Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: FujiFilm Too: Electric Reviewaloo

[Run]

Status
      Country                    England

Re: FujiFilm Too: Electric Reviewaloo

It's fair to say that the trilogy suffered from the current trend of movies aimed at appealing more to fanboy nostalgia rather than doing their own thing (as much as I enjoyed TFA, it shoulders some of the blame for this) or *gasp* creating a whole new IP entirely.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X104F using Tapatalk

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

So I just recently re watched all the Star Wars movies the weekend before Star Wars day and found myself not liking the original movies as much as I used to. To be fair this was the first time I'd ever watched everything in chronological order, and it was the first time I'd ever seen the original trilogy with any of the added scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I still like The Last Jedi, but it definitely feels the least like a Star Wars film. I can see why it’s so polarizing among fans.
    See I enjoyed the Last Jedi so much because it felt so much like a Star Wars film, what I mean by that tho is that it's what made me really enjoy the original movies the first time I saw them, it was new and different and interesting. Personally I need something new, The Force Awakens and Rise of Skywalker were fine Star Wars movies but they were just the same old shit and I actually even enjoyed all 3 prequel trilogy movies over those two during my recent rewatch.

It's the same problem that happened with Alien: Covenant. From what I read Ridley Scott had planned on a direct sequel to Prometheus that continued the journey to the engineers home world but he caved to pressure from fanboys and the studio and went back and just did Covenant. In my opinion Prometheus was the best thing to happen to the Alien franchise and Covenant just went back to the well just like The Last Jedi was the best thing to happen to the Star Wars franchise and Rise of Skywalker just went back to the well.

Anyway looking forward to FujiFilm! I had the Hunt on my Netflix watch list for awhile but found it's been taken off Netflix so I'll have to find another way to watch it soon.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

man, the only thing worse than Attack/Rise is the added scenes in the originals, lmao.

Ichiban

Status
      Country                    United States

I watched Rise last night, and I liked it just fine.

Honestly, it was the best of the modern trio for me...way better than Force Awakens or Last Jedi. I can understand people thinking it has too many plot holes or whatever. And it does. I won't dispute that. But, it also felt the most action-oriented, which is why I enjoyed it. At the end of the day...Rise honestly has the best lightsaber action since the Darth Maul fight. Also, maybe people were angry with the "twist", or the ending of Rise. But, I'm not really not bothered by it. I feel like it's just a case of people taking the franchise too seriously. At the end of the day, these are just fun action movies. And I thought Rise delivered on that.

::I did probably enjoy Rogue One and Solo more than Rise, though. I'd consider those the best of the modern movies, even though they're outside of the trilogy.
    Last edited by LigerKing; 05-15-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Status

I'm trying really hard to save all my thoughts for when Fuji actually reviews them but I'm definitely in Camp Pro-TLJ and think it's among the best Star Wars movies.

Fuji's assertion on Rise is on the money. Immediately pleasing but gets worse the more you think about it.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Pathetically Recapping Wrestling's Most Famous Garbage
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic Hall of Famer

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

#BlackLivesMatter

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    When I hear people's complaints of Last Jedi of 'it wasn't a star wars movie' I'm left confused on why people want 9 of the same movie, especially when it's going to be impossible to do them as well as they were done in the original.
    I honestly think a lot of them just wanted to complain. There's more than a few people that equally hated the familiarity of The Force Awakens and the uniqueness of The Last Jedi. You cannot have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercat View Post
    It's the same problem that happened with Alien: Covenant. From what I read Ridley Scott had planned on a direct sequel to Prometheus that continued the journey to the engineers home world but he caved to pressure from fanboys and the studio and went back and just did Covenant. In my opinion Prometheus was the best thing to happen to the Alien franchise and Covenant just went back to the well just like The Last Jedi was the best thing to happen to the Star Wars franchise and Rise of Skywalker just went back to the well.
    I saw Covenant twice when it first came out, and both times I felt like it was really just a greatest hits package of the Alien franchise. That wouldn't have necessarily been a bad thing if Scott hadn't JUST tried to create something new a few years before. Prometheus is far and away a better film, but I'll be interested in seeing if I still feel the same way about Covenant when I watch it again for review.

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    man, the only thing worse than Attack/Rise is the added scenes in the originals, lmao.
    As much as I hated the Greedo shot first stuff in ANH, it pales in comparison to the hatchet job done to both the Sy Snootles and Ewoks songs in ROTJ. I cannot watch those scenes any longer, as they just make me miss the original stuff that much more.

Quote Originally Posted by LigerKing View Post
    ::I did probably enjoy Rogue One and Solo more than Rise, though. I'd consider those the best of the modern movies, even though they're outside of the trilogy.
    Rogue One is definitely my favourite of all the new ones, though I think The Last Jedi is arguably a better overall film.

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Fuji's assertion on Rise is on the money. Immediately pleasing but gets worse the more you think about it.
    This doesn't inspire confidence for the re-watch.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    This doesn't inspire confidence for the re-watch.
    I haven't had the strength to double dip on it yet. As someone who really likes TLJ I think the way it basically wrote over that movie in crayon hurts even more for my demographic.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Pathetically Recapping Wrestling's Most Famous Garbage
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic Hall of Famer

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

#BlackLivesMatter

Underdog

Status

I'm really happy that I will be able to follow the thread in real time. When is the best time to start with the requests, Fuji?

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Bro View Post
    I'm really happy that I will be able to follow the thread in real time. When is the best time to start with the requests, Fuji?
    I'd say that would be whenever I actually get this thing started up again. Obviously I'd hoped to be back into them by now, but work has been keeping me much too busy. Now with my other business starting up again, I can't guarantee an actual start date, but I'm hoping to have things back in gear by some point in July.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information