Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Wrestling Podcast Chat

To the letter of the law

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: Wrestling Podcast Chat

Anyone listened to Russo’s ‘Truth with Consequences’ podcast? It’s a guilty pleasure for me. Can’t say I like it, and I’m definitely not a Russo fan ... but I can’t help but to frustrate myself by listening most weeks.

Status
      Country                    United States

Now that is one guy I could never listen to regularly. Same with Xpac couldn't deal with this voice. Vince Russo to me is just too full of shit, and that's coming from a guy who listens to Bischoff, and Bruce.

Also stopped listening to Post Wrestling. John Pollock and Wai Ting having been boring me lately.

The Lapsed Fan's World Class journey has been frigging amazing.
    Last edited by Necro; 01-29-2019 at 02:00 PM.

To the letter of the law

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Now that is one guy I could never listen to regularly. Same with Xpac couldn't deal with this voice. Vince Russo to me is just too full of shit, and that's coming from a guy who listens to Bischoff, and Bruce.

Also stopped listening to Post Wrestling. John Pollock and Wai Ting having been boring me lately.

The Lapsed Fan's World Class journey has been frigging amazing.
    I definitely get that, ‘bro’. It’s oddly fascinating that it seems his co-host, Matt Koon, seems to be slowly getting dragged into believing the lies too, or at least, going out of his way to defend Russo.

I still listen to Post Wrestling, but mostly out of routine more than anything at the minute, as it saves me having to watch Raw or Smackdown and just pick out the stuff I need to watch instead.

Have fallen off the Lapsed Fan as of late, and with a podcast of those lengths I start to find it daunting trying to catch up when I get a few weeks behind. That World Class story is fascinating and I definitely feel like I’m missing out at the moment by not listening.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Only one i've been listening to recently is Edge & Christians
    I have a plan so cunning......

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    He definitely comes out of ass a bullshitter a lot, but so does Bruce.
    Bruce is a zillion times worse. EB has triggers on certain things he wants to manipulate the narrative on (IE anything involving Bret or Hogan for different reasons or how he gets super defensive about WCW finally becoming profitable in '95) but also offers good insights on stuff when he doesn't have an agenda. I actually really enjoy a few of his episodes although even then he comes across smug sometimes. Bruce is purely for "entertainment" value and has shown he'll lie about virtually anything. I would never pay him any mind.

Russo almost comes across as so delusional even he believes his lies so it's not too surprising he'd be convincing to others.

Firefly Fun House

Status

Yeah I’m really enjoying EB’s insight so far. Conrad can fucking blow me though. Like who the fuck is he to literally yell at EB? It’s annoying.
    It’s no secret I think Bret Hart is a miserable self Mark so that may be why I enjoy that episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post
    Yeah I’m really enjoying EB’s insight so far. Conrad can fucking blow me though. Like who the fuck is he to literally yell at EB? It’s annoying.
    It’s no secret I think Bret Hart is a miserable self Mark so that may be why I enjoy that episode.

You don't get excited for Conrad talking about his collection of wrestling memorabilia? Him shouting out some guy we don't know who has some defunct title no one really cares about. Or when he has his friend on who is the most annoying fucking person I've ever heard on a podcast. Or the fact he's such a mark he married Ric Flair's daughter and at the same time has a bunch of her father's robes. Okay, the last one was a bit over the line haha.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JakeYourBooty View Post

Because Eric is 100% full of shit and Conrad has to deal with it constantly. I don’t think I could bite my tongue either. I think the shit is hysterical and obviously Eric doesn’t take it personally, but he lies about shit that doesn’t even matter. He said he took the belt off of Sting because he didn’t have a tan. I can’t. I go nuts listening to him.

Speaking of Conrad, I’m listening to Something to Wrestle about Jim Cornette, and this story is fucking gold.

The Planet's Admin

Status
      Country                    England

YOU’RE GONNA LIE THROUGH YOUR FUCKING TEETH - WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN STARRCADE AND SUPERBRAWL? DID YOU BUY HIM A FUCKING TANNING BED??!?!?

its daytime Eric and the starrcade rants are 10/10

The Undertaker piano music playing in that dead rat story killed me.
    Last edited by Ed; 04-09-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Hail To The King

Status

S2WW is good in gen I enjoy EB because he is EB E&C and Jericho best podcast.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status

Poor George and his mesothelioma is probably my favorite moment in the history of that podcast.

Spoiler:

Jobber

Status

Solomonster Sounds Off is my podcast of choice. I find it quite entertaining and I haven't watched wrestling regularly since 2006 so it keeps me in the loop of what is going on without having to watch WWE.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread Information