Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Predator (2018)

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: The Predator (2018)

Saw the trailer yesterday and it looks like it should be straight to video. Nothing good in it... Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea. I love predator but this is just depressing

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

For sure a way better Trailer this time around and that huge Predator towards the end there woah. I hope they didn't reveal too much because that shot of the Strowman Sized Predator who seems to be a hybrid with a Alien should of been saved.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Sorry, how is this better exactly? This still looks like a movie that should have stayed in development hell permanently. I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope this bombs so badly that I never have to be inundated with another one of these again. That's coming from someone who ranks the original among his favourite movies ever and highly praises the silly Danny Glover sequel.

Fuck this movie and fuck Shane Black for making it.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Western Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Sorry, how is this better exactly? This still looks like a movie that should have stayed in development hell permanently. I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope this bombs so badly that I never have to be inundated with another one of these again. That's coming from someone who ranks the original among his favourite movies ever and highly praises the silly Danny Glover sequel.

Fuck this movie and fuck Shane Black for making it.
    I didn't say the Trailer is the greatest just better. Also you actually like that second Predator film to a degree ha the one they did in what 09 or 2010 is a way better film in my opinion. I would of rather of seen continue from that than this to be honest.

Real Women of Genius

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sadio HoHo View Post
    I didn't say the Trailer is the greatest just better. Also you actually like that second Predator film to a degree ha the one they did in what 09 or 2010 is a way better film in my opinion. I would of rather of seen continue from that than this to be honest.
    Predators isn't bad but it's just like a Predator's Greatest Hits movie, kind of like what Alien: Covenant was last year. Plus that ridiculously obvious twist with Topher Grace's character ruined any goodwill the movie may have had with me, not to mention killing off poor Danny Trejo first. I also wasn't a huge fan of shoving them back in the jungle since that had already been done before. At the very least Predator 2 moved the character to an urban jungle.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best concept for a Predator movie is going back in time and doing it during World War I. A Predator picking off hapless soldiers in the trenches would be fucking awesome.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Predators isn't bad but it's just like a Predator's Greatest Hits movie, kind of like what Alien: Covenant was last year. Plus that ridiculously obvious twist with Topher Grace's character ruined any goodwill the movie may have had with me, not to mention killing off poor Danny Trejo first. I also wasn't a huge fan of shoving them back in the jungle since that had already been done before. At the very least Predator 2 moved the character to an urban jungle.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best concept for a Predator movie is going back in time and doing it during World War I. A Predator picking off hapless soldiers in the trenches would be fucking awesome.
    I didn't mind the obvious twist in the film, love it when he bit the dust in the film. Also I wouldn't mind a World War I setting imagine if both sides having to come together to take out the Predator woof.

Real Women of Genius

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji
    We’ve gotta write this movie.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

I'll watch this at home, but really have no desire to go to the movies for this.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

​I liked the new trailer. Definitely felt it was an improvement on the first. Down for watching this.

Status

This looks like absolute dog shit.

-
    "I'm not an Avenger. I'm not Thor. Or Cap. Or Peter. I'm just a kid in a mask. Doing the best I can. But I'll never give up on the world. Or this city. Or anyone that needs me. I'm Miles Morales. And I'm Spider-Man."

Status

Here's a new poster.

Status

Here's an international poster.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

So I went down into a bit of a rabbit hole last night reading some of the reviews for this movie. It's actually pretty hilarious to see how divided the critics are on this one but it seems that, for the most part, if you're expecting a traditional Predator movie you're going to be severely disappointed. On the flip side, if you have an open mind and an ability to either turn off your brain or just not have one it'll probably be a ton of fun.

I still think it's going to suck ass but I'll be going to see it either Friday or early next week.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Status

FUCKING TRASH. I have to go watch AVP: Requiem to get the taste of this out of my mouth, that's how bad it was. Unfunny drivel punctuated by nonsenical action. Also, the film alters the continuity of the franchise in a way that feels like an insult to the first two movies.

-
    "I'm not an Avenger. I'm not Thor. Or Cap. Or Peter. I'm just a kid in a mask. Doing the best I can. But I'll never give up on the world. Or this city. Or anyone that needs me. I'm Miles Morales. And I'm Spider-Man."

Status

It was.... something. It probably helps I didn't pay anything to see it, TBH. I enjoyed it... marginally? Not so much as a Predator flick but a just a buddy-military action movie... yeah, I found it entertaining. I had a few laughs. The Predator stuff is what I want and aside from a few moments, its really didn't deliver. It took things in some interesting directions in the Predator mythology, but I do have agree with the "expectations = disappointment" while "shut off brain = marginal entertainment". I was able to do the latter to an extent so I didn't feel like I wasted my time.

Status

Total Lifetime Grosses
    Domestic: $24,000,000 43.9%
    + Foreign: $30,727,235 56.1%
    = Worldwide: $54,727,235
    This movie had an 88 million dollar budget. It was number 1 in America and got mixed reviews.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

I was actually most surprised to read that 2011's Predators had a budget of just $40 million. For all its faults, that movie certainly made the most out of a smaller budget.

In regards to this one, I'm going to see it tomorrow and, like Papa, I'm fortunately not paying for it. I'm going to fully turn off my brain beforehand but my expectations are still quite low.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

After seeing this I find it very difficult to rate. On one hand it was absolutely terrible in almost every facet save for a couple of decent jokes, one hilariously fucked up continuity error (more on that in a moment) and a ton of gore. On the other, it was pretty entertaining in a trash cinema kind of way and that alone puts it above both of the AvP movies where I'm concerned. I settled on a 4.5/10 but I feel like if I'd actually expected something good it would be in the 1-2 range.

I also feel like a lot happened during the final act that I either missed or just didn't care about...

Spoiler:

For instance, did I miss the friendly Predator dog dying? How about Sterling K. Brown's character? I swear they just sort of disappeared at some point during the big firefight in the forest. Speaking of disappearing characters, I had to lolz at Jake Busey playing what I assume is the son of Gary Busey's character from Predator 2 for about 2 minutes before not showing up in the rest of the movie. Oh and speaking of Predator 2 and that continuity error I mentioned earlier, at one point in the movie they say that the aliens had been to earth in 1987 (Predator) and 1997 (Predator 2). This is all well and good until they show footage of the alien from Predator 2 on an iPad and the date says "1990", which is the year of release of the movie as opposed to when it was set.

Also, one point about the casting. I didn't mind the lead or his crew and I thought Brown chewed the scenery well enough but whoever thought Olivia Munn would make a good action heroine should be Kevin Spacey'd immediately.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Status

Okay, I think we are pretty close to being on the same page. I found it similarly divisive. The "dumb action flick" aspect was moderately enjoyable to me. Again, not GOOD. Just not making me feel like I wasted 2 hours of time. But yeah, had I went in with any real expectations, I think my perception would be more toward the "robbed me of my precious fucking time" line of thought.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

So I got to be honest it was definitely a lot different to what I expected/hoped for. Yet at the same time as already said. I was able to simply switch off and enjoy the movie for what it was. Not the worst film this year but defo not the best.

Thread Information