Thread: Shazam! (2019)

Status
      Country                    United States

Shazam! (2019)

Release date:April 5, 2019
    Studio:New Line Cinema (Warner Bros. Pictures)
    Director: David F. Sandberg
    MPAA Rating: N/A
    Screenwriter: Henry Gayden, Darren Lemke
    Starring: Zachary Levi, Mark Strong, Asher Angel, Grace Fulton, Jack Dylan Grazer, Ian Chen, Jovan Armand, Ron Cephas Jones
    Genre: Action, Fantasy, Adventure

Plot Summary: The film tells the story of teenaged Billy Batson, who transforms into the superhero when he says the magic word "Shazam!" Captain Marvel was originally published by Fawcett Comics and later by DC Comics. Created in 1939 by artist C. C. Beck and writer Bill Parker, the character first appeared in Whiz Comics #2 in 1940.

MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Status

Re: Shazam! (2016)

The whole Captain Marvel by DC Comics thing cooks the shit out of me but it could be aight

Instantly thought it was a remake of that Shaq movie though

Status

Shazam is such a weird superhero. His stories can be very light-hearted and enjoyable, but they can also be groan-worthy and just awful. The fact that DC is throwing a solo movie at Shazam and not Aquaman or Flash burns me up a bit, but also makes me think they must have some great idea for it, since it's not like Shazam is one of their big moneymakers.

I really don't know how to feel about this film as a whole, but if the villain is Mister Mind, I am TOTALLY IN.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

At this point I think DC are throwing everything they can out there just to see what sticks. With everything they have announced at this point, I'm betting Sandman's the only thing that will be simultaneously creatively, critically and financially successful. I'm not sure about this one at all to be honest, but that's probably because I know very little about the character... that could go in the films favour though.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

So it's not a biopic on the music service?! How disappointing!

Status

Dwayne Johnson to Play Black Adam in Shazam!

Despite saying just two weeks ago that he couldn't decide between playing the titular Shazam or his arch-enemy Black Adam, actor Dwayne Johnson took to Twitter today to announce that he will be playing Black Adam in the upcoming film. No further details are known about the film however, including writer, director, or a release date, but check back here for more on the film as we learn it.

Originally Teth-Adam of Kahndaq, the character first appeared in Marvel Family #1 in 1945 and has gone on to be both a villain and an anti-hero throughout his history. The character has powers comparable to that of Shazam, including flight, strength, agility, lightning manipulation, as well as magic.

Johnson has been in talks to star in a DC film for many years at this point, and earlier this year hinted that Black Adam was one of his favorite characters. A rumor back in June pointed toward a Shazam film opening in 2016 along with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and though there is a DC-based film set for release August 5 of that year, it hasn’t been confirmed as being Shazam.
    Wow this is a big add-on. Does that change anyone's mind on this project?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Vagina Magnet View Post
    The whole Captain Marvel by DC Comics thing cooks the shit out of me but it could be aight

Instantly thought it was a remake of that Shaq movie though
    The character existed under DC Comics for almost 25 years before Marvel Comics was even conceptualized. Set your shit to simmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalmatic View Post
    Shazam is such a weird superhero. His stories can be very light-hearted and enjoyable, but they can also be groan-worthy and just awful. The fact that DC is throwing a solo movie at Shazam and not Aquaman or Flash burns me up a bit, but also makes me think they must have some great idea for it, since it's not like Shazam is one of their big moneymakers.

I really don't know how to feel about this film as a whole, but if the villain is Mister Mind, I am TOTALLY IN.
    The same can be said about virtually any and every character that's been in publication for at least 10 years and has been handled by an on-going flux of different writers. Take Spider-man. In 50+ years he has been handled by HUNDREDS of different writers. And the bad stories outweigh the brilliant ones. For every "Maximum Carnage", we get a 2 year long "Maximum Clonage", for every "Death of" story, we get a "Return of" story, counteracting the good done by those angles. Your above statement can easily be applied to Spiderman, Superman, Batman, X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc etc.

Considering Captain Marvel was created in 1939, it's safe to say that with 300+ writers handling him, there are bound to be plenty of turds in the pool.

Killing It.

Status

I really need to stop clicking on this thread thinking about Kazaam... but yeah, The Rock rules so this has gotten a lot more interesting. Also, they should've straight up called it Captain Marvel, people would instantly watch it if they thought it was another Marvel movie.

Status

Dwayne Johnson Updates on Shazam, Paints Black Adam as an Anti-Hero

Although Dwayne Johnson has been loosely attached to a big screen take on DC Comics’ Shazam for some time now, plans are now finally moving forward to not just bring the adventures of Billy Batson and his superpowered alter ego to the big screen, but to also develop the story of Johnson’s Black Adam as well. MTV caught up with the Furious 7 star over the weekend and learned a bit more about what fans can expect from the Shazam movie, currently planned for release on April 5, 2019.

“[S]tarting off properly is him not being a hero,” Johnson tells the outlet. “That’s got to be earned, so he starts off as a slave. And he’s pissed off, and people are going to pay. But eventually down the line he’ll become an anti-hero.”

Created in 1939 by artist C. C. Beck and writer Bill Parker, Shazam first appeared in Fawcett Comics’ Whiz Comics #2. By saying the world “Shazam,” teenager Billy Batson was transformed into the “world’s mightiest mortal” and given the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles and the speed of Mercury. Originally known as Captain Marvel, legal disputes between DC and Marvel comics over the decades led to the hero receiving an official name change in 2011.

“No, we haven’t picked a Shazam yet,” Johnson continues, “and we have been working on the script. Half the scripts [have] already come in. Fantastic, very excited about it. And what I’m really excited about is — because, again, I’ve lived with this character, and this opportunity for almost 10 years now, so it’s like, in my DNA! I’m like a little kid, and it’s the opportunity to create his journey, but that journey has to start out properly… I can’t wait to share more casting news by the way.”

Jack the Giant Slayer scribe Darren Lemke is currently penning the script for Shazam, which is set to be released April 5, 2019, just a month before Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War Part II. Johnson previously hinted, however, that Shazam could arrive even sooner, so check back for details as they become available.
    Sounds pretty cool, very vague, but holding out hope.

Status

Re: Shazam! (2019)

So it looks like The Rock will have a solo film with Black Adam, and Shazam! will not include him. Really find it hard to believe that this movie will make a 2019 date.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

So Sinbad isn't in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Status

Production officially begins on Shazam!

Director David F. Sandberg has posted on Instagram to reveal that production has officially begun on the upcoming Shazam feature film! Check out the photo from the set below.

Asher Angel (Andi Mack) will star in the film as Billy Batson, with Zachary Levi taking on the titular hero and his alter ego. Mark Strong (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, Sherlock Holmes) will play the villain, Doctor Sivana. Other cast members include Jack Dylan Grazer, Grace Fulton, Ian Chen and Jovan Armand as Billy’s friends that live in a group home with him and This Is Us star Ron Cephas Jones as the Wizard who gives Billy his powers.

Sandberg is directing for New Line Cinema. The Lights Out and Annabelle: Creation director will step behind the camera with Peter Safran producing. Henry Gayden and Darren Lemke wrote the script for Shazam, which is scheduled to shoot in Vancouver.

Dwayne Johnson will not appear as the villain Black Adam in the film and is developing a solo film for the anti-hero as a separate project.

Created in 1939 by artist C. C. Beck and writer Bill Parker, Shazam first appeared in Fawcett Comics’ Whiz Comics #2. By saying the world “Shazam,” teenager Billy Batson was transformed into the “world’s mightiest mortal” and given extraordinary abilities by ancient gods.

Shazam will debut in theaters on April 5, 2019.

Source: Comingsoon.net
    Here we go, it begins.

Status

Here's a first look.

Status

Here's the teaser trailer.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah this looks so fun. I really got a Superhero version of Big with this Trailer and Movie so hard right now!

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status

Here's a new poster.

Thread Information