Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Wrestling Podcast Chat

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: Wrestling Podcast Chat

I find most fan podcasts annoying but there's a couple that are amazing. Attitude Era podcast is really good, and I've listened to RBR Weekly Wrestling Talk for about 10 years now. It's very inside jokey at this point but that obviously won't bother a long term listener.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

I still like Bruce Pritchard's pod casts. I also like listening to some of the stuff Stevie Ray does. I'm starting to no longer listen to Cornette though. The guy just rants about everything, even non wrestling, and has openly admitted to blocking people on Twitter who doesn't share his same Political Views. Guy is a nut job.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I liked the Stone Cold/Joey Janela podcast. I don’t listen to Steve’s show much and there was maybe too much Zandig talk and self promotion but I was invested into the whole thing. I told Ed Janela is a genius.

Also I love my favorite wrestler of all time plugging underwear for five minutes.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

"Above Average"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
    Pritchard

Don't put a T in his name, put one on your back at BrucePrichard.com!

Say hello to the bad guy!

Status
      Country                    Canada

When it comes to wrestling podcasts, I enjoy Jericho, Austin, E&C, X-Pac, the occasional Jim Ross and occasional Lillian Garcia.

Ive given Bischoff's a try but he's a little too opinionated and monotonous. Ive listened to a few Raven episodes and he can have good stuff by he tries to hard with his humour and its usually incredibly awkward. And Ive tried the Wrestling Observer, but I only really am interested when he is reviewing big WWE or New Japan events.

Status

Lately the Conrad Thompson podcasts have been brutal to listen to, he's getting really full of himself. The only wrestling one lately I'm into is The Lapsed Fan, and sometimes I'll listen to Post Wrestling podcasts. I tried getting back into Cornette, but the guy is brutal in most cases. The political rants are just boring at this point, and he had a podcast pretty much giving the All In even no credit. He sounds like a bitter douche. Conrad comes off a try-hard, and his obsession with Ric Flair is really bizarre.

Oh I forgot I also listen to Keepin it 100 every week. It's pretty brutal sometimes though when Disco doesn't shut the fuck up, and the sound quality is usually pretty shitty. I enjoy The Hurricane on there, and Juvi as well.

I didn't hear no bell!!

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Lately the Conrad Thompson podcasts have been brutal to listen to, he's getting really full of himself. The only wrestling one lately I'm into is The Lapsed Fan, and sometimes I'll listen to Post Wrestling podcasts. I tried getting back into Cornette, but the guy is brutal in most cases. The political rants are just boring at this point, and he had a podcast pretty much giving the All In even no credit. He sounds like a bitter douche. Conrad comes off a try-hard, and his obsession with Ric Flair is really bizarre.
    I agree with all of this pretty much. In fairness, given the success he’s had with his podcasts, I’d expect Conrad to be a little full of himself. But that bubble is bound to burst soon. Some of those Patreon tiers they announced a few weeks ago for the STWW show are ludicrous. My question is, with all the podcasts he does now, how does Conrad still have time to do his actual day job of being ‘the mortgage guy’?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Beast View Post
    I agree with all of this pretty much. In fairness, given the success he’s had with his podcasts, I’d expect Conrad to be a little full of himself. But that bubble is bound to burst soon. Some of those Patreon tiers they announced a few weeks ago for the STWW show are ludicrous. My question is, with all the podcasts he does now, how does Conrad still have time to do his actual day job of being ‘the mortgage guy’?
    He's either spreading himself thin at work, or he has put himself in a position to not have to be part of the day to day as much at work. I was listening to one part of What Happened When and Conrad spent 10 minutes talking about his own success. The one thing I will say they are always top quality as far as sound quality goes, and with Tony sometimes they have to buy some time. So maybe I'm overreacting a bit.

"Above Average"

Status

What Happened When has become my favorite show lately. I love how they just make a complete joke out of it now. It's a lot of fun for me to listen to.

Sometimes Bischoff makes me want to pull my hair out. He goes into defensive mode too quickly and stays there for the entire show. And then he starts repeating his defenses. That sounds like someone who's lying to me. I honestly don't see this show lasting too long.

Prichard's last two shows(Hassaan and Invasion) have been pretty good. I always love hearing Prichard's random stories. And it's fun when Conrad attacks him for saying "He didn't need the belt" and then in the same breath saying "He definitely needed the belt here." Conrad don't take no shit!

Last week, my favorite thing to listen to was Meltzer on Talk is Jericho, talking about the death of Bruiser Brody. If you don't know the insane story behind his death in the locker room in Puerto Rico, the trial that went nowhere, or the controversy surrounding everything, you need to check it out. Sometimes Meltzer says a lot of things that make my head spin, but this was fun to listen to since he wasn't going into know-it-all mode.

Thread Information