then. And hardly anyone would listen to it given his current reputation.

Too cheap then. And hardly anyone would listen to it given his current reputation.
    How is he too cheap to do a podcast when he's already going around the country doing his stand up shows? Foley may be one of the cheapest wrestlers around, but his cheapness has nothing to do with whether or not he starts a podcast.

And what reputation? He's still a fucking God to a lot of people. Sure, he may have said some things recently that have annoyed some, but A) We don't know if he was character for those comments and B) It doesn't take away from the fact that he's still a hilarious mofo.

Really though, in this day and age where everyone and their mother has a podcast, we should be thankful that someone like Foley is one of the very few that isn't jumping on the bandwagon.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Are you High??? or just incredibly stupid lol. I mean seriously. How has Foley's reputation taken a hit in any way in the last couple of years??? He's still regarded as a wrestling legend by peers and fans. Hell fans don't even hold his TNA Run against him lol.

Thread Information