Release Date: TBA
    Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
    Director: Not Available
    Screenwriter: Jack Thorne
    Starring: Not Available
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy
    MPAA Rating: Not Available
    Official Website: Not Available

Plot Summary: Based on Neil Gaiman's "Sandman," which launched DC Comic's Vertigo imprint and ran for 75 issues beginning in 1989. Gaiman's worlds-within-worlds weaved an episodic anthology, focusing on the allegorical character of Dream and his brothers and sisters, known as the Endless (Death, Desire, Despair, Delirium, Destruction and Destiny).

Who is interested in a standalone Sandman movie? I can't get enough of these comic movies. So of course I'm in.
    Last edited by Necro; 02-01-2017 at 03:57 AM.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Sandman (2016)

I'm down with Levitt and Sandman is one of my all-time favourite comic books so of course I'm in on this. I'm just not sure how he's going to translate something as detailed and layered into a film format, so I'm looking forward to the first trailer when it shows up sometime next year.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Horror Comedies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status
      Country                    United States

I have yet to read Sandman though I hear it's very impressive. I'll be checking it out shortly. Really like JGL though, and I'm excited about his involvement with such a beloved comic property.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I remember hearing about the film in production months ago, and I saw JGL as the main character and I'm all in. From what I've on the character is he playing, he's going to real badass type of character that borders the line between good and evil.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

It's been a while since I read the Sandman books... Might have to pick them up again. I think I got up to book four before I stopped reading for no real reason. I think I still have them all in storage somewhere. Definitely an interesting read and well worth checking out if you've never read them though.

Love me some JGL, always have, so I'm on board for this one.

Status
      Country                    United States

Joseph Gordon-Levitt
    4 hrs ·
    RE: SANDMAN

So, as you might know if you like to follow these sorts of things, a while back, David Goyer and I made a producing deal with Warner Brothers to develop a movie adaptation of Neil Gaiman's SANDMAN. Neil himself came on as an executive producer, we hired the excellent screenwriter, Jack Thorne, and we started in on the ambitious task of adapting one of the most beloved and boundary-pushing titles in the world of comics. I was pleased with the progress we were making, even though we still had quite a ways to go.
    Recently, as you also might know if you like to follow these sorts of things, the sorta "ownership" (for lack of a better term) of the Sandman material changed hands when Warner Brothers shifted the entire catalogue of Vertigo comics (an imprint of DC) to their subsidiary, New Line. And a few months ago, I came to realize that the folks at New Line and I just don't see eye to eye on what makes Sandman special, and what a film adaptation could/should be. So unfortunately, I decided to remove myself from the project. I wish nothing but the best for the team moving forward.
    I'd like to thank all the great people I've had the opportunity to work with on this one. I've had a blast with and learned a ton from David and Jack. Niija Kuykendall, Greg Silverman, and everyone at Warner Brothers have been fantastic, as have Geoff Johns and everyone at DC. And it's been a particular privilege as well as a rocking good time getting to know Mr. Gaiman, whose generous insights and masterful work have certainly convinced me that the Lord of Dreams and the Prince of Stories are one and the same Endless pattern.
    So this was posted by Joseph Gordon-Levitt on facebook, and twitter. So shitty news no more JGL involment in this movie.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    So this was posted by Joseph Gordon-Levitt on facebook, and twitter. So shitty news no more JGL involment in this movie.
    This truly sucks, I like JGL I thought he could of been perfect for this role. We need more Anti-heroes, sucks this movie might be on the back burner for awhile now.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Thread Information